PDA

View Full Version : Close the red server and open a fresh blue server in its place.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Well?

Izmael
08-17-2017, 12:36 PM
no

Qtip
08-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Yes.

Keep blue open and when finished with the timeline turn red into a new blue server with a classic timeline. Red is a waste of guides time, donation money and so on. The 12 people that enjoy everquest pvp (lol) can play blue and duel each other or something.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Yes.

Keep blue open and when finished with the timeline turn red into a new blue server with a classic timeline. Red is a waste of guides time, donation money and so on. The 12 people that enjoy everquest pvp (lol) can play blue and duel each other or something.

Well said. The only stay at home sons left on Red99 aren't interested in PvPing anyways.

The votes are pouring in like gravy. Many people, some of the best people, they're very, very good. And beautiful. They said this is the greatest movement ever seen in the history of Norrath. All the top people agree.

supermonk
08-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Well said. The only stay at home sons left on Red99 aren't interested in PvPing anyways.

no one was ever interested in pvping on the red server for years..

Slathar
08-17-2017, 12:57 PM
no one was ever interested in pvping on the red server for years..

It's true. Vote yes and we will make a second blue server the choice for the great people of Norrath. Make Norrath great again.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Additionally, current red server players can get a naked transfer to blue 1.0 so they don't lose their progress.

Baler
08-17-2017, 01:30 PM
No
Do Discord || teams pvp || custom-blue

:)

---
By the way it is confirmed by Lord Nilbog that guild wars will be added to blue at some point.

Mead
08-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Sounds like an rmt ploy

loramin
08-17-2017, 01:39 PM
I really don't think it's going to happen, just because of what the project is about.

First off, PvP servers were part of classic EQ. The goal of Project 1999 is to re-create classic EQ. If people couldn't experience the joy/horror of classic PvP then Project 1999 would have partially failed at their goal.

Second, Blue has been around for many years now, and for most of that time people have been asking/begging/demanding a new server. But every single time the staff repeats the same thing (if they even bother to respond at all): you'll get a new server when we're done with the code. If the last fifty people requesting a new server got that answer, why would things be any different now, especially when the devs are closer than ever to completing their ultimate goal?

Just be patient, enjoy what you have (a really awesome classic Everquest server with great staff supporting it), and someday there will be a new server for us all to enjoy.

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 01:53 PM
NICE TROLL THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, YES I support this movement and cause!

Down with red! Up with Green!

Slathar
08-17-2017, 02:09 PM
NICE TROLL THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, YES I support this movement and cause!

Down with red! Up with Green!

How is this a troll thread? Fake news.

Jimjam
08-17-2017, 02:13 PM
I'd vote yes for a vanilla locked blue server. Any other newblue would just be a needless duplication of the blue we already have.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 02:16 PM
77% of the entire player base who voted in this poll want to make Norrath great again, folks. Don't be one of the low-energy 23%.

Vote to close it.

NegaStoat
08-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Voted Yes. New Blue pure server w/ original to velious content with one custom feature.
Hardcap level of 40 for characters.

Let the Hard Mode begin.

mickmoranis
08-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Close the red server, force all red players to interact with all blue players constantly.

Manditory at minimum 1 red player promoted to officer status in each blue guild.

move pvp forums to blue serverchat

http://i.imgur.com/2ZxIoJY.gif

Mead
08-17-2017, 02:31 PM
Close the red server, force all red players to interact with all blue players constantly.

Manditory at minimum 1 red player promoted to officer status in each blue guild.

move pvp forums to blue serverchat

http://i.imgur.com/2ZxIoJY.gif

Minimum of a GED required to be leadership in any guild on blue. Won't be happenin'

indiscriminate_hater
08-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes - I would love to see the exact moment when people realize a new server isn't solving any problems

Swish
08-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Blue players dont care whether its shut down or not, people will throw anything under the bus for something new ^^

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Blue players dont care whether its shut down or not, people will throw anything under the bus for something new ^^

True. We need something NEW after years of wonderful p99 blue/red.

***Glad you you support the movement.

Ivah
08-17-2017, 02:41 PM
In B4 trannies take over thread and ask fro a rainbow server

kotton05
08-17-2017, 02:59 PM
if you play red and blue, you're a therefor purple

Baler
08-17-2017, 03:02 PM
if you play red and blue, you're a therefor purple

I got a gif for that.. hang on...
here it is..
http://i.imgur.com/6zmD2lA.gif

kotton05
08-17-2017, 03:03 PM
omg thats so beautiful i tear'd up. +1

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 03:29 PM
here it is..

highly applicable gif. nice job.

Vekonis
08-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Well the 8 people that play on red already voted against it, guess that's all of them. Time to shut it down

Pokesan
08-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Yes - I would love to see the exact moment when people realize a new server isn't solving any problems

Cazlo
08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
The only reason people want a new server is to get a guise. That and dreams of getting stuff from sleepers tomb. Little do they know that the same people who already got that stuff will most likely be the ones getting it again and then wake the sleeper again.

Lojik
08-17-2017, 04:21 PM
I really don't think it's going to happen, just because of what the project is about.

First off, PvP servers were part of classic EQ. The goal of Project 1999 is to re-create classic EQ. If people couldn't experience the joy/horror of classic PvP then Project 1999 would have partially failed at their goal.

Second, Blue has been around for many years now, and for most of that time people have been asking/begging/demanding a new server. But every single time the staff repeats the same thing (if they even bother to respond at all): you'll get a new server when we're done with the code. If the last fifty people requesting a new server got that answer, why would things be any different now, especially when the devs are closer than ever to completing their ultimate goal?

Just be patient, enjoy what you have (a really awesome classic Everquest server with great staff supporting it), and someday there will be a new server for us all to enjoy.

On live the pvp servers total pop was like 1/20 non pvp servers and there were 10x the number of non pvp servers. If you have only 2 servers, 2 blue servers 0 red is closer to the classic ratio than 1 to 1.

