PDA

View Full Version : Beta Changes

Rogean
03-07-2011, 06:05 AM
You can now copy your character to beta by typing the /beta command on the live server. Typing it once will display information about the beta copy, what it will do, and how to execute it.

I apologize for wait in getting this working, but a lot of things had to be taken into consideration. It's not as simple as copying a character row, since you have to worry about conflicting character id's, conflicting names, same name on a different account, etc...

If you had created on beta that had the same name as a character on live:
If it's on the same account, it will be overwritten.
If it's on a different account, the beta copy will append x's to your character after a beta copy until it finds an available name.

Also now available is the ability to send tells across servers. You can do this by doing /tell beta.name or /tell live.name.

maverikstation
03-07-2011, 06:08 AM
great job ! that's better to want try beta server ;)

ElanoraBryght
03-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Very nice. Thanks Rogean!

Wartooth
03-07-2011, 06:53 AM
rogean... do you ahve insanly white hair that is very stand off ish with maybe a coldesac starting and side burns down to your jaw line.... cuz you're a freakin evil geneous when you come up with this stuff

maegi
03-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Well it works so great job! Beats the heck outta using the original copies from back in December ;p

Autotune
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
think ill try the beta out today :)

guineapig
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
You guys are so pro! :D

Conversing between servers is huge and the character copy is what most people have been claiming that's keeping them from beta testing.
Hopefully these features will encourage more testing and decrease the development time for Velious when the time comes to start testing it.

Odeseus
03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Hell yeah! The fact that my main was still in absolute crap gear and no where near 50 like he is on live was the #1 reason why I was not doing much in beta. If I have some free time tonite, I'm going to try this out.

Extunarian
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Rogen and crew

mitic
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
this is fantastic

Dantes
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice!

arsenalpow
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Is bind wound now working as intended as well? I've found that I can no longer /stand after triggering BW and have it work.

Rogean
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Is bind wound now working as intended as well? I've found that I can no longer /stand after triggering BW and have it work.

Droop
03-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Hells ya, thanks Rogean!

Any chance we could get cross-server tells w/ PEQ sometime? Would be sweet to be able to talk to my old friends on PEQ...specially if they could be added to the friend's list. Just a thought :). Thanks for your hard work!

Rogean
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
No; The cross server requires a connection to our backend process.

Tudana
03-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm getting this msg when I [betacopy]

"Please wait until we reconnect you with the universal chat service. Your request has not been sent"

Benebric
03-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Rogean has the best backend process

Droop
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
His backend process brings all the boys to the server
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I'd have to charge

Thanks for the info!

Haynar
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Rogean has the best backend services
Fixed your quote.

H

hayden
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Won't this effectively allow people to transfer an unlimited amount of valuable items/cash to the beta server? I don't think it will really matter, just curious if it's possible

guineapig
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Won't this effectively allow people to transfer an unlimited amount of valuable items/cash to the beta server? I don't think it will really matter, just curious if it's possible

Beta server money doesn't really matter. In 2 weeks it might even get wiped.

Rais
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I guess you could. It has a 24 hr wait to get back over.

No need for money to be on beta really. Can just sell res sticks/coffins to vendor since you get an unlimited supply. It helps to buy new spells and such.

It's not like some guy is gonna log over with 5 million plat and ruin beta. Everyone on there so far gives away items to help out.

Dantes
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
You could temporarily transfer items from a friend and copy your character to the beta server, but all that really does is give you more old-world items. But then what? You gotta move it to a mule over there. You can't sell any of it, it has no value there. Even if you did, your plat will poof when beta goes down or gets wiped after release. You could vendor it, but that would be kind of stupid. Again, what do you need the plat for? Nothing.

The only way I could see that benefiting anybody would be if you borrowed your friend's better equipment temporarily so you could /beta copy with it. But all that does is equip you with better old-world items, effectively making you better at beta testing because you have better gear. That's not a bad thing.