PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Sontalak likes to dig his way through ToV roof and the mountain

skarlorn
04-06-2018, 01:54 PM
In my WW adventures, I've aggroed Sontalak a couple of times while standing on the Northern crest of the ToV canyon.

I'm not even at the very top of the crest, just on the incline, and I'll get an FTE message from Sont.

It takes him about 5 seconds and then he has pathed literally through the roof of ToV and just passed straight through the mountain going north. He doesn't even climb "up" the valley wall, he just goes straight THROUGH the mountain as if there were a special Sontalak Tunnel.

I am not sure if this is intentional. Usually, mobs aggro range is limited by LoS.

There's DEFINITELY LoS from ToV entrance. I'm on a 60 character with a snowy mountain and Temple roof between myself and mr. Sontalak.

Jaxon
04-06-2018, 08:44 PM
No issue here.

Geometry does not block NPC line of sight in outdoor zones. That's classic EQ.

There are usually pathing challenges whenever z-axis and terrain are involved. Having the mob come straight at you is probably the best solution we can hope for even if it involves it passing through boundaries a PC can't pass. If it helps you can think of this as another bit of weird EQ trivia.

skarlorn
04-06-2018, 09:15 PM
going to ask brad for my mponey back ty move this to resolv