PDA

View Full Version : What small changes would you make to the unpopular classes?

port9001
11-21-2017, 12:03 PM
The other night I used /who to generate a graph of class popularity, which showed that the least popular classes are: Wizard, Ranger, Paladin, SK, Rogue, and Warrior (in order of least played). This got me thinking of what small changes could be made to these classes that might make them as popular as the other classes (which were Druid, Enchanter, Shaman, Bard, Magician, Monk, Cleric in order of most played).

So here's the challenge. Take those bottom 6 classes and tweak them as little as possible to solve their pain points and bring them in line.

By the way, this is not in any way a plea to actually make any changes to P99. I acknowledge and respect the goals of this server, which means having the classes be this way, even if it means they will never be as popular. This is just for fun and to inspire some discussion about some of the less popular classes.

Here are my thoughts:

Wizard

Controversial change but I'd move the mana regen line of spells from Enchanter to Wizard, giving them a popular group buff. Enchanters would still be extremely good with mez, the best haste, and of course their superior charming ability.

Ranger

Refocus the class into a sustained ranged DPS role by moving the double damage to unrooted, unmoving targets special ability they get at 51 to level 1. Then rebalance bows so they don't do half the weapon damage that other weapons do. Would probably need to adjust some of the higher damaging bows as a result.

Finally, make it so each time an arrow hits a mob it's added to its loot table, allowing Rangers to recover some of their arrows.

Paladin

Make Paladins the truly sword and board defensive class. Allow their shield bashes to stun for more length than the other bashing classes and give them the Block ability as long as they are wearing a shield.

Shadow Knight

Shadow knights feel like they are in a good place, I'm not sure why they are so unpopular. Possibly because their epic is so difficult?

One change that comes to mind as a fun change is making them the kings of procs. They already have some self buffed proc effects, make them more powerful and trigger twice as often. It would be neat if SKs were more of a self reliant tank that only needed light healing due to their self heals.

Rogue

Make poisons stronger and cheaper! Poison should be a primary ability of rogues, not just an expensive distraction that isn't useful in normal group combat. This would give them some fun utility and combat considerations for each fight.

Warrior

I haven't played warrior much so I can't comment too deeply, they seem to be popular enough, especially at the high end. One idea I had was to give Warriors a short duration sprint ability. This would be really useful on a class that otherwise lacks any sort of utility. They would be good pullers indoors and it would let them stay ahead of mobs at low levels. In a lot of ways I feel like the Monk treads on Warrior's shoes so it's hard to think of changes that don't just make the Warrior more into a Monk (self only heal, for example).

loramin
11-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Bard

Remove 25 mob cap on PBAE songs.

Someone is bitter that they can't ruin the fun for every other player in the zone ...

Legidias
11-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Wizard = spell criticals, nuff said.

Spyder73
11-21-2017, 12:25 PM
make necro dots stacks (or all dots for that matter)

make enchanter charm HUMANOID ONLY (no undead/animals)

remove level caps on Bard mez/charm

give wizards Clarity line of spells

give Pally/SK defensive disciple so they can tank like a warrior

increase warrior damage on the lower end, top end they are basically monks already

rogues are fine

rework bow damage for Rangers and maybe some lower level ports

do this and all of a sudden P99 is incredibly well balanced and every class is welcomed

Loke
11-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Give bards their long duration charm back. We had it in classic, but was removed because "not classic". Would add a whole new layer to the class.

I'm indifferent about the AE kiting personally. Think it was an unnecessary change, but I also think circle kiting is about as entertaining as watching grass grow.

Making harmony usable in indoor zones would be stupidly OP, but it would ungimp druid and rangers.

Some of the AAs did a lot to define classes too. Fading memories, shroud of stealth, and mana burn weren't too OP, but added a lot to those classes.

But really, the long duration charm for bards is #1. Plus, I think it is only fair since they took away kiting. A little give and take devs.. come on!

Spyder73
11-21-2017, 12:35 PM
I think charming would be much better if...

Druid = Animals

Necro = Undead

Enchanter = humanoids

Bards = can charm anything but short duration

Goes with the flavor of jack of all trades, master of none

Amyas
11-21-2017, 12:39 PM
AA's with custom content that fits Velious, Kunark, and orginal EQ. Nothing past level 60.

CyricTheMad420
11-21-2017, 12:43 PM
i appreciate the idea of p99 and that we are going for a classic experience but what are the odds p99 might ever get some upgrades and fixes like this? i think it would be great minimal change for alot of value.

Spyder73
11-21-2017, 12:50 PM
i appreciate the idea of p99 and that we are going for a classic experience but what are the odds p99 might ever get some upgrades and fixes like this? i think it would be great minimal change for alot of value.

There is no way possible this will happen unless they open a new server that is "classic reimagined" and is classic EQ the way it "should have been". Blue is, and I imagine will always be, a museum/civil war reenactment.

Muggens
11-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Bard

Remove 25 mob cap on PBAE songs.

Agree - same goes for pbae wiz nukes - add crit to Wiz too. Clarity spell line dont fit into the wizard hat.

Nerf monks and other melee classes will get more luv ;p

Lojik
11-21-2017, 01:48 PM
I think for wizards, just reduce recast time on harvest 3 ticks every level. That means at level 60 you can recast every 2.2 minutes.

Nixtar
11-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Also "ruins the fun for everyone else in the zone"... lol. Bards swarmed in the worst zones like Overthere and South Karana. They're terrible zones for standard play. Go to a dungeon instead and let Bards enjoy outdoor zones.

False. Our apologies to all the poor bards for disrupting your disruption of zones which you consider "yours" because swarming is a class mechanic.

loramin
11-21-2017, 02:17 PM
There is no way possible this will happen unless they open a new server that is "classic reimagined" and is classic EQ the way it "should have been". Blue is, and I imagine will always be, a museum/civil war reenactment.

The one point I'd make about that is Green. Once Green is released it will be the true "museum/civil war reenactment", so it seems possible that when that happens (2020?) Blue might be re-imagined in some way. Most likely though it would just be new custom zones, with very little change to the classic stuff.

Release Luclin and PoP. Fixes most class issues.

Also "ruins the fun for everyone else in the zone"... lol. Bards swarmed in the worst zones like Overthere and South Karana. They're terrible zones for standard play. Go to a dungeon instead and let Bards enjoy outdoor zones.

I don't play a bard, but you can't you still AoE with only 25 mobs?

I don't know you. I'm reasonably certain you don't know me.

I had fun with this classic mechanic and never had any negative interactions with other players because of it.

You're right, I don't know you or your experiences ... but the simple fact is AoEing in classic (especially for the majority of players, who were on modems) had risks that it doesn't on P99. We saw what happened when it was left un-checked here: both Overthere (a lot of the time) and Chardok (all of the time) were all but unplayable for non-AoErs.

