PDA

View Full Version : A frightening realization

Raavak
06-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Driving along the Interstate system a few weeks ago, dodging bad drivers. Came to realize that U-Haul and mobile home dealers hand the keys to these large vehicles to anyone with an automobile license and a credit card. No training required.

loramin
06-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Give it 20 years and you won't need training, because Google Alphabet will be driving for you.

Raavak
06-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Give it 20 years and you won't need training, because Google Alphabet will be driving for you.I'm looking forward to this. I know its been a rough start, but it will get there. 20 years is a lot of time when it comes to technology.

chadtwoke
06-04-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm looking forward to this. I know its been a rough start, but it will get there. 20 years is a lot of time when it comes to technology.

Looking forward to fapping to My Little Pony on your way to your shift at Taco Bell?

Tupakk
06-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Driving along the Interstate system a few weeks ago, dodging bad drivers. Came to realize that U-Haul and mobile home dealers hand the keys to these large vehicles to anyone with an automobile license and a credit card. No training required.

That is how they make money. 1 person crashes and the company makes hand over fist. Imagine how many crashes a day, week, year @ a couple thou a pop. Plus you are paying through the nose as a customer to use the damn thing. Its a pretty good racket.

SAY_That_TO_MY_Face
06-04-2018, 05:09 PM
need a CDL to move a mobile home.... you talking about a camper?

mickmoranis
06-04-2018, 06:52 PM

I had a rental truck literally run me off the road once on a free way. I thought it was bullshit that they give these things to anyone too.

I cant wait to get one and fill it up with trashcans full of nitroglycerin and remind this country how dangerous cars can be.

Jimjam
06-04-2018, 06:56 PM
I had a rental truck literally run me off the road once on a free way. I thought it was bullshit that they give these things to anyone too.

I cant wait to get one and fill it up with trashcans full of nitroglycerin and remind this country how dangerous cars can be.

The National Automobile Association is too powerful a lobby to be stopped.

Danth
06-04-2018, 07:49 PM

Of course they had training...it's called driver's ed, plus years experience on the road. Those aren't particularly large vehicles. They're just trucks. The Ford F-600 flatbed I run here and there on occasion doesn't require a CDL either. Large trucks (25,000 pounds plus or therabout IIRC) or specialty vehicles like busses require a CDL.

That is as it should be in a free nation. Don't be too eager to over-regulate everything. In most cases such regulation is mere fools' gold anyhow, especially with respect to roads where most crashes are caused by other factors (driver distraction, adverse conditions, etc). Or look at the bright side, at least they get (some) training now. My old man didn't have to do anything more than start his car and drive it around the block. *His* dad merely had to fill out a form.

I'll trust a newbie in a U-Haul sooner than I'll trust some regular person in a regular car who's gabbing on the telephone. I don't trust either, though....best thing you can do on the road is maintain situation awareness and keep an eye on the traffic around you.

Danth

Patriam1066
06-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Are y'all mad about everything?

I normally troll but I'm serious this time. Accept Christ's love into your black hearts

Wonkie
06-04-2018, 08:41 PM

don't, and don't post like this you asshole.

Wfrench1234
06-04-2018, 09:21 PM

See something, say something

mickmoranis
06-05-2018, 01:32 AM
help Roseanne!

they shouted

rollin5k
06-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Bootlicking cuck post of the fucking century, too bad you didn't get ran the fuck over OP

Patriam1066
06-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Bootlicking cuck post of the fucking century, too bad you didn't get ran the fuck over OP

I lol'ed

mickmoranis
06-06-2018, 01:48 PM
"I'm a liberal and want big government because we're good and moral and want to help people, YOU BOOT LICKING CUCK I WISH YOU WERE DEAD!" -Every liberal everywhere.

rollin5k
06-06-2018, 07:59 PM
I'm not a liberal and I don't understand your comment mcmoron. It drives me crazy when wimps and scaredies call for the government to take rights away from others out of their own fear. I drive on the busiest free ways every single day I mix it up with everyone. You can't cage everyone up it's not going to end well if you try. Look at the UK trying to take away steak knives from normal people after the liberals have brought their society to it's knees with terrorism. Disgusting, stop being a wimp.

Wonkie
06-06-2018, 08:08 PM
there's no point in having laws to prevent this, bad drivers would just do it anyway.

:rolleyes:

Vormotus
06-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Are y'all mad about everything?

I normally troll but I'm serious this time. Accept Christ's love into your black hearts

I am usually mad at people being so blatantly in denial that they blame others for their own faults or people that for some reason can never get over things that are no more.

Yeah, that might be some of my gripes with people, but not really mad at much else besides basic universal truths, like tyrannies, corrupt governments, people s lack of empathy for others in need and people wallowing in self-pity.

Kinda goes with the territory in my line of work.

I miss working in a Psychiatric Ward, people excuses there were mostly organic in nature (hence not really their fault) and was able to witness cases of demonic possession (the church has a strict step by step guide, which includes psychiatric counseling) and rubbed shoulders with some very interesting characters, both IN and OUT of the complex.

The best ones were the organic paranoids ... the tales were awesome and much better than a lot of novels I have read recently.

Small pic of the best years of my life now gone

https://i.imgur.com/9WU4Fa2.png

But back on topic, no, not all of us are mad about everything.

I think ... some of us are sometimes a bit mad about the gaping void of understanding.

Some face it, others try to drown it in drugs, others avoid it and some simply ignore it, but it is always like this small bee, constantly droning in the background, gnawing slowly at our sanity.

I for one, just try to drown it in information ... The internet is not only weird places and aggregated news sites, it harbors amazing troves of that , sheer information. :)