PDA

View Full Version : PL'ing a old friend

markymark84
03-01-2018, 05:18 PM
So i am convincing an old friend back from 2000 to start playing.
I am going to play with him on my Alt (who is in its 40s) while he catches up to my main.

My main is a 55 necro who I want to use to PL him.

Whats the easiest way and place to do this right from the get go?

I know the concept of PLing...just never executed it.

Have him hit it once
get the mob running and dot'd
FD before it dies.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Id love to PL him from 1 - 30 or so..

if anyone has some areas that would be good or any info that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Spyder73
03-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Necro isn't very good PL class TBH. Would probably be better off just paying a Druid or Bard to get him up to 30, probably could cut a deal for like 10-15k if you found the right person.

As a side note, certain classes are better at getting PL'd than others as well, do you know what he wants to play?

Baler
03-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Necro is a great PLing class..
Snare,Root,Dot,FD ??? Profit
have him hit the mob once before it dies to get exp

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Spyder73
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Damage shield PLing/snare agro is about 10,000 times faster, that's all im saying

markymark84
03-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Necro isn't very good PL class TBH. Would probably be better off just paying a Druid or Bard to get him up to 30, probably could cut a deal for like 10-15k if you found the right person.

As a side note, certain classes are better at getting PL'd than others as well, do you know what he wants to play?

likely going to play an enchanter... so even more reason to get him into the 30's as soon as possible

I thought about maybe going to Kunark and doing 1-20 in field of bone/kurns.....

Moerne
03-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Kurn's is probably the best place to PL. However....don't sell your friend short on the P99 experience. Reliving those early levels with all their struggle is a big piece of the fun for most people starting on the server. Maybe instead of a PL, make a char to level up with him?

markymark84
03-01-2018, 06:32 PM
hahaha he had several characters on live when kunark was released...
he has no desire for the low levels again.. i think starting at 30.. still gives him lots of time!

Qtip
03-01-2018, 06:49 PM
1-10 go to blackburrow. Pull the entire zone and Ae all the gnolls. Have friend loot all the teeth and hand them in, in qeynos. Takes about 4 pulls to get enough to go from 1-10.

10+ just necro heal and dispell it off yourself so you don't loose health. If hp gets low, wait for mob to go below 50% and tap it back.

ldgmo
03-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Twink new toon and friend

???

Profit

markymark84
03-01-2018, 07:06 PM
1-10 go to blackburrow. Pull the entire zone and Ae all the gnolls. Have friend loot all the teeth and hand them in, in qeynos. Takes about 4 pulls to get enough to go from 1-10.

10+ just necro heal and dispell it off yourself so you don't loose health. If hp gets low, wait for mob to go below 50% and tap it back.

So just twitch him/heal him and let him nuke shit down? that can't be faster then getting him a weapon and stabbing something once and FD'ing the kill

Troxx
03-05-2018, 04:13 AM
Necro PL speed from 20-50 is quite good. Splurt is cheap and effective. Pull 6-8 high level (relative to person you are Pling) mobs. Root em in a conga line. Splurt then all then fd. Hit each mob once — profit.

Splurt does enough damage to drop most all content that gives up into upper 40s in a single cast.

d3r14k
03-05-2018, 10:43 AM
don't sell your friend short on the P99 experience. Reliving those early levels with all their struggle is a big piece of the fun for most people starting on the server. Maybe instead of a PL, make a char to level up with him?

^ This.

I know you're in a hurry to play with him on your 50+ main / 40+ alt, but you're really robbing him of a lot of the fun by darting him to 30.

Make a new throwaway character / a class you've always wanted to try / a good combo with your friend, put zero investment into it and spend a week or so showing him the newbie ropes. This sounds 1,000x more fun than buying a PL or PLing him with your Necro. He'll have more fun, too. No one wants to sit there and eat XP for hours just to "catch up".

Renlin
03-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Start a cleric with him. One of the best duos in game, who knows, maybe you'll really like being a cleric.

Kealenfists
03-06-2018, 03:15 AM
uhh just buy left goblin ears and skip all the nonsense

ghost182
03-06-2018, 09:18 AM
I️ would agree, could pull all of north ro and get him from 2 to 10. After that have him hand in orc belts orc scalps and goblin ears to mid 20s. Befallen is a sweet PL spot, so is Uguk

mefdinkins
03-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Do Kaladim Bone Chip quest to start. much quicker than leveling 1-12 or as far as you want to try to take that quest on an ench.

Necro PL may not be as efficient as some of the other options but for an Ench you could easily get him to level 30 in a couple days without going super insane.

Ench is also super easy to level so if you hook him up with Jboots and some basic +HP shit and goblin guzaghi ring he could get to 50 in no time if he enjoys the game. if he solo's he'd also get to 50 and have some understanding of WTF EQ is b/c if you PL someone who isn't melee it's very easy for them to miss over spells, have no clue wtf is going on, and be a complete nub.

finally make sure he rolls a Gnome for his Ench. You can min/max that stuff until you die but gnome is by far the sexiest race.

Nixtar
03-06-2018, 03:43 PM
finally make sure he rolls a Gnome for his Ench. You can min/max that stuff until you die but gnome is by far the sexiest race.

My most prized spell is illusion: gnome.

Crede
03-06-2018, 04:38 PM
I wish my RL friends still played this game. I’d be taking the others advice and start something up with him. 60 sucks,, enjoy the grind and rock out a new class you might otherwise not have tried with him. Leveling will be much easier and fun.