PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Testimony of Truth

Ektar
10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Gave the forums a search for keywords sorry if I missed it..

Starting NPC Merko Quetalis in the hall of truth courtyard gives you a note to deliver to Altunic Jartin, the shield merchant across from inn3 in EC. You give it to him and some dude shows up you have to kill, then he asks for a cloth shirt and he gives you the token of generosity... However! I gave him the note and he just ate it and nothing happened.

Ektar
10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh. merko is in north freeport. forgot that part!

Ektar
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=362 is a link to the soulfire quest, which this is a part of. Figure that might help.

So I, knowing the quest inside and out, skipped the above mentioned broken part by just handing altunic jartin a "cloth shirt," which he asks for for protection after you save him. He did award me the token of generosity, but I got these factions:

Your faction with...

TheDead has gotten better!
SoldiersOfTunare has gotten worse!
Faction10103 has gotten better!

I don't think those are right ;)

Furthermore. You hand in the token of generosity and the token of bravery (given for a spider venom sac) in order to take the Test of Truth, where you kill militia's own Guard Willa in the nearby sewer. She drops the final item to turn in for your testimony. So in the face of HORRIBLE adversity of a broken quest, I still killed Guard Willa - but she had no loot! only coins. I really don't see a way around this part in the quest. Your paladin testimony is 1 of 4 items for the turnin for soulfire. In fixing this, if you wanna fix my tunare faction and reimburse me for my incredibly expensive cloth shirt...! :D

Barthorn
11-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Seems that Guard Willia is always up and just has a spawn time and does not drop "token of truth". I did the quest and lost my "token of bravery" and "token of generosity".

Here is how this SHOULD work:

1) Buy a cloth shirt". Head out to East Commonlands and find Altunic Jartin. Give him the cloth shirt and he will give you a token of generosity.

2) Go to the Hall of Truth in Freeport and find Merko Quetalis.. Give him the spider venom sac. He will give you a token of bravery.

3) Give Merkos both the token of generosity and the token of bravery. He will tell you your final opponent awaits you in the sewer. Jump down in the water, and right inside the tunnel you will see Guard Willia. DO NOT WASTE TIME! If you wait too long or miss her too much, she runs down the tunnel and zones and you will have to start all over at the first step. Loot her corpse and get the token of truth.

Fix please =D

Ektar
11-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Barthorn's rendition of the events occurred while me and Karsten were attempting to get our testimonies. We tried over and over again until somehow Guard Willa began (like said above) spawning over and over again with ~10 min timer. My guess is this:

Even before Willa became a timed spawn, the drop rate of the token of truth was reduced from 100% to ~33% (I got it on my 3rd kill, then (for embarrassing reasons) again on the 6th kill). So the quest is doable now, especially since it became a timed spawn, but it's still, uh, wrong. This is a very minor thing - there are bigger fish to fry atm (the server is down...). But for any paladin in search of help, there you go. just camp Guard Willa.

Aeolwind
03-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Fixed Jartun. Others appear to be working correctly, let me know if they aren't

nilbog
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Fixed Guard Willia. This should take care of everything in this thread?

nilbog
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
-Gave Altunic Jartin correct pathing again. He will path around the western part of ecommons. He will show you where his house is with the proper trigger.

-Gave Squire Narl the proper combat and death messages. He will now drop his head 100% of the time.

Ektar
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I haven't checked in a while. But here's the rundown of how it should work, whether it works or not.

If Aeolwind has fixed jartin, then squire narl should spawn upon handing in the note.
If Squire Narl is correct, he should drop his head.
If the head turn in works correctly, Jartin should request a cloth shirt.
If the cloth shirt turn in was fixed*, then you should receive the token of generosity.

*the turnin worked months ago, but you received WEIRD factions (noted above)

If Willa was fixed, turning in the token of generosity and token of bravery (received from turning in a spider venom sac) should spawn willa. Furthermore, she should drop the token of truth 100%.

Simon Belmont
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I just did this today. I had to completely bypass the Squire Narl part of t he quest and just give him the shirt for the token. Guard Willia is up atm(and keeps spawning) and I killed him with no faction loss. Did not get the token. QQ.

also Jartin was not fixed. He is just standing in his house.

Ektar
03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
He stands in his house for a while, then wanders sometimes. did you wait and watch? Or perhaps this is fixed on the next patch? Or BOTH?! eeeeeEOEE

nilbog
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
My changes do not go in until patch time. Has quite a bit in it.

Virtuosos
03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
willia drops the item 1/3 times, keep camping her its like a 8minute spawn or something

atleast for now