PDA

View Full Version : Dkp price list

Mistle
09-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Anyone have a dkp system's price list/details for this era (Luclin would be fine too)? I'm in a loot council system myself but I am curious what dkp systems thought velious item values were like.

Anyone have one that is still publically viewable?

Cecily
09-09-2017, 11:38 AM
In every DKP guild I've been a part of it has always been open or private bids, not set prices.

BDA didn't track attendance at all. Loot council determined by which rarely seen officers were in attendance at the time.

Forceful Entry awarded various DKP amounts for kills depending on target priority. For example, 15 DKP for VS and 25 for Trakanon. Think it was 5 DKP / hour for tracking. Bids sent anonymously to officers. Inflated DKP system.

TMO would give you 1 DKP per raid and I think it was .5 DKP / hour tracking. Thier DKP wasn't spent, but was used as a hierarchy system to determine who got awarded via loot council.

Awakened uses the same system as Forceful Entry did. Blind bids, inflated DKP.

Rustle awarded 1 DKP per kill. No tracking DKP. Open bids in guild chat.

radda
09-09-2017, 11:03 PM
I miss open bidding

Mistle
09-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I know guilds I was in in the distant past had set prices, but their websites are long gone.

Baler
09-11-2017, 04:06 PM
My basic understanding is that there is no 'set dkp price' for specific items. People bid their DKP on items, I guess some guilds have a cap bid.

problems with both:
DKP can promote some seriously lazy leeching. I imagine people showing up to raids and doing just the bare bone minimal to get their dkp then log out.
Loot Council depends on having honest people running it. Otherwise friends and family come first. And unlike dkp you can stack the odds in your favor by never submiting for items until the one item you want is dropped.

Both systems favor the core classes. Tank/Healer/Dps if something drops that can help them, especially the tank,. Then chances are they'll end up getting it somehow.

This is what i've read and gathered online. If i'm wrong let me know.

Mistle
09-14-2017, 08:46 PM
There have been systems in the past where items had a set cost, no bidding.

Was a pretty long shot to see one of those systems nowadays though, dated from back then.