PDA

View Full Version : getting better and better (cool new sound)

bled12345
03-05-2011, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY-AMzUYOek

getting sicker at electronica every day haha

Hasbinbad
03-05-2011, 05:03 AM
I like the lead.
I like how not every single 2 and 4 has a clap; more variation like that, while keeping the "ghost feel" of the 2 and 4 is awesome imho..
I like the high hat drag.

Unsolicited advice - take it or leave it:
Add an extra bass sound for most of the 1s and 3s, something deeper and more evil? Try and blend the bass sounds where they overlap via mixing the gain down on the current bass sound.
Up the tempo; i like that you are going for the slower downtempo vibe, but it drags a bit.
Add moar soundz!! Some ambient twinkles, some extra percussion, maybe some other stabs? I like the simplicity, but your soundscape is kind of barren.

Lots of progress altogether tho, sounds cool as fuck!

bled12345
03-05-2011, 05:38 AM
hahahah thanks man! That means alot!!! I haven't actually been working on any tracks really the past few weeks, been busy as hell, but the time I have spent I've been researching synths, and getting the best VST /VSTi's I can, and learning the shit out of them and everything they can do.

This track I posted I spent about 30 minutes on making the bass sound sick, and about 10 minutes actually putting it together hahaha. I was just proud as fuck of how awesome it was so I wanted to share it ;) Definitely needs way more layers to sound rich and like a full song. I really appreciate the advice, and the kind words <3

I'm getting there! Give it a few more months and maybe you'll see me touring around NA ;)