Sage Truthbearer
08-17-2017, 04:29 PM
The only reason people want a new server is to get a guise. That and dreams of getting stuff from sleepers tomb. Little do they know that the same people who already got that stuff will most likely be the ones getting it again and then wake the sleeper again.

I played on P99 when it was relatively new as well as Red99 beta and those were by far the funnest times I had playing EQ since live. It had nothing to do with getting a guise, it's just way funner to play on a fresh server where everyone's starting out from scratch. All the low-level zones are crowded to the brim, everyone is in ragtag gear doing all those shitty quests like Scarab Armor and Bullsmasher. Everyone is actually grouping up because you can't really solo efficiently in a guild tunic. The server is just a lot more social and feels a lot more alive.

Baler
08-17-2017, 04:38 PM
There is no dispute that a new fresh server would be fun.

OP is just trying to get red shutdown because he is a caustic person.

Cazlo
08-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Judging by the poll results, almost everyone is voting for a new blue. It kind of looks like they could just wipe current blue and keep red and everyone's happy.

Mead
08-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Would love to be able to wake the sleeper even faster.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 04:57 PM
Folks, our movement is the greatest of all time. Believe me, there's going to be so many, many guises you'll be sick of them. I know camps. I know all of the best camps.

Listen, we are going to shut it down and make it great. Believe me. It's a great, beautifully reviewed plan and everyone is going to come together. Jobs!

Slathar
08-17-2017, 05:11 PM
#MakeNorrathGreatAgain

#WipeRed

#DrainInnothuleSwamp

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Folks, our movement is the greatest of all time. Believe me, there's going to be so many, many guises you'll be sick of them. I know camps. I know all of the best camps.

Listen, we are going to shut it down and make it great. Believe me. It's a great, beautifully reviewed plan and everyone is going to come together. Jobs!

Will it be awwwesome? *flailing little hands in the air*

Qtip
08-17-2017, 05:37 PM

Slathar is the hero we've all been waiting for. Make norrath great again.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Listen up, folks. There's a lot of people, a lot of people, many, many smart people who have looked at the numbers. They're brilliant, believe me. They've said we are going to shut it down. We are going to because the people, my people, all the best people, want to shut it down.

#DrainInnothuleSwamp

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:05 PM
84% of the people in this poll are 100% correct every single time. The numbers don't lie. The other 16% are fake news. Sad losers! Jobs!

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:08 PM
We are going to #DrainInnothuleSwamp by wiping Red99. Your votes are needed! Let's make the stay at home sons who are mentally ill thrash around in their pizza box nests.

Vote YES to MAKE NORRATH GREAT AGAIN!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279778

DdarkED
08-17-2017, 06:20 PM
i dont see a option for shutting down blue and making a second red server. this poll is rigged

Baler
08-17-2017, 06:23 PM
99% of the people who voted yes are voting for a new server. They don't know about red or care about it. They just want a fresh start.
They'd be fine with red being left as-is and just getting another fresh start.
And the problems we have conjured as a community won't be fixed by a new server, just like they weren't fixed by velious.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:25 PM
99% of the people who voted yes are voting for a new server. They don't know about red or care about it. They just want a fresh start.

Low-energy.

shokar
08-17-2017, 06:25 PM
overwhelmingly yes

Baler
08-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Low-energy.

Obvious Red RnF in Blue Server Chat. :eek:
:rolleyes:

Slathar I don't know what happened to you to make you so jaded against red. But it's clearly obvious you're on a unwise warpath to see it taken down.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:29 PM
overwhelmingly yes

You're one of us. You're a patriot and a hero. Together we are going to #ShutItDown and #DrainInnothuleSwamp.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Obvious Red RnF in Blue Server Chat. :eek:
:rolleyes:

Slathar I don't know what happened to you to make you so jaded against red. But it's clearly obvious you're on a unwise warpath to see it taken down.

Sad! #MakeNorrathGreatAgain.

DdarkED
08-17-2017, 06:35 PM
this whole thing is rigged. he/she/it is a rooskie troll trying to trick low info eq players into voting for his agenda. if his server gets elected we all lose.

Rick Sanchez
08-17-2017, 06:39 PM
You guys ruined your own fucking server with your toxicity, deal with it.

Baler
08-17-2017, 06:40 PM
you're a special kind of special.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Patriot, we need your assistance! We are going to #BringTheGuisesBack to Norrath. Let's #ShutItDown.

Vote YES.

Ardok
08-17-2017, 06:45 PM
I couldn't agree more Rick. The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you really are, You cannot hide from yourself.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 06:49 PM
I couldn't agree more Rick. The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you really are, You cannot hide from yourself.

Many, many smart people agree. All of the best people. My uncle, smart guy. Very, very smart. Degree from Phoenix University. He told me about the numbers. All the people reviewed them beautifully. It's going to bring the guises back to Norrath, folks. Believe me.

Vote YES.

Qtip
08-17-2017, 06:49 PM

You guys? OP brings up a valid poll and you bring racism into this? Very mature.

I bet you really play on red and prey on the weak new players to the server. Well... we're glad you obtained a fungus tunic and other items and take it out on new players.

Please stay on your red server because you ruined your server and you willnt ruin mine.

Cylock
08-17-2017, 06:58 PM
No, long live Red99!

The server where you don't have to wait 16 hours +/- to actually kill a dragon with your pals.

Slathar I am disappointed you would make this thread. We all know you love red99.

MerkelMacron
08-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Cylock voted no xD

your selfless service is appreciated

but red00 in its current state does not deserve survival

burn it so new things can blossom

Slathar
08-17-2017, 07:04 PM
No, long live Red99!

The server where you don't have to wait 16 hours +/- to actually kill a dragon with your pals.

Slathar I am disappointed you would make this thread. We all know you love red99.

You are part of the #DeepState. Fake news.

Cylock help us #DrainInnothuleSwamp and bring the #Guises back to Norrath from Azeroth (currency manipulator).