Nagoya
11-21-2017, 02:17 PM
The other night I used /who to generate a graph of class popularity, which showed that the least popular classes are: Wizard, Ranger, Paladin, SK, Rogue, and Warrior (in order of least played). This got me thinking of what small changes could be made to these classes that might make them as popular as the other classes (which were Druid, Enchanter, Shaman, Bard, Magician, Monk, Cleric in order of most played).

So here's the challenge. Take those bottom 6 classes and tweak them as little as possible to solve their pain points and bring them in line.

By the way, this is not in any way a plea to actually make any changes to P99. I acknowledge and respect the goals of this server, which means having the classes be this way, even if it means they will never be as popular. This is just for fun and to inspire some discussion about some of the less popular classes.

It's too bad nobody understood your topic Port9001 lol.

I, too, love /who all count and population statistics, however a "less popular" class does not necessarily mean it is less strong. Exemple of this is warrior/rogues, which are two very strong classes, but with a very specific role that does not catter to everyone. On the other hand, Necros and Druids are very popular because they're very independent classes able to solo/duo easily, but they aren't exactly overpowered.

That being said, let's play your game! here is my take:

Wizard: add a quest line akin to the Magician Focus items that would be some kinf of Solist's Icy Wand, in order to give Wizards some sustained DPS mana-free in a group, so they can use mana to root/stun/DS while still nuking every mob pulled by their group. Doing so they "don't need" the clarity line of spells...

Ranger: either rework archery to be a legit way to do sustained DPS, or make Harmony useable indoor... or give them the Ring series of druid teleports (aka the self-only ones), which wouldn't make them better per se, but more fun. The class is fine really.

Paladin: not sure. i think the class is boring too, but not underpowered... that being said it is a mix of warriors and clerics, two arguably boring classes to start with :p Maybe give them some kind of hard-coded ability à la Warrior's Berzerk that would increase their HP regen when on low life, some kind of blessing from their gods that would make them feel even more invicible?

Shadow Knight: it is a very strong and fun class as it is :) i think the obvious upgrade would be on Harm Touch, making it much harder to resist, and/or on smaller timer (that would be known if possible hehe)

Rogue: I agree with making Poisons easier to use! Also maybe increasing the speed of Hide & Sneak movement slightly... Would also be fun to have other Illusion masks for the other races implemented as quests/loot.

Warrior: Warrior is great 1-30 and 52+... the middle grind is absolutely awful... a little "sprint" ability à la Mend would definitely be nice... Adding a 'Taunt' element to Warrior's Kicks and Bashes and Slams could help a bit on aggro... A race-based questline that gives to each and every race of warriors a clickable necklace or other items that gate them back to their starting city? Some kind of Call for Help! from their original guildmaster... Rogues have H&S, Monks and SKs have FD, Paladins have Lull, Root, IVU... but Warriors really have nothing to get out of a no exit dungeon or other tricky spots, so sooome kind of escape item that woul be inherent to the class (as opposed to OT Hammer, Shaman Pots, Misty Thicket Port Cap, etc.) could make it more fun? otherwise more taunt/dps and it's super fine.

CyricTheMad420
11-21-2017, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=loramin;2612642]The one point I'd make about that is Green. Once Green is released it will be the true "museum/civil war reenactment", so it seems possible that when that happens (2020?) Blue might be re-imagined in some way. Most likely though it would just be new custom zones, with very little change to the classic stuff.

so green will become the new blue? does that mean they will take blue farther with xpacs?

Loke
11-21-2017, 02:31 PM
False. Our apologies to all the poor bards for disrupting your disruption of zones which you consider "yours" because swarming is a class mechanic.

Been to Burning Wood recently? Or DL? Or how about Chardok and Skyfire? These are the zones that we're primarily used by bards and AE groups, and 99% of the time they're ghost towns these days. Pretty much the only zone where bards and other classes clashed was OT, and OT is a garbage zone for leveling anyway.

The reason we have these nerfs isn't because of zone disruption, it's because a bunch of whiny assholes spend entirely too much time concerned with how others play the game. Its the same reason we have draconian raid rules.

NegaStoat
11-21-2017, 02:31 PM
In comparison to necros and enchanters, to me the magician and wizard always felt like 3/5 of a class each in their total spell range and utility. Both of them got screwed by Verant. I'd either like to see both classes gain a better range of ability or simply merge the two classes into one with a trimming of their combined spells but retain the pet.

Not a small change, I know. It's still the truth however. Both classes are lackluster. And as far as bards go, the players of that class need to ask themselves a single question.
"What single class was the source of the most petitions that the GM's had to sort through?" - The players brought this squarely on themselves.

loramin
11-21-2017, 02:34 PM
so green will become the new blue? does that mean they will take blue farther with xpacs?

I guess that depends on what you mean by the "new blue". "Green" (not the staff's name for it) will presumably be a 100% classic (to the limits of the P99 team) server which progresses with patches and expansions along the exact same timeline as live once did. The one exception to this that I've heard of is that certain items which are removed at some point in the timeline (eg. mana orbs) might be removed from the beginning.

At the end of Green something will happen to all of the characters and it will reset and repeat (it's also sometimes called the "recycle server"). The characters might be deleted, moved to Blue ... no one knows. Blue will still be what it is today: the server where even the character you made 8 years ago is still around.

But no, no further expansions are likely. The staff has made their disdain for Luclin (et all) very clear.

Jaxon
11-21-2017, 02:34 PM
The problem with wizards is that they do horrible sustained damage over time and are therefore not desirable in groups.

I would add a new direct damage line of spells that must be cast in melee range, have medium cast times, and have reduced aggro modifiers. Spells having these attributes would make them feasible in groups but difficult to use to kite or solo. These spells would have damage to mana ratios of 7 and above that would raise a wizard's sustained DPS to be comparable with meele and pet classes.

Nagoya
11-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Man you're right. I skimmed it and replied. My bad. Seeing bard in the most popular is surprising to me. I'm often the only bard on our raids.

Do the statistics include the hordes of level 5 bard bank alts?

heh, I know I usually do my /who all ____ count with level 6 60 so that removes all the guild inviting officers, EC mules, Bank mules, will-quit-in-one-week new characters, etc... Can't vouch for Port9001 tho!

Jimjam
11-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Wizard
Make rain spells work properly.

This was my first thought. I feel the druation stuns should last longer too.

Related to stuns, apparently bash/slam (melee stuns) were meant to generate similar aggro to their spell counterparts, but the coding was broke and the devs didnt realise until circa Dragons of Norrath (so it never got fixed).

