PDA

View Full Version : The Death of Red 99's Circle Jerk- Classic Details Inside

Darksinga
06-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Rise of Zek- 6/29/18- 8 PM EST launch.
I am not a developer/owner of this project, just a supporter of LinuXY's work.

-Classic Code/Database consisting of 6+ months of development.
-Classic Resist System.
-Rallos Zek ruleset (+/- 4 levels)
-1 inventory item loot of your choosing + coin.
-Anti plug mechanics.
-Weekly level brackets to discourage neckbearding basement dwellers and to encourage irl money makers to succeed in Norrath.
-Functional PvP leaderboard, with in game seasons (top PvPers will be honored in game via statues.)
-Anti Immy System. Casting buffs/heals/songs on OOR individuals will temporarily flag you for no range PvP.
-GM commands linked to Discord live stream.
-2x Red99 XP rate.
-2 Boxing Limit (You can finally retire your VPN bros.)

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm

TLDR: Come be YT'd on 6/29/18- Rise of Zek.

Doctor Jeff
06-06-2018, 03:59 PM
brackets, 6 month seasons, soulbinders, not thx

Darksinga
06-06-2018, 04:03 PM

I think you misread a spot. It's been in development for 6 months. Here's a quote from his original post on eqemu forums.

"Classic era will last for around a year before Kunark is released."

As for soulbinders, if that is a deal breaker for ya, I don't know what to say :D

Ignight
06-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Might be time to dust off the old client to give this a go.

Best news I've heard all day.

Go cry on their forum how Tune ruined your life.

Platexchange
06-06-2018, 06:39 PM
I just feel like this server doesn't offer really anything new or exciting to make people leave red99. We all played classic, yikes playing it for a YEAR. We played kunark for like 3 years. We're now permalocked in velious.
Progression is NEEDED to keep people entertained. Throw up a PoP progression pvp server and it would grab far more people than another classic server replicating what we did for years already.

Darksinga
06-06-2018, 07:32 PM
I just feel like this server doesn't offer really anything new or exciting to make people leave red99. We all played classic, yikes playing it for a YEAR. We played kunark for like 3 years. We're now permalocked in velious.
Progression is NEEDED to keep people entertained. Throw up a PoP progression pvp server and it would grab far more people than another classic server replicating what we did for years already.

As much as I personally enjoyed Luclin/PoP I think the general population would disagree with you. A lot of people feel the kitties on the moon destroyed the game, for forever.

You also gotta take into consideration things like you would need to enable Luclin models if you want to use horses or to accurately see a lot of the game. 95% of people will refuse to put on new models, with good reason.

With that being said, if there was a general vote, after Velious progressed, I'm sure the developers would be willing to consider further development. Starting in Luclin/PoP wouldn't be ideal, though, as people would be incredibly spread thin over 4-5 expansions worth of content, causing a blue ghost town.

Love you Shody <3

Rhuobhe
06-06-2018, 08:51 PM
@riseofzek look for it

Uuruk
06-07-2018, 02:31 AM
Who is tune

Trollkarlen
06-07-2018, 04:03 AM
The toon Tune was banned a long time ago. Along with at least 8 other accounts belonging to the same person. That person is the guild leader of Apex. He claims to not be a cheater. Only the GMs belive him.

Ignight
06-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the stalker post tune alterego account. It must be rough having to defend yourself using one of your various alternate personalities.

p.s. no one in this thread metioned your name till you came in...reflect on that.

As I have been on voice chat with others on R99, have a youtube channel with P99 vids, you fail (again) to realize how dumb you sound.

I am not Tune.

Tassador
06-07-2018, 09:12 AM
As I have been on voice chat with others on R99, have a youtube channel with P99 vids, you fail (again) to realize how dumb you sound.

I am not Tune.

This guy is to much of a clueless loser to be tune. Don’t reply cause I don’t care what you think loser :)

highway
06-07-2018, 09:16 AM
*looks over to notice my right hand jerking off my neighbor*

what!?!!?@?

Rick Sanchez
06-07-2018, 09:27 AM
can you use fresh titanium client or ?

Barik
06-07-2018, 09:34 AM
this will kill red99.

Ignight
06-07-2018, 10:09 AM
This guy is to much of a clueless loser to be tune. Don’t reply cause I don’t care what you think loser :)

Okay lollipops. Lol. You and your boy toy Tune_ruslter need serious medication and long term therapy.

Ragnaros
06-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Love the transparency of the gm commands, the lead dev also seems to be pretty fucking good and fast. Some big names playing this box that haven’t been on red99 for years..can’t wait.

Tassador
06-07-2018, 11:07 AM
I knew the loser would respond. So money on that kid.

Ignight
06-07-2018, 12:34 PM
I knew the loser would respond. So money on that kid.

That's right, lollipop. That's how much your request meant to me. Zero. Like your sex life. Livin in momma's basement. Only creepin out long enough for her to change your diaper.

Tassador
06-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Loser :)

LinuXY
06-07-2018, 02:39 PM

No brackets, no seasons, but maybe 1+hr soulbinders.

Thx, send feedback w/ luv.

