PDA

View Full Version : Weekly West ToV Raid! (info inside)

Sonderbeast
10-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Greetings Project 1999 Community, I am Draconite of <Paradox> 60th Warlord of Cazic-Thule. I would like to extend a weekly invitation to everyone 55+ on Blue to join us Fridays at 7 p.m. EST (4 p.m. PST) for an informal West ToV raid. The raids are held at the exit of West ToV just behind where Lendiniara the Keeper spawns. If you know your way to the exit then you can meet us there, or you can wait at the ToV entrance for a CoTH.

West ToV is Claws of Veeshan faction Wurms and Drakes which drop Kael quest armor. If you are curious to see how the armors line up to each other there is a useful post here:https://wiki.project1999.com/Velious_Class_Armor_Comparisons

You will lose faction with CoV, and gain faction with the Kromzek of Kael. If you don’t wish to affect your hard earned Skyshrine faction, you can zone and run back to camp as the mob is near death to clear faction. It is not a requirement to have Giant Faction to attend.

The Loot procedure is fairly simple. We use a Pick 3 Greed style which allows you to pick any 3 drops from the West ToV loot table, any slot, any type of armor, but you can only pick 1 Major item (Chest or Legs) and 2 Minor items. If the item you picked drops then you and others who picked the item also roll for the item /ran 1000. If you are the only one who picked it, then the item defaults to you. You do not need to be able to use the item in order to choose it, nor does the item need to go to your character. You may attend and participate for friends or alts. Since the loot style is greed, once you win the item is yours and it is your responsibility to make sure the item goes to whomever you want it to go. Any item that is not picked is free rolled by everyone who has sent me their choices.

Some of the nice drops include:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Warlord%27s_Breastplate

https://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Invoker

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spirit_Caller%27s_Greaves

https://wiki.project1999.com/Golden_Star_Pants

The procedure of the raid is very similar to Halls of Testing, however West mobs are easier than HoT. They do not rampage, have less hit points, and are lower in level. Some mobs will gate, some will CH, red wurms will enrage, but the rest will flee. Resistance gear is a must!

Since this raid is informal, we will be relying upon attendance. We can do West with as little as 10 people if we have all the right classes, but unless we have those core classes we cannot attempt. At a minimum we need at least 2 clerics, a mana pumper (necro, mage, enchanter, bard) a dedicated slower (ench/shaman) a torp shaman, Any warrior 55+ or any 60 tank, two FD classes for pulls and two DPS classes. We will meet every week at ToV and if we do not have attendance we will disband at 6:30.

You will be responsible for getting to WToV and past Sontalak. I highly suggest you move your participating characters to ToV in anticipation of the raid. Some have brought multiple characters to West ToV in order to fill in needed roles, and that has been a great help. Bring your friends, especially your cleric friends, and leave your guild tag at the door. We will see you this Friday!

Dolalin
10-04-2017, 02:43 AM
Bump

commongood
10-04-2017, 04:19 AM
Very interested in this but the time is a bit of an issue for me, being from Europe. Even one or two hours earlier start and I'd be game! Maybe in a month or so I'll be able to plan around it and make it to the current starting time.

In either case thanks for doing this, this is a major boon to the community :)

Boilon
10-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Bump for Draconite. Have been on two of these. Unfortunately I have a friend visiting IRL and have not been able to attend this at the moment. Hope it is still going well.

Sonderbeast
10-05-2017, 02:09 PM
We really need clerics this week. If you're coming, maybe bribe a cleric buddy for his assistance.

Sorry about the timing for you EU people, its the best time that works for me so that's what I have to roll with. Feel free to start up your own pick-up groups I won't be offended!

Kesselring
10-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Clerics guys, the clerics get good ac to and sta and was well as the same.mana as hp in the kael sets. It's drops a lot more often too.

Sonderbeast
10-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Raid is tonight! Come out and have some fun. Grumpy old men playing videgames best way to spend your Friday night!

Boilon
10-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Good luck Draconite. Heading to London for 5 days but I'll be back to this next Friday available to heal if you're doing it next week too!

Sonderbeast
10-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Thanks man, been working on getting a couple clerics to come consistently so that you can play your monk. Have a safe trip dude.

Nybras
10-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Bump, good luck tonight!

skarlorn
10-06-2017, 02:40 PM
cute pras it

Ennewi
10-06-2017, 11:59 PM
Very decent drops this time around, especially the plate bp and legs back to back. Grats to all the winners.

Sonderbeast
10-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Plate Breastplate went to Rhyldar, Greaves went to Marhault, Boots to Ennewi.

Leather Tunic and Cap went to Fumanshu, Other leather cap went to Caiu.

It was tough getting started but once we got rolling it was easy. Thanks everyone, come out next week!

Kesselring
10-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Great raid, good pullers, and most of all more people on giant faction and better looking plate for fashionquest/ac quest.

Sonderbeast
10-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Bump for Friday 10/17. Get some.

Jimjam
10-09-2017, 12:34 PM
I kept Jimjam at Wexit!

Sonderbeast
10-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Hah, cool. I'll probably start doing the same once my faction hits rock bottom. For now I can sneak through still, the dragons apparently are forgiving if you kill Vindi a few times.

I have a dedicated discord server set up for this week also, if you see me online before friday, pm me and I can send you the info.