Cylock
08-17-2017, 07:04 PM
During prime time red99 hits 110-140ish

Red99 has always been 10% of blue population (roughly) for many many years.

The truth of the matter is EQ PvP has always been a lower population than most EQ PvE servers.

As far as your #draintheswamp comment, l think you will agree with me when I say that's been done, and it's still a work in progress. Red99 is a lot more hospitable than it was 9 months ago.

With that said ...

Look at all the top shelf critters just waiting to be killed on RED. These raid targets are just a few examples. Most raid mobs are just there for the taking. ZERO waiting in line.

http://i.imgur.com/gkUbYwz.png

http://i.imgur.com/KGwVwKU.png

http://i.imgur.com/sXgxbvK.png

A lot of people on red are willing to help out new players! Give it a try!

Cylock
08-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Fake news

Slathar
08-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Fake news

You're fake news.

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 07:27 PM

The truth of the matter is EQ PvP has always been a lower population than most EQ PvE servers.

As far as your #draintheswamp comment, l think you will agree with me when I say that's been done, and it's still a work in progress. Red99 is a lot more hospitable than it was 9 months ago.

With that said ...

Look at all the top shelf critters just waiting to be killed on RED. These raid targets are just a few examples. Most raid mobs are just there for the taking. ZERO waiting in line.

You sure do a lot better job of recruiting for Red than explaining the camp rules of HHK. :D

Cylock
08-17-2017, 07:34 PM
You sure do a lot better job of recruiting for Red than explaining the camp rules of HHK. :D

Thank you!

Also, I think you are smart enough to know the following:

1. Never trust player logs because they can be edited so easily.

2. If you disregard number 1 ask for the entire conversation, not a chopped up version of it.

Lhancelot
08-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Thank you!

Also, I think you are smart enough to know the following:

1. Never trust player logs because they can be edited so easily.

2. If you disregard number 1 ask for the entire conversation, not a chopped up version of it.

Dang. I feel really naive now. I take back my comment of you writing in such a manner due to you being an ogre. :o

ZiggyTheMuss
08-17-2017, 08:12 PM

Red 99 is not classic pvp though.

Menden
08-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Nice selfies

Samsung
08-17-2017, 08:49 PM
you're a special kind of special.

lmfao

Slathar
08-17-2017, 09:03 PM
The people have spoken.

wiggleroom
08-17-2017, 09:32 PM
You really can't do nothing on red unless you join the bigger guild and you will never ever get the good loot. So what's the point of feeding into 25 people? They will never quit so it's 17th alts while you drop 400hours of dkp on common drops that would other wise go to the vault. And I have no idea who is buying this stuff...

I would love a new blue.

Slathar
08-17-2017, 09:39 PM
You really can't do nothing on red unless you join the bigger guild and you will never ever get the good loot. So what's the point of feeding into 25 people? They will never quit so it's 17th alts while you drop 400hours of dkp on common drops that would other wise go to the vault. And I have no idea who is buying this stuff...

I would love a new blue.

Another satisfied customer. Move to resolved.

Cylock
08-17-2017, 09:45 PM
You really can't do nothing on red unless you join the bigger guild.

Most camps are open. If you are referring to raiding only, then yes that comment is true

you will never ever get the good loot. So what's the point of feeding into 25 people? They will never quit so it's 17th alts while you drop 400hours of dkp on common drops that would other wise go to the vault.

100% false

http://i.imgur.com/2AIY9n8.jpg

Once players get raiding level and join a guild. Within a month or so they are decked out. I have seen it with my own eyes.

I would love a new blue.

Be patient friend! It's coming!

aaezil
08-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Guys... if the devs cared about what players wanted then raids wouldnt be a poopsock autofire clickfest cluster every time... Ban A/A

Cylock
08-17-2017, 09:54 PM

RedXIII
08-17-2017, 10:04 PM
A new blue wont accomplish nothing. The same people will dominate if they move over and the same people will QQ endlessly about it.

#getgud.

mickmoranis
08-17-2017, 10:12 PM
here it is..

I wouldnt mind manditory single server teams only p99 with full wipe, sure, fuck it. lessssgo!

Slathar
08-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Guys... if the devs cared about what players wanted then raids wouldnt be a poopsock autofire clickfest cluster every time... Ban A/A

Vote YES and #DrainInnothuleSwamp!

wiggleroom
08-17-2017, 10:40 PM
You really can't do nothing on red unless you join the bigger guild.

Most camps are open. If you are referring to raiding only, then yes that comment is true

you will never ever get the good loot. So what's the point of feeding into 25 people? They will never quit so it's 17th alts while you drop 400hours of dkp on common drops that would other wise go to the vault.

100% false

Once players get raiding level and join a guild. Within a month or so they are decked out. I have seen it with my own eyes.

I would love a new blue.

Be patient friend! It's coming!

Everyone said you played on red I don't know if that's even true. Again I didn't know people would completely falsely identity to join opposite guilds and get information. I just play eq...

loramin
08-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Red 99 is not classic pvp though.

True; for P99 to be truly classic they'd need to have multiple PvP servers, each with different rulesets. But obviously there's not enough interest for even one PvP server let alone several, so P99 does the best they can with a server that's close to, but not the same, as the classic Zek servers. That's certainly a lot more classic than no PvP server at all.

Retticus
08-18-2017, 01:27 AM
Don't wipe just change red to blue

Retticus
08-18-2017, 01:28 AM
You got my vote

Swish
08-18-2017, 01:34 AM

Which server are you referring to?

dacBANe666
08-18-2017, 02:18 AM
Slathar, what about the people who want to take down the Statue of Rallos Zek?

Brocode
08-18-2017, 04:01 AM
Just because your not having fun at your server, and believe that a new server will make you happier, it might happen at first, but slowly, unless we change classic mechanics to the numbers/Era Time Lock to kill a mob here, keep in mind, that some type of "A/A" will lock both servers timers once they have enough leveled chars. And all of that has nothing to do with RED, as long theres 1 person enjoying it, its worth.

ps: Never played on red.

