PDA

View Full Version : Is this suspicious?

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 01:24 AM
4-5 years ago I'd met a dude on P99 who I became buddies with. Added him to list as usual. We chatted about all kinds of things, and one thing he liked doing was Jboots MQs, this was what he did for fun. At one point he was up to having done 70+ MQs!

I left game, went to SWTOR for about 2 years, came back and (not surprisingly) found many of the people who I had befriended no longer playing, including this individual.

A few months ago I began chatting with some random dude in EC and we reminisced about players we knew, and the Jboots guy was someone he was familiar with. He told me the guy had gotten ill, and had health problems then quit P99. Of course I was sad to hear this, but understand it happens.

Well, 2 days ago as I was checking my friends list, I see Jboots MQ dude on! I sent him a tell, happy to see him logged in only to be told that it was a different man on the toon, and that he had been friends with the original Jboots guy but thought he was now playing on Live. he also said it had been years since he last talked to him.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Am I paranoid thinking this is odd, or do people hand over accounts, especially accounts that have not been active literally for years?

skarlorn
01-27-2018, 01:39 AM
Pretty common TBH

loramin
01-27-2018, 01:50 AM
Pretty common TBH

Kavious
01-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Secondtonone? I sent him a tell and it wasnt him =(

Pokesan
01-27-2018, 01:55 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117494

Danth
01-27-2018, 01:55 AM
I find this type of thing occurs most often among higher-end players because they have a tendency to share account info. Most the lower-end players I know, when they quit playing their characters tend to stay gone. On the other hand, if one of my friends in higher-end guilds takes a long break, when I eventually see the character again I never assume it's the same person until proven so.

Danth

Mead
01-27-2018, 02:14 AM
I have access to about 10 loaded accounts from people I've raided with for a long time and still remain friends with. Most of us have quit but the account info is still the same.

Happens.

Not everyone is RMTing.

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 03:15 AM
Secondtonone? I sent him a tell and it wasnt him =(

This was who it was! I was sad when I sent tell and it was not him. :(

Some guy told me Secondtonone had become ill, and quit p99 so when I seen this character on I was elated and hoping it was him and that he was doing better.

I liked him a lot he was a good guy, older player too. Oh well, guess I can chalk it up as a lost pal.

I was dumb my first time on p99, I made a few friends but did not get emails before I took break from it. I came back, and they were gone.

TheOutdoorNerd
01-27-2018, 04:51 AM
Have you tried asking about him on the P99 Facebook group?

Luckily I've reconnected on social media with some of the cool people I lost touch with from Live, usually through mutual friends I did keep in contact with.

And someone I friended on FB just because I was enjoying talking to them on a mutual friend's posts turned out to be a very good old friend from Brell. We never knew each other's RL names, and we were friends on FB for a month before we realized it!

So just by being a social media whore I've reconnected with a lot of my friends from back in the day. Though sadly, some of the people I knew really well have passed.

Lemonhead
01-27-2018, 05:09 AM
Breakups are hard

Bboboo
01-27-2018, 07:10 AM
I'm always surprised at how willy nilly people give out their account info to other people. I rather drop trade a fungi in EC tunnel.

commongood
01-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Fun piece of trivia. Secondtonone once paid me 10k to locate his corpse (he had several) in OOT. I was a lowly 50ish necro trying my luck at seafuries at the time.

Still the craziest tip I’ve heard about let alone received.

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Fun piece of trivia. Secondtonone once paid me 10k to locate his corpse (he had several) in OOT. I was a lowly 50ish necro trying my luck at seafuries at the time.

Still the craziest tip I’ve heard about let alone received.

I aint surprised, he really was a good dude.

I got to know him after I bought a Jboots MQ from him. He was by far the most organized and systematic Jboots MQer I had ever seen, and I even modeled my runs after his later on.

I don't use Facebook, so I wouldn't be able to try to track him down like that anyway.

I shouldn't have given the thread such a nefarious title, I was just extremely disappointed the original guy still is not playing and I was put off by that fact more than anything.

