PDA

View Full Version : Mage + ToFS

Bristlebaner
10-16-2017, 10:05 AM
I had a lot of fun in ToFS on both my enchanter and my necro. I didn't go there though until both were in their 50's just to mess around.

Can a mage level there? If so, at what level could I start on first floor?

thebutthat
10-17-2017, 12:22 PM
I'm guessing at 34/35 you could manage most of the pulls. Second floor will be a problem since they can charm your pet up there. Had them charm my Emissary of Thule pet on my necro multiple times.

Jimjam
10-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Is it possible to invis-poof a pet that has been charmed? Or just dispel its charm?

thebutthat
10-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Nope. Once it's charmed it's no longer yours. As a necro, I'd just charm the mob that charmed my pet and it would die. If you kill the mob...it's weird. Usually they start attacking themselves until they die. I dont know if an enchanter could recharm them, but as a necro, I couldn't.

Bristlebaner
10-18-2017, 01:04 PM
That may be something to bug report. I recall when I was on the 2nd floor with my necro the mobs there had zero trouble charming my 49 pet. In fact there were a few times I went up and would find one of the NPCs with an earth or water pet from a PC mage that they must have charmed it from. There was a 49 earth pet there on day.

Anyone have any insight into whether this is classic or not?

Jaxon
10-19-2017, 12:42 AM
TOFS NPCs didn't start charming until some NPC spellcasting updates made during Luclin. The evidence and bug report is here. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2077258&postcount=3)