Ivah
08-18-2017, 04:47 AM
You have my support O mighty slathar

AzzarTheGod
08-18-2017, 06:19 AM
You got my vote

heartbrand
08-18-2017, 07:46 AM
Slathar, what about the people who want to take down the Statue of Rallos Zek?

Was worth reading this entire thread to see this post

Tuurin
08-18-2017, 08:23 AM
I don't think DBG is going to allow the project to do anything new, except outfitting Freeport guards with the latest kite shields and the like

So I've seen this idea several times from various people, and wonder if there is any basis for this theory other than general tin-hattery. You realize that multiple guides and devs (including in this very thread) have stated "don't worry, it's coming" right? Why would they all be lying?

Pokesan
08-18-2017, 08:36 AM
i thought 'wipe it clean' wasn't allowed, especially in server chat?

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 08:57 AM
I don't know what resources it takes to run Red, but assuming Rogean and the guides there still enjoy having Red up as well as the small population of players there do too, I don't honestly see an issue with it.

I also think a new p99 server would be fun to start up on. No one is saying all problems that exist on p99 Blue would never be present if a new server was started, no idea why people think they need to point that out.

A new p99 server would be fresh though, and allow for a new economy to begin. It could bring new players back that quit a long time ago, as well as people who want to try p99 but are too intimidated by the lack of a newer economy and so many twinks/fatcats running around.

I don't know if running two "blue" servers would be good, perhaps this would separate the conglomeration of neckbeards into two pools thus eliminating some of the bottlenecking of raid mobs/epic mobs?

Then again, having two blue servers could dump the population into two smaller pools making neither server very fun due to a smaller pop on them? I don't know, how it would pan out tbh.

Baler
08-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Rigged poll. This is a Red RnF thread. Tis a shame staff haven't smote OP.

How is it rigged you may ask? It's worded so people vote for the OPs agenda unknowingly. The voters have good intentions, the creator of the poll does not.

https://youtu.be/efHCdKb5UWc?t=47s
http://i.imgur.com/XMRlRvY.gif

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Rigged poll. This is a Red RnF thread. Tis a shame staff haven't smote OP.

How is it rigged you may ask? It's worded so people vote for the OPs agenda unknowingly. The voters have good intentions, the creator of the poll does not.

https://youtu.be/efHCdKb5UWc?t=47s
http://i.imgur.com/XMRlRvY.gif

It's irrelevant anyway. Rogean and Co. are not basing any decisions on random polls stuck on these forums regardless if they are true to representation of the masses on p99.

kotton05
08-18-2017, 09:48 AM
I learned that years ago^

Not to mention most the votes is prolly slathar onalt accounts he created

HippoNipple
08-18-2017, 10:00 AM

With that said ...

Red99 was 15% consistently about a year ago. It used to be about 20%.

The server sucks and it is hardly ever 140 people. That might be the max once a month, hardly normal prime time numbers.

The dream is over, let it go.

Slathar
08-18-2017, 10:30 AM
I learned that years ago^

Not to mention most the votes is prolly slathar onalt accounts he created

Fake news.

We have, by many, many of the best, and beautiful I might add, people in our movement. Believe me folks, we are going to make Red into a better and stronger, and very, very good Blue server.

maskedmelon
08-18-2017, 10:59 AM
red already offers the best blue experience. no need to affirm its identity with a color reassignment. red is blue and its a lot of fun in that regard ^^

Slathar
08-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Vote YES.

kotton05
08-18-2017, 12:37 PM
Red99 was 15% consistently about a year ago. It used to be about 20%.

The server sucks and it is hardly ever 140 people. That might be the max once a month, hardly normal prime time numbers.

The dream is over, let it go.

Nightly it's hiting 120-140's

Slathar and friends just mad their own toxicity alienates them from having anything to do other than zone hop / plug / prey on noobs levelin. No one will play with them.

Slathar
08-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Nightly it's hiting 120-140's

Slathar and friends just mad their own toxicity alienates them from having anything to do other than zone hop / plug / prey on noobs levelin. No one will play with them.

This isn't RnF. Low energy, too. Sad! My constituents know I have been #1 in every single PvP season.

Vote YES and bring back #GuiseOfTheDeciever to Blue 2.0.

Baler
08-18-2017, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xoUDvKR.png

Slathar
08-18-2017, 01:13 PM
You killed me once, it's possible. I still won the Best of the Best and every single PvP leaderboard.

Vote YES.

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 01:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xoUDvKR.png

this Slathar guy must be pretty apex on Red seeing people SS when they kill him.

hatelore
08-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Just for that, now the new server is going to be 10 feet taller.

Ivah
08-18-2017, 01:37 PM

I love when slathar brings out the mad idiots pras it

Retticus
08-18-2017, 01:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jLlRf5Ll.jpg

kotton05
08-18-2017, 01:49 PM
this Slathar guy must be pretty apex on Red seeing people SS when they kill him.

I'm unsure what that means.

But most kills get screenshotted since e-peen measuring games must occur.

Slathar
08-18-2017, 01:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jLlRf5Ll.jpg

I am a noble benefactor. Let's shut it down, folks.

kotton05
08-18-2017, 01:51 PM
I am a noble benefactor. Let's shut it down, folks.

Since you made this post I've convinced more people to roll/load red than you have to quit. Kind of funny how that works out. Perhaps that was your plan the whole time.

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm unsure what that means.

It means he is top-of-the-food-chain, an apex pvper. A true champion nerdling of Red, worthy of bragging rights when killed. As you said, E-peen material.

Damn
08-18-2017, 02:08 PM

With that said ...

Ya there's no line but what he's not telling you is that at any time 60 stay at home sons might show up and kill you or train your raid henceforth stopping you from doing it at all

there may be no lines on red but the grip on content is way tighter dont be naive like this guy

Axlrose
08-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Will this be the same Blue server that another poll or two ago had numerous people offering over $15,000 a person to get rolling? :confused:

kotton05
08-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Ya there's no line but what he's not telling you is that at any time 60 stay at home sons might show up and kill you or train your raid henceforth stopping you from doing it at all

there may be no lines on red but the grip on content is way tighter dont be naive like this guy

Yea right. Come train a raid I'm at and see how long your grasp last.