If melee stun worked as intended warriors/sk/paladin could sword and board much more convincingly as they'd have both a 'take aggro' (taunt) button and a 'boost aggro' (bash) button that didn't rely on spell effect aggro. Having the tanks be so much more effective aggro makers would open up the game more for classes with very frontloaded aggro, like wizards (and those poor, downtrodden shamans/encs :P).

branamil
11-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Wizard
This class has strayed too far away from its roots, lore wise. It would be more spectacular to remove the piddly machine gun nukes, and give them one big nuke. Once per hour they can cast Sun Comet, which lands for say, 10,000 damage.

Hybrids, Ranger, Paladin, Shadow Knight

These hybrids are tainted by being half warrior, another very unpopular class. They should all have their Armor Class reduced by 50% to be less associated with Warriors. Rangers can be given Illusion: Tree, to delight the crowd and get more group invites. Paladin Spells should work only during the day, and Shadow Knight Spells should work only at night. More people would be drawn to these classes for the roleplaying opportunities.

Rogue

This class is too tedious to play, sometimes having to press Backstab AND evade in a single fight. To alleviate this , Rogues should be given Autobackstab and Autoevade.

Nixtar
11-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Been to Burning Wood recently? Or DL? Or how about Chardok and Skyfire? These are the zones that we're primarily used by bards and AE groups, and 99% of the time they're ghost towns these days. Pretty much the only zone where bards and other classes clashed was OT, and OT is a garbage zone for leveling anyway.

The reason we have these nerfs isn't because of zone disruption, it's because a bunch of whiny assholes spend entirely too much time concerned with how others play the game. Its the same reason we have draconian raid rules.

Oh, for sure, I like playing a monk and pull. So I pull a lot of mobs to group and FD. To save time I prefer to bring at least 20 mobs at a time. I have no idea why everyone get upset! This is just how I like to play my monk. I even pull to groups who I'm not grouped with to help them save time!

For some reason they seem to gate out and leave a corpse behind. I don't see why the zones I play in turns into ghost towns. :confused:

-

On that note, add melody, spell crits for wiz, endless quiver to rangers(least see *some* use for kewl fletching). That's it.

Triiz
11-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Do the statistics include the hordes of level 5 bard bank alts?

It must. There is no way in hell there are more Bard's actively playing at any given time than Monks on this server.

For example, right now /w all count bard 20 60 shows 26 players, /w all monk count 20 60 shows 52 players so there's double the amount of monks vs. bards levels 20 - 60. There's 17 bards on at the moment that are below level 20.

Ennewi
11-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Ranger

Included as a plate-wearing class but, once equipped, plate armor would disallow the ability to duel wield. With defense skills equal to SK/Pal, Rangers would be ideal group tanks in outdoor zones and have even more survivability when pulling.

Paladin

Make Paladins the truly sword and board defensive class.

Agreed. As an alternative to the epic quest, give paladins an epic 1hs and shield that, only when wielded together, give a passive effect or duel proc effects that are complimentary such as decrease fire resist and a fire-based dd.

After level 50, give equipped shields a chance to decrease or deflect double attack / mobs that quad, making them better ramp tanks.

Discipline "Self Sacrifice"
Upon death, Paladin gives off an AoE rune to nearby group members.

Shadow Knight

A spell that allows them to steal mana over time and have it transfer to whoever has the least amount of mana in group or distribute it evenly to all other members of the group.

Discipline "Miserable Companion"
When SK dies, a window will pop up in a random group member's screen granting them a chance to feign death but only in the vicinity of the SK's corpse. The farther the group member is from the SK's corpse, the greater chance FD will fail because misery loves company.

Discipline "Last Laugh"
Upon death, SK gives off an AoE debuff to nearby mobs. Similar to those gd sailfish in Kedge but not resistible or a dd.

plasma1010
11-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Is SK unpopular ? I love my SK I wouldnt play any other class. The HP is the only downside

Ennewi
11-21-2017, 04:58 PM
I, too, love /who all count and population statistics, however a "less popular" class does not necessarily mean it is less strong. Exemple of this is warrior/rogues, which are two very strong classes, but with a very specific role that does not catter to everyone. On the other hand, Necros and Druids are very popular because they're very independent classes able to solo/duo easily, but they aren't exactly overpowered.

Obvious member of <Kittens Who Say Meow>...

Ranger: either rework archery to be a legit way to do sustained DPS, or make Harmony useable indoor... or give them the Ring series of druid teleports (aka the self-only ones), which wouldn't make them better per se, but more fun. The class is fine really.

Self-only would be cool, cutting down on time spent during corpse runs. Maybe self-only ports to the unused Druid ruins like the ones in Gfay and Nektulos.

Shadow Knight: it is a very strong and fun class as it is :) i think the obvious upgrade would be on Harm Touch, making it much harder to resist, and/or on smaller timer (that would be known if possible hehe)

Or incorporate a discipline that causes HT to act as a lifetap as well.

Warrior: ...A race-based questline that gives to each and every race of warriors a clickable necklace or other items that gate them back to their starting city? Some kind of Call for Help! from their original guildmaster...

Or guild questlines for nodrop clickies with twice as many charges that are rechargeable with the use of mana batteries, saving them bagspace that most other 5-10 charge clickies take up.

Nagoya
11-21-2017, 09:40 PM
lol sorry English is my third language ;) isn't that something we can say "doesn't catter to <someone>" !? (I'm not in Kittens hehe)

Ranger specific self-TP to abandoned druid rings would be neat indeed! I also like the lifetap Harm Touch, wouldn't make it that much better but that would definitely give it a little more punch.

mickmoranis
11-21-2017, 10:18 PM
I want a version of a ranger, that is more like a bard and designed around doing single target DPS "songs" that are them actually using a bow and arrow instead of a guitar.

mickmoranis
11-21-2017, 10:20 PM
I think charming would be much better if...

Druid = Animals

Necro = Undead

Enchanter = humanoids

Bards = can charm anything but short duration

Goes with the flavor of jack of all trades, master of none

I totally hate your changes, but agree they would be more balanced and make a huge amount of sense.

Snagglepuss
11-21-2017, 11:26 PM
I think some of the class balance issues could be fixed with better itemization. This would avoid having to dramatically change a class role or lore. As Kunark arrived (and later with epics), monks and rogues got sick items that weren't necessarily hard to acquire (or even that uncommon). On P99 these classes are just so well twinked and itemized that it makes other classes look horrible when in reality I don't think the gap would have been as noticeable on a normal timeline for most players.