MerkelMacron
06-07-2018, 02:48 PM
As for soulbinders, if that is a deal breaker for ya, I don't know what to say :D

you said youd wait till 6.29.18 with the YTs lol

MerkelMacron
06-07-2018, 02:50 PM

thats exactly what a bluebie would say

who cares about pve progression dawg? we did Velly, PoP and all that jazz in 2001 already

PvP is there its at !

Darksinga
06-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Can't edit in RNF, unfortunately, but I think level brackets might/will be removed.

Without a central teleportation hub like Zek, I don't think it will work.

Join the Discord for more constructive feedback/discussion! It's currently the server against Kringe.

Rhuobhe
06-07-2018, 02:52 PM
The end is near for Red

MerkelMacron
06-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Can't edit in RNF, unfortunately, but I think level brackets might/will be removed.

Without a central teleportation hub like Zek, I don't think it will work.

Join the Discord for more constructive feedback/discussion! It's currently the server against Kringe.

Love it. The names in the discord are promising.

Will app ERG for sure :D

Qtip
06-07-2018, 03:43 PM
No YT and no soulbinders would make this server great. Been over 2 years since I played EQ, so I might have to give this server a try.

MerkelMacron
06-07-2018, 04:26 PM
I promise not to make hype threads xD

Jazzy
06-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Has zek become a ghost town already?

MagpieRockyl
06-08-2018, 01:52 AM
If you play on red99 you are mentally disturbed

Darksinga
06-08-2018, 04:28 AM
Part of LinuXY's main goal for this server is integrity and transparency. Hence the live stream of GM commands. We do not want a Zek seasons repeat of bone chip magicial quests, 1 million plat give aways, etc. No one has been willing to put in the legwork that has the skill set, until now.

Looking forward to launch, please help test/bug report; Discord is super active mid day PST if you want to ask questions or make fun of Kringe.

Sguchi
06-08-2018, 05:19 AM
circle jerks wild in the streets https://youtu.be/PHRIvssIfHo

if you were to play on red, now would be the time

Sguchi
06-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Is this guy another one of tune's alternate personalities trying to get people to play with him?

Wait.. are you really some guy that doesn't play and you are just crying on the forums all the time?

Sguchi
06-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Part of LinuXY's main goal for this server is integrity and transparency. Hence the live stream of GM commands. We do not want a Zek seasons repeat of bone chip magicial quests, 1 million plat give aways, etc. No one has been willing to put in the legwork that has the skill set, until now.

Looking forward to launch, please help test/bug report; Discord is super active mid day PST if you want to ask questions or make fun of Kringe.

Qtip
06-08-2018, 09:40 AM

I thought the server launched the 29th? Is it playable currently?

HippoNipple
06-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Wait.. are you really some guy that doesn't play and you are just crying on the forums all the time?

1 week on the forums and this guy went from positive to triggered and bitter. This server is working its magic.

LinuXY
06-08-2018, 10:01 AM
I thought the server launched the 29th? Is it playable currently?

6/29...

LinuXY
06-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Currently in beta, accessible via stock titanium via eqemu serverlist.

Jazzy
06-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Hold up

Are kringe crew having anything to do with this server?

LinuXY
06-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Hold up

Are kringe crew having anything to do with this server?

Other than playing. No.

Jazzy
06-09-2018, 02:03 AM
Are they “friendly” with any form of authority on the box? If so, hard pass

Darksinga
06-09-2018, 04:25 AM

Hey pal if you are concerned with corruption, GM commands are located in the Discord live stream.

Kringe and crew have no affiliation to LinuXY, and in fact, are fairly rude to him in Discord! You could call them naysayers of sorts, as they try to make the server more like Zek seasons.

LinuXY has shut them down on various occasions stating that this server aims for a classic experience, not a 3-4 man kill all raid encounters one.

I'd recommend checking out the Discord for yourself. Lots of old faces are popping in, making me think the launch will be quite large.

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 05:37 AM

I see your comments sporadically covering some threads

they are always negative, hateful or circlejerking.

please do a hard pass, ***** ! no one wants your negativity anyway

Sguchi
06-09-2018, 06:24 AM
1 week on the forums and this guy went from positive to triggered and bitter. This server is working its magic.

no, i'm just wondering because last we spoke you said you were scared to play on red now you're speaking of red as if you know something.

Flipmode
06-09-2018, 06:28 AM
Dead in 2 days with 4-8 players. Devs wasting time. Quote for mad.

Ignight
06-09-2018, 07:20 AM
What happened to Zek eqpvp? Did your excessive to the point you got banned for the spamming of these forums pleading for people to join you not work out?

We could have told you this. Oh wait we did. In. Every. Thread. You. Made.

:rolleyes:

Kinda like your Tune spam on these forums. :rolleyes:

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 12:16 PM
What happened to Zek eqpvp? Did your excessive to the point you got banned for the spamming of these forums pleading for people to join you not work out?

We could have told you this. Oh wait we did. In. Every. Thread. You. Made.

:rolleyes:

Zek's dead Baby, Zek's dead.

i was 6 weeks, with approx 10000 pvp kills

https://www.eqzek.com/top50.php

in short, you missed out
though u were not missed ;)

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 12:17 PM
it*

Tassador
06-09-2018, 01:09 PM
yeah zek so much fun. I paid $50 and got two maxed gear chars. Played 6hours and had 466 kills 11 deaths. Saw you paid nothing and played 233hours.