You're on the juice. A group of 20-30 folks with the right attitude could roll on red and experience way more in 6 months than on blue.

Slathar
08-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Yea right. Come train a raid I'm at and see how long your grasp last.

You're on the juice. A group of 20-30 folks with the right attitude could roll on red and experience way more in 6 months than on blue.

Fake news.

mickmoranis
08-18-2017, 02:53 PM
blue classic everquest players like to pretend they like harder games but when the game actually gets hard (red99) they cry more than a 10 year old tumblr liberal does about statues.

skarlorn
08-18-2017, 02:58 PM
i had fun on red, even ganked a couple people (hi mick that was fun in NFP). but things do get ugly higher up.

i'd play a fresh red server

mickmoranis
08-18-2017, 03:02 PM
Love red eq guys its fun but Im just sayin its fun u guys should try it! Hi skar, pepridge farm remembahs

skarlorn
08-18-2017, 03:06 PM
i wouldn't wipe red tbh it's too fun to observe the Inmates

Rygar
08-18-2017, 03:42 PM

I really don't understand comments like this about Red (and other negative comments in the thread). I'm never even tried Red, but it doesn't take an idiot to see that maybe new players can help make a difference and improve the situation? They can help contribute to higher numbers. They can help to combat griefers, form for bigger kills, etc.

I actually like how Swish promotes Red, it is something he believes in, has a lot of fun playing there, and wants to see the server become a better place. It's really no different than someone trying to build up a brand, or a business, a reputation, career, etc. Things aren't peachy all the time, but you work to make them better, so why not hold the ridicule some, maybe share some admiration?

The red bug is building in my brain, a lot of what I like to do on Blue is try new camps, learn different things, adapt to situations and learn from them. In the quoted comment about training raids, I don't know how they handle these things on red, but maybe you take a few people and post them as scouts outside the kill zone and at the zone in..? see anyone root them in place, let their train take them out. If they get in your camp take em out. Maybe you need to divert some of your DPS to address a situation. It sounds harder and a bit more exhilarating.

If I had time to raid I would want to give it a try, sounds better than auto-attack and wait for loot links (and it wouldn't be at 3am either).

mickmoranis
08-18-2017, 04:05 PM
i wouldn't wipe red tbh it's too fun to observe the Inmates

its part of the fun

but remember the servers worst doxxers and criminals were selling groceries on blue and training EC just saying

Qtip
08-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Haha I agree, Cylock did ruin the red99 population. He's so remedial and desperate for acceptance he would ban and suspend competing guilds on the word and accusations of their competition.

His method of sweeping that pathetic fact under the rug is to silence anyone that mentions it.

Watch.

Server was dead before Cylock ever became a guide on red.

wiggleroom
08-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Server is dead and any new player not committed to feed the machine for the lowest of dragon loots that would rot anyways will have a great time here. For sure no lines just 25 people that will never quit 18th alt deep. Blue never seen this sickness, blue players worried about logging into talk game of thrones and politics, it's an Internet cafe pixelated.

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Haha I agree, Cylock did ruin the red99 population. He's so remedial and desperate for acceptance he would ban and suspend competing guilds on the word and accusations of their competition.

His method of sweeping that pathetic fact under the rug is to silence anyone that mentions it.

Watch.

You sound angry and upset that red died. It's not Cylock's fault, it's been dead for years. You shouldn't vent and rage at him.

It appears as though he has tried many different ways to improve the population on red, and to no avail.

It's simply impossible to bring a real corpse back to life, and that's what red is. A real dead server corpse.

Sad, but true. :(

Pokesan
08-18-2017, 07:56 PM

Watch.

suicide by cop failure. suspect in custody deputies hecklin. smilin hard

Lhancelot
08-18-2017, 08:00 PM
suicide by cop failure. suspect in custody deputies hecklin. smilin hard

haha. :p

Egilmn
08-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Shut red down, or transfer habitual problem players from blue to red since it is like a prison colony. Maybe on their third suspension instead of outright banning.

kaev
08-18-2017, 09:36 PM
No bush/towers option, cannot vote.

Also, Green99 baby! It's the only way to fly.

Cylock
08-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Retticus on an alt account I see ...

Anyway, fun times on red99! Come join the fun pals! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9jVuzcXRHs

Qtip
08-18-2017, 11:33 PM

Keep up the good work. Hopefully if they ever wipe red you can help this much on a fresh new server.

Swish
08-19-2017, 12:51 AM
You sound angry and upset that red died. It's not Cylock's fault, it's been dead for years. You shouldn't vent and rage at him.

It appears as though he has tried many different ways to improve the population on red, and to no avail.

It's simply impossible to bring a real corpse back to life, and that's what red is. A real dead server corpse.

Sad, but true. :(

This poster plays a lot of that server and would know.

AzzarTheGod
08-19-2017, 04:01 AM
In all my time playing on red99, now has got to be the funnest time ever. It has nothing to do with numbers and all with peoples willingness to play the game and PVP. Right now red server is red hot with PVP. it's the funnest it's been since beta opened.

If you are looking for a change, i suggest red. alot of the naysayers here don't know what they are talking about. The headaches that are relieved by going to blue far outweigh any potential "trouble" you might have playing on red. noone is going to grief you off the server. only you do that to yourself.

Yeah its cool how fun PvP can be once you get the super elitist nose-scrunching berglords to quit. You know the whole scoreboard clique was suppressing the entire servers desire to PvP. Those guys shouted the scoreboard out in OOC nonstop and I won't say names, it was in every guild.

as Colgate said a long time ago, that shit was and is toxic and responsible for killing PvP on red. It was never meant to be Quake, the game is not designed for PvP. Its not counterstrike and you had people trying to play it 1v1 on every single class.

