PDA

View Full Version : Deep Learning for EQ

Hueborn
12-10-2017, 07:16 AM
I like to click on videos on Youtube about A.I. Deep learning, and presentations about new graphics cards. GPU architectures driving deep learning research blah blah blah.

To me the coolest thing ever would be a research department or some students taking on the challenge of machine learning for Everquest.

I watched a video of an A.I. beating all the top players at DOTA2 awhile ago. It doesn't seem unreasonable that they could do the same for Everquest. Also it being a socially complex game with guild structures, groups and raid scenarios, it could yield some magical results.

It's also reasonably accessible, the live game is floundering, it could be something big for daybreak(if they cared lol). If they let snake oil salesman David Georgeson capitalize on world building hype with the whole Landmark Ponzi scheme, making a game, to build your game(that was a good one btw, lol) maybe the team is up for radical ideas.

They can look all scientific, advancing revolutionary A.I. Deep Learning, provide hype for their live game, draw attention to the emulation side, already set up and ready to go.

Ultimately this culminates into my super secret master plan. A full version Single Player Everquest Classic + Kunark/Velious on Steam. A game with A.I. driven Group members. A new command /park is introduced. This "Parks" your character in world, return to character select, create or switch to a new character. Go back into game, walk to parked character, have them join group. This party member is a Deep learned machine of greatness.

Now there is some re-balancing necessary for spawn timers, drop rates to reflect the single player world. You also of course need some granular control over the A.I> so clerics don't piss away gems healing tanks, selecting main tanks, establishing cleric chain healing orders, and some stuff like that, no big deal.

Oh, then a detailed in-game wiki that reads like a lovely crafted fan fair of the game guiding the player and pointing out changes made for single player like historic foot notes, paying respect to the heroes that came before.

Please. I promise I'll never play another game.

aMindAmok
12-10-2017, 10:40 AM
https://imgur.com/G9M31SR

xKoopa
12-10-2017, 03:45 PM
If you want to play single player everquest with bots, you can already do that

Hueborn
12-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Ugh bummer..

Nobody gets it.

Oh well.

later.

Pokesan
12-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Ugh bummer..

Nobody gets it.

Oh well.

later.

i think it would take a crazy amount of iterations for the healer bot to realize when is the right time to heal the melee bot without getting killed itself

not that i read your post

Hueborn
12-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Bots are crappy. Deep learning, is something totally different. Nobody read what i wrote.

Why comment at all?

You think Bots are driving around Telsa's self driving cars?

Or That it was a Bot that beat all the top players at DOTA2?

Never mind , your not reading. so I'll take the liberty of saying some stuff, soon as you ppl can't read, and aren't reading. TL:DR #lolrip social media Husks. So I'll use my muted mic to sing, fuck off. I mean,,epic child man douche level 1000x. so, fuck you asshole. If you need to shit on posts you dont read,, I'll be sure to call you a douche bag fuck. Now go report me, cuz thats what bitch whiney kids who can't read do, tell teacher. Dumb fuck.

maskedmelon
12-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Bots are crappy. Deep learning, is something totally different. Nobody read what i wrote.

Why comment at all?

Never mind , your not reading. so I'll take the liberty of saying some stuff, soon as you ppl can't read, and aren't reading. TL:DR #lolrip social media Husks. So I'll use my muted mic to sing, fuck off. I mean,,epic child man douche level 1000x. so, fuck you asshole. If you need to shit on posts you dont read,, I'll be sure to call you a douche bag fuck. Now go report me, cuz thats what bitch whiney kids who can't read do, tell teacher. Dumb fuck.

Will you speak to an liek this too please? i saw your op earlier and it concerned me, but seeing as nobody had responded and you seemed pretty enthused, i didn't want to dampen your spirits.

Pokesan
12-10-2017, 11:50 PM

Why comment at all?

saved

hyejin
12-11-2017, 02:56 PM
memegenerator.gov

Hueborn
12-11-2017, 09:21 PM
saved

Good to remember.

You are a dick. You comment on thing's you don't read. You need to change.You are a fuck up.

Print it and put it on your fridge, if it really helps you change, it'll be worth it.

Eat shit.

Hueborn
12-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Will you speak to an liek this too please? i saw your op earlier and it concerned me, but seeing as nobody had responded and you seemed pretty enthused, i didn't want to dampen your spirits.

This isn't even a readable statement.

Will you speak to an liek this too please? << wtf. Take your meds.

Go away.

You guys have obviously spent to much time pandering to these 5000+ post douche-bags. Afraid of their in game guild or something? What a sad social environment this is.

Retards that know nothing about latest main stream tech, know nothing about the GPU deep learning card that sits in their PC this very moment.

All I get it,

Duh, "We got bots, duh"

And Duh, it's a social game, play with ppl.\

R u fucking kiddie me, play with you people. Get bitched at because you invite a ranger to gorup and it doesn't meet your XP per second model. Shit community.

I thought a shard community, that has to install some stuff to play the game,, might at least be familiar with windows explorer. If you can't see the implications of deep learning in EQ you're a waste of my time.

Now get fuck out of my thread, stop posting for your fucking post count you social freak.

Pokesan
12-11-2017, 09:52 PM
i thought deep learning was the thing where mario jumps around randomly until the bot manages to accidentally complete the level

also, lurk more

Jimjam
12-12-2017, 04:40 AM
i thought deep learning was the thing where mario jumps around randomly until the bot manages to accidentally complete the level

also, lurk more

Sounds like deep autism, so I guess that makes it compatiable with p99.

NachtMystium
12-13-2017, 07:58 AM
Soooo, I read your post op and I've come to the conclusion that you want bots to learn how to auto attack in eq?

stormlord
12-13-2017, 07:48 PM
OP makes excellent pitch for better EQ. Somebody bitches. Don't argue with dumb people OP, you know how that goes. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Baler
12-13-2017, 08:07 PM
for the record,. Recording your gameplay and having an AI learn from it to play for you was my idea.

---
This isn't just EQ, and we will see a day where games play themselves (as some already do) as a feature.

I've conjured this idea since the early 1990's in the, late, arcades.

kb2005
12-13-2017, 08:41 PM
OP you watch 3Blue1Brown on youtube?
He's got a a couple of videos on neural networks you might enjoy.

Also: You're getting trolled. 'Couple of the kids in this thread are professional shitposters :B
Just FYI.