PDA

View Full Version : Can't leave starter areas

Kettie
03-07-2018, 11:39 AM
I can log into the server, create a character, and load into the starter cities. Once that character tries to leave the game crashes and that character cannot be loaded anymore.

This may be because of my husbands crazy firewall. In order to connect to game servers he has to allow the IP address. We were able to get the address of the login server, but if the other zones are on another server I can't find it.

loramin
03-07-2018, 12:22 PM
We were able to get the address of the login server, but if the other zones are on another server I can't find it.

I believe the "another server" is Blue itself, which apparently needs to be whitelisted separately from the login server on OP's network ... but personally I have no idea how to get it.

Does anyone know Blue's IP address?

(Further background: https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/comments/82io5v/server_address/.)

Jimjam
03-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Some zones have a minimum level of 5+. Could this be it?

Kettie
03-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Some zones have a minimum level of 5+. Could this be it?

Shouldn't be, I can't leave Halas for instance. I can create a character in Halas, wander around the town, ride the boat to the zone line. If I cross the zone line into Everfrost Peaks I get booted to login and that character will no longer load.

Kettie
03-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Resolved by annoying my husband about his security.

Doctor Jeff
03-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Glad I could help.