Now we see the PvP scene starting to breathe again with these people gone and a huge help from Epidemic. Coincidence? I think not.

Epidemic are PvP. They are everything PvP on red was supposed to be.

Izmael
08-19-2017, 04:25 AM
The problem with red was the amount of people who felt they needed to behave and talk like some kind of hardcore gangsters 24/7.

This is probably fun when you're under 20 but it gets old at some point.

Also all the disgusting elitist personalities a-la letsjoe etc and the drug addicts don't make it a enjoyable bunch of people to hang with even though they are probably not the majority.

Ion Blaze
08-19-2017, 04:27 AM
My insignificant .02 cents. Close blue and make red bigger poll? Make a reverse timeline server Velious to Kunark to Classic poll? Vote to censor my hate speech poll?

Jimjam
08-19-2017, 05:06 AM
My insignificant .02 cents. Close blue and make red bigger poll? Make a reverse timeline server Velious to Kunark to Classic poll? Vote to censor my hate speech poll?

Gear down before your current gear gets removed from game! hah!

Slathar
08-19-2017, 08:29 AM
The numbers are overwhelming, folks. Vote YES and bring back the people to Lower Guk.

Quil
08-19-2017, 09:21 AM

Whoever is main assist in that video, they are badass..

Oh wait, that's me..

Epidemic crooting 46+ players looking to hit 60, get epic, PvP gear set etc...

MerkelMacron
08-19-2017, 09:54 AM
it's the funnest it's been since beta opened.

the tarzan of nutswinging

kotton05
08-19-2017, 10:03 AM
The numbers are overwhelming, folks. Vote YES and bring back the people to Lower Guk.

Fake news. The people want lower tunnel prices.

wiggleroom
08-19-2017, 10:08 AM
The duck who has 18th alts with his brother and they each got 15 fungus and 4 aons talking about server still awesome. I just logged in to 26 people on a Saturday morning compared to 600 blues I guess that's what 10% like cylock said? Not sure my math is terrible.

Cylock I don't think anyone here besides the low life's do not appreciate you and all you do. The server is broken for us with less than 6k and two level 50's with no one to play with or pvp. Not to mention ghost town low levels.

wiggleroom
08-19-2017, 10:10 AM
No I don't want to join up with guys that play eq at 3 am work nights on headphones and make fun of disabled and handicap people sorry!!!

Pokesan
08-19-2017, 10:12 AM
surprise surprise the guy who had a multiday meltdown about the trans is lonely and friendless

wiggleroom
08-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah I knew someone would flip 26 people on red as me being lonely its ok I will not act low rent like yourself. This is about a new server.

indiscriminate_hater
08-19-2017, 11:55 AM
I just logged in to 26 people on a Saturday morning compared to 600 blues I guess that's what 10%

jesus dude

MerkelMacron
08-19-2017, 12:13 PM
jesus dude

did your autism not detect the 2nd sentence?

Slathar
08-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Our message has overwhelming approval of nearly all of the top minds in Norrath. Do not let the detractors fool you. Red99 is going to be shut down.

We are bringing the players back to Lower Guk. It's going to be great, very, very great. It's currently being beautifully reviewed and many, many people agree it's the best plan.

Slathar
08-19-2017, 12:46 PM
We are going to #ShutItDown and #DrainInnothuleSwamp.

shokar
08-19-2017, 01:03 PM
To the bluebies who voted no. Please respect our wishes, and let us go peacefully. End our suffering, and let us be with the duke in the afterlife.

Giovanni
08-19-2017, 01:47 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Put-Down-a-Horse

kotton05
08-19-2017, 02:12 PM
The cries of those who can't bend the knee

El Camacho
08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
No I don't want to join up with guys that play eq at 3 am work nights on headphones and make fun of disabled and handicap people sorry!!!

Could be talking about either server TBH.

Baler
08-19-2017, 03:00 PM
And the problems we have conjured as a community won't be fixed by a new server, just like they weren't fixed by velious.

bestovv
08-19-2017, 03:15 PM
easiest yes vote of my life

Slathar
08-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Wolves do not concern themselves with sheep.

Slathar
08-19-2017, 04:43 PM
We now have more YES votes than the entire population of Red99 twice over.

AzzarTheGod
08-19-2017, 05:45 PM

lol everything this guy posts is an instant classic

Slathar
08-19-2017, 07:35 PM
The #DeepState power brokers like Cylock want you to think Red is alive and well. If we get 500 YES votes the #Establishment will have no choice but to heed our wishes.

Let's bring halflings back to RunnyEye. We will farm Glowing Black Stones. It will mean something to get an epic.

Make Norrath great again. DRAIN INNOTHULE SWAMP!

Slathar
08-19-2017, 08:03 PM
From what our operative in the field says, DBG is directly responsible for the reason why a new server won't be a "thing" here.

I am in very, very high level talks with very good and smart people. We are coming to an agreement that's going to be so good you'll be sick of it after experiencing how great it is.

Brad McQuaid was present for them. We made a trail of Moscow Mule Kettle Chips and 2mg Xanax and he scurried into our very, very high level meeting like an ant eater sniffing them all up.

#MakeItGreat.

shuklak
08-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Red99 is the best evidence that community is what made eq great. No community... or even bad community... eq dies.

Swish
08-19-2017, 11:23 PM
I'd say give it a chance but if the mods don't want it advertised there's little hope for it.

mickmoranis
08-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Red99 is the best evidence that community is what made eq great. No community... or even bad community... eq dies.

red aint dead, we happy as hell over there having a great time.

meanwhile on blue youre still arguing on the morality of jboot farming.

mickmoranis
08-19-2017, 11:35 PM
I'd say give it a chance but if the mods don't want it advertised there's little hope for it.

if they opened up xserver trading, we'd see pop growth again.

http://i.imgur.com/azDYfvs.jpg

Swish
08-19-2017, 11:42 PM
if they opened up xserver trading, we'd see pop growth again.

http://i.imgur.com/azDYfvs.jpg

No doubt about it, I knew a guy (who wasn't me) that used to be logged in on both at once every time he played, was a loot whore on blue (tried to gear up about 8 characters in PoSky at once) and a bad pvper on red...but that was his thing. He definitely traded his red plat out for blue.

