PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why I shouldn't make a Ranger

Leddy
03-22-2018, 01:49 PM
I'm coming back after a few years and have a 53 Bard, and 46 Druid. I feel like playing something new, and I have never really played a Ranger so I thought why the hell not.

Tell me why I should not.

Robbintha Hood
03-22-2018, 01:59 PM
They suck. That's why...just kidding.

I've heard that rangers are very fun to play in the Velious era as opposed to the Vanilla & Kunark eras, so give it a shot. I never thought I would like playing a necromancer, but when I made mine, I found it to be very enjoyable, especially after I got a pair of jBoots. Be warned though, you will be used a lot as a speed bump to die on raid targets. Just a fact of the class.

Tuurin
03-22-2018, 02:15 PM
My 2cp- I think rangers are like several other classes (See, necro/enchanter/paladin/shadowknight/magician/druid) that are fun to level and then pretty shitty to play as a raider. If you're just playing for the fun of grouping, leveling, mucking about (aka, P99 done right) then by all means roll a ranja and have some fun. But if you're thinking raiding, it's a different ball game. Get use to standing around /tracking and then logging onto your cleric when the actual killing needs to get done.

Baler
03-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Weapon Shield, Tracking & Archery.

Kaight
03-22-2018, 02:51 PM
My main on live was a ranger. They are super fun! But your DPS just sucks compared to rogues and other DPS roles, so people don't want you in their groups if they can get someone else. I like grouping and had a much easier time getting into PUGs on my rogue than ranger. Like someone else mentioned, it just depends on what you plan to do. You can solo but you might wanna twink em out a little to start.

skarlorn
03-22-2018, 02:53 PM
they fun

Argh
03-22-2018, 02:54 PM
I just made a ranger and have had fun playing him. Only real downside before was the hybrid penalty, but that is gone now. Play one if you want to.

Whicks
03-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Rangers are one of those classes that can really control the tempo of a group. You have the tools to make pulling stress free. I did however use to play a mental game when it came to ranger heals. I didn't think of them as healing spells, more like "manual regen" lol.

Bummey
03-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Rangers are good. Make one. They aren't top dps like a rogue and dps players don't like being anything short of top DPS on this shitty old video game culture that's been min/maxed to hell and back. That's their only downside. Rangers are good.

Jauna
03-22-2018, 03:15 PM
If you like pulling and being on pet buff duty at max level ranger is for you.

But seriously you will be pulling a lot. Every populated zone in p99 game is outdoors and thats where your Harmony and SoW will be used. I think during my mistmoore castle phase I was pulling so much my melee skills fell behind a few levels just to keep the "one mob in camp" thing going
Unrest
Mistmoore
HHK
Mistmoore again
CoM
Karnors
DEAD ZONE WHERE YOU NEED FRIENDS
max level

uolen
03-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Always thought rangers stunk but I got a random woods man staff on my necro. Level 24 ranger had been fun but I can tell I'm already starting to fall behind other classes.

kotton05
03-22-2018, 03:31 PM
only make a ranger to park somewhere and track

Bummey
03-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Wait never mind rangers are useless because asslings will never be able to be rangers here

slartibartfast
03-22-2018, 05:01 PM
I don't think I ever played a Ranger past level 10 or so. Some of my best friends on live were rangers, and they seemed to have loved the class, not only from a game-play perspective, but also role-playing.

eadric
03-22-2018, 06:03 PM
My main on live was a ranger, and nothing made me hate sony more than assling rangers.
It was a sign of impending doom.

Foxplay
03-22-2018, 06:34 PM
If you wanna make a ranger make a ranger.

fadetree
03-22-2018, 06:42 PM
I love playing a ranger. You kinda have to just want to. I've always enjoyed the fact that they have to be played well, instead of just hitting nuke or autoattack. They can solo well but it takes patience.

aaezil
03-22-2018, 07:12 PM
do it

Jimjam
03-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Can't be halfling.

skarlorn
03-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Can't be halfling.

https://i.imgur.com/csQ3QA2.jpg

Bummey
03-22-2018, 07:50 PM
My main on live was a ranger, and nothing made me hate sony more than assling rangers.
It was a sign of impending doom.

eadric more like ... wrong...dric. Wrongdric. You're wrong.

eadric
03-22-2018, 07:55 PM
eadric more like ... wrong...dric. Wrongdric. You're wrong.