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 01:33 PM
yeah zek so much fun. I paid $50 and got two maxed gear chars. Played 6hours and had 466 kills 11 deaths. Saw you paid nothing and played 233hours.

i paid 50USD, had no GM interaction and enjoyed greatly. Thank you very much.

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 01:47 PM

CC:Tune_"Rustler"; Jazzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hTwsvJV_A

chadtwoke
06-09-2018, 02:58 PM
stern cringe

Jazzy
06-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Didnt click (never click any youtube links on these forums unless posted by smedy jesus)

Smilin’ REAL hard knowing zek died already

MerkelMacron
06-09-2018, 05:18 PM
To the 2 jokers who said they didnt click

rewatch it

LOL

Jazzy
06-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Feels good not clickin’

How is life in the islamic republic of europe?

highway
06-10-2018, 01:42 AM
you'll have to pry these dead hands off my brothers cocks you scum

Lum
06-15-2018, 03:27 PM
PST if you want to ask questions or make fun of Kringe.

Lol

AzzarTheGod
06-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Feels good not clickin’

How is life in the islamic republic of europe?

*daps Jazzy*

kotton05
06-15-2018, 05:07 PM
you are all insane!

MerkelMacron
06-16-2018, 03:13 PM
@Darksinga, you already playing rise of zek beta?

it sounds even more pve intensiv than season 5 tbh....

Ignight
06-17-2018, 12:35 PM
you are all insane!

Red is....

Ragnaros
06-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Up like trump

Tassador
06-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Now you done fucked up. Song played out. No type still bumpin.

Darksinga
06-18-2018, 02:00 PM
@Darksinga, you already playing rise of zek beta?

it sounds even more pve intensiv than season 5 tbh....

Hey man, my last two weeks of work have been hell. But yes, I've put in some time beta testing.

Server is aiming for that Red 99 feel, not Zek seasons, so yes, XP will be slow.

It's x2 of Red99 so it will definitely be slow, but not insomuch that XP will be impossible (2 boxing is allowed.)

I guarantee with the amount of neckbeards that EQ brings, people will be 50 within the first 24-30 hours. Most likely solo wiz/bard that downed 10 energy drinks, mountain dews, and hot pockets.

As level locks were taken out (pretty sure they were anyway,) due to it not making sense on a pure classic server, the rush to 50 will be real.

With that being said, hopefully the server will progress even past Velious if the popular vote is for it. Though I'm highly against starting on SoL, if it progressed to it from classic, or even to PoP (maybe removing all safe zones except Bazaar for trading or something,) I think it could be a successful long term project.

TLDR: x2 XP of Red99. No level locks. Mountain Dews and Hot Pockets.

MerkelMacron
06-18-2018, 05:16 PM
TLDR: x2 XP of Red99. No level locks. Mountain Dews and Hot Pockets.

alright. thanks for the answer.

If you assemble same good crew of pvpers as in Relentless I might come join on the classic-kunark- 1 week velly tour..

Kringe
06-22-2018, 01:37 PM
'm happy to announce Rise of Zek, a classic PVP progression experience*.

Rise of Zek has been under development for the past 6 months, and our goal is to bring the fans of classic Rallos Zek-style ruleset a place they can call Norrath. It's quickly become the best classic experience outside of that other classic experience. With even more attention to classic PVP mechanics.

Rise of Zek is a [95% classic] EQ PVP progression server. The other 5% is weighted towards slight balance changes in gear and resists. There will be GM-run BoTB events. Classic era will last for around 6 months before Kunark is released. Only select zones from Velious will ever be released in the timeline.

Fame, glory and pixels await.

RoZ has world-class coder(s) / operations and a fixed budget for servers, and bandwidth. RoZ is hosted on physical hardware in a datacenter. RoZ is free to play and GMs may never ask players for money or donations. Item creation logs and GM commands are public as anti-corruption measures. As well as a fully featured Character Browser which shows bank/bags/corpses so players may see everything transparently. RoZ is for fans by fans.

Features:
+- 4 level PVP spread
No XP loss on PVP death & spawn w/ 0 mana
1 item loot from inventory players choice (no no-drop / no bags themselves) & coin
[2] box limit.
Maps are disabled in certain classic zones.
Healing/buffing a higher level player will flag you for PVP for 5 minutes
Anti-plug mechanics
Tiered resist system

Changes:
Cazic Thule (zone) is 100% classic. Fear/hate are revamped.
Cazic Thule (god) and Innoruuk (god) are classic but drop 1 piece of revamp loot each.
Eye of Veeshan drops 1 piece of Kunark gear.
Certain 'hot' zones will be FFA. These will change over time.
Soulfire / Scythe is only usable by respective classes.
All instant gate effects have a cast time
Golem Metal Wands and various other instant clickies have a cast time
Roots in PVP have a higher chance of breaking

Rules:
Training is legal but do not petition me to retrieve your corpse.
Non-classic items gained from non-raid targets / quests / tradeskills (and in some cases raid targets) are subject to deletion.
No third party hacking programs, server-side AND client-side detection will be active and bans will be delayed in waves.
IRL threats will be met with bans. No accusations of cheating unless you have solid proof. Submit to petitions section of forum.