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2017, 05:06 AM
From what our operative in the field says, DBG is directly responsible for the reason why a new server won't be a "thing" here.

Which is why I've said to open blue char to red.

The trading suggestion was nice, but we're kind of past all that lol. Its 2017 not 2014. Sorry mick luv u kid but crosserver trades do nothing for red at this point.

Try geared transfers and/or naked char copies. <--- can do both. One requires permanent transfer, one does not.

Izmael
08-20-2017, 05:30 AM
Should just implement item loot.

Not like Red has anything to risk by doing that, at this point.

Izmael
08-20-2017, 05:33 AM
Can you imagine the amount of people who will come back from retirement and start playing their wizards and whatnot again?

Do it!

Slathar
08-20-2017, 07:50 AM
Blue 2.0 will usher in a new era for Norrath. In its current state, Red99 is filled with some bad hombres. We need to shut it down and release Blue 2.0 to make Norrath great again. Camps!

mickmoranis
08-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Which is why I've said to open blue char to red.

The trading suggestion was nice, but we're kind of past all that lol. Its 2017 not 2014. Sorry mick luv u kid but crosserver trades do nothing for red at this point.

Try geared transfers and/or naked char copies. <--- can do both. One requires permanent transfer, one does not.

idk i think they open up like +50-100 players, which is about the numbers I think eq should have to feel alive.

Blue players love the idea of making money and they will box/afk farm which means red players will get to just rape people and have fun, word spreads about how fun it is to take camps now that bad player are able to, more people think they'll try it.

I also think a large portion of blue players actually think like this: "hmm I dont think I want to invest all my time in a server they might shut down, im older and wizer and want to progress in this game and though I might like to try pvp It just seems like that server might get shut down"

So they dont opt to try red, then like 2 years later its still kicking and they wonder if they made the right choice, cus blue has tons of problems too.

But again, they still think, maybe they'll shut down red soon, I better not switch.

showing the community that its an institution, by simply allowing xserver trades, would be the lowest hanging fruit, that would provide the most amount of change IMO

you know, like an apple, in a garden, of Eden. ;)

But on another note, I'd never argue against transfers. If they could/wanted to do that.

Slathar
08-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Fake news.

Tnair
08-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Blue 2.0 will usher in a new era for Norrath. In its current state, Red99 is filled with some bad hombres. We need to shut it down and release Blue 2.0 to make Norrath great again. Camps!

Fake news.

Slathar ... are you Trump? ;p

wiggleroom
08-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Don't let this thread die it's the last hope or a new server. Yeah we want pvp but at this point we just want 10-15% of pop of blue on average.

I mean just cause it hits 15-18% twice on raid nights for two hours a week with obvious boxes doesn't make red a server.

MEGANS LAW
08-20-2017, 10:44 PM
You got my vote

Jazzy
08-21-2017, 01:40 AM
You have my axe

Slathar
08-21-2017, 06:12 AM
Red is currently without any kind of leadership. It's a rudderless ship and disaster waiting to happen. Good luck!

shuklak
08-21-2017, 08:04 AM
If a group on red99 wipes and (obviously) nobody is around, does it make a sound?

kotton05
08-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Slathar plz buy me some think bags

wiggleroom
08-21-2017, 10:03 AM
If a group on red plays let me know based on averages of players 6 full groups seems to be the max at any given time.

Baler
08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
There was 90 people online on red last night when there was 900 people on blue.
There was debate in this thread about pvp being 1/10 pop of pvm during classic.
Shit's Classic.

wiggleroom
08-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Actually classic servers topped off at 1500ish and tallon and Rallos would have 200-300 which is roughly 10% or higher; true. However that was on average. Here you have to actively look to find a time where they hit 10%.

Also in red if you kill one mob you level from 1-5 and if you kill it in a group you get to level 20. Shits vlassic

Baler
08-21-2017, 12:24 PM
I wonder what the ban ratio is on red vs blue.

Amyas
08-21-2017, 12:45 PM
I really enjoyed playing my bard on red this weekend.

Slathar
08-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Vote YES for Lower Guk and Nagafen's Lair. Groups!

Slathar
08-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Bump.

Baler
08-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Don't drink slathar's koolaid

Slathar
08-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Don't drink slathar's koolaid

We are WINNING. Trust me, we are going to win so much you'll be sick of winning.

Camps!

Slathar
08-21-2017, 05:48 PM
For all the losers and haters, we are making Red great again by making it Blue 2.0. Some say this is the greatest, it's very good, and best movement in the history of the world. Guises!

mattydef
08-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Playing on red99 is like only playing campaign on COD. You're doing it wrong.

kotton05
08-21-2017, 06:51 PM
We are WINNING. Trust me, we are going to win so much you'll be sick of winning.

Camps!

What's your twitter so I can follow you to slip in the DMs?

FoxxHound
08-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Fake news

Xaanka
08-21-2017, 10:21 PM
speaking as one of the most geared and invested players on the server, i would actually log in and play if red was wiped

wiggleroom
08-21-2017, 10:37 PM

Yeah I couldn't stand red leveling quickly. Facing people on occasion to defend camps. I just want to talk about my day and sit in line waiting to kill some frogs and maybe get journey mans boots but sow pots are better!

dacBANe666
08-21-2017, 11:17 PM
A S S C U M

bolo
08-22-2017, 03:35 AM
Red is a barren wasteland. Imo shut it down and give us the posibility of char transfer to blue server.

AzzarTheGod
08-22-2017, 04:09 AM

lol

sergan
08-22-2017, 04:19 AM
Kill red, clone blue server.
Blue server A remains classic (velious era only)
Blue server B progress almost until PoP. (A lot of players will back to P99)

Swish
08-22-2017, 04:20 AM
I think wipe red and open a pvp teams server with item loot, locked in vanilla.

