PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: NPC charm seems broken

planarity
09-09-2017, 09:45 PM
players charmed by NPCs no longer attack other players, instead standing in place as if mezzed. I've experienced this both in tofs (that special vampirecharm or whatever) and just now in MM (regular beguile). another player hit me with a debuff and I still didn't attack him I don't think (charm broke shortly after so I'm not totally sure).

nilbog
11-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Is this still happening? How long as it been happening?

Rhoklaw
11-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Don't mean to interrupt, but how does charm work with NPCs? I know when an Enchanter charms a pet and the Enchanter dies, that charmed pet is immediately freed from charm correct?

Well, yesterday, the Scryer in Upper Guk charmed my earth pet, I still managed to kill the Scryer, but my earth pet remained charm long enough to beat the living crap out of me. At least a good 30 seconds after the Scryer died.

planarity
12-14-2017, 06:32 AM
Is this still happening? How long as it been happening?

Yes it's still happening. I got charmed in SG a few days ago and I just stood there, not attacking the rest of my group. I think when I made my bug post it was the first time I noticed it, but I can't say for sure.

planarity
12-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Don't mean to interrupt, but how does charm work with NPCs? I know when an Enchanter charms a pet and the Enchanter dies, that charmed pet is immediately freed from charm correct?

Well, yesterday, the Scryer in Upper Guk charmed my earth pet, I still managed to kill the Scryer, but my earth pet remained charm long enough to beat the living crap out of me. At least a good 30 seconds after the Scryer died.

As best I can remember, once your pet is charmed, it's forever an enemy. You wont be able to get it back unless you or someone else charms it, and if it ever gets blurred it will poof. Not sure if this is the correct behaviour, but iirc it's always been that way on p99.