PDA

View Full Version : Brand New new album released

radda
08-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Science Fiction was released.
5th album from Brand New
which will also be their last.
if you can make a show on this up coming tour, dont miss it.
they are breaking up

AzzarTheGod
08-18-2017, 07:44 PM
*pans lens to radda*

Tasslehofp99
08-18-2017, 07:59 PM
Emo is for teen girls, lol can't believe someone would admit they listen to them as an adult.

Trophy Scars
08-19-2017, 08:33 AM
What do you listen to Tasslehof ?

Ahldagor
08-19-2017, 10:15 AM
What's brand new?

xtraball
08-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Royal Blood kicks ass !!

AzzarTheGod
08-19-2017, 06:06 PM
What's brand new?

its a poopy band that is popular with ppl who like loud noise and shouting into a microphone

kids used to suck their dicks hard in 2002-2004.

dafier
08-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Is it similar to ..???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzA4XLjRaM

AzzarTheGod
08-21-2017, 05:29 PM
So finishing up the album now. Its has some good songs on it but the over all 'feel' of the record is "I am terribly misunderstood and I want to die but maybe you can understand my complicated mind, someone f#cking save me". Cant recall a single up tempo punk song on the entire thing, kind of disappointing in that regard. Definitely 'artsy'

wow huge shocker underground punk band makes artsy record

AzzarTheGod
08-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Wow brand new is super emo tell us more

chadtwoke
08-22-2017, 10:21 PM
everquest

radda
08-24-2017, 07:52 PM
deff a mature album. not my favorite but set the bar for aging bands. never sell out ya gates.

radda
08-24-2017, 07:54 PM
brand new and the chariot obviously my favorite bands. hurt my feelings some more

Kaezyr D`Shiv
08-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Radda, thanks for posting this. This album was a long time coming and I had no idea this just happened. My favorite album from them was "Deja Entendu" by far, but always held a place for them in my music collection.

Kaezyr D`Shiv
08-29-2017, 01:16 PM
update: So I checked out the latest Brand New Album "Science Fiction" on Spotify last night. I am only about 4-5 songs in thus far, and have been severely disappointed. The last album 2009's "Daisy" was pretty awful for my tastes, but at least there were a few shining spots.

Thus far, for me at least, it has been a complete disappointment.

I will give it a try and listen to the rest of it tonight. Jesse Lacey, don't let me down.

I cannot believe that the term "EMO" became a thing. It's music, all music reflects/elicits emotions to some degree.

I will say that it is really is no big deal since I discovered another great Long Island band and musician/artist in Bayside/Anthony Raneri. Check them out! Their self-titled 2005 release is what got me hooked. Great songs to listen to: "Devotion and Desire" "Tortures of the Damned" and "Montauk"

Llandris
08-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Deja Entendu and Your Favortite Weapon were both some of my favorites growing up. This new album is just not very good. The punk band of yore has turned into a weird version of Dashboard Confessional meets Gorillaz.

Check out Pinegrove though - I am still listening to them a lot after finding them last week

Their Audiotree live session is one of my favorite from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JvG551iDTE

radda
09-05-2017, 02:21 AM
Daisy grew on me over time,
but what i see is Jesse let down his guard and SFiction is deff not like the others, it's a great example of a band maturing , or dying in this instance.
IMO

Jarnauga
09-05-2017, 01:31 PM
The World Is A Beautiful Place (https://youtu.be/i3D0tMQxLo4)

+

island Of Misfit Toys (https://youtu.be/bzOt6_L8qqc)

That's all.

Evia
09-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I like a lot of bands that are compared to Brand New. Brand New also tends to tour with bands I like. I just never could get into them myself.

I love that "emo post hardcore" sound though. Stuff like Thrice, Thursday, and Circa Survive. You dig either of those 3?
Thrice dropped a new record not long ago and it's fantastic! It's titled "To be everywhere is to be nowhere" I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: some other albums to check!