Wizard- There's really nothing in between a Solist's clicky and a rend robe. At least mages get a burnt wood staff. I think if there were a mid level clicky then it would help with the lack of sustained dps for groups. Right click wand or robe that does like 400 dmg. Maybe a mid-level wand that does 150 dmg. Long cast times on both (12 sec or so)

Warrior- I remember vanilla and kunark were pretty horrible for agro weapons. And it didn't help on P99 that nearly every monk and rogue had amazing gear. Besides when geared with top-end stuff, a warrior was a horribly inconsistent group tank compared to a pally or SK. There wasn't a lot in between a sarnak warhammer / whip and a RMoY and BOTBDE / VP / Epics. Monks got T staffs and adamantite clubs, and warriors got the decent agro weapons they could get removed. Velious addresses this somewhat with infestation, frostbringer, etc, but still nothing like BOTDE was easily attainable for a grouping warrior. Also maybe, something like a warrior only hate clicky (similar to the root net) with a cool down would have been nice and put them on par with disease cloud spamming SKs and blind / stunning pallies.

Rangers- I would make bow dps better either through mechanics, adding a backstab type bow based attack, or better itemization. I liked how in Vanguard that rangers could charm animals too. I think that's a cool lore thing that would help them add dps to groups. Imagine a ranger charming a direwolf or a chokidai and helping with group dps.

mefdinkins
11-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Once you get a character to level 60 you can sacrifice them and take one their skills for your other chars.

Imagine a rogue or bard with feign death. A pally or SK with defensive disc. A shaman with charm, a monk with slow, a warrior with complete heal, a wizard with manasong!?!

Lhancelot
11-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Wizards = crits on nukes
Rangers = sustained/increased bow damage
Rogues = practical useable poisons
Warriors = working taunt
SK/paladin = improved defensive disciplines
Monk = fix sneak pulling/aggro dump on FD
Druid = indoor/outdoor harmony
Cleric = add damage proc buff spell line for melee attacks
Magician = strengthen pet tanking ability of pets

***Shaman, necromancer, enchanter are fine

mefdinkins
11-22-2017, 12:07 AM
Hate to break the news but you can

hahah aint nobody got time for clickies!

Soothsayer
11-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Giving warriors some kind of aggro ability besides a taunt that barely works would make them less of a headache to play, and I'm baffled to this day as to why they weren't given any unique abilities. They're certainly not underpowered -- they're one of the strongest classes in Velious, to be sure -- but they're so reliant on those damned proccing weapons.

From a class design perspective, warriors in classic EQ are heinously underdeveloped. Not giving warriors abilities to hold aggro with is almost tantamount to not giving clerics any heal abilities and telling them to go and find clicky equipment they can use to heal with. It's stupid. And it makes them rather dull to play, at times.

The main tank class doesn't have any abilities with which to do one of two of his primary responsibilities, which is to ensure that he, and not his group, is the one sustaining damage. Well, except for the aforementioned barely working taunt.
Meanwhile, knights get access to abilities which cause hilarious amounts of aggro for no logical reason, like that disease cloud which does almost no damage but somehow pisses mobs off enough that you practically don't even need a weapon as a SK. In what realm does that make the slightest modicum of sense? Ah, right -- in the realm of Everquest, where things purposefully make no sense because the developers were probably on crack at the time.

Let's hope Pantheon gives warriors a little more love than the autoattack button. :mad:

mickmoranis
11-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Wizards = crits on nukes
Rangers = sustained/increased bow damage
Rogues = practical useable poisons
Warriors = working taunt
SK/paladin = improved defensive disciplines
Monk = fix sneak pulling/aggro dump on FD
Druid = indoor/outdoor harmony
Cleric = add damage proc buff spell line for melee attacks
Magician = strengthen pet tanking ability of pets

***Shaman, necromancer, enchanter are fine

Damn dude. These are legit.

ZiggyTheMuss
11-22-2017, 12:46 AM
Make Druid harmony work indoors.

Aalderon Crystafire
11-22-2017, 02:45 AM
Give bards their long duration charm back. We had it in classic, but was removed because "not classic".

I was regrettably not a Bard back in the day but if this is true please make a thread in the Bug forums with quality evidence!

For unclassic changes I would have given Bards either Feign Death (which makes sense from an drama/acting angle) or Mem Blur. As far as AoE and swarm kiting goes I was glad to see it nerfed. I would be okay with it being brought back if there was some way to create artificial FPS drops and latency to authentically emulate how video cards and internet circa 1999 would've handled massive swarms of mobs.

All that being said, I wouldn't touch any class until poor Wizards were fixed.

skarlorn
11-22-2017, 02:47 AM
Give wizards monster condoms for their magnum dongs

Frank is a gnome, and all wizzies are gnomes

https://i.imgur.com/nZnvrAx.gif

Jimjam
11-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Giving warriors some kind of aggro ability besides a taunt that barely works would make them less of a headache to play, and I'm baffled to this day as to why they weren't given any unique abilities. They're certainly not underpowered -- they're one of the strongest classes in Velious, to be sure -- but they're so reliant on those damned proccing weapons.

From a class design perspective, warriors in classic EQ are heinously underdeveloped. Not giving warriors abilities to hold aggro with is almost tantamount to not giving clerics any heal abilities and telling them to go and find clicky equipment they can use to heal with. It's stupid. And it makes them rather dull to play, at times.

The main tank class doesn't have any abilities with which to do one of two of his primary responsibilities, which is to ensure that he, and not his group, is the one sustaining damage. Well, except for the aforementioned barely working taunt.
Meanwhile, knights get access to abilities which cause hilarious amounts of aggro for no logical reason, like that disease cloud which does almost no damage but somehow pisses mobs off enough that you practically don't even need a weapon as a SK. In what realm does that make the slightest modicum of sense? Ah, right -- in the realm of Everquest, where things purposefully make no sense because the developers were probably on crack at the time.

Let's hope Pantheon gives warriors a little more love than the autoattack button. :mad:

Melee stun was meant to be similar aggro to the spell equivalent, so if you could imagine what procing a stun every 10 seconds would do for warrior aggro, the class makes much more sense.

On top of that, I think the game was built around the idea of root tanking, even if it wasn't so popular live.

Jimjam
11-22-2017, 05:45 AM
It is strange how equipping a shield does little in terms of increasing damage mitigation. I remember Kelendil doing all the with/without shield calculations.

Surely it was not like this on live or just an oversight?

What level are you talking about? By my own investigations it seems it is trivial to max out mitigation in Karnor's Castle with velious out (even a ranger can do it!). That said, in HoT and against Dain adding worn AC beyond the hardcap still improves mitigation (unclassic), shields work especially well here.

Endorra
11-22-2017, 06:09 AM
Moving clarity to wizards doesn't really fix them. I think it'd be fair to give them exclusive access to spell crits, given their narrow focus, but all they really need is an adjustment to their DPM. This could be done by either addressing the cost of their spells or adding mana-free damage sources.

