PDA

View Full Version : Plat Farming Class for Red?

Smeeter
10-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone.

What would be a good class for farming plat on red? I dont care about hitting 60 on the toon. I just want to get to a level where I can farm plat at a good rate.

The purpose is to farm plat for gearing up alts. Alts are much more fun with some gear behind them.

The classes I was thinking were mage, druid or wizard.

The druid and wizard are tempting because I can port around the world to various farming locations and bank with ease.

The mage looked good because you can conjure those weight reduction bags and pack them full of crap to vendor. The problem I see is getting a port to vendor and bank your plat. Sometimes on red it takes along time to get a port.

I read that necros are good farmers but I dont want a evil class.

So what do ya think? Mage, druid or wizard?

Thanks!

Slathar
10-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Here’s a helpful tip: fuck off back to blue.

Pokesan
10-29-2017, 10:39 PM
fuck off back to blue.

Outer
10-29-2017, 10:48 PM

Why farm plat on a dead server? There's no economy here either to buy twink items

stormlord
10-30-2017, 12:22 AM
How common is selling here? I know that on live they had the bazaaar and there was no PvP there. I can't remember what we did before the bazaar in PvP servers, since I can't remember what I did in 1999, and I didn't start playing again until 2001 and but keep in mind Luclin was released Dec 2001. Btw bazaar prizes on the Zek servers were insanely high.

Beastagoog
10-30-2017, 06:03 AM

Lol.

Beastagoog
10-30-2017, 06:05 AM
How common is selling here? I know that on live they had the bazaaar and there was no PvP there. I can't remember what we did before the bazaar in PvP servers, since I can't remember what I did in 1999, and I didn't start playing again until 2001 and but keep in mind Luclin was released Dec 2001. Btw bazaar prizes on the Zek servers were insanely high.

You cant sell shit unless you lowball it. Everyone has 10 of each item.

AzzarTheGod
10-30-2017, 06:30 AM

Smeeter
10-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Smeeter,

Ignore the trolls. Go with a druid, wizard, mage, or necro. All three have the ability to solo mobs that drop significant plat such as the giants. Farming plat is still worthwhile on the server. Depending on what class you go with will determine what mobs you can farm for loot that sells decently well in game.

If you choose a wizard, go into that class knowing it's harder to level up compared to the other 3 classes. Once you get a pair of Jboots and some ports, you'll be good to go!

Yeah the trolls dont bother me. From what I understand most of them dont even play.

I think Ill go with druid for the fact that I can port around and buff low levels up as well as farm. While leveling it has been nice when high level druids pop up and toss me some buffs! Not to mention give people ports around.

What are some good druid locations for farming plat? Also what level would I need to be to farm them at a good pace?

Thanks!

Amyas
10-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Do you want a 40 person pop server?

Amyas
10-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Smeeter any pet class is good at farming plat, If you want to hook up with me in game we can duo some good areas for drops or plat farming.

Druid for porting is very good on this server if you /ooc porting for donates im sure you'll make some bucks.

Tassador
10-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Do you want a 40 person pop server?

I mean nobody stays here brother, just look at the history.

Lulz~Sect
10-30-2017, 11:31 AM

SamwiseRed
10-30-2017, 12:35 PM
rl job is probably the best pp per hour if thats all you care about

Qtip
10-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone.

What would be a good class for farming plat on red? I dont care about hitting 60 on the toon. I just want to get to a level where I can farm plat at a good rate.

The purpose is to farm plat for gearing up alts. Alts are much more fun with some gear behind them.

The classes I was thinking were mage, druid or wizard.

The druid and wizard are tempting because I can port around the world to various farming locations and bank with ease.

The mage looked good because you can conjure those weight reduction bags and pack them full of crap to vendor. The problem I see is getting a port to vendor and bank your plat. Sometimes on red it takes along time to get a port.

I read that necros are good farmers but I dont want a evil class.

So what do ya think? Mage, druid or wizard?

Thanks!

You can go enchanter, charm hasten and just fear HG in rather mts and use the gnome gem merchant to transfer money to gems.

Or go monk and farm ore in sol a and sneak vendor to the goblin merchant.

Jazzy
10-30-2017, 01:17 PM
So you want to farm plat (no more seafuries) for days on end to buy shitty gear to then still remain outgeared by everyone else on svr?

Makeitrain
11-02-2017, 02:42 PM
So you want to farm plat (no more seafuries) for days on end to buy shitty gear to then still remain outgeared by everyone else on svr?

plat goes a long way on red

you can get bomb as gear for very cheap

so days on end? nope