PDA

View Full Version : Spells: IVU - No warning that its fading

Yob
03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
I had no warning that IVU was fading. As you can see, my skin starts tingling. Few people get IVU after me, then my skin stops tingling and BOOM.. dead.

Needless to say group raged out on me, but, thats ok.

burkemi5
03-14-2011, 08:48 PM
it's because you accidently looted a corpse, as seen in the next line "you may not loot this corpse at this time."

pretty sure, i do this frequently and am annoyed.

Yob
03-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Interesting... so NOT looting something breaks IVU. Makes sense.

Gorgetrapper
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Interesting... so NOT looting something breaks IVU. Makes sense.

It's the act of trying to loot something. Best thing to do, especially if it was a player's corpse, is to /hidecorpse all when you enter a zone that you are going to invis through (especially dungeons).

MoonlightStoner
03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I think you could get an invis while already looting a corpse like if bard invis song ticked right after u looted a corpse not sure if each item looted knocks this off or you stay invis for good tho

burkemi5
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
It's the act of trying to loot something. Best thing to do, especially if it was a player's corpse, is to /hidecorpse all when you enter a zone that you are going to invis through (especially dungeons).

exactly this

Haynar
03-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I will check the code to see if it is the server, or the client causing invis to drop in this case. I am not sure. If it is the client, nothing I can do. If it is the server, I can make it not drop invis, if you are too far away, or something like that. I will check it out.

H

Haynar
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Ok, I glanced at the code. It should only be a server initiated fading of invis, if you are close enough to loot the corpse. I will test to see if this is inline with what the client is doing too, or if there is other stuff going on. But it will require me to spend a bit of time testing it in a few situations. I am not where I can fire up a server right now, but i will try to in a few hours if I can.

H

Bruno
03-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeap. This is why I never use my mouse when on a critical invis mission. Strictly keyboard.

Haynar
03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeap. This is why I never use my mouse when on a critical invis mission. Strictly keyboard.
I remember that basically if you clicked anything, you were screwed. It might be workign like it should, but you should get a message concerning the spell fading. Or not tingling or you appear, there should be something there to indicate that you appeared.

I will investigate.

H

Rais
03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2003-2.html

- When Invisibility drops due to looting a corpse, the player will be
informed that their invisibility has dropped.

It telling you invs wore off when trying to loot was never in classic.It would just poof. It was added in 2003.

Invs and using mouse while running though kos areas was always tricky. Bodies of PCs for a long time would mess up mouse users even tho we couldn't loot PC bodies (At least till they changed that/non PVP) also with NPCs.

I think you could get an invis while already looting a corpse like if bard invis song ticked right after u looted a corpse not sure if each item looted knocks this off or you stay invis for good tho

I saw it while looking though old patches,invs descriptions. Can't find it atm, but it states that when you are looting a body, you can have invs cast on you, but once you stand up from looting it breaks. I'll go back and try and find it.