McPuffin
11-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Wizards were always like cheetahs in my mind... amazingly powerful but only for short amounts of time. The biggest problem with playing a wizard is that you have to meditate for so long, and your spells drain mana very quickly.

My simple solution to make them more bearable to play is to give them 1.5 times more mana regeneration, and if I was developing this game back in the day, I'd have put "magic locks" on certain doors that can only be blasted off by a wizard to give them some dungeoun utility.

Warrior I would give them the ability to push mobs back with a big shove, kind of like gravity flux, but not quite as powerful. Not sure if it would fix anything, but I always thought that since you can bash, you should be able to shove as well.

If I was developing the game back in the day I'd have made one other simple change to throwing... Warriors can throw big weapons like spears/swords/axes and do significant damage if they hit, but it would have a fairly short range. Rogues should be able to throw knives moderately accurately and for moderate damage and at medium distances, but have the ability to make some really nasty poisons to apply to their blades, and the poisons always work instead of proccing randomly. Monks, being the simple yet masterful creatures that they are don't do much damage with their throws, but their throws almost always land and they can throw farther than the other classes, except for a ranger with a good bow, who can "throw" his arrows the farthest of all.

Speaking of Rangers, the only thing I'd do is make him a master of fletching right off the bat so he can make all his own archery supplies without sinking hundreds or thousands of plat into learning it from scratch.

Paladins should get a pet of some kind. Maybe something unique that doesn't do any damage to the mobs, but instead focuses on the group and issues out small heals and buffs, and if the group needs to run away it stays behind to sacrifice itself using a one-shot area-aggro spell that will take all the mobs in the vicinity and make them focus on the pet so the group can sprint for the zoneline or gate out.

Shadowknights I'd basically keep them the same as they are now, but I'd shift all their spells up one notch, so instead of getting lvl 1 necro spells at lvl 9, you start out getting lvl 4 necro spells. Also I'd start their pets out with the ability to dual wield/bash/kick.

Rogue, this is a tough one... Maybe give them the ability to lay traps down for mobs... mob runs over trap and is either hurt or captured in place for a while as if it was rooted. One is a trap that deals direct damage, and the other is a trap that locks you in place.
I'm picturing an arrow trap or potion that sets them on fire (think molotov cocktail) for the direct damage, and a bear trap for a root and/or snare effect.

dbouya
11-22-2017, 09:40 AM
wizards are easy to fix, just remove all the weapons that sell in EC right now for more than 80platinum from the game.

Wizards were actually decent DPS in 1999 when people used minotaur axes and polished granite totems, and bone bladed claymores... and on top of that they ran out of stamina from melee attacks too.

maskedmelon
11-22-2017, 10:16 AM
What level are you talking about? By my own investigations it seems it is trivial to max out mitigation in Karnor's Castle with velious out (even a ranger can do it!). That said, in HoT and against Dain adding worn AC beyond the hardcap still improves mitigation (unclassic), shields work especially well here.

i think you are right about root tanking. Generally speaking, it does t make sense why a warrior would be able to taunt any intelligent foe to attack her over a priest or squishy class.

Axlrose
11-22-2017, 01:06 PM
I forgot which later expansion offered this spell, but for wizards, perhaps a moderate quest to grant as a spell reward the little flying demon that offers various bonuses, including the chance to critical with spells. Have the spell available perhaps in the early to middle twenties so players serious enough to get to that level as a wizard can expand upon that class.

CyricTheMad420
11-22-2017, 01:09 PM
being as p99 will prob never do classic reimained as it should have been whats everyones best hope for a new mmo that is good? Pantheon?

Granwaltercy
11-22-2017, 01:23 PM
First off, I think all the tank archetypes should be able to tank equally well in a group or raid setting. Each of these classes would be differentiated based on utilities other than tanking.

Paladin
This is a support tank. One thing I always thought would be cool was to give them auras. These would work mechanically similar to bard songs. So to cast any of your normal spells or use clickies you would need to cancel the aura first.

Shadow Knight
This is the debuffing tank. Give them a good slow. I think it works well with the theme of their class. This would open up a lot of grouping opportunities as you wouldn't necessarily need an exclusive slowing class.

Warriors
This is the DPS tank. Similar to how they are now. Could also give them more unique combat abilities (i.e. a charge ability or an attack that slows the movement speed of the target).

Squabbles123
11-22-2017, 01:44 PM
I'd give Paladins the ability to "Heal Tank" like Paladin in Final Fantasy 11 could do.

Basically, you held aggro in FF11 by healing yourself. This worked perfectly for tanking as you'd expect, needing a group healer was less needed cause the Paladin could keep himself alive pretty easily, hate was easily managed since healing caused a good amount of hate in general in that game.

This would give them a vastly more "Paladin" feel than just casting Flash of Light over and over again.

Razerpaw
11-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Release Luclin and PoP. Fixes most class issues.

PoP breaks shaman. It's the first expansion where everyone eventually maxed their stats with gear. Shaman just became back up healer and main slower. This wasn't fixed until OOW when they got buffs that broke stat cap.

Boyblunder
11-22-2017, 10:26 PM
This is a dumb thread.....
That being said give Warrior fear and a self CH every 72 minutes...
Limit bards to 4 mobs like druids....
Let Wizards wear chain...
Give knights Defensive disc on 3000 hour timer....
Make knight defensive disc grey out spell book for 2000 hours....
Give Rangers an extra equipment slot, a jockstrap that when tightened makes them run 5% faster.

Lulz~Sect
11-22-2017, 10:27 PM
my little change i'D give clerics permanent SoW and INSTANT TELEPORTS AND CAN MELEE AND ONE SHOT DRAGONS

skarlorn
11-22-2017, 10:33 PM
my little change i'D give clerics permanent SoW and INSTANT TELEPORTS AND CAN MELEE AND ONE SHOT DRAGONS

Lol damn dude. When did u become an A list game designer?

Lulz~Sect
11-22-2017, 10:35 PM
after joint 4 my dear elf pal

*scoffs*

astronaut
11-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Magicians need some love.

Pet heal spells would come every 4-8 levels and scale well.
Pets would be able to taunt off lvl 1 nukes.
Pets "classes" would be more specific. ie earth is tanky as fuck, water is dps as fuck, fire is ouchy as fuck, air is rogue as fuck and stunningly beautiful.
Pet procs actually proc, and had an effect.
Weapon/Item summoned items would be awesome as shit. i mean why shouldnt they be, they are temporary.

astronaut
11-22-2017, 11:14 PM
side note. Verant fucked up by not making "physically resistant" creatures. would of been cool of you could only kill ghosts with spells, as example.

edit- "magic weapon" mobs such as wisp dont count.

