PDA

View Full Version : Druid chanter duo

Borgadon
12-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Looking to find a less populated place to duo mid 50s. Chardok hasn't been bad hard to get a dog for druid charm at time. Any other suggestions

LuckyBones
12-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Bear pit?

zodium
12-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Plane of Mischief!

bankspace
12-05-2017, 04:52 PM
solb efreeti

skarlorn
12-05-2017, 04:55 PM
kedge

Legidias
12-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Chardok hasn't been bad hard to get a dog

neanadin
12-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Kael Drakkel with two hasted weaponized wolves you can blow through Giants but you are very likely to die in charm breaks without a Cleric to CH top off pets. Bad EXP but you can farm faction and armor this way.

You can weaponize the wolves? I've never been able to, did they change something?

loramin
12-05-2017, 08:44 PM
I don't know about animals in general, but awhile back there was a lot of discussion about Shaman pets (which are wolves, or at least wolf-like) and their inability to wield weapons on P99. Many players (myself included) remember giving our pets weapons as far back as Luclin, so that seemed like a mistake.

It turned out though that the research showed Shaman pets didn't get the ability to wield weapons until sometime in Luclin, so in fact they aren't supposed to wield in classic. The wolves in Kael might be the same.

zodium
12-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Should be able to. It wasn't until PoP they flagged animals as non weapon wielders. It's possible P99 doesn't have it correct at the moment though.

Animal bodies on P99 only have face slots, presumably for muzzles? Definitely no weapons or most haste item slots.

Arkanjil
12-06-2017, 02:34 AM
Animal bodies on P99 only have face slots, presumably for muzzles? Definitely no weapons or most haste item slots.

Hmmm...wonder when this nerf happened...there was specifically a time on this server where that was possible for shaman pets to dual wield.

Jimjam
12-06-2017, 02:55 AM
I don't know about animals in general, but awhile back there was a lot of discussion about Shaman pets (which are wolves, or at least wolf-like) and their inability to wield weapons on P99. Many players (myself included) remember giving our pets weapons as far back as Luclin, so that seemed like a mistake.

It turned out though that the research showed Shaman pets didn't get the ability to wield weapons until sometime in Luclin, so in fact they aren't supposed to wield in classic. The wolves in Kael might be the same.

I always thought shaman pets being unable to wield weapns was a misconception based on the fact their models didn't physically displayed models. Perhaps there was a time before my shaman was pet enabled when the pupup actually didn't use weapons as your research apparently evidences.

Sensory
12-06-2017, 03:11 AM
yea solb, druid charms sonic bat. u charm the imps, bats proc stun and imp backstabs for like 350

Maliant
12-06-2017, 03:13 AM
Chardok is a way better bet than all of those velious suggestions. General rule of thumb is that velious mobs have more hp than kunark and old world counterparts. You ideally want to find the most concentrated amount of low hp blue mobs to blow through in a given cycle / hour. This is why zones like the hole are so great. KC as you know is way overcamped so you will get probably 1/10th the exp and mobs.

Plane of Mischief will be a great place to go eventually. Once you are there you won't want to change your bind though. A CoTH generally runs 4k a person these days, maybe you can get a nice mage to hook you up with a 2 for 1 special or something.

You really won't make money there until both of you are 60 and can duo the puppets. They double for 400's but rarely can drop the thrones for the upper tier item combinations. These thrones sell for up to 40k a piece and it is probably one of the most lucrative camps in the game for a duo.

It's also a great place to be bound because it has a zone out to Cobalt Scar so you can bank in SS or quickly run to ToV or Kael for raids. There are also recharge merchants in the rat maze below so it is very convenient for my monk.

Speaking of the rat maze, there are a ton of wandering 40ish level rats in the basement with low hp. They do social agro but their radius is pretty small and there are many safe cubbies to pull them to. I easily solo'd the rats on both my Monk and Necro. I've very rarely seen people exp there as I don't think PoM has a great exp modifier, Chardok is probably still quite a bit better, but if you are looking for something different that is an option. They also rarely drop the knights that sell for about 1k a piece so you can still make a little coin there.

If you do go to PoM you probably won't ever want to change your bind spot, so you really won't be able to exp anywhere else, so it's a commitment for sure =)

Qtip
12-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Chardok is a way better bet than all of those velious suggestions. General rule of thumb is that velious mobs have more hp than kunark and old world counterparts. You ideally want to find the most concentrated amount of low hp blue mobs to blow through in a given cycle / hour. This is why zones like the hole are so great. KC as you know is way overcamped so you will get probably 1/10th the exp and mobs.

Plane of Mischief will be a great place to go eventually. Once you are there you won't want to change your bind though. A CoTH generally runs 4k a person these days, maybe you can get a nice mage to hook you up with a 2 for 1 special or something.

You really won't make money there until both of you are 60 and can duo the puppets. They double for 400's but rarely can drop the thrones for the upper tier item combinations. These thrones sell for up to 40k a piece and it is probably one of the most lucrative camps in the game for a duo.

It's also a great place to be bound because it has a zone out to Cobalt Scar so you can bank in SS or quickly run to ToV or Kael for raids. There are also recharge merchants in the rat maze below so it is very convenient for my monk.

Speaking of the rat maze, there are a ton of wandering 40ish level rats in the basement with low hp. They do social agro but their radius is pretty small and there are many safe cubbies to pull them to. I easily solo'd the rats on both my Monk and Necro. I've very rarely seen people exp there as I don't think PoM has a great exp modifier, Chardok is probably still quite a bit better, but if you are looking for something different that is an option. They also rarely drop the knights that sell for about 1k a piece so you can still make a little coin there.

If you do go to PoM you probably won't ever want to change your bind spot, so you really won't be able to exp anywhere else, so it's a commitment for sure =)

Get OT hammer before spending the money and making Pom your bind.