PDA

View Full Version : Sneak makes the game crash

Slave35
06-13-2018, 06:55 AM
If I sneak near a human merchant as an iksar monk, then attempt to buy something... the game crashes.

I believe this is because they turn to look at me and are no longer able to sell me anything since the faction goes back down. I'm still in the merchant menu even though the faction has reset. I tried to buy backpacks from Ponila Quickfingers twice in East Commons and both times got booted out of the game.

Bummey
06-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Vendors always turn towards you when you use them. As long as they were facing away from you and conning indifferent when you clicked them, it doesn't matter if they're facing you afterwards. Faction and charisma-based item buy/sell prices are also set when you initially click them.

I can't say I've ever had this crash happen. My iksar monk has sneak sold to dozens of dubious vendors from all different factions. Weird.

Slave35
06-13-2018, 08:03 PM
It happens every single time that I reproduce these steps. Try it with Ponila Quickfingers next to Freeport zoneline in EC and buy a backpack?

evilkorn
06-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Is it a crash, like the game closes or does it freeze. If it's a freeze, reset your UI because having a small chat box (in your case whatever box 'other' is filtered to I think) is too small.

Triiz
06-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Is it a crash, like the game closes or does it freeze. If it's a freeze, reset your UI because having a small chat box (in your case whatever box 'other' is filtered to I think) is too small.

Yeah it sounds like it's your UI. UI can cause an outright crash as well. Used to happen to me all the time a little grey box would pop up saying "your game has crashed" or something like that and as soon as I clicked "Ok" it would close the game. If expanding your chat box doesn't work, try loading the Default UI then using the vendor.

Slave35
06-14-2018, 10:35 AM
I have the default UI. I don't think it is a UI thing. It boots me to the server select and tells me I have an active character if I try to log in.

Tupakk
06-14-2018, 11:24 AM
its a UI issue. delete your current UI files for the toon and let the game repopulate the files.