I am occasionally wrongdric, but in this case, I am veritably rightdric. Assling rangers are the devil's spawn.

Troxx
03-23-2018, 02:00 AM
My next project will be the level 1 ranger I created 2 years ago.

They’re fun as hell to play. Globally powerful and versatile class but they do lack the umph to make them competitive in a raw dps role. Outside of BFG and a trushot burn they are simply going to find themselves keeping up on a raid burn.

My fully buffed 53 necro pet puts out about the same amount of sustained dps as a well geared and played ranger in the mid 50s. But ... my pet can’t harmony pull, buff, assist with heals etc. As a ranger to really pull your weight you have to have to know your toolkit and do all those extra things that help the group but can easily go unnoticed.

Much like a well played bard or necromancer, rangers are a WD-40 class. They can make the whole group function more smoothly.

Bummey
03-23-2018, 02:05 AM
I am occasionally wrongdric, but in this case, I am veritably rightdric. Assling rangers are the devil's spawn.

talk about a mark of pride. the devil owns

Much like a well played bard or necromancer, rangers are a WD-40 class. They can make the whole group function more smoothly.

That's not how WD-40 works.

Ketu Garyx
03-23-2018, 02:31 AM
You're right, it makes groups less squeaky.

But seriously, play a ranger, I've worked Tywyll up to 57 so far and don't regret it at all, I contribute quite a bit of DPS and utility on raids, and you ought to see a group of rangers take on boss mobs with trueshot. Very useful class.

Do it, have fun.

Loke
03-23-2018, 03:40 AM
+1 for making a ranger. They have a solid toolbox of spells (harmony, regen, hp, atk, ds, heals) and actually do decent damage unlike most Paladins and SKs. While they don't do it better than other classes, they can fill the role of dps, puller or tank (somewhat gear dependent) in groups. At 60 with the right gear (epics and clicky haste from sky) they're actually really impressive compared to melees at certain tasks. I was using one to farm a particular camp recently and he did it almost as well as my drastically better geared monk due to the aforementioned spells.

wagorf
03-23-2018, 05:39 AM
if u want fun, solo/groupings, then yes - super fun with lots of utility spells
if u want to be the main focus/contributor in raids, then no

fadetree
03-23-2018, 11:16 AM

I could not agree more. Halfling 'Rangers' are an abomination. I would devote my life to hanging out near rivervale and killing every such 'ranger' that I can find, over and over again.

deezy
03-23-2018, 11:31 AM
If you don't enjoy having fun then you shouldn't play a ranger.

mefdinkins
03-23-2018, 11:50 AM
since the request is "tell you why you shouldn't"

it's too similar to druid / bard. it's not good unless pretty twinked. if you want a melee DPS be a rogue, if you want a solo melee dps be a monk, if you want a tank melee dps be a warrior.

are rangers cool for things like sow?! Sort of, unless you get jboots or a sow pot or sow sword, or a level 9 shaman around.

Are rangers cool for harmony?! Sort of, unless you're indoors. But what about getting by sontalak or woushi!? okay super cool you can let a friend in but factioned chars can run past, rogues can sneak past, other chars can DA or FD past and a level 5 druid could cast harmo on them as well.

are rangers cool for having bows!? umm yea but your coolest ranged weapon BFG is removed from game and you prob aint getting it if you're level 1 today

are rangers cool for having track!? yeah! which is why many guilds have naked high level rangers sitting in zones that never do anything in game other than hit track and repeat then log off. in game it can help you with what quillmane (bards do it better) or named cycle in trak's teeth? (bards arguably do it better).

okay okay enough hate, that was trying to answer your question. in reality i would love to make a ranger one day for tracking. i think they're easy to twink and with a fungi and couple 5k weapons you can solo to level 60. Also ranger buffs are helpful Call of the Predator and Strength of Nature can increase all melee's DPS and in some guilds there's not always a ranger around to buff everyone.

solleks
03-23-2018, 12:09 PM
one reason is halflings cant be rangers

Snaggles
03-23-2018, 12:42 PM
They are fun but soloing sucks since there is no bow autofire. Also since dps is a direct function of gear they are not cheap.