How to help:
Visit http://riseofzek.com and signup on the website. Participate in polls and post feedback.
Join Discord https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm
Report anything that's not classic in the forums.
Shoot promotional videos of PVP / PVE.
Play. Bring your friends.
Release date 6/29/2018. 8PM EST / 5PM PST

LulzSect©
06-22-2018, 01:39 PM
I’m happy to announce I didn’t read your post

Rhuobhe
06-22-2018, 01:45 PM
I'll try it. Red is dead

Kringe
06-22-2018, 01:47 PM
There is actually of ton of both current and old red99er's in discord awaiting to play on release. Join discord see who you know!

Tassador
06-22-2018, 01:55 PM
super smash bros. With the dragon! Cool.

HippoNipple
06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
I'm checking it out for sure. Getting my new Lian Li DK-05x up and running so I can 4box on this 2box server.

Efwan
06-22-2018, 02:03 PM
alright. thanks for the answer.

If you assemble same good crew of pvpers as in Relentless I might come join on the classic-kunark- 1 week velly tour..

We will be there.

El Prez
06-22-2018, 02:28 PM
I will be looking into this. Thanks for keeping the dream alive. Been wanting to play but can't entertain the idea of logging into d99.

Jazzy
06-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Who is we broseph?

gangsta
06-22-2018, 03:40 PM
https://discord.gg/JHNE8U heres the discord link inc post getting shut down quick, REDS DEAD JOIN THE REAL PVP SERVER ALL YOUR FAVORITE NIBBAS ARE HERE!

DinoTriz
06-22-2018, 03:41 PM
What happened to the "Rebirth"?

Imago
06-22-2018, 03:44 PM
Give me a run down of who my favorite “nibbas” are that are going to play this shitshow.

Go on, give it a shot.

gangsta
06-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Lulz, Lite, Smedy, Engelburt, Vanco, Willan, June, Shody, Colgate, Terp, Knife, and Scuttle to name a few notable nerds

gangsta
06-22-2018, 03:49 PM
The rebirth was a lie and red is dead Kajo is high

Sguchi
06-22-2018, 10:38 PM
death of red circle jerk is happening already though

El Prez
06-24-2018, 05:41 AM
We need folks to help with debugging In the next two weeks of beta. You can easily report bugs via discord channel or adding entries into a shared spreadsheet.

Feeling enthusiastic about some of the features this server will have.

Ragnaros
06-24-2018, 09:10 AM
'm happy to announce Rise of Zek, a classic PVP progression experience*.

Rise of Zek has been under development for the past 6 months, and our goal is to bring the fans of classic Rallos Zek-style ruleset a place they can call Norrath. It's quickly become the best classic experience outside of that other classic experience. With even more attention to classic PVP mechanics.

Rise of Zek is a [95% classic] EQ PVP progression server. The other 5% is weighted towards slight balance changes in gear and resists. There will be GM-run BoTB events. Classic era will last for around 6 months before Kunark is released. Only select zones from Velious will ever be released in the timeline.

Fame, glory and pixels await.

RoZ has world-class coder(s) / operations and a fixed budget for servers, and bandwidth. RoZ is hosted on physical hardware in a datacenter. RoZ is free to play and GMs may never ask players for money or donations. Item creation logs and GM commands are public as anti-corruption measures. As well as a fully featured Character Browser which shows bank/bags/corpses so players may see everything transparently. RoZ is for fans by fans.

Features:
+- 4 level PVP spread
No XP loss on PVP death & spawn w/ 0 mana
1 item loot from inventory players choice (no no-drop / no bags themselves) & coin
[2] box limit.
Maps are disabled in certain classic zones.
Healing/buffing a higher level player will flag you for PVP for 5 minutes
Anti-plug mechanics
Tiered resist system

Changes:
Cazic Thule (zone) is 100% classic. Fear/hate are revamped.
Cazic Thule (god) and Innoruuk (god) are classic but drop 1 piece of revamp loot each.
Eye of Veeshan drops 1 piece of Kunark gear.
Certain 'hot' zones will be FFA. These will change over time.
Soulfire / Scythe is only usable by respective classes.
All instant gate effects have a cast time
Golem Metal Wands and various other instant clickies have a cast time
Roots in PVP have a higher chance of breaking

Rules:
Training is legal but do not petition me to retrieve your corpse.
Non-classic items gained from non-raid targets / quests / tradeskills (and in some cases raid targets) are subject to deletion.
No third party hacking programs, server-side AND client-side detection will be active and bans will be delayed in waves.
IRL threats will be met with bans. No accusations of cheating unless you have solid proof. Submit to petitions section of forum.

How to help:
Visit http://riseofzek.com and signup on the website. Participate in polls and post feedback.
Join Discord https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm
Report anything that's not classic in the forums.
Shoot promotional videos of PVP / PVE.
Play. Bring your friends.
Release date 6/29/2018. 8PM EST / 5PM PST

Elspeth
06-24-2018, 09:32 AM
im pilot, im fly.

