PDA

View Full Version : Falling for False Advertisement

spoof2424
01-22-2018, 12:18 PM
One year ago, a sweet boy looking to reignite his past Flame with EQ came to the scene. His vision was epic it came in the form of P99. It would not take long before he was reliving the dream of Monks pulling through v3lious dungeons and wizards summoning ice comets out of the sky.
But how epic was this to be?
Months had passed and level 60 was attained. Reunited with end game raiding was truly a sight to see. Serperant staffs, Ball-and-chains, staffs of the four, ragebringers, and who could forget bubbling fists(this little boy had a pair of those!). But the dream of P99 this boy gave into offered no bearings toward an epic end. No. He had chosen a magician as his PC. intrepid wishes of candid appearances should not be th3 foundation of a class.. Whats the 2h catch? There is none. Oh 👌 NP
moving past the fact epic was unobtainable and still wanting 255int with 100sv magic, the boy dove headfirst like a mole arising out of the ground with shaving cream on its face, when a 10 intellect belt was marked for his High Elf cool self. But what's this? You must follow Rinse and Erollisi Marr followers receive nothing similar? Wow big burn to dreams of that end game stat.
Luckily, a 10int ring was up for grabs in EC. feeling how close to awesome stats he was, the mage went forth with a purchase. Unthinkably this mage unfriened his female dragon friends that could have coaxed the mighty zlandicar to only nibble on her kitty, meaning spirit of garzicor would be a flavor of the week for them.
Female dragon friendless, pitted ringless, tunare non-following, epic dream shattered, pasty high elf.
If you want a bank full of end game items that belong to an NPC in exchange for ub4r loot, make High Elf Erollisi Mare magician. Otherwise keep dreaming of the Norath High Elf. Yes I know I cannot have that either, I'm used to it.

Rygar
01-22-2018, 12:26 PM
We already have one jakerees, this is a pale imitation.

Lhancelot
01-22-2018, 01:42 PM
We already have one jakerees, this is a pale imitation.

Wrong. You obviously seen the aesthetics of the prose on paper and never read one word of it.

OP may struggle with paragraphs but that is his only similarity to Jakerees.

This was an actual story that presented the OP's actual ingame experiences, and it was indeed melancholic as Spyder noted.

OP, just grind mobs for the next 12 months, save the plats and buy your mage epic if you really want it.

If it makes you feel any better, every mage to have gotten their epics quit playing their mages and reroll alts anyway. This might actually have simply quickened this process for you...

Wfrench1234
01-22-2018, 05:03 PM
More drugs or less. Need to find that sweet spot brother.

hyejin
01-22-2018, 05:18 PM
I liked that the protagonist was repeatedly described as a "boy" and "sweet boy"

skarlorn
01-22-2018, 05:45 PM
i really have to pee atm but will return to read this

Hetjan
01-22-2018, 06:32 PM
I may be the nutty flavored exception but ...

Have had my mage epic and stats as put forth by the OP for about a year now. I am Dark Elf and Agnostic. My SVM is way over that 100 goal you are seeking. My int could be max'd but I choose to use other gear as it seems to make more sense to have more saves and mana gear than 255 int.

My point, keep going to hate, make friends that go to hate, join guilds that live to hate. Eventually you will loot that earth staff. The rest all comes in time. In my case it took about 4-5 years but I didn't buy my epic and it still happened, ty btw Yoldi & Anonymous.

Also, I still play my mage a lot. He's my favorite toon. Keep up the hope and dream.

Evia
01-22-2018, 07:13 PM
I may be the nutty flavored exception but ...

Have had my mage epic and stats as put forth by the OP for about a year now. I am Dark Elf and Agnostic. My SVM is way over that 100 goal you are seeking. My int could be max'd but I choose to use other gear as it seems to make more sense to have more saves and mana gear than 255 int.

My point, keep going to hate, make friends that go to hate, join guilds that live to hate. Eventually you will loot that earth staff. The rest all comes in time. In my case it took about 4-5 years but I didn't buy my epic and it still happened, ty btw Yoldi & Anonymous.

Also, I still play my mage a lot. He's my favorite toon. Keep up the hope and dream.

inspired

Brandonian10
01-22-2018, 07:45 PM
I liked that the protagonist was repeatedly described as a "boy" and "sweet boy"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B14asZIPVP8

skarlorn
01-22-2018, 07:51 PM
2H catch the references

Yoink1986
01-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Def not true Lhancelot 😊 I got earth staff after 7months of hate farming last year and still play him everyday I’m on. Can’t get nuff of the mage.

spoof2424
01-23-2018, 02:18 AM
Rygar-pale comment caught by 2H. Well measured quip
Hyejin- ahhhh what more can I say other than I wish sweet boy comments came fromustache mercury not raw my little pony. Either way, you get a sideways laughing man.
Brandonian I am not clicking u tube out of fear, not hate.

The two mage stories inspire. When I collect a staff there are notes of stardom like The Weeknd is rapping to me "look what y'all got". But these notes are stopped short when boys awake from dreams. One sweet day.

EthanHawke
01-23-2018, 10:42 AM
You don't really own a mage epic til you do it on red, that's something special to whip out.

has peddling for red become kind of a joke with you, or are you seriously trying to recruit people there? i can't tell anymore