I’ve never had money or a guild in p99 so I prefer Pally, SK, Bard. They are far less gear dependent to bring value to a group.

fadetree
03-23-2018, 12:44 PM
They are fun but soloing sucks since there is no bow autofire. Also since dps is a direct function of gear they are not cheap.

I’ve never had money or a guild in p99 so I prefer Pally, SK, Bard. They are far less gear dependent to bring value to a group.

Except a lot of the really good ranger only gear *IS* cheap because there aren't many rangers. Pally and SK less gear dependent? I don't think so.

Bluedarksun
03-23-2018, 01:28 PM
One thing is consistent in the comments and that is if you don’t play your Ranger the way we expect you to then you suck. Not everyone is a min/max junkie and every class is able to bring something to a group/guild. It might not be for the group of some of the people posting but had each class not have been needed then why were they put in the game?

That’s one of the worst problems with this server is that if you don’t meet a player’s expectations then you suck.

psyphon
03-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Master of nothing and the xp penalty sucks.

That said, almost entirely soloed my ranger 1-60, and thoroughly enjoyed it. On raids, weapon-shield and Call of the Predator make you useful, even if you're never going to be top dps. Versatility is great in groups: track, pull, cc, dps.

If you can afford a fungi and a woodsman's staff, definitely go for it. And if not, go for it anyways if you want a challenge.

Snaggles
03-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Except a lot of the really good ranger only gear *IS* cheap because there aren't many rangers. Pally and SK less gear dependent? I don't think so.

Your only job as a SK or pally is to pull and cast lvl 9 spells.

A ranger can get a 31/35 staff for the same price as a monk’s 38/40 but the monk will do WAY more damage. A rogue can get a MQ epic for 35k.

If DPS classes are judged on numbers alone the ranger has the deck stacked against it. This coming from someone who objectively loves the class.

Edit: I mainly tried to do as the Op requested “tell me why not to play one”.
There are MANY reasons to play one. Probably more than than arguments not to. Just have fun and play the game, track down rare spawns and root/snare a few mobs. A lazy ranger in a group is a bad one...if you aren’t lazy you can turn heads.

loramin
03-23-2018, 02:15 PM
If you can afford a fungi and a woodsman's staff,

And Silver Chitin Handwraps ... gotta get that haste (and they're only like 2k more).

Tuurin
03-23-2018, 02:31 PM
One thing is consistent in the comments and that is if you don’t play your Ranger the way we expect you to then you suck. Not everyone is a min/max junkie and every class is able to bring something to a group/guild. It might not be for the group of some of the people posting but had each class not have been needed then why were they put in the game?

That’s one of the worst problems with this server is that if you don’t meet a player’s expectations then you suck.

OP asked for reasons not to play a ranger. Of course the thread is negative- that's literally the point. Have a coke and a smile, guy.

trite
03-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Master of nothing and the xp penalty sucks.

That said, almost entirely soloed my ranger 1-60, and thoroughly enjoyed it. On raids, weapon-shield and Call of the Predator make you useful, even if you're never going to be top dps. Versatility is great in groups: track, pull, cc, dps.

If you can afford a fungi and a woodsman's staff, definitely go for it. And if not, go for it anyways if you want a challenge.

The hybrid exp penalties are gone.

Troxx
03-23-2018, 02:59 PM
The hybrid exp penalties are gone.

Indeed. Rangers today have no xp penalty (same with all hybrids).

As a class it is fun as hell. As long as you acknowledge and accept the limitations of the class you will not be disappointed.

kjs86z
03-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Because they don't fit into the Warrior / Monk / Rogue / Enchanter / Shaman / Cleric perfect 6 man group.

Kidding aside, rangers are fine if you aren't into being a strong class.

Bummey
03-23-2018, 03:01 PM
one reason is halflings cant be rangers

this is the most (and only) compelling reason to not play a ranger on p99

Aadill
03-23-2018, 03:35 PM
I want all the ranger loot to myself stop playing my class.