One Tin Soldier
06-24-2018, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry I have to be negative but I don't see anything about this server that will make it do any better than the current P99 red server. What is different about this server that will prevent it from dying like red 99?

The only major difference I see is that it allows boxing and item loot which, if anything, will make it even less popular.

Baler
06-24-2018, 11:11 AM
multiboxing on a pvp server, Kringing hard.

Enjoy getting ganked with synchronized spell casts.

mickmoranis
06-24-2018, 12:22 PM
everytime I see one of these classic servers I wonder, do they have all the classic environment art and spell effects and sounds?

Nagoya
06-24-2018, 04:34 PM
[2] box limit.

#sadtrombone

Baler
06-24-2018, 06:27 PM
Belongs in off topic, Duplicate post [link] (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301018)

No thanks OP, p99 the best.
go spam this somewhere else.

MerkelMacron
06-24-2018, 06:34 PM
freedom of information Act of p99

why u hatin on a post like that lol

MerkelMacron
06-24-2018, 06:35 PM
I will be looking into this. Thanks for keeping the dream alive. Been wanting to play but can't entertain the idea of logging into d99.

HuzzA

MerkelMacron
06-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Lulz, Lite, Smedy, Engelburt, Vanco, Willan, June, Shody, Colgate, Terp, Knife, big Perseus and Scuttle to name a few notable nerds

praise it, pvp heavyweights play on RoZ, real life heavyweights stay on dead99

Phenyo
06-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Secret vendors for inner circle

yikes pass

MerkelMacron
06-24-2018, 08:01 PM
that boy Phenyo gay as a hill giant

Swish2
06-24-2018, 08:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HHH37U4.gif

* The glitching is representative of hackers/3rd party program users.

Have fun.

HippoNipple
06-25-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry I have to be negative but I don't see anything about this server that will make it do any better than the current P99 red server. What is different about this server that will prevent it from dying like red 99?

The only major difference I see is that it allows boxing and item loot which, if anything, will make it even less popular.

Nothing will stop it from becoming what Red99 is. It will be a blast at launch and slowly get worse and worse over the next several years until it becomes Red99. Everyone knows this going in. Not everyone is trying to build up pixel retirement plans on Red99.

One Tin Soldier
06-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Nothing will stop it from becoming what Red99 is. It will be a blast at launch and slowly get worse and worse over the next several years until it becomes Red99. Everyone knows this going in. Not everyone is trying to build up pixel retirement plans on Red99.

Fair enough, and I would have possibly played it for a while myself if it wasn't for the boxing. I'm too lazy to mess with that.

But just out of curiosity, if everyone knows it will only be fun for a while and then it will turn to crap, I wonder why they don't just plan for regular wipes and restarts. Or alternatively, try to find some why to prevent it from turning to crap without wiping it.

coolget
06-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Lulz, Lite, Smedy, Engelburt, Vanco, Willan, June, Shody, Colgate, Terp, Knife, and Scuttle to name a few notable nerds

false

HippoNipple
06-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Fair enough, and I would have possibly played it for a while myself if it wasn't for the boxing. I'm too lazy to mess with that.

But just out of curiosity, if everyone knows it will only be fun for a while and then it will turn to crap, I wonder why they don't just plan for regular wipes and restarts. Or alternatively, try to find some why to prevent it from turning to crap without wiping it.

Those are questions for Red99, most people that were interested in an EQ PvP server moved on a long time ago. The devs have no communication or interest in Red99 is probably the answer.

Darksinga
06-27-2018, 03:29 AM
1. Fresh start like Hippo said.

2. Future progression is on the table if popular vote is for it. (Past Velious.)

Rygarr88
06-27-2018, 03:39 PM
https://imgur.com/kxTiIkY

SamwiseRed
06-27-2018, 07:26 PM
I was initially going to try this server. Then I realized there's no anti cheat code in place. Going to be a mq2 fest.

mq2 + legal boxing

wut could go wrong?

Darksinga
06-28-2018, 02:41 PM
I was initially going to try this server. Then I realized there's no anti cheat code in place. Going to be a mq2 fest.

Server side detection is already live. Client side is a WIP with rumor having it Secrets' assisting.

Besides that, load up fraps, petition and some one will surely get banned.

Sguchi
06-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Rebirth still in full swing, lot of new blood on the server.
All of us that didn't quit or get banned will end up back here just like the many times before.
Prove me wrong and i'll be happy about it.

Plus, it's fun to watch "undefeatable" zerg #2378127 crumble and even more fun immersing with new players and watch them learn to pvp.

Mblake1981
06-28-2018, 02:51 PM
*pillow fight*

/tell soaddso YoU GoT PwNd SoN!

AzzarTheGod
06-28-2018, 04:47 PM
false

gross inaccuracies are no surprise being that hes not "nibbas" with any of those people

Darksinga
06-29-2018, 04:52 PM
2.5 hours until launch. See you nerds soon.

Darksinga
06-29-2018, 05:09 PM
2.5 hours until release.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2018, 05:49 PM
legal boxing and mq2

sounds fun

drugs?

Christina.
06-30-2018, 03:59 AM
Well I'll give it a try, Im tired of playing Diablo lol..

