PDA

View Full Version : Classic Shaman guide?

shuklak
03-15-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm new to playing a Shaman and was wondering if there are any classic-era shaman guides. I'm really interested in everything including things like leveling guides, ideal shaman solo spots, unconventional spell uses, unique armor, etc etc.

Thank you.

mgellan
03-15-2011, 12:57 AM
My hunting guide (see my sig) is pretty Shaman focused since thats what I play as a main most of the time. You should also try using the Wayback machine at www.archive.org for early versions of sites like eqshaman.com (one of my favs) or allakhazam.com.

Regards,
Mg

machin576
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
That archive.org link doesn't work. I would love to check out eqshaman again, I used it all the time back in the day.

Extunarian
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM
That archive.org link doesn't work.

Yes, it really does :) You need to actually enter the site you're looking for in the search box.

Here is a July, 2000 version of eqshaman via the wayback machine (archive.org)
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20000707003257/http://www.eqshaman.com/

Chrushev
03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Awesome hunting guide Mgellan, anything of the like for Druids?

Id be curious about quests for different levels that I should do as a druid etc.

Grizlor
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
What race are you?

Stack AC/HP, not wisdom. Survivability > Mana pool when you're leveling, especially now that they fixed sicken/affliction damage to classic values. You're going to be doing a mix of tanking and root/dotting.

Your sig says you're 22. If you're evil, kill assling guards in nektulos. If you're good, probably spiders and other crap in East Karana.

Once you hit 24, if you're a barb and can vend there, grind mammoths for cash until 30ish. If you're an ogre/troll, kill dwarves on sister island in OOT, which will be amazing experience until you hit 31.

Once you're 30-31, try to get groups. 30-33 as a shaman are pretty awful. Sol A, Mistmoore, or Cazic are your best bets. Failing that, giant skeletons near the lake zoneline in Rathe Mountains should still be dark blue, or you can kill gnolls in SK.

At 34, if you're an ogre/troll, kill the guards in NK. These will last you until 40. They will be a bit tough as you start out (make sure you get a pet that hits for 30 damage, haste it and give it weapons) since they might resist some, but they respawn quickly. If you can't keep the 3 at the bridge down before respawns, try the tower near gypsies instead. Bonus, you can sell the shields + fine steel at the gypsies.

As a barb, I'm not sure what you'd do from 34-40. Spectres are too tough since the patch changed frenzy and affliction damage requiring you to use scourge which is pretty expensive. Hill Giants are usually too camped. Maybe there are some ogre or troll guards you can kill? I'm not sure. Ogre guards are usually camped.

I'm 39 right now, still killing NK guards. I'm probably going to get some dungeoning in once I hit 40. Ice Giants are probably doable at 44, though I heard Togor's is bugged, so it might be a different story right now. A mix of you tanking/pet tanking/kiting unsnared with a SoWed pet should make them doable, pending resists.

Extunarian
03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
As a barb, I'm not sure what you'd do from 34-40.

The gnolls outside splitpaw and inside the entrance were great to solo once I got my pet. Around 37 I went to Rathe Mtns to kill Cynthia and anything blue that walked by. Quick and safe.

Ice Giants are probably doable at 44, though I heard Togor's is bugged, so it might be a different story right now. A mix of you tanking/pet tanking/kiting unsnared with a SoWed pet should make them doable, pending resists.

I got a lot of resists at 48 back in December. It wasn't until I got the 49 pet and Envenomed Bolt that they started going down easier. With the current state of resists I wouldn't want to take one on under 49 (unless you want to kite for a long time...)

Grizlor
03-15-2011, 02:36 PM
I remember doing IGs in my mid to high 40s on live, and my gear was pretty awful (I still had some banded). Took a mix of tanking, kiting, and pet tanking. I think I only killed one per respawn cycle though.

Prince
03-16-2011, 02:28 AM
dont need dum guide for most op class tbh

Grizlor
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
You mean mages or enchanters?

Prince
03-16-2011, 03:40 PM
shm is like necro + mage + cleric + warrior tbh

Darian
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Semi-related question: How badly did Shaman disease line get nerfed? At this point is it even worth it to buy/use those spells? Sicken, Affliction, etc

shuklak
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Semi-related question: How badly did Shaman disease line get nerfed? At this point is it even worth it to buy/use those spells? Sicken, Affliction, etc
well it's a lot harder to solo now at low 20s... as a non twink the dps simply is absent.

Grizlor
03-16-2011, 11:18 PM
shm is like necro + mage + cleric + warrior tbh

Ending every post in 'tbh' doesn't help your case.

Edit: My god, look at this forum AIDS: http://www.project1999.org/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=11901

Prince
03-17-2011, 02:27 AM
sorry no matches plz try some different terms tbh

Pokeman
03-17-2011, 02:31 AM
was kind of a lame joke even if it worked tbh

Cathulu
11-02-2013, 12:47 AM
i hate to necro this but what do you mean by halfling guards in nek? i dont see any that are higher than level 5ish thanks :)

webrunner5
11-02-2013, 06:33 AM
I know you are not high enough now. But City of Mist is a great place to solo in at say 40 to 50ish. And group also. Lots of stuff you need for your epic is in there also.