PDA

View Full Version : Magician Epic quest...

NenshouStar
10-10-2017, 11:14 PM
how difficult is it really to complete on the blue server?
I've been itching to play EQ again... I have a level 55 Mage already so.
basically I'm just wondering how much effort is actually needed, like, are the raid
kills perma camped? can it be MQ'd?
I have no idea haha.
I've only ever done shaman epic on red. T.T

Legidias
10-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Save up 800k and you have an epic easily

(but really, theres a single bottleneck on the earth staff from PoH)

commongood
10-11-2017, 03:05 AM
Earth staff is definitely the bottleneck. You are going to need to:

a) be very patient
b) be very lucky

or

c) save up a bunch of money - not sure how much exactly but I seen people quoting upwards of 1 million plat.

Good news is, that Magi is not monopolized by A/A and/or farm crews. He does get killed by CSG on occasion and probably by other guilds of that size. The staff is just a rare drop on top of things. So you could join a medium-type raiding guild and then just hope to go for either option A or option B.

I'm under the impression that mage epic - and possibly warrior epic too - is in a league of its own in terms of pain-in-the-assery

Goodest
10-11-2017, 09:55 AM
The earth staff bottleneck is in a line by itself.

Mage entire epic can be MQed

I have a tracker in hate (I leveled up just for this) and I check the the windows when I get the timers

The ass hat'ery of the WAR is very little can be MQ'ed so LOTS of traveling and wishing for swords that are really just for show.

Twochain
10-11-2017, 01:47 PM
You need to be in a guild to get it. Unless you have a bunch of friends ready to go at all times. But seriously just join a guild.

IMO, it's going to be a lot easier to obtain now that we get two repops a month. And yes, it's all about the PoH staff.

NenshouStar
10-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Thanks for all the tips , hah.. I wasn't aware the staff would be that much of a PITA.
now I know though.

ripwind
10-19-2017, 10:29 AM
My 60 Mage, in a raiding guild, waited on a staff for a year. Last piece I need(ed). Never dropped. Then I quit.

reevesz
10-27-2017, 07:28 AM
There are still farm crews up there..just have to be lucky...2 years and still waiting