Just made a character, i need a guild. holler at me

Irulan
06-30-2018, 11:26 PM
Modded skyrim is the best PvP game out there.

Swish2
06-30-2018, 11:35 PM
How many hackers can YOU spot?

Zedds
07-02-2018, 10:36 AM
new server is lit! dont miss out

kotton05
07-02-2018, 10:57 AM
How many hackers can YOU spot?

i spot you!

deadlycupcakez
07-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Any update on launch weekend?

AzzarTheGod
07-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Launch update

https://i.imgur.com/r8kNHuX.jpg

Guido
07-06-2018, 10:29 AM
brand new PVP server -- calling all vets -- JERSEY CREW / KRINGE CREW already out there.

1 item loot inventory only
YT
global ooc
global item discovery
classic to start

lets PVP like the old days

see yall in game

yours truly
the king

Tassador
07-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Wait there is a new server hadn’t heard. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. As you may or may not have heard red is going through a birthing period. Pop has sky rocketed and is about to get to 200. Please do not deter people from playing red. I beg of thee. We are working on hard for the pop.

deadlycupcakez
07-06-2018, 10:37 AM
logged in, got to lvl 4, already had 5 pvp encounters on the way - been super fun so far.

Guido
07-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Best thing p99 can do to revive this server is to reset it

when they do that, the players would come

Tassador
07-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Best thing p99 can do to revive this server is to reset it

when they do that, the players would come

Yo stop for real I have like 20k hours on this server man.

Guido
07-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Yo stop for real I have like 20k hours on this server man.

thats it?

try years pal

Tassador
07-06-2018, 10:50 AM
2 manastone s and 4 fungus tunics plus 160k plats. Countless alts don’t take out players please.....

Ignight
07-11-2018, 05:38 AM
People who complain about the boxing on R99, then move to a server where it's approved to box and do so.

Rise of Zek.

Tassador
07-11-2018, 07:33 AM
death of red circle jerk is happening already though

Red circle confirmed still jerking. Rebirth struggling brogan. Pick it up

HippoNipple
07-11-2018, 09:25 AM
People who complain about the boxing on R99, then move to a server where it's approved to box and do so.

Rise of Zek.

Good advice, this server sucks.

Eslade
07-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Rise of Zek.

Well, here it's against the rules so it's cheating. Over there it's allowed so nobody complains about it.

Like using mq on an mq server.

AzzarTheGod
07-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Like using mq on an mq server.

like playing on rise of zek

Baugi
07-12-2018, 03:59 AM

They just banned a bunch of people for mq though? Seems like Catalyst is pot committed because they have more influence over the GMs there tbh. I'm sure it will end well.

AzzarTheGod
07-12-2018, 04:12 AM
They just banned a bunch of people for mq though? Seems like Catalyst is pot committed because they have more influence over the GMs there tbh. I'm sure it will end well.

It will end up like Zek where buddies don't get banned for hacking.

Every server ends up the same. Rise of Zek is no different.

A few fat losers saying its a good server aren't going to change that. You build your reputation, you don't get handed a reputation. Does that make sense?

HippoNipple
07-12-2018, 09:42 AM
They banned people for cheating so the server is corrupt? They ban people every couple years on Red too when some new GM decides they are going to care about Red. You think no one is cheating the other 90% of the time when Red has 0 GMs on?

People are going to try to cheat, active GMs are the only thing that will stop that.

kotton05
07-12-2018, 12:57 PM
everyone is mad and baugi is retarded

Sirlious Mudhbuth
07-12-2018, 02:06 PM
people here forgetting the history of red99 gm’s?

kotton05
07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Those rose colored glasses are turning brown now

Qtip
07-12-2018, 03:18 PM
people here forgetting the history of red99 gm’s?

I played for 2 years on red and seen a gm maybe 2 times, both being Moregan.

Baugi
07-12-2018, 03:26 PM
everyone is mad and baugi is retarded

Keep bragging about how the GMs there are "fixing" everything you ask them to on the spot without any research :p. What a silly goose.

HippoNipple
07-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Keep bragging about how the GMs there are "fixing" everything you ask them to on the spot without any research :p. What a silly goose.

They only fix bugs and glitches on the spot, not balancing tweaks.

Duck casting 2020 on red99, lets make it happen... maybe once the next GM comes along.

LinuXY
07-12-2018, 11:27 PM

Hi. You're clearly ignorant to the fact that our MQ and hack detection abilities far exceeds P99 and that no one curries favor with me. Hacking = permaban and our goal is 100% GM transparency. Here's me praying you don't get banned and stripped. (peace)

Jazzy
07-13-2018, 01:22 AM
Yeahhhh

If kringe crew are playing imma take that with a pinch of salt

Lols

Baugi
07-13-2018, 02:44 AM
Hi. You're clearly ignorant to the fact that our MQ and hack detection abilities far exceeds P99 and that no one curries favor with me. Hacking = permaban and our goal is 100% GM transparency. Here's me praying you don't get banned and stripped. (peace)

Tell us what your detection strategies are if you want anyone to believe you. Surely the obscurity shouldn't matter.

LinuXY
07-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Tell us what your detection strategies are if you want anyone to believe you. Surely the obscurity shouldn't matter.

