PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: An Evil Eye Prisoner (Wrong Spawn Timer)

Rygar
05-17-2018, 08:23 AM
Was killing these over the last few days and they are on a 22 minute timer, but according to research they should be on a much longer timer than the rest of the zone (speaking to the revamp of Runnyeye).

I don't know the exact timer, but I saw the TakP wiki has it to 55mins, so perhaps they may have additional sources. I've seen them say as low as 45, as high as 55 minutes.

Evidence:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6556&p=2#comments
Apr 22 2002
This camp can be one long camp, so bring some very good friends. There are two EEs that spawn every 50 minutes while the goblins in the room spawn every 19.

It took 9 cycles (18 EEs) to get the complete set of three runes necessary for the Crafted Pauldron quest, or just over 6 1/2 hours. The EEs also dropped 2 bundles of optic nerves necessary for the Crafted Bracers, so you can kill two birds with one camp.
Apr 10 2002
Spawn time :45 min
Oct 12 2001
My guild hunted these for the Warrior Runes recently. They spawned between 45 and 50 minutes apart each time. Out of 6 kills they dropped the top rune 3 times.
Sep 15 2001
Spawn time
Is 55 minutes.
Sep 14 2001
My Warrior Seebrah killed two spawns - with help and got all 3 runes - just getting ready to turn em in
Sep 11 2001
As an idea on drop rates I killed 12 eyes in all and got 2 Bottom Runes, a Middle rune and an Upper rune for the set.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=27&p=2#comments
Sep 15 2001
Is about 55 minutes.

I included some drop info in the links, took me about 16 kills to get all 3 runes gathered, which seems accurate to some of longer camps reported. One post mentioned double runes dropping (2 kills to get all 3), but I never saw that, not sure if possible.

The only thing I tended to notice was the Bunch of Optic Nerves was near 100% drop rate, which seemed high according to the first post (who got 2 Nerves in 18 kills). Only a single claim there so not sure if it warrants more evidence, but they definitely seemed extremely common drops.

Let me know if further info is needed on the spawn timer. I know the Rivervale Vanguard would appreciate the longer spawn cycle so their younglings may slaughter the softer goblin flesh without being hindered by these dangerous beholders!

Telin
05-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Also decreased Bunch of Optic Nerves drop rate.

Rygar
05-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Thank you Telin! By chance did you see my recent post in your particle effects thread? Curious to hear your feedback.