Nice to see others remember Secondtonone in high regards too. :)

silo32
01-27-2018, 02:00 PM
pretty common

ive had 3 friends over the years give me access to their accounts with one rule

do not strip it and do not sell it

high end accounts, loaded

ive seen some dissapear and im basically the sole owner of the accounts, weird

life happens

also know someone on red that ran a guild and he recruited 40+ players and when the guild dissolved pretty much everyone gave him his info and left

i do miss the days here when you could openly trade accounts or sell them for plat, should bring that back imho with a "enter at your own risk" type of thing

Twochain
01-27-2018, 02:24 PM
I aint surprised, he really was a good dude.

I got to know him after I bought a Jboots MQ from him. He was by far the most organized and systematic Jboots MQer I had ever seen, and I even modeled my runs after his later on.

I don't use Facebook, so I wouldn't be able to try to track him down like that anyway.

I shouldn't have given the thread such a nefarious title, I was just extremely disappointed the original guy still is not playing and I was put off by that fact more than anything.

Nice to see others remember Secondtonone in high regards too. :)

I bought my jboots MQ off him back in the day! I remember him too. He was a good dude. I hope he's doing okay out there.

skarlorn
01-27-2018, 02:34 PM
this guy a troll shaman?

Lemonhead
01-27-2018, 02:51 PM
this guy a troll shaman?

Almost has to be, these people are head over heels.

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 04:53 PM
this guy a troll shaman?

no he was a wood elf druid.

mcoy
01-27-2018, 05:53 PM
[Sun Oct 30 21:17:19 2016] Secondtonone tells you, 'hey, this is a friend of second's, friend/guildie, he's playing live now'

Yeah I was sad to hear this too. Oh well.

-Mcoy

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 06:24 PM
[Sun Oct 30 21:17:19 2016] Secondtonone tells you, 'hey, this is a friend of second's, friend/guildie, he's playing live now'

Yeah I was sad to hear this too. Oh well.

-Mcoy

I wonder how many times a day he gets tells asking where he has been/how he is doing etc., who'd ever thought so many people would remember him. :p

Rivera
01-27-2018, 07:08 PM

Still the craziest tip I’ve heard about let alone received. holy shit :eek:

i've done this for free 90% of the time on my nec.

mcoy
01-27-2018, 10:57 PM
-Mcoy

dslaybac
01-27-2018, 11:10 PM
His name was Secondtonone. His name was Secondtonone.

Last time I spoke with him he was sounding a lot better. He would be happy to know that some people still think about him kindly! So many stories about this guy.. don't even know where to start...

There was this one time he fell asleep at the keyboard while doing ancient cyclops and hit his autorun. He died over and over to drowning until he finally woke up lol.

If this guy ported you somewhere, you didn't leave without a levitation, skin like blah blah blah, resistances and whatever other buffs he could hit you with. One time the guild he was with had him porting and they were getting upset with him because he kept buffing them instead of porting them to the raid target as fast as possible and he was upset that they were upset, lol.

I want to say his tally was up to over 450 jboots MQ's last time I talked to him. The guy loved his ancient cyclops!

He had a lot of curveballs thrown his way during his life and it wasn't easy, but he was still a super nice guy and always wanted to help.

His name was Secondtonone.

kotton05
01-28-2018, 12:33 AM
Someone get the real secondtonone back. Sounds like norrath needs him.

Lhancelot
01-28-2018, 01:13 AM
Someone get the real secondtonone back. Sounds like norrath needs him.

commongood
01-28-2018, 01:58 AM
holy shit :eek:

As have I. But hey. You’re lvl 50 and it’s your only char on the server and this stranger tells you out of the blue “I’ll pay you 10k to find my corpse”. I couldn’t pass that up :)

Lhancelot
01-28-2018, 07:52 AM
holy shit :eek:

Wearing a heavy frown at salty plebs trying to diminish the greatness of Secondtonone.

His name wasn't Secondtonone for no reason.

Rivera
01-28-2018, 07:55 AM
Wearing a heavy frown at salty plebs trying to diminish the greatness of Secondtonone.

His name wasn't Secondtonone for no reason. i think you took that the wrong way tbh.

Lulz~Sect
01-28-2018, 01:54 PM
SRS Q
Why care found

silo32
01-29-2018, 02:31 AM
SRS Q
Why care found

bet it hurts inside knowing no one in game or on the forums cares about your existence

Lulz~Sect
01-30-2018, 12:42 AM
^^care found

Sonark
01-30-2018, 01:04 AM
I read his name as Second Ton One way too many times.

MiRo2
01-30-2018, 07:43 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5slDYad.png