Sure. I'll start with the person who wrote the P99 detection wrote a good bit of ours and I added quite a bit of sophistication to it. Now quit trolling me and either play or don't I give two fucks. And no we don't accept donations so there's no element of paying to get me or any staff to do anything for you either.

Baugi
07-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Sure. I'll start with the person who wrote the P99 detection wrote a good bit of ours and I added quite a bit of sophistication to it. Now quit trolling me and either play or don't I give two fucks. And no we don't accept donations so there's no element of paying to get me or any staff to do anything for you either.

I asked you about your threat model and your only response was that you took existing code and added "sophistication"? You realize that makes you look like a complete hack right? I wanted to type something witty and mean and security related, but I just feel bad now.

LinuXY
07-13-2018, 10:01 AM
I asked you about your threat model and your only response was that you took existing code and added "sophistication"? You realize that makes you look like a complete hack right? I wanted to type something witty and mean and security related, but I just feel bad now.

Like I'm going to tell you how we detect cheaters. Keep dreaming kid.

HippoNipple
07-13-2018, 10:25 AM

If you want proof of people getting banned it is listed on the discord. There is proof people were caught and the system works. The last thing you should be criticizing is a server for their "threat model" when you are playing on a server with a history of cheating and 0 attention from devs for spans of over a year.

Baugi
07-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Like I'm going to tell you how we detect cheaters. Keep dreaming kid.

You already said it's based on P99 system? P99's threat model is (more or less) public knowledge. For example:

The DLL and Anti-Cheat system will ONLY forward information about a program, it's name, and path, when AND ONLY WHEN it has identified it to be a program that interacts with the Everquest client.

Moreover, it's client side. If anyone was actually determined to cheat on your server, they'd just reverse engineer your detection software. Nothing makes me run the fuck away from a project faster than a dev afraid to give away high levels details about his security. Yikes.

LinuXY
07-13-2018, 10:55 AM
I played on red99 and I got tired of the hackers. People warp hacked, offset hacked and etc. daily. Not a thing ever happened to them. I don't think RoZ is for you. We have a minimal amount of bergers and exploiters at the moment.

Baugi
07-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Did you really just berg out and call me a hacker for asking basic security questions?

Sirlious Mudhbuth
07-13-2018, 11:14 AM
i think you fall on the berger side of things

Baugi
07-13-2018, 12:20 PM
i think you fall on the berger side of things

If you say so. Guy is so angry and cryptic it's hard to tell what the insult is supposed to be.

kotton05
07-13-2018, 12:21 PM
If you say so. Guy is so angry and cryptic it's hard to tell what the insult is supposed to be.

all you do is talk bullshit and hate on everything. is that cryptic enough for ya?

HippoNipple
07-13-2018, 12:36 PM

You just said:

1) You want to know how it works
2) Once you heard it was based on P99 prevention methods you said how easy it would be for you to cheat (but you still like playing on p99 for some reason)
3) You don't want to play on a server that doesn't explain how they would catch people for cheating.

They are very open about who gets banned, changes that are made, items discovered, character information, all in the name of transparency. If you don't understand why developers don't want everyone to understand the details of their security then your game selection will be very limited.

You look dumb to everyone that reads your opinion on this.

Baugi
07-13-2018, 01:37 PM
2) Once you heard it was based on P99 prevention methods you said how easy it would be for you to cheat (but you still like playing on p99 for some reason)

You missed the point entirely. The information he's trying to hide (their detection strategy) is readily available for an attacker. That doesn't mean actually cheating without getting caught is easy.

If you don't understand why developers don't want everyone to understand the details of their security then your game selection will be very limited.

P99 offers an appropriate level of insight into their security in my opinion. I'm wholly unconvinced that AngryDev meets the same standards, let alone "far exceeds" P99.

You look dumb to everyone that reads your opinion on this.

All I see are people desperately defending a startup server despite lack of due diligence. I'm sure it has nothing to do with them getting rejected on Red for being cheats, bergs, sore losers, ect.

HippoNipple
07-13-2018, 04:43 PM
You missed the point entirely. The information he's trying to hide (their detection strategy) is readily available for an attacker. That doesn't mean actually cheating without getting caught is easy.

P99 offers an appropriate level of insight into their security in my opinion. I'm wholly unconvinced that AngryDev meets the same standards, let alone "far exceeds" P99.

All I see are people desperately defending a startup server despite lack of due diligence. I'm sure it has nothing to do with them getting rejected on Red for being cheats, bergs, sore losers, ect.

Neither of the devs got banned on Red99 for cheating. Tune has probably been banned more than anyone on Red99 and he is still playing. No dev is going to care about your thin line on what is too much or not enough information on what their hack detection is. The fact is, people were caught and banned already within the last week. How long has it been since any attention was given to Red99?

I understand reasons to not play RoZ if you are in an established guild on Red99 and want to keep raiding. Being worried about hacking is not a valid reason though, Red99 has no oversight, you can do whatever you want.

Darksinga
07-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Server thriving boys. Come make fun of Kringe and Pals with us as they boast about killing Master Yael, the boss that no one gives 2 fks about.

