PDA

View Full Version : Old EQ player, thinking of starting here.

casdegere
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi, I used to play EQ a long while ago but it had gotten so polluted with the Planes of Power etc. that it began to become just to daunting. I wish to play this classic version.

How long has it been here? I never knew it was here.

How active are people here? Are their active guilds taking on new players?

I had the most fun playing an Iksar Necromancer and a High Elf Enchanter, is there a place for these here?

The last question...the Titanium version...what if the only copy we can find is one already used, will it work for this?

Neach
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Servers active and will be more active no doubt when kunark opens.
Lots of guilds to choose from with good players just pick and choose.
Iksar necros gotta wait till kunark march 25th. Enchanters why not.
You have an old version of titanium? Good, saves you from possibly t o r ren t ing.

Let me be the first to say welcome to the community.

Spewys
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Did he say torrent:-)???

Zephys
03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Nah, something about renting toes. Couldn't read it. Was all jumbled-like.

Aprio
03-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Torrents? Tsk tsk that would be naughty! I could not possibly condone the use of torrents, such are my views (www.vuze.com)

casdegere
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I intend on playing a Good, Agnostic, Erudite Enchanter. Is there a site still around with a good guide on what to do, I know Tox Forest really sucks to start out in.

My main concern is factions. I realize that today, most or all Epics are out of scope of this classic game but you never know!

stonebeard22
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Epics aren't that far away, and plenty of people already saving up the items needed for them. This server is amazing man, its like 99% accurate and working. With tons of people to play with.

The P99 Wiki has everything you could possibly need the way it used to be.

casdegere
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Your killing me, I have to wait for the EQ Titanium to get delivered before I can play!

Neach
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Epics aren't that far away, and plenty of people already saving up the items needed for them. This server is amazing man, its like 99% accurate and working. With tons of people to play with.

The P99 Wiki has everything you could possibly need the way it used to be.

Agree other then the fact of 99% accurate, more like 90% I would say. p99 is your best bet at reliving those glory days, and for the most part the community is respectable.

casdegere
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
What have you found is not accurate?

Aprio
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Your killing me, I have to wait for the EQ Titanium to get delivered before I can play!

Not really, I left a subtle link in my last post :p

casdegere
03-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Something I did not consider, Windows Vista 64 Ultimate. I am concerned that my computer will not be able to install the game. Does anyone know if the original disks will install on such a machine?

Killua
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm running the game on Windows 7 64bit with no issues, can't speak for Vista but I would assume you wouldn't have any issues.

Aprio
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm on vista 64bit here, runs fine

Nedala
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi, I used to play EQ a long while ago but it had gotten so polluted with the Planes of Power etc. that it began to become just to daunting. I wish to play this classic version.

How long has it been here? I never knew it was here.

How active are people here? Are their active guilds taking on new players?

I had the most fun playing an Iksar Necromancer and a High Elf Enchanter, is there a place for these here?

The last question...the Titanium version...what if the only copy we can find is one already used, will it work for this?

Server is around since over a year, and kunark should launch at march 25.

People are very active, and theres a lot of guilds that take new players.

I play a high elf enchanter, and you won't have much trouble finding grps, especially when you get clarity. Iksar necro will have to wait for kunark.

Your titanium copy should work, if not look at some posts above :)

casdegere
03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Yay I am in!

I started an Agnostic, Erude Chanter named Ellishani and having fun with him. Enough Kobolds and Skellies in Tox Forest around that drop coin, rusty weapons, cloth armors and bone chips to buy spells, Tiny daggers and backpacks, though I'm keeping the bone chips as I'm guessing they will come in handy for a necromancer or to sell in EC maybe. Was great fun, made it to level 3 last night. Next I wish to buy a Deluxe Sewing kit and a Jewelers...bag? Will have to figure out where to get those.

With Kunark and Velious, was there any special crafting requirement for a special item or flag?

Omnimorph
03-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Can get large sewing kits from vendors (8slot large capacity), jeweler kits (4slot bags) come form the jeweler merchants in town.

Not sure if deluxe sewing kits can be made yet. Were they tinkered?

casdegere
03-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think so but my memory could be flawed. I remember getting them easily for some reason and I believe they had Giant Capacity...which was nice. I'll have to take a look at that.