PDA

View Full Version : Macro to use my epic?

ddemers
01-24-2018, 03:24 PM
I just got the monk epic last night (only took 18 years + my first epic in eq), so now I need to constantly click this thing??

Is there a macro I can setup and attach it to Flying Kick or something?

SiouxNation
01-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Make the two hotkeys share an input?

ddemers
01-24-2018, 03:37 PM
To get the haste from my epic, I need to click on gloves that I am wearing. so every 5-6 seconds I am clicking the gloves, which is a pain.

I want to make a macro that does this for me, at the same time I can make that same macro do my flying Kick ability, so I can just press that macro every 5 seconds like I do now for Flying Kick.

Darguth
01-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Do you have a programmable mouse or keyboard? If so, setup a multi-keystroke input so that when you click the keyboard or mouse button, it executes two inputs consecutively and map those to Flying Kick and Epic.

Legidias
01-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Put it on hot bar. Put flying kick on hotbar. Go to options and make the two hotbar spots share the same key press (like Sioux said).

Its the same idea as people have when training sense heading or track, where they bind it to a movement key.

You cannot directly macro an item.

loramin
01-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Do you have a programmable mouse or keyboard? If so, setup a multi-keystroke input so that when you click the keyboard or mouse button, it executes two inputs consecutively and map those to Flying Kick and Epic.

That is actually against the server rules and could result in an actual ban (not just a suspension):

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Legodias/SiouxNation had it right:

Put it on hot bar. Put flying kick on hotbar. Go to options and make the two hotbar spots share the same key press

Darguth
01-24-2018, 04:49 PM
That is actually against the server rules and could result in an actual ban (not just a suspension):

Legodias/SiouxNation had it right:

Good to know. Odd that it would be a bannable offense to recreate functionality that the client's keybinding already allows apparently, though I assume it's just a No Tolerance stance so they don't have to quibble over what 3rd Party automation is allowed and what's not.

SiouxNation
01-24-2018, 04:56 PM
Sorry I left the details out, I assumed if you had epic you knew about the double hotkey trick. Thanks for clarifying everyone.

Qtip
01-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Make the two hotkeys share an input?

Do this. Set it to a key you use often(forward key, flying kick ect.)

Wfrench1234
01-24-2018, 08:35 PM
ITS been said to death in this thread but it is sound advice. Make flying kick and your epic share a hotkey. I put mine right next to my moment keys so I can do it ithout moving my hand.

ddemers
01-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Ok, that makes sense, thanks guys! I used this method to level up SH/Mend/FD/kick.

Sorry Sioux, I didnt understand you at first, but makes sense now.

Spyder73
01-25-2018, 04:27 PM
I just have Epic as "1" and Flying Kick as "2" and spam 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2

Sometimes if I am feeling saucy I put on my Epic robe and add in a '3'

Best macro u can possible make is an /autoattack off; FD; Sneak

Pretty sure I have flying kick macro'd to disarm as well

Raavak
01-25-2018, 05:00 PM
I also do:
3 disarm

spam 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3...

Wfrench1234