Lydia - Illuminate
Bright Eyes - I'm wide awake it's mourning
Circa Survive - On Letting Go
Lorene Drive - Romantic Wealth
Finch - What it is to burn
The Color Morale - Know Hope
Underoath - Define The Great Line
Emarosa - self titled
The used - self titled
A skylit drive - she watched the sky
Thrice - Vheissu
Thursday - full collapse
The kinison - mortgage is bank
Vendetta Red - sisters of the red death
Shreddy Krueger - Deeper Darker
Secret and whisper - Great White Whale
I See Stars - Treehouse
Jamies Elsewhere - they said a storm was coming
The devil wears prada - zombie EP
Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
Dredg - catch without arms
La dispute - wildlife
As cities burn - come now sleep
City and colour - little hell
The Chariot - wars and rumors of wars
Saosin - translating the name ep
Saosin - self titled
Nurses - hangin nothing but our hands down
Taking back Sunday - tell all your friends
Scary kids scaring kids - the city sleeps in flames
Chiodos - all's well that ends well

I'll add more later :)

AzzarTheGod
09-09-2017, 07:22 PM
oooo and he went to the store oooo and he went to the store ooo and he went to the store oooo and we went to the store

new brand new lyrics so edgy avant guarde .

yeah we went to the store lmao so punk whooooooo talk about some mundane poop and sell it as art. they sucked the dick of brand new in 2002 and they are sucking the dick of brand new in 2017. real sad grow up.

radda
09-09-2017, 10:44 PM
oooo and he went to the store oooo and he went to the store ooo and he went to the store oooo and we went to the store

new brand new lyrics so edgy avant guarde .

yeah we went to the store lmao so punk whooooooo talk about some mundane poop and sell it as art. they sucked the dick of brand new in 2002 and they are sucking the dick of brand new in 2017. real sad grow up.

you must hate modest mouse too,
gtfo alligator

radda
09-09-2017, 10:45 PM
I like a lot of bands that are compared to Brand New. Brand New also tends to tour with bands I like. I just never could get into them myself.

I love that "emo post hardcore" sound though. Stuff like Thrice, Thursday, and Circa Survive. You dig either of those 3?
Thrice dropped a new record not long ago and it's fantastic! It's titled "To be everywhere is to be nowhere" I'd highly recommend it.

Lydia - Illuminate
Emarosa - self titled
The used - self titled
Thrice - Vheissu
Thursday - full collapse
I See Stars - Treehouse
La dispute - wildlife
Saosin - self titled

I listen to most of those, I don't like I see stars tho lol

Kaezyr D`Shiv
09-14-2017, 01:54 AM
Listened to the Brand new album a few more times - its actually growing on me a little. First listen was rough, but the last couple have not been bad. It keeps poping up on my youtube playlist and I keep letting it go....

Funny thing you had posted this, because I came to say basically the same thing. It is still nowhere near as good as their older stuff, maybe just knowing this is the last of Brand New made me want to like it. If anything its very reminiscent of a mix of their Daisy album and the Leaked Album stuff.

AzzarTheGod
09-14-2017, 03:04 AM
for every post spyder makes about how he is enjoying the new brand new album ill make 1 post about how im not enjoying it

Kaezyr D`Shiv
09-14-2017, 12:25 PM

Lydia - Illuminate
Emarosa - self titled
The used - self titled
Thrice - Vheissu
Thursday - full collapse
I See Stars - Treehouse
La dispute - wildlife
Saosin - self titled

I listen to most of those, I don't like I see stars tho lol

I was thinking of a list of some somewhat obscure bands in the wide fitting rock (punk/emo mostly) genre that I love.

Have Any of you heard of/liked these bands? (you might have a hard time finding anything on a couple of them):

No Motiv
Silver Snakes
The Darlings
Fire When Ready
Let Me Run/Banquets
Deadhand/Mercy Music
Tickle Me Pink
The Road Home
We Are the Union

Evia
09-17-2017, 07:11 PM
I was thinking of a list of some somewhat obscure bands in the wide fitting rock (punk/emo mostly) genre that I love.

