PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Ogres cannot stand in low areas if forced to crouch

Slave35
06-27-2018, 01:27 PM
If you're an ogre, you can usually walk through buildings just fine, IF you crouch at doorways. If you don't, you are "forced" into a crouch, and cannot stand again in areas where you could if you had crouched first, manually. There are many many areas that do this, and it leads to potentially EXTREMELY dangerous situations.

For instance, the Militia house in Freeport has a ceiling that can barely accommodate a standing ogre. If you crouch through the door, you can walk through the building normally after un-crouching inside the building. HOWEVER, if you are FORCED to crouch by walking through the doorway, you cannot un-crouch again until you are in an area with much more head room.

loramin
06-27-2018, 02:02 PM
A) this sounds like a Titanium Client problem, ie. it's not something that I'd imagine the devs could fix. I could be wrong, but in general anything client-side (like "does my toon intersect with the ceiling?") is determined by the EQ software, not by the P99 team

B) you can, and probably should, disable auto-ducking (CTRL + O or ALT + O, I forget which, brings up the Options window), as this will prevent such issues in the future

C) in situations where you get stuck (for any reason, even if you're not an Ogre) you can use /rewind to get out, although it might take a few attempts (with waits in-between)

D) in rare cases when /rewind doesn't work a GM, fellow Shaman player with Shrink (in indoor zones), fellow high level mage player (with Call of the Hero), or fellow mid-level Druid/Wizard (with ports or translocates) can get you out

Hope that helps.

Slave35
06-27-2018, 10:10 PM
Classic. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_Necropotence)

No it's not. I played numerous ogres on Live before even Velious was released, and this was never an issue.

A) this sounds like a Titanium Client problem, ie. it's not something that I'd imagine the devs could fix. I could be wrong, but in general anything client-side (like "does my toon intersect with the ceiling?") is determined by the EQ software, not by the P99 team

B) you can, and probably should, disable auto-ducking (CTRL + O or ALT + O, I forget which, brings up the Options window), as this will prevent such issues in the future

C) in situations where you get stuck (for any reason, even if you're not an Ogre) you can use /rewind to get out, although it might take a few attempts (with waits in-between)

D) in rare cases when /rewind doesn't work a GM, fellow Shaman player with Shrink (in indoor zones), fellow high level mage player (with Call of the Hero), or fellow mid-level Druid/Wizard (with ports or translocates) can get you out

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the disable auto-ducking commands (and you can disable it from the options menu as well)... but I doubt it will rewind. You can walk around, you are simply crouched and can no longer stand up. (whereas if you ducked through the door, you can stand and crouch at will.) You cannot even sit, same problem. So you will remain crouching through rooms that are barely tall enough to actually stand in normally... unable to cast spells or attack.

elwing
06-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Everyone should disable autoducking, this thing is just bugged, there are places, like in rivervale where you will crouch on some ramp even if there's no ceiling nearby...