Trelaboon
11-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Warrior - An ability that enhances threat on weapons, making them a little less prod reliant

Paladin/SK - a defensive/evasive type ability but on a slightly lesser scale than Warriors

Ranger - I think your bow idea is spot on

Rogue - Rogues are only unpopular because they aren’t that fun. They don’t need new abilities, their DPs is insane, just something to make them more entertaining. I think poisons could be more practical and useful

Dildy
11-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Paladin: improved LoH or improved undead slaying abilities

Freakish
11-23-2017, 10:24 AM
It shouldn't be such a job for warriors to struggle to keep aggro. It's one of the problems with classic EQ. There is very little variety in a warrriors arsenal which is balanced by their superior tanking abilities.
When you start to blur the lines between utility and tank suddenly you've got an extremely overpowered class. Just look at shaman. You have fantastic heals, mana regeneration, haste and the best slow in game. If we include item utility then you get mana free DoT epic, instant cast sow and can feign death. It overpowers group content. Alternatively look at druids. They have quite a bit of utility. They can charm at high levels, do all kinds of fancy tricks outdoors and port almost anywhere. But because their skills do not synergize as well they are a much more balanced class.

Foxplay
11-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Wizard

Increase Wizard (DpM) *Damage per mana* across the board. I high increase for single target spells capping at 6:1 and slightly lower for their lure line 4:1 , and a smaller increase for their quad and PbAoE spells.

This would cause Sunstrike to be 2700 damage for 450 mana / Lure of Ice to do 1,280 damage for 320mana

Secondly make Harvest good. Wizard's main draw back especially leveling and grouping (or lack of grouping) is that the class has poor sustain and frequent downtime (so much that people joke about wizards being afk in groups). Reduce Harvest's Cooldown down to 2minutes *Like Theft of Thought* and make it restore a guaranteed amount similar to monk Mend, say 20% or so mana. This way Wizard scale with +mana and high Int gear as well have much greater sustain. They could still run out of mana quickly if they wanted to spam nukes but would always have an extra boost every 2min or so with Harvest

These changes would not mix any of the existing buffs or other classes, and would more clearly define Wizards as the "Glass cannon" or master nuker class that they are suppose to be

Faiding
11-23-2017, 07:03 PM
ITT: People that want classic classes to be exactly what they are today in Live

Squabbles123
11-24-2017, 01:51 PM
ITT: People that want classic classes to be exactly what they are today in Live

I don't think anyone actually WANTS these changes, its just fun to theory craft though.

Faiding
11-25-2017, 02:09 AM
I don't think anyone actually WANTS these changes, its just fun to theory craft though.

I just thought it was funny that virtually everything suggested in this thread has actually been implemented on live

mickmoranis
11-25-2017, 12:53 PM
I just thought it was funny that virtually everything suggested in this thread has actually been implemented on live

It suprises you that after 2 decades they figured out how to balance the classes?

Should be more surprising that despite that, they managed to fuck up so much of what makes Everquest good that were here.

fadetree
11-25-2017, 04:13 PM
wizards get crits

fix 2hs damage so knights are viable

fix archery so rangers are viable

Rangers don't need archery upgrade to be viable. They are perfectly viable as they are in this era. They need it to stand out as doing something special, but that's mostly because people never notice most of the stuff a good ranger does in a group.

skarlorn
11-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Rangers don't need archery upgrade to be viable. They are perfectly viable as they are in this era. They need it to stand out as doing something special, but that's mostly because people never notice most of the stuff a good ranger does in a group.

True. Same goes for drqqds. I say this as someone who would NEVER allow druids or rangers in my leveling groups *Cringe for myself*

Lhancelot
11-25-2017, 04:33 PM

I know it's strange, but I think most people that play a ranger wish the class had a little more fun with their bows. No one disputes the "good stuff" they do in groups. I also am pretty sure the majority of us actually are fully aware what the ranger brings to a group, that doesn't stop us from wishing they did more with their bows. It's a ranger ffs!

Check12345
11-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Wizard
Give them Luclin.

Besides that small change, Ancient: Destruction of Ice would help a lot in groups.

Evia
11-25-2017, 05:37 PM
wizards get crits

fix 2hs damage so knights are viable

fix archery so rangers are viable

I'd add giving warriors an additional clicky taunt. That is on a 30 second timer but Is a huge aggro gainer. With these 4 changes I'd say p99 would be balanced.

bloodmuffin
11-25-2017, 06:19 PM
I always thought an easy fix for wizards would be to make harvest targetable and reward a bigger chunk of mana, like a mini CH for mana. Small boost to overall dps in groups as well as survival in raids, also easy to code in.

kotton05
11-25-2017, 07:32 PM
No it doesn’t lol^

Jimjam
11-26-2017, 01:00 AM
It's a ranger ffs!

Well, people say this, but we all really know it is not 'range' as in 'fights from a distance', but 'range' as in 'walks around looking for photogenic animals to take selfies with'.

Faiding
11-26-2017, 03:10 AM
It suprises you that after 2 decades they figured out how to balance the classes?

Should be more surprising that despite that, they managed to fuck up so much of what makes Everquest good that were here.

No, it doesn't surprise me. I didn't say I was surprised.

Dildy
11-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Fix knight hit tables, make soulfire paladin click only #bluethangs

Polyphemous
11-27-2017, 12:19 AM

You know that the same coke fiend that made EQ is also making Pantheon, right? ;)

fadetree
11-27-2017, 12:39 PM
I know it's strange, but I think most people that play a ranger wish the class had a little more fun with their bows. No one disputes the "good stuff" they do in groups. I also am pretty sure the majority of us actually are fully aware what the ranger brings to a group, that doesn't stop us from wishing they did more with their bows. It's a ranger ffs!

Sure, I was just talking about the viable part, not what would be fun. AM3+EQ was the best thing that ever happened, I loved it.

But I disagree about everybody being 'fully aware what the ranger brings to a group'. Or rather, I should say they *think* they know what a Ranger brings to the group, namely mediocre DPS and frequent corpses. There's a lot more than that going on to a well played ranger in a group.

Kohedron
11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
I'd make pretty much every class change that they have over in Shards of Dalaya, if the option was available

Check12345
11-27-2017, 04:56 PM
yes it does, I was hoping someone would make a luclin emu server and a red server to go with it but nobody has any nuts

its just more pop servers all day long that peak at 50

Yeap, Al'Kabor on Live was the total jam.

RIP

Rygar
11-27-2017, 06:00 PM
First of all, why is no one listing Mage as an unpopular class? I hardly ever saw them in groups leveling up.