Have Any of you heard of/liked these bands? (you might have a hard time finding anything on a couple of them):

No Motiv
Silver Snakes
The Darlings
Fire When Ready
Let Me Run/Banquets
Deadhand/Mercy Music
Tickle Me Pink
The Road Home
We Are the Union

Only silver snakes. I'll have to check out the others. Any specific songs or albums?

Kaeru
09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Anyone a fan of The Dear Hunter, Receiving End of Sirens, Envy on the Coast ?

AzzarTheGod
09-21-2017, 05:42 AM
lucky day ...too burnt out to listen to the album this week and throw the critical strikes that this thread calls for

Shrubwise
09-21-2017, 05:55 AM
Is this thread about a Brand New brand new album, and if it were a first-time listener, it would be a brand new Brand new experience of the brand new Brand New album?

radda
09-21-2017, 06:29 AM
lucky day ...too burnt out to listen to the album this week and throw the critical strikes that this thread calls for

no, you just have nothing as always.
anyone can dunk a toddler basket
you wish

Kaezyr D`Shiv
09-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Only silver snakes. I'll have to check out the others. Any specific songs or albums?

Sure thing Evia, See below. I love sharing great music with others. I had a former co-worker and I that would dropbox entire albums to each other. Let me know if you/or anyone here want to check out any of these I can arrange it If you cant find them yourself on YouTube or "wherever":

No Motiv - Their first album (And The Sadness Prevails) I like a lot, later stuff leaned into the emo genre a little I feel, still really good. The song "The Waiting Hurt" was actually somewhat popularish, maybe a video for it too. My favorite song by them isn't even on an actual album its from a comp, called "Meanwhile"

Silver Snakes - Love these guys, I discovered them because the above band's own Roger Camero actually produced them on his own label. My favorite was the 1st album: "Pictures of a Floating World". Newer stuff is pretty good too. Saw them play a small warehouse here in Vegas, and also played a kick ass set here at the "Brooklyn Bowl" along with Glassjaw, and Coheed and Cambria, great live show by all of them. Ive never been crazy about Glassjaw, but my wife has always liked them.

The Darlings - The 1st songs I ever heard is I think an EP called "Captivated" which is good stuff, these guys are like a mesh of Social Distortion mixed with some Strung Out. (Buddy the singer is very good friends and collaborated with Jason of Strung out on his solo folky punktry stuff - Jason Cruz and Howl.) If your looking to check just one song try: "Broken Heart Still Beating" it was #1 on LA's own KROQ "Locals only" show for a long time apparently.

Fire When Ready - only 1 album I ever found, I had to order it online. I discovered them by random station on Pandora for the above band No Motiv. song was: "Oh What a Clever Façade!!" , the album is called "As The Sky Stared Down With Angry Clouds"

Let Me Run/Banquets - formerly known as LMR, their best stuff imo is the 1st album: "Meet Me at the Bottom". They later reformed as Banquets, same singer pretty good stuff too

Deadhand/Mercy Music - local Las Vegas band a friend of mine I worked with turned me on to. The only album I know of is: Deadhand (Self Titled), I love the sound, but I feel the lyrics to be a little weak/repetitive at times. still a decent listen. MM is pretty much the lead singer solo after his former bandmates moved to CA.

Tickle Me Pink - some high powered/high pitched emo vocals, I feel a lot in the style of The Academy Is/Manchester Orchestra. They had a song featured in the game Rock Band in some additional DLC that was added called "The Time is Wrong", give it a listen maybe you've "played" it before, its quite a catchy tune. In addition that album is called Madeline, give a listen to "Madeline" off of the album, very high powered emotional song, I love it.

