PDA

View Full Version : Fippy darkpaw

Thatguy05
03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Was curious of others opinions on this server, seems like the community on p99 are a little more bearable as far as policing and people respecting one anothers camp, then again im only level 25ish on live.. Wondering how many people got above 40ish and decided that it wasnt what project 99 had to offer, with kunark and all right around the corner.. Im having second thoughts =p

Seaweedpimp
03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Well man if you played eq anywhere from 99 - 2004 you will like this much better.

If you picked up eq after 2007 etc you might like it there more.

This community rocks, i never saw anything like it past 05.

dscar23
03-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Coming from someone who wanted to love Fippy, I gotta say it's not as good as P99. Spell efficiency is way too much. I shouldn't always have a yellow pet (enchanters get lvl 4 pet at lvl 2, don't know about other classes) and being a somewhat useful backup healer as a pally (atleast lower levels, dunno if this was how it was in classic).

They just added newbie armor which pretty much makes everything up until some armor of Ro gear and planar shit irrelevant. I also find it to be pretty overcamped, exp is capped at 2% regardless of mob con so grouping is the only way to go(1-3 was harder than 9-12 imo).

Give it a try if you want, giant community of course but way to overpopulated, should die down though It seems people are getting pissed about the newb armors and servers been out a couple weeks. I encourage playing here and donating though.

Zereh
03-16-2011, 02:28 AM
(1-3 was harder than 9-12 imo)

1-10 was harder than 11-50, by a long shot. :D One of the biggest problems is that there are way, way too many people. 60+ in LGuk is common (or at least it was, but I can't imagine it changing that much in the couple weeks since I've really played there). It's a weird dichotomy of old zones, many of them revamped, and old content right along side of the majority of the benefits of EQ as it exists now on Live. It feels like a rushed and unfinished product.

Mana regen is much faster, but I can't really complain about that because it's not fast enough to be over powered but there sure is a noticeable difference. I have tons more HP on Fippy as a human cleric where I wear total crap for armor (as in cloth and bronze and a blackened iron piece or two) than I do here where I'm decked out in pretty much the best of the best.

I would have to say the community on P99 is much better. It's not perfect here by any means, but also not as quick to rage or get downright nasty as they are on Fippy. But then again it's been ages since I've been out there leveling up on P99... ;)