PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Melee Proc weapons should proc, even when not in melee range.

Kaosu
03-01-2011, 06:07 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6841

And also the staff of the undead legion page, it has accounts from 2001 were people would talk about weapon procs actually procing, while not even meleeing.

While that may have been changed later, I'd assert mechanic was in classic.

first i'd like to note i don't know if this is a bug or not .
when my war has his yak equiped if im standing out of melee range and just have auto attack on my yak will still proc i have it happen many times. i use the assist button on a mob who is mezzed and i am out of melee range but then my yak will proc during the time i am getting spammed with the message " your target is to far away"

now if this isnt a bug then a mage could stand out of melee range with auto attack on and possible get some procs the down side to this is procs are rare as we all know so during that time the mage could have been medding to cast the same spell wich to me would be more preferrable than spamming myself
----------------------------

I dont know the range on Blaze (perhaps some mage can pass that info on) but one thing you can do is turn on auto attack from a distance. Even though you are out of melee range, as long as you are still in spell range the proc can go off. A free DD is nothing to shake a stick at. Downside is that you cant med while doing this.