PDA

View Full Version : Pet summoning classes: Question on pet levels

Rygar
04-04-2018, 01:28 PM
In some ClassicQuest research I see there was a change at some point in November 2000 - January 2001 that a change went in effect for summoning classes.

In short, if a summoning spell could summon a pet both below and above level 36 then it was changed so that you could only summon a pet with that spell that is level 36+.

Apparently there is a great power disparity between level 35 pets and level 36 pets, so the devs didn't like that a single spell could summon a pet of such varying power.

It's unclear if this was just a bonus of 'primary pet classes' (which they consider only to be Mage and Necro) or if it was all pet classes (Enchanter animations, Shaman, SKs, Druids, etc).

In browsing the wiki I see there are a few spells that can summon a pet above and below level 36.

Spells Showing Pet Levels:
Cackling Bones (summons 33-37 pet)
Conjuration: Earth / Fire / Air / Water (summons 33-37 pet)
Yegoreff's Animation (summons 33-37 animation)

Spells Not Showing Pet Levels:
Spirit of the Howler (?-39 pet)
Nature Walker's Behest (?-?)
Unswerving Hammer of Faith (?-?)
Flaming Sword of Xuzl (?-?)

So my question: Is the wiki accurate? Or are you indeed only summoning level 36+ pets with these spells?

It would require some chain summoning to test and a level 36 individual to con your pets, but if anyone wanted to take the time to test these I'd be happy to submit the bug report if it is not working as intended.

Could maybe help pet classes leveling up to have a spell that consistently summons a 36-37 pet.

bluntfang
04-04-2018, 02:09 PM
do your own testing if your goal is to ruin fun

Bboboo
04-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Just get about 50 players, one for each level and have them con your pet

Duh

Rygar
04-04-2018, 03:13 PM
do your own testing if your goal is to ruin fun

You seem to imply I want to nerf pets, if you read it you would see I want to increase the power of certain summoning spells to err on the high side instead of such a wide range.

Swish2
04-04-2018, 10:44 PM
This is some Daldean-level fun ruining schenanigans on the go here

Swish2
04-04-2018, 10:53 PM
So my question: Is the wiki accurate?

https://i.imgur.com/pNsGeb7.gif

Wonkie
04-05-2018, 12:20 AM
pets are too strong on p99

mcoy
04-05-2018, 10:13 AM
pets are too strong on p99

Not the unswerving hammer...

-Mcoy

Argh
04-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Can't take anything you say seriously after your unclassic armor tint thread.

Whirled
04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
I think I have a character with that goofy sword spell. What info would you need from it?

Rygar
04-06-2018, 01:24 PM
I think I have a character with that goofy sword spell. What info would you need from it?

Thank you for offering to help fine sir. I didn't see any info on this Flaming Sword of Xuzl on the wiki, so I don't know if it would even fit into this category.

Basically, summon with a level 36 toon nearby to con. If he is getting any even cons, try to see if he is also getting blues and yellows/reds. That's all.

Extra Credit: try and figure out what level the pet is that is summoned, try and find the range the pet can be, then update the wiki :p Or post the levels here and I'm sure me or Baler or Loramin will update it.

The extra credit can be a total pain in the arse as you need to get a bunch of lower level toons to con the pet.

Whirled
04-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Thank you for offering to help fine sir. I didn't see any info on this Flaming Sword of Xuzl on the wiki, so I don't know if it would even fit into this category.

Basically, summon with a level 36 toon nearby to con. If he is getting any even cons, try to see if he is also getting blues and yellows/reds. That's all.

Extra Credit: try and figure out what level the pet is that is summoned, try and find the range the pet can be, then update the wiki :p Or post the levels here and I'm sure me or Baler or Loramin will update it.

The extra credit can be a total pain in the arse as you need to get a bunch of lower level toons to con the pet.

Yea, that silly spell. A goofy sword that poofs away anyway for like 700 mana or some crazy amount. Ok, I shall try to get what you ask for (and more?) and report back here with all my goofy findings. /removes tin foil hat /dons thinking cap

Nagoya
04-06-2018, 03:25 PM
I think it's easy to go to the tunnel and find a player for any level you need, be it 35, 36 or 37 etc. Also mobs to test the sword. People will probably be happy to help!

Whirled
04-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Ok, I didnt get to do lots of tests but so far:

The goof sword cons high green ( light blue) TO A LV 60.
Its max hits are in upper 20s -- depending the lvl of attacking monster
It winks out when monster hits it or when monster dies. I had to stand there like a warrior so it didn't kill it every time. Also, it DOES taunt monster * no way to turn that off* options greyed out in pet window

..... more to come when I get more free time.

TL;DR version: Spell sucks