PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.

Pico
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I doubt many of you really care about hockey (for shame) but here's an insanely vicious hit. That loud ping you hear is his poor Patches' head getting mushed into the stalchion. :(

Ouch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2AxYxgqRA)

Hope he gets better soon.

Chippy
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Growing up in Boston and watching Bruins vs Canadians. This isn't anything shocking, they detest each other. That must of hurt though Chara is one big guy on skates.

azeth
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Preface: I'm a diehard, bias, Boston everything fan.

I don't think it was a dirty hit, I've been listening to vet players, ex refs, coaches call into WEEI (Boston Sports Radio) all day and identify that there's no way Chara could have known/reacted fast enough to the placement of the partition where the glass starts on the wall. Chara is guilty only of finishing his check with what looks to be a high elbow, though the actual HIT was really made between Patches and the partition.

Chippy
03-09-2011, 02:53 PM
WEEI <3

Pico
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Appreciate the preface but I think that's a copout argument. Chara's one of the very best defensemen in the league, and he got that good by having the situational awareness to know where he is on the ice at all times. That coupled with the personal vendetta him and Pacioretty have had the past couple games and I think there was some malicious intent on Chara's part. Obviously I don't think he intended for it to be quite that vicious but it was a very clearly a reckless play.

Lucic trying to pick fights with Pouliot and Subban in the 3rd was salt on the wounds too. Next Bruins/Habs matchup is going to be intense.

azeth
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Appreciate the preface but I think that's a copout argument. Chara's one of the very best defensemen in the league, and he got that good by having the situational awareness to know where he is on the ice at all times. That coupled with the personal vendetta him and Pacioretty have had the past couple games and I think there was some malicious intent on Chara's part. Obviously I don't think he intended for it to be quite that vicious but it was a very clearly a reckless play.

Lucic trying to pick fights with Pouliot and Subban in the 3rd was salt on the wounds too. Next Bruins/Habs matchup is going to be intense.

See I think his "retribution" was going for the elbow when he finished the check into the glass, I mean the result was wildly unexpected. However, as we all know the NHL is a result driven punishment organization i.e High sticking isnt a problem unless someone bleeds, even from the minorest of cuts.

guineapig
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Being a Sabres fan who have long standing rivalries with both teams; I am torn...

Seriously though, here's hoping for the best.