PDA

View Full Version : Is Eve Online fun?

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-06-2011, 05:10 AM
It looks fun.

Mini14
03-06-2011, 05:41 AM
It is a fuckin blast, minus the time spent training to fly the ships needed for PVP. Lots of time... ... ...(time-based skill training)

Battles with 500+ people on each side, lasting 6+ hours long, that will have your heart pounding- epic shit. I burnt myself out from it though- it doesn't have the replay value of EQ :p

Now a couple years later i find myself back playing EQ again with many $$$ of assets rotting in Molden Heath (carrier, dreadnought, and few battleships and countless inties/assault ships)...I keep telling myself i will go back someday...meh. P1999 is where it's at :D

zianlo1
03-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Ive got an orca pilot and 2 hulk accounts Id trade for some coin here in p99 =D only downside is they are inactive since this past december.

aggresor223
03-06-2011, 11:35 PM
EvE online is great, lots to do but you need to know people and or be in a decent corp. Watch out for scammers as it is "allowed", PM me if you ever want to get in to mining. I run a fleet most days, I can also run 4's for amarr.

Edit: The graphics are some of the best imo if you can run it on full settings

zianlo1
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
What corp you in Aggressor? I was out in nullsec with the Wildly Inappropriate alliance when I stopped logging in =P

aggresor223
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Nothing big, I was apart of the daemon alliance at one time with my corp when I had first joined in null sec. Shortly after joining, we moved out of null sec. At the time I was fairly young and had maybe 5-6mil SP, wish I was there now honestly =D The rocks get boring after awhile, but ya can't beat the money. Also got through another hulkaggedon with no loss of ships =D so I am happy about that!

zianlo1
03-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Nice! I fly my orca out for mining, but it does get boring after a couple hours, which is when I bust out my harbi for some pvp or Abaddon (cuz its a beasty ship) for missions. But I was still working on my large turret specilization when it expired, so meh.

aggresor223
03-07-2011, 02:07 AM
My fiancée has an orca and a hulk account, she can also fly a paladin. That ship is crazy good. They recently took out the learning skills and gave a huge boost to all attributes to make up for the learning skills. So, if you had an account, you have whatever you put in to learning waiting to be trained to something else.(it would get you large spec ez, I had like 5 mil SP to divvy out. They also just redid the char creation and it turned out nice.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the replies all. Maybe I can afford another monumental addiction in my life. Way past the hat trick on that score anyway, why not?

Akame
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I've heard it said by one critic that eve players are to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

Juuuust sayin'

StinkyGreenBud
03-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Mining is for women.

zianlo1
03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
lol @ the eve is to nerds comment. Its pretty true though tbh, theres a ton of research and planning that goes into doing well in EVE. If you go in just randomly tossing skillpoints in places, you wont lose anything except time. Which, with EVE is everything =P

And yeah, I had all lvl 5 learnings, including the t2 ones, I had roughly 5.5 million sp to spread out. I tossed most of it into leadership and some industry for ore types to be able to compress them once I roll out with my Rorqual. Not anytime soon, but soonish after I get back to Eve someday. Im only about 30days out from full trained Rorq, so eventually.

The paladin is beast too btw. Amarr ships > all imo, but I did cross train into Min and fly an ashimuu and working towards a Bhaalrhag (sp??) cuz that ship is fucking pimp. Blood Raider ships are fucking beasty when flying against other amaar or any ship that uses cap for their main focus.

Went on longer than I meant to, woops....

to0p
03-07-2011, 11:12 PM
one game i would definitely pay for to play

still got an account with over 3B ISK, ran 2 successful corps, one investment bank, made a lot of ppl billionaires and millionaires.

trading was a fun aspect for me, and there are a lot of other branches you can focus in.