AzzarTheGod
08-22-2017, 05:53 AM

I wish. Daybreak wouldn't be happy..

wiggleroom
08-22-2017, 07:34 AM
Kill red, clone blue server.
Blue server A remains classic (velious era only)

This person understands the community. Thank you for being a very good person!

Slathar
08-22-2017, 08:34 AM
There are too few players and very little groups. Our server needs a change now! Blue 2.0 will bring back players AND groups. Mistwalkers!

Lhancelot
08-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Red is a barren wasteland. Imo shut it down and give us the posibility of char transfer to blue server.

When a red player says this, you know red has hit rock bottom.

dacBANe666
08-22-2017, 07:18 PM
A S S C U M

hatelore
08-22-2017, 07:20 PM
Correction: When probably one of the top 5 reddest players says that, you need to fucking nuke this cesspool and fire the guide for being a blue faggot. (yikes)

Slathar
08-22-2017, 08:44 PM
BUMP IT!

Swish
08-23-2017, 02:04 AM
Maybe the server just needs more players to be good again.

shuklak
08-23-2017, 06:06 PM
And maybe people on welfare just need money and they won't be poor again.

skarlorn
08-23-2017, 06:23 PM
red once received welfare from the state (bonus exp) to encourage more stay at home sons to play there.

They even made tax exemptions (you can box on red and blue simultaneously)

and yet, red is still dead.

God bless America.

Pokesan
08-23-2017, 06:24 PM
willing to delete my blue chars if we get a red wipe+restart

make it happen

Pokesan
08-23-2017, 06:26 PM
dare you to call my bluff

no balls no balls

skarlorn
08-23-2017, 06:59 PM
i'll kill filbus, too.

let me prove it.

AzzarTheGod
08-23-2017, 07:09 PM
ITS A CRINJA ITS A CRINJA

Slathar
08-24-2017, 08:20 AM
The losers and haters voted no. Sad!

Mead
08-24-2017, 10:09 AM
The losers and haters voted no. Sad!

There was no bush towers options so poll was trash from the start. Had to go with closest option.

druid1
08-25-2017, 02:13 AM
OP is a faggot drug addict

Ivah
08-25-2017, 04:14 AM
Wipe it clean

Slathar
08-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Up.

Aviann
08-26-2017, 02:52 PM
All 63 people that play on red server actually voted. I'm impressed.

AzzarTheGod
08-26-2017, 06:19 PM

i recognize a lot of sickos in there. Some blue voters trolling, but there are legit dead serious red no votes there, legit votes meaning people who actively play red as we speak pissing their 30's away on a ghost town.

Its cool to see how desperate people are as if they needed to scramble out and vote fast to save their 23 man server. Some of those voters are good people, just very misguided.

Rogean would never delegitimize this project by doing anything to red.

Swish
08-26-2017, 07:38 PM
Go on then, I'll vote... my vote counts etc and votes on forums = big changes

Aviann
08-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Go on then, I'll vote... my vote counts etc and votes on forums = big changes

Isn't that how you got your precious red server?

Swish
08-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Isn't that how you got your precious red server?

...and look how that turned out.

Also, people voted to shut down a 3 month old blue server on live and replace it with a server where you start at level 51 with 50 AAs (Mayong).

Guess what happened to Mayong? It doesn't exist anymore.

The moral of the story: As a developer, don't listen to fickle players.

A fresh blue server wouldn't be any different to this blue server. Twinks within a few weeks, sure there's a fresh economy, but you'll have holgresh elder bead style queues for guises/manastones, day 1 fat cats looking to corner the market on items before they've dropped and nobody will be as happy about it as they think. Oh and 2 big raid guilds locking everything down of course.

For something different, why not try PvP teams? At least its different.

Slathar
08-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Bump.

Lhancelot
08-27-2017, 06:50 PM

Also, people voted to shut down a 3 month old blue server on live and replace it with a server where you start at level 51 with 50 AAs (Mayong).

A fresh blue server wouldn't be any different to this blue server. Twinks within a few weeks, sure there's a fresh economy, but you'll have holgresh elder bead style queues for guises/manastones, day 1 fat cats looking to corner the market on items before they've dropped and nobody will be as happy about it as they think. Oh and 2 big raid guilds locking everything down of course.

I would try a new teams pvp server.

shuklak
08-28-2017, 02:31 AM

If you add instancing ala agnarr a lot of that goes by the wayside.

A hybrid of p99 and agnarr is probably the real answer to life.

Baam
08-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Why play EQ if there's no pvp? NO POINT! Ewwww that's just DISGUSTING!

Damn scared of risk bluebies...

dafier
08-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Close red and make a Blue that will be PoP locked. :)

dafier
08-28-2017, 04:59 PM

you mean 5 people with multiple swish accounts?

Ravager
08-28-2017, 05:55 PM
By this poll alone, if red was turned blue, there'd be 4x as many people playing it from the word go.

Slathar
08-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Well, some loser moved this to PvP RnF. The unemployed, racist losers who play on Red99 can farm in peace throughout their 30s and 40s. By the time the pulmonary embolism travels from Tune's translucent Gollum-legs to his brain after nine straight years of swarming mobs he will probably have six characters with Vulak items.

It's worth it.

Tassador
08-29-2017, 06:47 AM
Server is fine sometimes it reaches like 80 people and there is at least 10 pvp fights (not kills) a day. You guys are trolling!

hatelore
08-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Well, some loser moved this to PvP RnF. The unemployed, racist losers who play on Red99 can farm in peace throughout their 30s and 40s. By the time the pulmonary embolism travels from Tune's translucent Gollum-legs to his brain after nine straight years of swarming mobs he will probably have six characters with Vulak items.

It's worth it.

lol

Eslade
08-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Wipe it clean 2019

hokuten99
08-30-2017, 12:30 AM
OP has some really good points and I think this is a very good idea. I especially like the part where he states character progress should be carried over.