Amyas
03-23-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm coming back after a few years and have a 53 Bard, and 46 Druid. I feel like playing something new, and I have never really played a Ranger so I thought why the hell not.

You should they are pretty dam fun for group content and are all stars in out door zones.

Gozuk
03-23-2018, 04:47 PM
Did a little bit of duo action with my Ranger and a 51 Druid in KC last night..... Was pretty fun actually

bspa0700
03-23-2018, 04:56 PM
CondaFTE = Server #1 Ranger Twink

Pint
03-23-2018, 06:24 PM
CondaFTE = Server #1 Ranger Twink

Magelo or it didn't happen

Troxx
03-24-2018, 04:36 AM
My ranger twink has a newbie sword and a note for the guildmaster

bubbaray
03-24-2018, 04:56 AM
Ranjah Danjah

bspa0700
03-24-2018, 12:12 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Condafte

I haven't done a good job with it, but that's the gear. And like I said, server #1 ranger twink.

Iklossis
03-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Rangers are my favorite class, but the way they are now they are tough to play, arrows only stack to 20 so they take up a ton of space, also they are very gear dependent.

Nixtar
03-24-2018, 03:20 PM
Play to your strengths when leveling up. No one can touch you in raking in exp in outdoor zones. You can do quests which other classes would find insanely frustrating. You can fear kite animals and your fear kites (unlike SKs) does not take forever since you actually have good DPS output + a snare which lands and lasts. You can even make a half-decent tank in a pinch and you won't lose aggro... And you'll still dish out good DPS.

The reason why you wouldn't roll a Ranger;
1. For some reason you care about progressing fast and efficiently on a server which will never ever get out of Velious.
2. You do not think mobs die fast enough despite spending 95% of the time farting around on an alt and/or standing around EC in a fancy fashionquest collection.
3. You refer to what you do in EQ "As doing your job." God help you.

Leddy
03-24-2018, 07:58 PM
Your answers helped me cement the idea that idgaf and made one anyway. Solid info though guys, appreciate the commentary.

Only have 10k to twink at the moment, I kinda want to grind out the 35k extra for a fungi but that might make me want to kill myself.

fadetree
03-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Rangers are my favorite class, but the way they are now they are tough to play, arrows only stack to 20 so they take up a ton of space, also they are very gear dependent.

All melee are gear dependent. If you want to TANK with the Ranger past 45, then yeah you better get some serious gear, but you're doing it wrong.

Xaeophi
03-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Rangers are the most fulfilling class in the game if you can endure! Understand you aren't a warrior and you're fine! Utilize your spells and skills. And be a wood elf!!! Nothing nastier then a human ranger yukkkkki!

Xaeophi
03-28-2018, 07:12 PM
My rangers gear sucks and I still tank can tank anything that's not a raid boss :). Aggro??? Soon as I touch the mob go ahead and cast rash and slow! Don't be scared! Alleriah's protection be with you!

Xaeophi
03-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Okay so my weapons don't suck. But "most" of armor is mediocre. Not a single sky shrine piece ( shieet is ugly ) .whatever it is I'm doing whether it be tanking, dpsing, speed bumping, or dying.. I'm going to look awesome doing it!

Bummey
03-29-2018, 12:38 AM
hate gear is better. spring ranger > fall ranger

fadetree
03-29-2018, 12:59 PM
It's true, the snap aggro is awesome. I am sure you can 'tank anything that is not a raid boss', but you can't tank it like a Knight would, and nothing like a War. After 55 or so you better get 1 at a time and have good healers.

Gozuk
03-29-2018, 01:46 PM
I've been trying to replace my Ranger's Hate tunic for an eternity mainly because of the look, really tired of it. The stats are annoyingly good though.... 12 Dex!

Bummey
03-29-2018, 04:44 PM
I've been trying to replace my Ranger's Hate tunic for an eternity mainly because of the look, really tired of it. The stats are annoyingly good though.... 12 Dex!

no don't

Jimjam
03-29-2018, 06:20 PM
It's true, the snap aggro is awesome. I am sure you can 'tank anything that is not a raid boss', but you can't tank it like a Knight would, and nothing like a War. After 55 or so you better get 1 at a time and have good healers.