Baugi
07-14-2018, 05:21 AM
How long has it been since any attention was given to Red99?

Beestow ate the last MQ bans that I know of. He's over on RoZ with you now, lol.

It's cute that a random list of people banned based on unspecified criteria is enough to sell you though.

Niedar
07-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Red is dead. Back to Zek.

HippoNipple
07-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Beestow ate the last MQ bans that I know of. He's over on RoZ with you now, lol.

It's cute that a random list of people banned based on unspecified criteria is enough to sell you though.

I'm not worried about hacking. I don't really care. I just pointed out how dumb you are for complaining that a Dev won't explain his cheat detection to the degree that you see fit.

Baugi
07-15-2018, 03:10 AM
I'm not worried about hacking. I don't really care. I just pointed out how dumb you are for complaining that a Dev won't explain his cheat detection to the degree that you see fit.

You mean... at all? I'm not sure how to explain better that the level of detail I'm asking for is both industry standard and no risk to his detection system. Refusal to give that information out is a telltale sign that the system is shit (which makes sense given the number of historic cheaters currently playing on the server).

For someone who doesn't know or care about security, you seem really determined to defend AngryDev's security lol. Maybe you just like bantering? I don't mind if that's the case.

Swish2
07-15-2018, 07:09 AM
industry standard

Got a good ole lol out of that, thanks :D

Baugi
07-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Got a good ole lol out of that, thanks :D

Care to make a more substantive potshot or are you just bullshitting? I'm happy to provide examples and reasons.

Ivah
07-15-2018, 08:10 AM
I took one nice hard turd today

Swish2
07-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Care to make a more substantive potshot or are you just bullshitting? I'm happy to provide examples and reasons.

There's an industry standard in EQ emulator anti-cheat detection...that's real good :D

https://i.imgur.com/0Zc7f4d.gif

LulzSect©
07-15-2018, 10:33 AM
how's that 25 pop on red doing today?

Swish2
07-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Better than this creation in the long term.

LulzSect©
07-15-2018, 10:46 AM
explain to me how a 25 pop pvp server is more fun than this 170 pop pvp server

Baugi
07-15-2018, 11:10 AM
There's an industry standard in EQ emulator anti-cheat detection...that's real good :D

Last I checked, EQ is just another mmo. P99's cheat detection and disclosure are certainly standard for the mmo industry (though EQ's attack surface is a lot bigger than modern mmos because it was built with terrible client/server practices).

HippoNipple
07-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Last I checked, EQ is just another mmo. P99's cheat detection and disclosure are certainly standard for the mmo industry (though EQ's attack surface is a lot bigger than modern mmos because it was built with terrible client/server practices).

P99 security is awful apparently. You said if it was based on p99 cheat detection you knew exactly how to get around it. I'm glad the server we play on has a more sophisticated cheat detection in place.

Baugi
07-15-2018, 02:16 PM
You said if it was based on p99 cheat detection you knew exactly how to get around it.

Not at all what I said. I even clarified for you.

Sophisticated™

Rhuobhe
07-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Sorry If you're still clinging on to dead99 you're dumb and stupid. If you paid indulgence you lost your money

HippoNipple
07-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Not at all what I said. I even clarified for you.

Sophisticated™

Your entire point is based on thinking a dev is mad and corresponding that with cheat detection on an emulator server. If you had any sort of social IQ you would realize he was calm the entire time and just laughing at you.

Baugi
07-16-2018, 03:32 AM
Your entire point is based on thinking a dev is mad and corresponding that with cheat detection on an emulator server. If you had any sort of social IQ you would realize he was calm the entire time and just laughing at you.

Completely beside the point, but if you say so. Sounds like a berg to me.

HippoNipple
07-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Completely beside the point, but if you say so. Sounds like a berg to me.

Completely beside the point but the only point you have tried to make besides the level of details he will share with you.

Baugi
07-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Completely beside the point but the only point you have tried to make besides the level of details he will share with you.

Nah, I've been pretty consistent.

Tell us what your detection strategies are if you want anyone to believe you.

There's no reason to believe his "sophisticated" security claim and his responses have cast doubt on his knowledge of basic security practices. Is there anything else you actually wanted to discuss or should I just let you get the last word in?

HippoNipple
07-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Thanks for confirming

1) You think he is mad
2) You want him to describe his detection strategies

I will help you, the answer is you are retarded and don't worry about.

LulzSect©
07-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Sorry If you're still clinging on to dead99 you're dumb and stupid. If you paid indulgence you lost your money

Baugi
07-16-2018, 04:07 PM
I'm not worried about hacking. I don't really care.

It shows.

Secrets
07-16-2018, 05:00 PM
To be honest, the cheat detection isn't sophisticated at all right now - at least by my own standards, but has no chance for false positives.

You have to remember that a majority of EQ players use programs (SEQ, MQ2, etc) that are precompiled. Some have been using these programs for years. I don't mean to be insulting, but a majority of potential EQ players cannot log into the game let alone figure out how to hack.

People who have been banned are staying banned.

LulzSect©
07-17-2018, 06:45 PM
tomato cuck come roll with me today I’m officially starting to play

LulzSect©
07-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Seek help if you post on an forum for a game you don't play in 2018