PDA

View Full Version : TV chat

Pokesan
09-21-2017, 07:13 PM
due to a stunted discussion in another thread, here is a thread to talk about TV shows

Shows I watch:

South Park - E1 was a bit of a dud, too topical for no reason. I can only parse is as a complaint about people being overly self-centered, as I found the same meaning in E2 - "Are you so goddamn important("President") that you can't focus on actual problems more than what's going on in your personal life?" So far this season is shaping up to be an attack on excessive individualism, which is a neat theme.

AHS: Cult - Terrible so far. Are there clowns or aren't there? I never saw the clown season, my favorites were Coven and Roanoke. It'll pick up and I hope the blue hair guy is the mastermind, but right now I can't tell if they mean to describe Pro-Trump or Anti-Trump sentiments as a cult. Perhaps both?

NFL - Lots and lots of bad teams this year. Bitch and moan to your hearts content about the stupid fuckers coaching/playing for your team. FIRE TOM CABLE FIRE DARRELL BEVELL seahawks are garbage

I'd love to hear about other shows too so chime in with whatever - I would ESPECIALLY like to hear about girl shows in the vein of Basketball Wives or Bad Girls Club. I've always been curious but could never swallow the implication of actually watching them.

:)

e: do not talk about game of thrones there's already a thread for that cu in 2019

mickmoranis
09-21-2017, 08:06 PM
If you like TNG, the Orville is great, its not like galaxy quest or family guy at all, it actually is basically like startrek TNG that doesnt take itself 100% seriously. More like 80%

AzzarTheGod
09-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Orville

mickmoranis
09-21-2017, 09:15 PM
also on that note if you like scifi stuff with a sense of humor, these are some shows that might have gone under yer radar:

people of earth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64Bo9J-t1I)
Other Space (https://www.yahoo.com/tv/other-space-episode-1-into-the-great-211801697.html)
Todd and the book of Pure Evil (this one is like evil dead, but way better than the evil dead tv show) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558128/)

xtraball
09-22-2017, 04:31 AM
I dig Lucifer. Cool dude.

xtraball
09-22-2017, 04:36 AM
And although I've been watching the reruns on and on, I still laugh at TBBT.

Welcome to Fun with Flags (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6xz19186o)

Swish
09-22-2017, 04:41 AM
I liek Game of Thrones people die al ot

AzzarTheGod
09-22-2017, 05:39 AM
Laeelane - Human Monk - Disciple of the 11th level, Ashen Order - <Cracked Staff Artisans >
Sanbanya - Half-Elf Warrior - 8
Wenglaern - Human Wizard - 7 < Auld Lang Syne >
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 3
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 7 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 3 < Auld Lang Syne >

Whirled
09-22-2017, 06:12 AM
Curious George: Whew, where to begin. This hairy little guy wont stop being a little terror. Good thing the Man with yellow hat either is just imagining this shit due to his selling/taking acid or we're meant to believe George never decides to rip any ones face off. You be the judge!

Sports: When I watch sports, I want to either bludgeon some(one or thing) with large phone books about the body or just enjoy a good ol' glass of windex. Damn, where did I leave my drink at?

Commercials: I hate cheetos but I like the one where the robot smacks the two nerds for eating cheetos. Every one should have one of these to slap some sense into each of us from time to time. But again, just my opinion; so take that with a grain of salt.

Some zombie show: If I see another bad actor(ess) walk thru an apocalyptic show set and brain another make-up covered zombie; I may have to form up a group and have a sit in. Maybe even sing songs like"hell no, we wont go", while we stare at a wall of some building for in inordinate amount of time. Hmmm...

News: What the hell has happened to people?

Baler
09-22-2017, 07:42 AM
T-V? do you mean ToV? What is this T-V you speak of?
I have internet, is it like that?

maskedmelon
09-22-2017, 08:31 AM
i don't have cable or Netflix or any other streaming service so do not watch much tv :/

i watch guru-nai on occasion though. its a fun show with a group of comedians who go to various restaurants and have to try to guess the prices of the dishes they order to arrive at the average price of eating at the establishment. If they get close to the correct price with their orders, they win some money, but if they are the farthest off they have to pay for everyone's meal. Can learn a lot about different dishes, their preparation and fine eating establishments across Japan ^^

Pokesan
09-22-2017, 09:04 AM
T-V? do you mean ToV? What is this T-V you speak of?
I have internet, is it like that?

video content in an episodic format = TV
boobgirls on twitch technically count, but the writing is usually bad

Pokesan
09-23-2017, 12:03 AM
If you like TNG, the Orville is great, its not like galaxy quest or family guy at all, it actually is basically like startrek TNG that doesnt take itself 100% seriously. More like 80%

ep1 was good i liked the part with the dog licking its balls

will watch more thanks for the recco

georgie
09-23-2017, 12:22 AM
Orville

Oi