PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Enchanter Item

commongood
01-26-2018, 03:55 AM
Imagine you had an extra item slot. Which of the following two items would you want in that slot as a chanter and why. The more in depth answer the better :)

Item One:

8AC, 8CHA, 1INT, 5STR, 20mana, 2MR, 10CR

Item Two:

7STA, 10hp, 8PR, 8DR

Lemonhead
01-26-2018, 04:21 AM
Ohhh, Is this like a puzzle where we need to figure out what the 2 items actually are?

I'm in.

commongood
01-26-2018, 04:23 AM
Ohhh, Is this like a puzzle where we need to figure out what the 2 items actually are?

I'm in.

Yes! Puzzle and a question all in one. Care to weigh in on the actual question too? :)

Izmael
01-26-2018, 04:29 AM
A quick search in the PEQ eqemu database yielded no matches for either item, they are either indeed hypothetical or P99 specific.

Item #1 is the obvious pick for most enchanters.

commongood
01-26-2018, 04:31 AM
A quick search in the PEQ eqemu database yielded no matches for either item, they are either indeed hypothetical or P99 specific.

Item #1 is the obvious pick for most enchanters.

So just to underscore it: the stamina and hp is for sure beaten by the charisma, mana etc? How big a deal is 8ac?

Also, quiz wise: the two items in question do not have these exact stats. Indeed these stats are the differences between the two items' otherwise identical stats. I'd be quite impressed if anyone got it.

Izmael
01-26-2018, 05:23 AM
So basically you are trying to decide between

Mischevous Dazzler Robe
and

Dazzling Robe

Since we are playing classic EQ in 2018, the only things that matter are the look and how cool the name sounds.

PoM robe is a clear winner as far as I'm concerned.

Izmael
01-26-2018, 05:25 AM
Seriously though, if is going to depend a lot on the rest of your equipment, can you achieve 255 buffed CHA with the Kael robe if max CHA matters to you, things like that.

commongood
01-26-2018, 05:42 AM
So basically you are trying to decide between

Mischevous Dazzler Robe
and

Dazzling Robe

Since we are playing classic EQ in 2018, the only things that matter are the look and how cool the name sounds.

PoM robe is a clear winner as far as I'm concerned.

You sly dog you! Yeah those are the two items. I’ve never seen anyone wear the Kael robe but the pictures I’ve seen makes me like that look a bit more. But PoM robe seems strictly better. Hmm.

commongood
01-26-2018, 05:49 AM
Oops. Double post

Spyder73
01-26-2018, 12:43 PM
The biggest lie of Everquest is that any of this gear matters even the slightest. FashionQuest #1, everything else is essentially optional (doubly so on an enchanter)

Having more HPs to survive charm breaks is about the only thing you should concern yourself with IMO. Let the rest take care of itself

skarlorn
01-26-2018, 01:07 PM
if you charm solo a lot you need 200 CHA. once you have 200 CHA you want to get as much HP as possible

if you only group gear doesn't really matter. int gives you more casts, cha keeps your charms durable, and hp will let you not die as much.

Lhancelot
01-28-2018, 07:44 AM
The best robe ever on any enchanter is Miragul's Robe regardless of stats because it looks that good.