Quite fun tanking all four hand or bodyguard spawns at 55+ and just tearing them to pieces with DS while cleric keeps you up!

Rolling a ranger is worth it for the pick up group guy, just because you are bound to end up in KC whatever class you pick, but rangers freaking rock in KC.

Edit: also tanked spore king and soloed velium broodling at 59. Don't even have fungi tunic on my ranger.

@Xaeophi: Swiftwind is not too hard to complete. You'll have to do some networking for the VSR kill, but he is up often enough and double drops when he dies so it is quite easy to trigger him for someone else and the price of giving away one of your pulsing stone drops.

It's the hate stone for earthcaller that is a ballache. Otherwise pretty easy epic(s).

...ooops this is meant to be why not to roll ranger :P

Skew
03-30-2018, 04:08 AM
Defense caps at 200
Rogue Defense caps at 252

Will only ever be on a DPS parse if your rogues afk like me or once an hour you blow offensive disc on a 32k HP mob assuming you have a BFG.

Jolt sucks.

Weaponshield 15 seconds every 72 mins
Rogues get counterattack 12 seconds every 60 mins.

Still like my ranger but you did ask. Every raid needs SoN and COTP.

Xaeophi
03-30-2018, 04:32 AM
<-- Tanked Fungi King, Emp Chot, Seb protec, tola.. No problem!
Will paladins/SKs take less damage then rangers? Yeah i sure hope they will! If you have a cleric with CH or a shaman with tor por, youre fine. DPS won't be a problem, Aggro wont be a problem. Just have a healer who can CH or tor por ya ( reccomend slower for Seb protector/tola. )

fadetree
03-30-2018, 06:21 AM
Xae, we know, we know, we 'can' tank. Everytime I say something about Rangers and tanking I always get people giving me long lists of hard mobs they have 'tanked'.
You can stand in front of a slowed, crippled high end mob and have a healer(s) keep you up, yes. So can a Shaman, bard, rogue, etc. I've done nothing but play rangers since 99. A Ranger is not a tank. We can fill in for one in most situations, but it's not optimal in the long run. We are much better played as what we are in a grind group - utility DPS, puller, off tank, caster rescue, and taunt battery.

*edit* and always heal a canni shaman or lich necro. Ranger clarity.

Xaeophi
03-30-2018, 06:42 AM
I just dont want people to get the wrong impression of what rangers can do! Notice in the small list ive given i have not mentioned VP raid mobs ive seen rangers tank.. Why? Because now thats just silly. Have a warrior in defensive use it! Anyways.. Ill end the rant here :P. Rangers are a lot of fun and very fulfilling.. Jjust know what you are and what you arent. in order to tank said mobs -> You will need to have moderate gear of some kind.

fadetree
03-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Yep, with ya on all that.

kotton05
03-30-2018, 10:55 AM
Once again a ranger should be a tracker bot. Even BiS rangers fail compared to a naked monk tanking. Not till AA’s was the ranger ever really good. At least with hybrid penalty gone people will group with them so there’s that.

Aadill
03-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Rangers get a final defense buff come Chardok 2.0, which may still leave them below a monk, but 200 to 220 on defense alone and a riposte increase as well is gonna be huge.

They also get an offensive bonus innate to the class that starts at level 55 so as the final patch rolls in on P99 rangers suddenly get pretty decent and fun to play.

Canelek
03-30-2018, 11:33 AM
I'd rather play a Ranger any day over a Monk. Nothing wrong with monks, of course!

Aadill
03-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Monks aren't better dps than rangers. The higher the miss rate the lower the dps and monks and rangers have about the same miss rate and dps. They are near equal and only better than knights for dps. The only difference is people greatly overestimate how much dps monks do.

Avg DPS:
Rog (100+) > War (70) > Monk/Ranger (60) > SK/Pal (40+)

Yeah, I usually sit right below the rogues or sometimes in the rogue camp with my total dmg/DPS and monks are mostly interspersed with the non-tanking warriors. This does depend on the mob and on things like AOW my damage/dps tanks hard but on most raid mobs I outdamage monks.