I like the charm changes mentioned but would add a few spins:
Enchanter = Humanoid
Necro = Undead
Magician = Elementals
Shaman = Constructs (such as muddites / golems, stuff with an 'earth / clay' type theme)
Druids = Animals
Bards = Remove charm all together or level cap it to <35

Class Specific help:
Wizard - Basically all that has been mentioned with crits and better sustained DPS. I think lore wise they used runes and stuff to enhance items and use for protection. Would be nice to allow them a specific tradeskill such as 'Rune making'. Could create some sweet self-only gear, as well as some tradeable pieces (maybe even a DA idol type of thing, some focus items, or FT1&2 type items... maybe FT3/4/5 self only items). I think also allowing them to cast +mana buffs that are superior to GoB would be a good idea (say +300 mana), even with a small +2/tick mana regen that is stackable with all other spells. I think they got this in later expansions.

Mage - Improve monster summoning, should be able to inherit some abilities with it. Could make for some amazing pets. Also improve summoned / temporary items. Summoning even a 10% haste item at lower levels could make them more valuable for newb groups, and even improve haste summoned items at higher levels (say 30% haste at level 49, I dare say even 40% at level 60). Adding charm to elementals (again added later) and adding more elementals to zones could be a huge help. Unresistable slow line of spells against elementals also fits well.

Ranger - Always thought they should have a pet line of spells that can improve their bow abilities (Eagle = better accuracy, Wolf = more damage, Snake = DoT / Snare). Pet would do some melee dps as well. Spell line to add procs to their bow, and self-only haste spell just affecting bow speed / atk power.

Paladins - Should really have fear immunity, big raid utility on some mobs there. Group buffs that are in the 'Bane' line of spells against undead. Would be cool to have a pet that is a squire to help do some DPS. Squire may also be able to absorb a % of damage for the paladin and maybe can have a chance to sacrifice himself to absorb the killing blow against the paladin.

Shadowknights - I always liked these guys, not sure what to change exactly. Higher proc lifetap line could help to self heal and mitigate damage. Maybe have a spell that absorbs life from group members like a reverse DoT to help in tanking big targets. Could make for some synergy in group construction.

Mendo
11-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Shadowknight is a really fun class. The problem is that they struggle to tank raid mobs because they don't have a defensive disc. I say add a riposte lifetap disc that lasts like 30 seconds or so to allow them to quickly off tank adds or position the big dragons for the warrior tanks.

fadetree
11-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Yeap, Al'Kabor on Live was the total jam.

RIP

It lives : TAKP.

Shrubwise
11-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Rygar-so true. I think mage might be the rarest class on P99. I hardly see them at all; not that that’s a bad thing.

Nagoya
11-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Why think when you can actually have the exact numbers! /who all count magician 6 60 - do this 10 times a day for a few weeks, divide by the total /who all count and see how it fares against the other classes. From my experience Mage is low tier, but not the "rarest class" at all :) (ps: it is usually paladin, ranger or wizard....)

HowlingMad
11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
I've read a few (I did not read them all.) and I am trying to get a feel for this process.

Tanks/Hybrid tanks: it feels like people want to give Hybrid tanks the ability to tank like warriors. Then I guess warriors should get LoH, HT, DA and FD? No. Paladins and SK's = aggro machines. In my experience as a cleric, both paladins and SK's are amazing as they already. In groups I'd take an SK/Pal over a war if given the choice. In most raid content barring a raid boss or flurry drake these hybrid tanks are amazing tanks at keeping crap off of casters/healers. Disease cloud, Clinging Darkness, Stuns, Blind (when in melee range) and the aggro's yours. Paladins even have an edge with brells, 90% rez and wave healing. Tanks are probably the most balanced they can be at this point.

Wizards: need clarity? (get a Chanter or a bard friend.) for sustained damage consider using the less flashy nukes? They can do "sustained" damage by maybe not doing the biggest nuke in the book possible? Wizards have nice situational stuns, roots, ae snares, nukes with lower resist checks, and the ability to dump your entire mana load as an all out chance at a win. Wizards are the gamblers. They cash in everything on their mana. It just depends on when to bet and not to bet. Gotta know when to holdem know when to foldem.

Mages: These are THE premier sustained damage class in a group. If played well they can crush mobs and keep going at a fast pace. With the Epic pet it gets even crazier. Giving mages the ability to charm summoned? Charm summoned happened in PoP and with Frenzied burnout being bugged made their pets permanently flurry/rampage I used to do it all the time in Bastion of Thunder. The ability to summon party members to the group, and Mod rods make them amazing. Eyes of Zomm/Tallon.

Bards: You cannot swarm kite anymore. That happened because people abused it, maybe not you but that hammer came down because someone screwed it up for everyone else. The class is still an amazing class. I'd take a bard in my group any day of the week. If there is a short coming of the class it's the operators not thinking outside the box. They are amazing.

Enchanters: Really need nothing. There isn't a zone that an Enchanter can walk into and not dominate. The best combo in the game are Enc Cleric. Yes, they are better than Monk Shaman.

Shamans: (Shamans or Shamen?) This class is the bully of classic EQ. Given few mobs are immune to slow, Slow isn't mitigated until PoP? Maybe a few raid bosses? Casting Walking sleep is cheap and causes mobs to lose an edge. The ability to completely heal yourself with 200-400 mana is amazing. A decent dog pet. The best melee buffs in the game. The second best dots in the game. Some of the best clicky armor (sorry Iksars, make better choices.) . This class is the door way busting and room chilling master. Solid for Groups, required for any serious raiding, and can crush soloing.

Druids: Class gets ports! Root rots, Kiting animals with fear, charming animals (Chardok is nice if careful.), PoTG is gold, the clicky BP's from hate, thurg/kael/SS armor quests. Direct Damage that rivals mages. This class has the best ranged heal in the game with natures touch. It's remedy on steroids.

Rangers: I concede this class should be more of a bow class. Now imagine trying to bow as primary damage in a group while dungeon crawling. It would suck. So the devs went with 2 swords for their epics. I'd put rangers in for the dedicated melee but option ranged damage. They are the druids of the melee world. They will not light up a mob like a monk or rogue. Rangers do have utility of snare/root, harmony, nukes and dots. Yes they cannot do anyone of those things to 100% but they do get an attack buff that every melee class craves. It's a good class.

Necros: You don't need anything this class is almost perfect. Rez, FD, levant, dots, charm, mez, runes, mana conversion, healing, mana feeding and good pets. This class is solid.

