PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Knight Weapons.

Smeeter
03-31-2018, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone!

I will be making a Shadow Knight alt here pretty quick. I googled a bit and it seems most of the posts are pretty old. What are some decent weapons I should be shooting for? I will be solo most of the time. Is there like a Shadow Knight weapon progression? Like something for the early levels and something for the later levels? Again I will be solo but Im not sure if that matters.

Thanks!

Qtip
03-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Budget you're working with or you starting fresh with no gear?

Evia
03-31-2018, 12:50 PM
Noct blade and that deadeye shield are a good start. Or the moss if youre on a budget.

enjchanter
03-31-2018, 01:04 PM
Just cast vampric embrace and use fists

But on a serious note, get a deathbringer rod for 400p
It's the sk version of the staff of battle for warriors , very OP for the price with OP fashion

Nagoya
03-31-2018, 02:02 PM
Ebon Mace (19/24 1HB, about 2,500~3,000pp)
and Clay Guardian Shield (25ac 50hp ~400pp)
was the most satisfying quality/price combo I could find at early levels :) the ebon mace is no joke! that ratio is very rare on a one handed weapon, even for warrior, monk, rogue or ranger weapons.

If you can add a cheap Haste item like the Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (5ac +3 all saves +22% haste ~1,500pp) you can do pretty decent dps, at least at mid levels :)

elwing
03-31-2018, 02:07 PM
Noct blade will get you a long way, but that's not far from 2k... For cheaper options you have, as mentionned already, the deathbringer rod, an other great sk weapon for cheap is the green jade halberd, mace of the shadowed soul is another cheap option...

blizzard
03-31-2018, 02:49 PM
Depending on your race you might be able to loot the shield in Kithicor from General Vghera fights. For freee

Lemonhead
03-31-2018, 05:01 PM
Goto wiki.project1999.com -- Equipment -- Equipment by class...

From there you can sort weapons by ratio and get an idea on prices for most of it. Another resource is Ahungry.com/eqauctions -- Click on live feed page and you can search for people selling items.

Good luck!

Xaeophi
03-31-2018, 05:04 PM
just get a massive dragonclaw shard. np.

Smeeter
03-31-2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

As far as my budget I dont want to spend more than 1k on a wep. I have a full Crustacean Shell Armor set and AC HP rings so far. I would also like to get Silver Chitin Hand Wraps after I get a decent wep.

Since I will be solo fear kiting is 2h better than a 1h and shield? I would think so but Im not sure.

I think Ill go with a cheaper option and get a Deathbringer's Rod and they look pretty bad ass. Should I get another wep for the early levels and then switch to Deathbringer at a certain level? I would think I want a fast swinging wep to bust out 1 to 20 or something? What level should I switch to Deathbringer?

As far as my race I am going Erudite for sure! And no you cant convince me to switch races!

Thanks!

Smeeter
03-31-2018, 05:16 PM
just get a massive dragonclaw shard. np.

Haha! I just looked that up. I think ill pass. Saving up 80k would take me like 5 years!!

Mabey one day!

Gozuk
03-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Erudite... Cool choice. You definitely would be better off with a 1h 1-20 imo. At least 1-10. Mace of Shadowed Souls is pretty hard to beat for the price. Later on you could upgrade to Noct blade if you want but MoSS will carry you a long way. Agreed on Deathbringer's rod looking cool, good choice for a 2h.

Maybe check out the Poison Wind Censer as an overlooked 2hb option. The ratio beats out Deathbringer's and the price is similar. Don't see many Knights using them either.

enjchanter
03-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Yeah get a jade mace for 500p because until you reach level 30 you don't hit any harder with a 2hander but after 30 , 2hand will be great aggro and dmg

Tecmos Deception
03-31-2018, 05:37 PM
Yeah get a jade mace for 500p because until you reach level 30 you don't hit any harder with a 2hander but after 30 , 2hand will be great aggro and dmg

This, especially on a 1k budget. Deathbringer rod is nice and cheap too (a few hundred tops?) when you finally lose the damage caps or if you just want to swing a big stick once in a while.