Xaeophi
03-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Woah woah woah!! what are these lies?!?! Show me a monk not rocking a gnar's rock of smashing or tunare weapon thats out dpsing a ranger plz!! that whole fist + sceptre of mastery does not out dps me.
2---> Monk tanking better then ranger? Plzzz... it just looks like that because the mobs not hitting the monk! The mobs hitting the enchanter or shaman whos trying to slow it! :D

Skew
03-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Rangers get a final defense buff come Chardok 2.0, which may still leave them below a monk, but 200 to 220 on defense alone and a riposte increase as well is gonna be huge.

They also get an offensive bonus innate to the class that starts at level 55 so as the final patch rolls in on P99 rangers suddenly get pretty decent and fun to play.

Rogues are better tanks now and will be better tanks if Chardok 2.0 ever comes in.
Killing stuff with >50 people it doesnt matter at this point of the timeline how bad rangers are tbh. But they are bad *relatively* speaking until AAs.
My main was a ranger on live and Ive got a 60 ranger alt thats 3 years old here. This is just how it is. Someone makes a post "why shouldnt i make a ranger" and really the No1 reason is they are the weakest melee class in the game until AAs for reasons listed.
It doesnt mean they arent fun. Just if we are talking old school mmo min/max here , theyre bad.

I still hope you give me COTP and SoN though :D

Aadill
03-30-2018, 02:49 PM
I still hope you give me COTP and SoN though :D

Reason for not playing a ranger - having to deal with petulant rogues who can't stop posting DPS meters in /gu

fadetree
03-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Woah woah woah!! what are these lies?!?! Show me a monk not rocking a gnar's rock of smashing or tunare weapon thats out dpsing a ranger plz!! that whole fist + sceptre of mastery does not out dps me.
2---> Monk tanking better then ranger? Plzzz... it just looks like that because the mobs not hitting the monk! The mobs hitting the enchanter or shaman whos trying to slow it! :D

He just trollin.

Skew
03-30-2018, 03:42 PM
Reason for not playing a ranger - having to deal with petulant rogues who can't stop posting DPS meters in /gu

Mate i hear you. I hate DPS meters. Never posted one!
DPS meters are probably responsible for 50% of wipes once a mob is in camp.

(in LoS we banned posting DPS meters for good reason)

Troxx
03-31-2018, 04:41 AM
Someone makes a post "why shouldnt i make a ranger" and really the No1 reason is they are the weakest melee class in the game until AAs for reasons listed.
It doesnt mean they arent fun. Just if we are talking old school mmo min/max here , theyre bad.

It depends on the situation, but in general yes this is true.

If the ranger can play to his/her strengths and the group strongly benefits from it (ie harmony outdoor pulling) then rangers are one of the best melee. If no other character can snare/sow and either of these are huge benefits to the group - again one of the best melee.

But for raw damage contribution? They're "ok".

xnolanx
04-01-2018, 11:30 PM
I main class one. He's fun. Do it!!!

Gozuk
04-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Don't underestimate the RP potential of Rangers either.

Jimjam
04-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Don't underestimate the RP potential of Rangers either.

Roll Karana to unlock stormy temperament.

Remeygi
04-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Because people in shady taverns will point with their fingers at you and say: „he’s one of them rangers, you know.“

Jhaerik
04-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Because you should make a ranger over on p2002.

Autofire + Bow AA's = Viable Bow rangers.

Leddy
04-03-2018, 11:57 AM

We get it, you like p2002. Could you stop fucking shilling it all over the p99 forums.

Swish2
04-04-2018, 08:35 AM

Bigger pop on red server, sorry about that.

d3r14k
04-04-2018, 09:59 AM
P2002 sucks man ass

Man ass - The worst kind of ass

Xanthias
04-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Well in order to play a ranger and enjoy it. Know your weaknesses and strengths, also have a group of friends who will play with you no matter what your class is.

As far as raids go... I've tanked Trak and VS (Survived both encounters), Islands in Sky so it is possible

In Seb I pulled most of the time in various parts that didn't require a rogue to get into

Not gonna lie and say it isn't a challenge at times, but I find it to be the most fun class for me.

As an aside, I do wish there AAs because EQ and AM3 were amazing heh, especially after years of rangers suck jokes ;)