PDA

View Full Version : Outpost vs HS - Enchanter Perspective

commongood
01-31-2018, 04:59 AM
My chanter is 47 atm. Dark Elf. I've never exp'd in Kaesora, KC or the likes and as such am on friendly terms at the Outpost. In a way I'd like to keep it that way. On my other chars I'm kos there but am on CoV faction and bound i PoM so easy access to vendors and bank in Skyshrine.

But my chanter is alligned to Kael and so it seems very handy once I'm 50 to be able to hammer to OT and bank/vendor.

But... having leveled my necro up in HS I know how crazy good the exp are and especially for chanters due to all the "SK" mobs that can be ToT'ed. And I enjoy soloing enormously on my chanter... is there any way I can justify not ruining my Outpost faction for the fantastic solo exp there is in HS as a chanter? Or are there other zones that supply a satisfactory alternative from low 50s all the way to 60?

Thanks!

Legidias
01-31-2018, 09:31 AM
If you have a hammer to get back to HS so easily, why not bind somewhere you can bank / vendor, then hammer to OT and go back to HS (or w/e) after?

There really has never been a real reason to keep OT faction except saving 1.5k on a hammer, and youre an enchanter anyways so that doesnt even matter.

Emmin
01-31-2018, 10:23 AM
You can still bank at the OT outpost while KoS. Just click the bank npc through the wall to avoid aggro.

Tortok
01-31-2018, 10:25 AM
All vendors in OT are greedy anyhow.
Being an enchanter you can use Cabilis and FV for banking and vendoring in Kunark.

I wouldn't waste a 2nd thought on OT faction, and didn't on my characters.

thebutthat
02-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Tank that faction, HS is too good of XP and loot.

commongood
02-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the replies. Pretty much falls in line with what I've been thinking myself. My only doubt now is whether or not to get a coth to PoM on this toon (and if so, at what level).

Exp'ing in HS seems like it would be nice to just bind outside. I already have a torpor shammy in PoM and while it's sweet it's also a bit restrictive to be permabound somewhere.

kjs86z
02-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Typically people bind up on top of the cliff. If you get in trouble simply gate, reset, and get back in there!