The Road Home - The Netherlands answer to Brian Fallon's band Gaslight Anthem. Decent rock sounds from europe

and lastly, not in the EMO genre in the least, but:

We Are the Union - what the punk band Four Year Strong, would sound like with a SKA sound and horns, so definitely some Less Than Jake influence in there. Check out the album "Who We Are" and especially song #1 "MTV Is Over, If You Want It"

AzzarTheGod
09-24-2017, 07:13 PM
no, you just have nothing as always.
anyone can dunk a toddler basket
you wish

*face turns red*

*swings arm in wide arc knocking homemade daggers to the floor*

*stands up abruptly knocking table over and scrambles toward radda*

*hurls pokeball*

*radda teleports to a bookshelf*

*radda teleports back to his home*

*ATG dumbfounded and frustrated*

*messages Ghetsis on skype typing out what happened*

radda
09-24-2017, 10:44 PM
good artist up in here.
got my ticket for hopefully the last show i see of Brand New.
they were quite expensive, i remember paying 20 dollars

Evia
09-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Sure thing Evia, See below. I love sharing great music with others. I had a former co-worker and I that would dropbox entire albums to each other. Let me know if you/or anyone here want to check out any of these I can arrange it If you cant find them yourself on YouTube or "wherever":

No Motiv - Their first album (And The Sadness Prevails) I like a lot, later stuff leaned into the emo genre a little I feel, still really good. The song "The Waiting Hurt" was actually somewhat popularish, maybe a video for it too. My favorite song by them isn't even on an actual album its from a comp, called "Meanwhile"

Silver Snakes - Love these guys, I discovered them because the above band's own Roger Camero actually produced them on his own label. My favorite was the 1st album: "Pictures of a Floating World". Newer stuff is pretty good too. Saw them play a small warehouse here in Vegas, and also played a kick ass set here at the "Brooklyn Bowl" along with Glassjaw, and Coheed and Cambria, great live show by all of them. Ive never been crazy about Glassjaw, but my wife has always liked them.

The Darlings - The 1st songs I ever heard is I think an EP called "Captivated" which is good stuff, these guys are like a mesh of Social Distortion mixed with some Strung Out. (Buddy the singer is very good friends and collaborated with Jason of Strung out on his solo folky punktry stuff - Jason Cruz and Howl.) If your looking to check just one song try: "Broken Heart Still Beating" it was #1 on LA's own KROQ "Locals only" show for a long time apparently.

Fire When Ready - only 1 album I ever found, I had to order it online. I discovered them by random station on Pandora for the above band No Motiv. song was: "Oh What a Clever Façade!!" , the album is called "As The Sky Stared Down With Angry Clouds"

Let Me Run/Banquets - formerly known as LMR, their best stuff imo is the 1st album: "Meet Me at the Bottom". They later reformed as Banquets, same singer pretty good stuff too

Deadhand/Mercy Music - local Las Vegas band a friend of mine I worked with turned me on to. The only album I know of is: Deadhand (Self Titled), I love the sound, but I feel the lyrics to be a little weak/repetitive at times. still a decent listen. MM is pretty much the lead singer solo after his former bandmates moved to CA.

Tickle Me Pink - some high powered/high pitched emo vocals, I feel a lot in the style of The Academy Is/Manchester Orchestra. They had a song featured in the game Rock Band in some additional DLC that was added called "The Time is Wrong", give it a listen maybe you've "played" it before, its quite a catchy tune. In addition that album is called Madeline, give a listen to "Madeline" off of the album, very high powered emotional song, I love it.

The Road Home - The Netherlands answer to Brian Fallon's band Gaslight Anthem. Decent rock sounds from europe

and lastly, not in the EMO genre in the least, but:

We Are the Union - what the punk band Four Year Strong, would sound like with a SKA sound and horns, so definitely some Less Than Jake influence in there. Check out the album "Who We Are" and especially song #1 "MTV Is Over, If You Want It"

Cool man thanks! I'm always looking for good new music! Especially of the indie/punk/emo/post hardcore variety! Ill comment back after I listen to them! And as I sit here writing this im wearing a glassjaw shirt! So your wife sounds like a real keeper! Freaking love those guys! Their debut album is easily a top 10 album of all time for me.

Have you guys heard the new A Lot Like Birds album Divisi? They drastically changed their sound, but I absolutely love it. My favorite new album this year!