PDA

View Full Version : Progression Thread?

Teeny
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone think of maybe having a progression thread so we can track whose done what, so when people come to the forums looking for a guild, maybe we can get a little bit more than scattered info from the post. Guild websites usually have some of that information, but I think it would be easier to make a post, and have a nice little chart, or something like that. I'm way to lazy to do it though, :) just an idea spitballin for you forum trolls :P.

Shiftin
03-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Who is currently killing mobs is probably a better indicator if you're looking for a raiding guild than who has killed mobs considering the high rate of turnover on the server.

Rogean
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
With the lack of enough raid content, a guild progression list wouldn't do much at this point in the game.

Teeny
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Theres not a ton of content to track, this is true. The problem is, not everyone is here to raid full time, the two raid guilds i knew were IB/DA, those were the primary two, I cant poopsock anymore, but I'd like a guild that still at least tries even if its on a more casual front, and tbh alot of these guilds I couldn't tell you what content they are doing or if they've even cleared some of the zones, even after viewing their sites. The problem i guess im saying is, having knowledge about what the guilds are doing progression wise would be nice. To know what they've been able to pull off, i dunno maybe was dumb idea.

guineapig
03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
More or less every raid guild currently on the server has the ability to down all of the old world bosses given the opportunity to do so. How much competition there is for any particular target at any given time is another matter entirely.

The guilds that kill bosses the most often are the ones with the largest raid forces that are available round the clock. So maybe your question should simply be how many active members are online on a daily basis for each guild in question.

Another parameter might be progress in Sky, starting with with unassisted (meaning not a joint raid) Noble Dojorn and Spiroc Lord kills and going up from there.

All that being said active rosters will be drastically different in 2 weeks time so it might be best to save that question for March 25th or 26th.

Shiftin
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Theres not a ton of content to track, this is true. The problem is, not everyone is here to raid full time, the two raid guilds i knew were IB/DA, those were the primary two, I cant poopsock anymore, but I'd like a guild that still at least tries even if its on a more casual front, and tbh alot of these guilds I couldn't tell you what content they are doing or if they've even cleared some of the zones, even after viewing their sites. The problem i guess im saying is, having knowledge about what the guilds are doing progression wise would be nice. To know what they've been able to pull off, i dunno maybe was dumb idea.

IB merged with Darkwind to have a bigger presence in non US primetime and is now Transatlantic Rampage. We have gotten something like 32 of the last 40 major non-sky bosses. Currently not focusing much on sky for various reasons which probably belong more in R&F than here.

DA is raiding with VD and spending most of their raiding time in sky. They still race with TR on patch days for certain mobs.

Divinity, Dozekar and TMO all have taken shots at innoruuk on simulated patch days over the last 2 months with some success. They have also all done at least the first 4 or 5 islands in sky to the best of my knowledge.

Peace Pipe, Bregan and some other smaller guilds do armor clears in PoH / PoF.

edit: what GP said too. Lots of old world bosses will become far more open to killing shortly.

guineapig
03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
To be fair Divinity is one of the oldest guilds on the server and we have killed every single old world boss multiple times. Lately we have been killing the Spiroc Lord on a weekly basis (killed with as little as 37 people I think... was not easy) as well as the lower island bosses for quest items.
Our kills do not number in the hundreds, but nor do our numbers or hours spent waiting for bosses to spawn.

And this is in no way a jab at anyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Shiftin
03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
To be fair Divinity is one of the oldest guilds on the server and we have killed every single old world boss multiple times. Lately we have been killing the Spiroc Lord on a weekly basis (killed with as little as 37 people I think... was not easy) as well as the lower island bosses for quest items.
Our kills do not number in the hundreds, but nor do our numbers or hours spent waiting for bosses to spawn.

And this is in no way a jab at anyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Not taken as one. I think everyone from you guys on up is well aware of the cluster F of a bottleneck at the high end. Much respect for your recent successes in sky.

Akame
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
And Chicanery finally was online for the Inny kill this week!

:P

Teeny
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
IB merged with Darkwind to have a bigger presence in non US primetime and is now Transatlantic Rampage. We have gotten something like 32 of the last 40 major non-sky bosses. Currently not focusing much on sky for various reasons which probably belong more in R&F than here.

DA is raiding with VD and spending most of their raiding time in sky. They still race with TR on patch days for certain mobs.

Divinity, Dozekar and TMO all have taken shots at innoruuk on simulated patch days over the last 2 months with some success. They have also all done at least the first 4 or 5 islands in sky to the best of my knowledge.

Peace Pipe, Bregan and some other smaller guilds do armor clears in PoH / PoF.

edit: what GP said too. Lots of old world bosses will become far more open to killing shortly.

See this is the stuff im talkin about, i would have had no idea what happened to IB. I play a solo class, I dont really group, and while soloing im not a big socializer, now that im getting closer to 50, itd be nice to know a little about each of these guilds and their backgrounds and their achievements, maybe people just need to add more to their recruitment posts ;). I know alot of guilds would be on the list, but it would help people who are guildless or are possibly looking to raid or to get into the raid game knowledge of the guild they are trying to join and find the one that bests suits them without guild hopping to find it. Good info in this post though :) hehe.

shuklak
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
stuff like this is great to read when you can't play...