Clerics: They get the best single HP buff in the game. The ability to undo the mistakes of a group (death). The best heals in the game, stun mobs to stop enemy casters, undead nukes that are amazingly efficient, calm mobs and become apart of the greatest duo in the game. Cleric/Enc Pro-tip: Remember "Stun" is 0 dd and won't break mez. $$

Monks and Rogues are set. These classes are the sustained melee dps. Tons of crafty utilities for both classes. Given that P99 doesn't drain stamina from melee attacks gives them nothing to complain about, except maybe rogues performing a CR while playing the the Hole (Zone).

I dig the topic but I pray none of this ever happens here as the game would just become PoP a "balanced" nightmare of EQ. The game characters are balanced. It's just how you look at each role of each class. There are class roles to play based on a group model not a WoW solo quest guided by zone/level centered design.

Thank you for reading.

Lhancelot
11-29-2017, 04:47 PM
I'd rather see race/class combinations opened up before class changes tbh. Halfling ranger ftw.

mickmoranis
11-29-2017, 04:54 PM
id like to see equal representation of female and male characters as well as new graphics to either put males in speedo's when naked or put more clothing on women.

HowlingMad
11-29-2017, 04:59 PM
I'd rather see race/class combinations opened up before class changes tbh. Halfling ranger ftw.

^^^
This

Imagine an
Ogre (Insert caster class) One point Rallos Zek the Warlord blessed his children with all the powers available to war. They were just like the Giants of Kael.

Human Shaman (This is a stretch but in the end, human's should be any class.)

Half Elf Cleric (They can be Paladins...)

Erudite Monk (Humans can, why not?)

Highelf Druid (Feel the primal call.)

Darkelf Paladin (They have clerics.)

Realistic things that happened.

Gnome SK/Pal
Halfling Paladins

How about the addition of a few more races? (not that enthusiastic about this option but figured it's a talking point.)

Suggestion: Maybe a Froglok? Classic model, slap them in Wrath Mountains!

mefdinkins
11-29-2017, 05:19 PM
halfling ranger too! they can be druid and war!? no one ever let those two classes bang?!

Rivervale is classist!

Lhancelot
11-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Imagine an ogre rogue, or gnome druid. Dwarves would make a nice wizard with their beards!

trite
11-29-2017, 06:13 PM
shadow knights should get one useful raid buff like divine strength for paladins or call of the predator for rangers.

bards should get slight melee damage boost.

wizards' port line of spells should have a buff effect with run mod similar to sow. (no sow, you have to port to get temp speed bonus)

magician should have better access to focus items 50+

paladin lay hands should give you a 12 hour divine intervention style buff. You should be able to stack these buffs ...so you can have like 12 hours / 72 minutes of these buffs

Ranger should get real range damage like after AA's were implemented on live

skarlorn
11-29-2017, 06:41 PM
^^^
This

Imagine an
Ogre (Insert caster class) One point Rallos Zek the Warlord blessed his children with all the powers available to war. They were just like the Giants of Kael.

Human Shaman (This is a stretch but in the end, human's should be any class.)

Half Elf Cleric (They can be Paladins...)

Highelf Druid (Feel the primal call.)

Realistic things that happened.

Gnome SK/Pal
Halfling Paladins

How about the addition of a few more races? (not that enthusiastic about this option but figured it's a talking point.)

Suggestion: Maybe a Froglok? Classic model, slap them in Wrath Mountains!

God i hate this post.

^^^
This

Imagine an

Ogres USED to have casters of great power until all the gods banded together to curse Rallos Zek's creations. So this would directly be ruining the EQ lore.

[B]
^^^

ERUDITES ARE NOTORIOUSLY FRAIL PEOPLE AND NOT INCLINED TO MARTIAL PURSUITS (see no Erudite warrior)

[B]

Paladins only serve GOOD gods. Clerics can serve both good and evil gods. You can't have a paladin of Innoruuk.

Jimjam
11-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Paladins only serve GOOD gods. Clerics can serve both good and evil gods. You can't have a paladin of Innoruuk.
Not even when you believe that Hate is THE creative force in the Universe? There should be a dark elf paladin out there who HATES racism, who HATES oppression, who HATES subjugation, who HATES wealth acquisition inequality, who HATES unnecessary suffering, and acts on that hate to make a positive change in the world!

Next post: Half Elf Shadowknights.

If you liked this, see also: Shadowknights and warriors of Bristlebane (aka 'electroshock handshake harm touch' and a 'kick to the balls is funny') from the Jimjam archives.

skarlorn
11-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Good point Jimjam

Jimjam
11-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Good point Jimjam

I'd also like to see a Tunare Shadowknight, harm touching people with flesh eating viruses, embracing the violent and unpredictable aspects of Nature.

HowlingMad
11-30-2017, 01:11 PM
God i hate this post.
Ogres USED to have casters of great power until all the gods banded together to curse Rallos Zek's creations. So this would directly be ruining the EQ lore.

Except Giants were created by RZ?

Lhancelot
11-30-2017, 01:14 PM
Not even when you believe that Hate is THE creative force in the Universe? There should be a dark elf paladin out there who HATES racism, who HATES oppression, who HATES subjugation, who HATES wealth acquisition inequality, who HATES unnecessary suffering, and acts on that hate to make a positive change in the world!

Next post: Half Elf Shadowknights.

If you liked this, see also: Shadowknights and warriors of Bristlebane (aka 'electroshock handshake harm touch' and a 'kick to the balls is funny') from the Jimjam archives.

Nice thought on deities Jimjam and ideologies regarding them. Give more.

fadetree
11-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Halfing rangers are an abomination.

plasma1010
12-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Frogloks would be awesome. That was the only thing I thought was cool about the expansions shortly after Velious.

Muggens
12-09-2017, 04:43 AM
Nah frogloks wouldnt be cool because everyone would have a froglok alt then. Everyone.

Erudites certainly dont look frail to me. I am sure theres a secret soceity of kung fu scholars hidden somewhere in Erudin. They cant all be dabblin with magic arts.

Jimjam hatepaladin was nice.

Suprised people dont wanna play as kerrans, tons of u guys have cat avatars.

sox7d
12-10-2017, 12:55 AM
Wizards

Take clarity from chanters, give it to wizards
Make Wizard mana/damage ratio significantly greater than other classes (it's literally like 5% more than druids at 60)
Castable buff that gives melee a dd proc

Rangers

Significant Attack buff line through low levels
Self-only archery buff/significant skill cap increase
Take track away from druids and bards (clerics dont have LoH, necros don't have HT, cmon.)
Group exp(or dmg) bonus in outdoor zones (Track + chain pulling EJ/BW/DL/WL/EW/less populated outdoor zones)
Tree form

Paladin

Group gets crits against undead

Warrior

I like their simplicity but they're just inferior to ridiculous classes. Reduce monk mitigation/damage, reduce rogue damage to a reasonable amount higher than warriors.