Supaskillz
03-31-2018, 06:11 PM
If you have a high level character then get your SK to level 5 and go camp him in Velkators Labrynth. Get a little 3 man group and kill lower dogs to get Sword of Pain for free

19/25 AC:10 Effect: Grim Aura +50mana

You could even just camp your sk there and ask groups who are there if they don't need to send you a tell if it drops. I suspect these rot fairly often

blizzard
03-31-2018, 06:17 PM
Sword of skyfire is cheap and has a nice +25hp 10dmg 22dly

tycohunden
03-31-2018, 07:06 PM
I went:
Jade Mace 1-9
Noc Blade 9-54
Carved Dragonlance Thing 54
Darkmetal Falcion 54-55
Frostreaver 55-59
Meljeljdin, Bane of Giants 59-60

ZiggyTheMuss
03-31-2018, 07:21 PM
You could even just camp your sk there and ask groups who are there if they don't need to send you a tell if it drops. I suspect these rot fairly often

Yes and no I would say, the mob that drops the SK sword and its PH is not really one that people camp unless they are actually going for the sword for their own alt.

Smeeter
03-31-2018, 11:12 PM
Wow so many options! After looking at all the options I think I will go with Sword of Skyfire for early levels and Deathbringer when damage cap drops. That Poison Wind Censer is tempting as well. But I really like the look of that Deathbringer! Or hell I might just get Deathbringer at level 1 because I want to look cool. :)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!!

elwing
04-01-2018, 01:33 AM
On important thing to note, on low level due to the damage cap, you want to use a one hander, for one hander knight only weapons have much higher damage ratio then other 1hander to make up for the non dual weild... You can start with anything really, but as soon as you can get a sk only weapon get it, they are really cheap for their prices, moss being probably the first one in term of price. Also keep using all type of weapons, having to close a 200point skill gap cause you didn't train really suck. I did the major part of 20-50 using noct blade+atramentous shield, iksar berserker club (for skill only), Embalmers skinning knife (for skill and bandaids), green jade halberd for 2hs dps, poison wind censer (as a fast skilling weapon). Later the 1hs got upgraded to the sword of pain and the 2hs to a massive velium claidmore i dropped in dn with a group. Poison wind censer is not as great as it is now procing and I get hit by the ae too, but on other hand it is also now a usefull tool...

utenan
04-01-2018, 01:59 AM
only use sword of skyfire and roleplay as a dragon

elwing
04-01-2018, 02:20 AM
Not fully true, it has good ratio and useful stats, it's also really cheap due to the proc that render it useless later... Moss is vastly superior but that's a cheaper start weapon, trough before upgrading to moss any 50-100pp weapon in ec would do...

24kanthony
04-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I went with the sword of skyfire and focused on armor while i saved up for a noc blade and see invis shield later. Used those till 60 when I could replace with good stuff. A decent 2h helps for solo but using pet and dots wisely is the big thing.
I was doing as much grouping as solo though.

Smeeter
04-01-2018, 07:05 PM
On important thing to note, on low level due to the damage cap, you want to use a one hander, for one hander knight only weapons have much higher damage ratio then other 1hander to make up for the non dual weild... You can start with anything really, but as soon as you can get a sk only weapon get it, they are really cheap for their prices, moss being probably the first one in term of price. Also keep using all type of weapons, having to close a 200point skill gap cause you didn't train really suck. I did the major part of 20-50 using noct blade+atramentous shield, iksar berserker club (for skill only), Embalmers skinning knife (for skill and bandaids), green jade halberd for 2hs dps, poison wind censer (as a fast skilling weapon). Later the 1hs got upgraded to the sword of pain and the 2hs to a massive velium claidmore i dropped in dn with a group. Poison wind censer is not as great as it is now procing and I get hit by the ae too, but on other hand it is also now a usefull tool...

I like that Embalmers skinning knife! Ive never seen that. I will for sure try to keep my other wep skills up. I got a sword of the skyfire now. After I get Silver Chitin Hand Wraps Im going to roll the alt. Ill look for a Deathbringer around level 20. I could get a Moss but I dont think Ill use it much when the damage cap drops. As I said Ill be solo like 90% of the time so I will be using a 2h most of the time.

skarlorn
04-01-2018, 07:27 PM
only use sword of skyfire and roleplay as a dragon