PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a good chair

Droop
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Pretty much as the title states. I need help finding a badass chair for when I sit on my computer. I have some old completely worn out 9yr old chair. It sucks and my ass/back hurts after a good grind session.

I am looking for a super-comfy, high-backed ergonomic chair. I prefer to not have the arm rests on the side (If they could be taken off, that'd work). Of course swivel/adjustable needed.

Any suggestions? Any highly recommended? Budget isn't too crazy 100-200 bucks probably. Don't need no 700 dollar chair lol.

Ashimar
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Take note if you go into a store like Office max, Staples, Sears, ECT for a chair you'll be paying retail price, so used is better in my opinion.

The first place i would go look at are Garage Sales, its about spring time
so they will be everywhere, i go about 7am on friday's. Just drive around untill you see one. I paid 5 dollars my office chair and it works great.

Second choice would be to go to a Thrift Store, Good Will or Salvation army.
OR ask a friend if he's got an extra one sitting around.

Third choice would be to post an Ad on Craiglist or even Facebook if you have one.

Chippy
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
My suggestion is go on newegg.com. I was in your situation about a month or so ago, and I had the same price budget in all. Although it's economical to do what Ashimar said, for the amount of time I log my ass in front of my computer (gaming, paying bills, college papers etc.) I like to have a comfortable chair. Nevertheless I'm ready for those kunark grind sessions. ^_^

Toony
03-22-2011, 04:46 PM
I'll never buy another new chair from places like office max and office depot. A good used premium office chair from a used office furniture place will blow them away everytime. We sit in 10 year old 'high end' office chairs that cost about the same as a new chair from office max and they are wayyy more comfortable.

Drieddead
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
It sucks and my ass/back hurts after a good grind session.

lol.

roflmao

Massive Marc
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
roflmao

Dirteh !

I was actually expecting a "That's what your mother said" comment. lawlz.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I'll never buy another new chair from places like office max and office depot. A good used premium office chair from a used office furniture place will blow them away everytime. We sit in 10 year old 'high end' office chairs that cost about the same as a new chair from office max and they are wayyy more comfortable.

QFT

Due to the ridiculously litigious nature of this country, firms have made it routine to purchase very expensive (and very heavy) ergonomically designed chairs for all their employees so they don't get sued for back pain in their workers. Get your hands on a used one, they rock.

mrgoochio
03-23-2011, 04:56 AM
take out a loan and google herman miller

Bassracerx
04-17-2011, 06:59 AM
if i could get any computer chair it would be this one!
http://www.recaro.com/us/product-areas/office-chairs-marine-stadium-seating/products/office-chairs/sportster-cs.html

http://www.recaro.com/uploads/pics/sportster_cs_office.jpg