02-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Sold

Abacab
02-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Isn't worth 25k

2-3k tops

yaaaflow
02-15-2010, 05:02 AM
haha I'm sure he appreciates the tip, but the very first one on the server is gonna be worth a bit more than 2-3k.

Finawin
02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
25k laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl

amaterasu
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Seeing as no one can price the item yet, as there aren't any on the market, I priced mine on what it would be worth to me to get rid of. I am actually happy using it on my character, but figured I would benefit more getting a full set of nice gear.

I didn't price it so 50% of the server could buy it at their whim, sorry.

holkan
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Why would anyone pay 25k when they can buy several other items for other slots and gain the same stats lol and then wait 2 weeks till theres a million on the server and pay way less.

amaterasu
02-15-2010, 02:22 PM
You missed the point, it doesn't matter if anyone will do it or won't do it, as I don't mind never selling the item.

Ethereal
02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I dont know, even in live it was pretty rude to heckle a seller in his auction thread.

Grats to OP on the first one on server, GL with your sale.

Muerte
02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Grats on the stone, at least we know it is definitely dropping:)

As for the price, well the price is what people will pay for it. If you can get 25k go for it, if you can get more then more power to you.

Recyclebin
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I love how out of whack pricing on this server is.

Abacab
02-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I love how out of whack pricing on this server is.

It's the only thing bad about the server, blatant price gouging and excessive loot whoring. I used to stand in NFP buy people's items then give them out for free to lower levels.

We're playing this for free so I feel no need to slit throats over prices to have the biggest, richest, most powerful character for twinking or gloating rights.

amaterasu
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Honestly I think you bring up a great point.

Ideally, that is how things would work, not just in the game but in the world.

However, looking at this from my point of view, in the game, I am a level 17 mage with 0 items other than the gbs. No one has offered me anything free, and I have an item other people want, so instead of offering the gbs at a low price, and counting on karma to bring me some free gear, it is more reliable to sell the gbs high and be able to buy myself some gear.

I'm not trying to rip off people, consider me a poor person who got lucky ;)

yaaaflow
02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
You don't have to explain yourself, sell whatever you want at whatever price you want to. If people don't want to pay it they don't have to.

Taluvill
02-16-2010, 01:18 AM
GBS at the 25k he is asking would probably gear himself up with everything tradeable he'd need, even if he overpayed for them, and he'd have cash left over

Dabamf
02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. What a concept.

I hope he gets 25k for it, and jerks off using the plat and your tears as lube.

WTS Thex Dagger, 250k

Atern
02-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Isn't GBS no-drop on live?

Zordana
02-16-2010, 08:56 AM
You don't have to explain yourself, sell whatever you want at whatever price you want to. If people don't want to pay it they don't have to.

*cheer* at last one *bow to yaaaflow*

its unbeliveable how some people are just sooo stupid and crying about every shit all the friggn time.. no matter what, no matter how important, nothing does matter, as long as they can troll, friggn retards!

The Situation
02-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Isn't GBS no-drop on live?

No.

Karbuk
02-16-2010, 12:52 PM
GBS on live was sold during classic and kunark for around 10-20k pretty easily...being as it looked badass with the Dracnid Thyxl which had the same graphic as GBS and would look really cool :P

Qi0
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
I thought the idea was to say 25k in hopes someone offered 20k or something in that ballpark, and then roll from there. Obviously you're going to get a bunch of people freaking out on you, but that's to be expected.

P.S. - How much did you end up getting for it?

The Situation
02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll buy it in 2 weeks when it's 6k.

MystikkaHeals
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I forgot all about the GBS. What are the stats again?

Recyclebin
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I forgot all about the GBS. What are the stats again?

Worse stats than Stein (which is 300pp)
GBS: 9int +save 10 magic
vs
Moggok Stein: 5 dex 10 int +10 HP +save 25 disease

IT JUST LOOKS REALLY RAD OKAY?

+15k MARKUP FOR GLOWING RED FIST.

AKA HUGE DICK WAVING STATUS SYMBOL.

Dinkums
02-17-2010, 06:37 PM

lawl

TRUF!

Back in the day I camped this bitch for almost an entire weekend with my best friend when we played back in vanilla. I believe we traded it for a Runed Cowl, Shiny Metallic Robes and like 12kpp. Flipped it all for 30kpp and split it.

This began our EverQuest career with some bad ass twink gear.

Good times.

Good luck selling the stone for whatever profit mang.

I'm just starting out on this server and I'm actually out of town right now and I cant wait to get back choose a class and start tearing up some levels. Still can't decide what to play. I think I'm leaning toward a Monk and crafting some Wu's Fighting armor myself since it's pretty simple to whip up.

I hope to see some of you online soon and make some new friends!

yaaaflow
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Worse stats than Stein (which is 300pp)
GBS: 9int +save 10 magic
vs
Moggok Stein: 5 dex 10 int +10 HP +save 25 disease

IT JUST LOOKS REALLY RAD OKAY?

+15k MARKUP FOR GLOWING RED FIST.

Stats on the GBS look better than the stein to me.

Salty
02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
It's the only thing bad about the server, blatant price gouging and excessive loot whoring. I used to stand in NFP buy people's items then give them out for free to lower levels.

We're playing this for free so I feel no need to slit throats over prices to have the biggest, richest, most powerful character for twinking or gloating rights.

Scrubs sell things at a much higher rate because it is valued to them at a larger price than it would be a non-scrub.

This is why things are priced higher by some people than others.

Jewce
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
No one in this post has considered how important style points are.

yaaaflow
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Scrubs sell things at a much higher rate because it is valued to them at a larger price than it would be a non-scrub.

This is why things are priced higher by some people than others.

That's funny, cause I'd think it would be that smart people would try to sell things for higher than their real value, because dumb people will pay higher than the real value? You seem to be saying it's the otherway around though, that smart people will attempt to sell things for their exact value because they don't like making a profit or something? I don't get it.

Salty
02-17-2010, 11:38 PM
People who know how to farm loot don't give a shit about selling GBS from some lvl 15 mob when they are sporting much higher value in their bags/bank.

Therefore who gives a shit about some GBS, sell it for 5k and move on to selling your tranix crowns. That's most likely going to be the value of the GBS.

In conclusion, phat lewts no newts.

yaaaflow
02-17-2010, 11:48 PM
And so if people will buy a GBS for 10k rather than 5k (lets say that is it's real value) right now it kind of makes sense to sell it for that, no? Free 5k?