PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in for first time

Gibran
04-01-2018, 02:22 AM
I just spent a few hours trying to figure out how to set everything up and I think I did it right. I go to log in using the "Launch Titanium" shortcut and it launches the game. I created an EQ log in account on EQEmu and I try to use that and it says I have an invalid password. I tried several times with the same result. I went back to EQEmu and created another EQ log in account and tried that and I had the same result.

I am not the most tech savvy person so I don't know if I did something wrong along the way. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks

Damiginc
04-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Having the same issue.

I played several years ago on other EQ emu servers, so I have a couple existing accounts and I linked them with Project 99. I'm unable to log into Project 99, but can log into the eqemu.com page no problem.

Please help.

Thank you!

Triiz
04-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Have you tried creating an account on the main https://www.project1999.com/account/?CreateLS site? I think when I signed up a few years ago I didn't use EQEmu, just the main project1999 site.

Damiginc
04-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Have you tried creating an account on the main https://www.project1999.com/account/?CreateLS site? I think when I signed up a few years ago I didn't use EQEmu, just the main project1999 site.

Yes, tried that a few times using the same account name as eqemu.com and tells me that the username is already in use.

Shagroth
04-03-2018, 02:09 PM
I have the same issue. I followed every step (three times to be certain), reinstalled the games, etc.

I can log in but cannot see servers. I researched to see if it was packet loss but it isn't, worked through my router to no avail, and even tried going through WinEQ.

Just can't get it to connect.

Triiz
04-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Yes, tried that a few times using the same account name as eqemu.com and tells me that the username is already in use.

I have no idea what to do if you already have an EQEmu account, I was mostly referring to someone starting from scratch (like OP).

Here (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144198) is a post from Rogean about account changes but it's 4 years old, maybe try his suggestion at the end of the post re: Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

If that doesn't work try creating a thread in the Petitions/Exploit section of the forums.

EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access. If you plan to use the SMS System detailed below to recover access, it could take a week to process and should be done immediately.

The new system is accessible directly from the Project 1999 website. New players are no longer required to create an EQEmulator forum account. Instead, you can create a forum account on Project 1999, and manage your loginserver accounts from there.

Existing players can link their EQEmulator Forum Account to their Project 1999 Accounts, and then also manage their loginserver accounts from here.

The SMS System has been added, which will allow players to attach an SMS Number to their loginserver accounts. This can be used to recover loginserver passwords in any situation where they are not accessible.

I realize that there are some players who have lost access to their accounts, who may not be able to utilize this system to recover. We are looking into further methods of account recoveries. We are interested to hear these situations though. If you are one of these players, please post under the petition section (Use the Account Recovery prefix) and explain your situation in detail. Please include the following information at minimum:

Do you currently have access to your EQEmulator Forum Account?

Do you currently have access to any of the Loginserver accounts associated with the EQEmulator Forum Account?

There may be further questions we will ask after you create your post.

If you are having problems logging in, please verify your eqhost.txt file contains the following:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998