PDA

View Full Version : Tea Thread

maskedmelonpai
08-21-2017, 09:57 AM
so i started drinking tea. i used to drink it sometime, but not very often, but I did liek it a whole lot and I still do. so I bought a bunch of different types of tea from wall mart and now am having a couple cups a day. ^^ I've always lieked Earl Grey, I think it is probably my favorite tea, but ive also decided to give a few others a try. i got a nifty variety pack that has English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey and Lady Grey. i had no idea there was a Lady Grey! i also purchased a variety of minty teas because I liek mint and it make you pretty (*^^*)

This morning I had Irish breakfast. it is supposed to be on the stronger end, but tbh, I have a hard time right now telling a strong tea from a weak tea. Either way it smell super good and I really do t understand why maybe someone would not liek strong tea. it ain't liek strong coffe, where it taste like burned turd if it too strong (seriously SCREW bold coffees) so I don't get it.

Anyway, I am going to go have my second cup and sample the Plantation Mint variety that I picked up. it supposed to be a black tea with spearment, so maybe taste liek toothpaste, but I hope not. i am presently trying to dissociate spearmint with toothpaste so that I can enjoy it more (because i liek all the other mints and it seem unjust to exclude this one). i used to love spearmint gum when I was little, but as I got older just seemed to associate it more and more with toothpaste :c

Lune
08-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Find out what kind of tea they use in good Chinese restaurants to make it taste super fucking tasty and report back to me.

maskedmelonpai
08-21-2017, 10:24 AM
i would guess it a oolong, but I dunno tbh. I will research and see what I find. i don't go to Chinese restaurants though, so it gonna be hard for me to compare ;n; and know if I on the right track.

Ceylon tea (served at thai restaurants) is super tricking fantastic though :3

Jpasson
08-21-2017, 11:50 AM
darjeeling

Baler
08-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Mint Tea for pleasure
Camomile for upset stomach.

:)

xtraball
08-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Here's a little presentation of the different families of tea :

http://spicetrekkers.com/the-seven-tea-families/

brightlights
08-22-2017, 09:18 AM
There was this tea store I used to go to that was owned by this 7 foot tall 60 year old Russian dude covered in tattoos. I was sure he was a reformed Russian gangster who had escaped the motherland.

His shop is gone now, hopefully they didn't find him :(

Jimjam
08-22-2017, 09:40 AM
You need to go to Fortnum & Mason if you want tea!

Personally I like my tea like Stephen K Amos; English and Black.

maskedmelonpai
08-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Here's a little presentation of the different families of tea :

http://spicetrekkers.com/the-seven-tea-families/

nifty thanks!

so, the spearmint tea that I had yesterday turned out fantastic. not sure why I thought maybe I don't like it. maybe just something wrong with my brain ^^;

Anyway, I had Lady Grey this morning and am pretty happy about it. It a lot liek Earl Grey, but softer fruitier and lighter I think. the thing I liek about tea most is that the smell is almost like a mental massage. it feel like it relax my brain :3 i think next time I will use a bit of sweetener. This time I just went aunaturale because I wasn't feeling like anything sweet, but I think the Lady Grey would really pair well with a bit of sugar ^^

xtraball
08-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Personnaly, I prefer plain tea to flavoured, unless it's high quality Earl Grey or Jasmine.
I'm quite found of smoked tea, especially when eating.

White and yellow are for relaxing. I'd have Wulong all day long. And young Pu Ehr only, not too matured, for the next morning hangover.

For 5 o'clock, a Keemun or Darjeeling, with pastries of course !

And of course no milk and no sugar !!

Swish
08-22-2017, 01:33 PM
A good English breakfast tea is the best tea, having tried a bunch and just not enjoying them as much. I grew up on PG Tips, my parents both drank it and my dad had me making cups of tea for him all the time from about the age of 8-9 so I got good pretty early at knowing about strength and why too much milk makes for a very sad cup of tea :p

But yeah, import some PG Tips (@America/Canada)...try it, its still the best I've had (better than anything by Twinings), oh and dont forget to pay your tax on it this time <3

skarlorn
08-22-2017, 02:13 PM
I love tea. I love green tea and oolong teas, in particular. My favorite oolong tea is monkey-picked Tieguanyin (Iron Goddess of Mercy). I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.

pras et

xtraball
08-23-2017, 04:09 AM
I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.

Way to go !

maskedmelonpai
08-23-2017, 12:14 PM
A good English breakfast tea is the best tea, having tried a bunch and just not enjoying them as much. I grew up on PG Tips, my parents both drank it and my dad had me making cups of tea for him all the time from about the age of 8-9 so I got good pretty early at knowing about strength and why too much milk makes for a very sad cup of tea :p

But yeah, import some PG Tips (@America/Canada)...try it, its still the best I've had (better than anything by Twinings), oh and dont forget to pay your tax on it this time <3

lol ^o^

some of the stuff that I have is Twinnings :3 i will see if I can locate any PG Tips and give it a go ^^

how much milk do you usually put in tea? I've never actually done that, but it sounds good! i try to limit dairy though because it give me headaches, so I probably will try with soy milk. soy pairs wonderfully with coffee. am curious to see how it do with tea ^^

Robot
08-23-2017, 12:22 PM
I'm a huge tea drinker I love almost all teas and the best tea I ever had was lotus blossom tea I cannot remember what brand it was but it was amazing.

xtraball
08-23-2017, 02:05 PM
how much milk do you usually put in tea? I've never actually done that, but it sounds good! i try to limit dairy though because it give me headaches, so I probably will try with soy milk. soy pairs wonderfully with coffee. am curious to see how it do with tea ^^

NO MILK !!!!!

-TK-
08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
I love tea. I love green tea and oolong teas, in particular. My favorite oolong tea is monkey-picked Tieguanyin (Iron Goddess of Mercy). I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.

pras et

This right here. Hopefully you made sure to get a lead-free yixing pot. A lot of the cheaper pots are not. You have to pay a pretty penny for a decent lead-free hand-crafted pot. Oolongs are my favorite Chinese tea. If I want something stronger, I'll pull out a Puer cake. We had a great place called Seven Cups in Denver up until a few years ago that imported the Chinese teas directly from several growers. Now I think they only have a shop in Tucson.

hyejin
08-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Milk in tea?! no no never except chai [that needs milk and sugar (but it's hardly "tea" at that point, might as well be a starbucks drink)].

I like jasmine and genmaicha, and spearmint :3

also, english and irish breakfast both taste like socks to me. am I the only one?

maskedmelonpai
08-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Milk in tea?! no no never except chai [that needs milk and sugar (but it's hardly "tea" at that point, might as well be a starbucks drink)].

I like jasmine and genmaicha, and spearmint :3

also, english and irish breakfast both taste like socks to me. am I the only one?

omgosh lol a sock!? you too cute ^o^

have you ever done milk though? i not tried it, but I know it popular with the English (or at least that a image i always had) and as far as koucha go, it actually pretty popular in japan too :3

Lune
08-25-2017, 10:57 AM
This thread went full snob

I'll drink tea-flavored water product out of a plastic bottle from walmart and like it

Don't do to tea what they did to wine and steak. fuckers

xtraball
08-25-2017, 11:20 AM
That's too late, bro, wayyyy too late...

hyejin
08-25-2017, 11:22 AM
omgosh lol a sock!? you too cute ^o^

have you ever done milk though? i not tried it, but I know it popular with the English (or at least that a image i always had) and as far as koucha go, it actually pretty popular in japan too :3

i have tried it in lots of different teas. It only goes okay in black teas. I found that when adding milk, I had to add sugar to make it delicious. just milk alone caused me to regret. [and i always add cream to coffee]

did you mean milk in koucha is popular in japan?! Seems a spurious claim. also do i come off like a peon if i call it genmaicha? is it two different things? i called it that because i had forgot the name and googled it :o

I'll drink tea-flavored water product out of a plastic bottle from walmart and like it

quit drinking sugared beverages while you're ahead. be a light in the lives of your loved ones. ^_^

maskedmelonpai
08-25-2017, 11:43 AM
i have tried it in lots of different teas. It only goes okay in black teas. I found that when adding milk, I had to add sugar to make it delicious. just milk alone caused me to regret. [and i always add cream to coffee]

that make sense i think :3 though, that actually remind me, i HAVE had milk with maccha as a maccha latte and that was pretty good ^^

did you mean milk in koucha is popular in japan?! Seems a spurious claim. also do i come off like a peon if i call it genmaicha? is it two different things? i called it that because i had forgot the name and googled it :o

Yes! :3 koucha with milk is pretty popular, but generally as a packaged beverage. They also serve maccha lattes at some coffeeshops/restaurants ^^ And omgosh no, you not wrong at all saying genmaicha. Koucha is black tea :3 Genmaicha is a brown rice green tea, sencha is ordinary green tea and maccha is green tea that is ground to a powder and mixed into hot water rather than steeping leaves and removing them ^^ there others too, but i can't recall them off the top of my head. some are particularly woody tasting ^o^

xtraball
08-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Matcha with milk... good grief....

skarlorn
08-25-2017, 05:10 PM
This right here. Hopefully you made sure to get a lead-free yixing pot. A lot of the cheaper pots are not. You have to pay a pretty penny for a decent lead-free hand-crafted pot. Oolongs are my favorite Chinese tea. If I want something stronger, I'll pull out a Puer cake. We had a great place called Seven Cups in Denver up until a few years ago that imported the Chinese teas directly from several growers. Now I think they only have a shop in Tucson.

Dang i didn't do this! I'm almost DEF sippin lead :-o

and aww hell yaeh to the puer cake ref. When I found about puerh i KNEW it was for me. Like shoe leather. I love the stuff.

NO MILK !!!!!
x1000

sorry pal tea has been snobby for literally a thousand years or more, it's awesome

Matcha with milk... good grief....
:)

AzzarTheGod
08-25-2017, 05:14 PM
*saves thread*

This 1's a beast