PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Blind is now fear

Droxx
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Blind, even in melee range, is fear 100% of the time with the most recent patch. Working as intended? I hope not, cause shamans will be able to fear kite like champs.

Rogean
02-20-2011, 06:08 AM
I blinded a mob and he attacked me as long as I was in melee range.

How exactly should this work?

BrandeX
02-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Like that. Mobs should only run if no one in the aggro list is within melee range.

Droxx
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I blinded a mob and he attacked me as long as I was in melee range.

How exactly should this work?

This is how it should work. It seems to be fine if there's nobody else on aggro list. Situation I saw reproduced several times (and not by just me) is as follows:

Enc mezzes mob_01.
Mob_01 hates enc.
Pally blinds target.
Enc is NOT in melee range.
Pally breaks mez.
Mob is feared.

It seems like its acting as blind when the person highest on aggro list is not in melee range.

Nizzarr
02-20-2011, 02:35 PM
we had that happen in fear exactly as droxx mentionned last night. It was hard to reproduce but happened 3 maybe 4 times

Rogean
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Yea this might happen if the highest on hate backs out.

I'll see about getting a fix in.

Droxx
02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Any info? I feel useless. :(

Fazlazen
02-25-2011, 11:18 PM
also getting summoned by blind mob.

oh and what happened every single time was mob acted as if it was feared, then would eventually summon me, beat on me, I'd run off, repeat.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Bump. :(

guineapig
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Blind mobs should always run around aimlessly when not in melee range of any players on the hate list. Are you absolutely sure you were close enough to the mob for it to hit you with a melee attack.

If you get out or range when the server tic or their melee round lands (not sure which) mob will begin to run. If they happen to run in your direction then they will re-engage but if they run in the opposite direction then you will have what appears to be a straight up fear.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Read post 4.

guineapig
03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Read post 4.

I read it.

Enc mezzes mob_01.
Mob_01 hates enc.
Pally blinds target.
Enc is NOT in melee range.
Pally breaks mez.
Mob is feared.

I was asking if you are certain the paladin was within reach of the mob to swing at? Nothing in post 4 mentions the positioning of the paladin in relation to the mob. If he is even just outside of swing radius then the mob will run wildly.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I read it.

I was asking if you are certain the paladin was within reach of the mob to swing at? Nothing in post 4 mentions the positioning of the paladin in relation to the mob. If he is even just outside of swing radius then the mob will run wildly.

/facepalm

Harrison
03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Mob melee range > player melee range

That said, paladin breaking mez with melee should leave the mob hitting the closest person. Not running away in fear...

guineapig
03-16-2011, 04:49 PM
/facepalm

reread post 4....

Mob melee range > player melee range

That said, paladin breaking mez with melee should leave the mob hitting the closest person. Not running away in fear...

He never wrote how mez was being broken, just that the paladin was breaking it. I can think of a bunch of different ways for a paladin to break mez on a mob without swinging a weapon at it.

Holy Might is a perfect example...

-----------------------------------------

I wasn't asking this just to humor myself. Of course you could simply answer the question instead of telling me to reread and /facepalm. But that's what Droxx is deciding to do which is just dragging this entire thread out more than it needs to be.

By the way, you still haven't answered the question.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
it works fine, though every once in a while I will cast blind and have the mob run away because as im casting, someone will land a nuke and draw agro. mob steps towards nuker, out of melee range, and then blind lands and he runs. Although the post 4 situation hasnt happened to me, it's interesting. Chanter has agro, but mob is blind and pally is in melee range. pally breaks mez, mob apparently steps towards chanter, out of range of anyone else, and runs away. What SHOULD happen is that mob hits closest player with highest agro until blind wears off, then agros player with most agro overall. Is this right? It's how i remember it working. Gonna test when i can.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes. Mez was broken in melee range. Also it was an outdoor zone. I believe it may have been a Tuesday in February. I had oatmeal that morning. It was raining outside. Any other details you need? Everyone else in the thread understands the situation.

Harrison
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
reread post 4....

He never wrote how mez was being broken, just that the paladin was breaking it. I can think of a bunch of different ways for a paladin to break mez on a mob without swinging a weapon at it.

Holy Might is a perfect example...

-----------------------------------------

I wasn't asking this just to humor myself. Of course you could simply answer the question instead of telling me to reread and /facepalm. But that's what Droxx is deciding to do which is just dragging this entire thread out more than it needs to be.

By the way, you still haven't answered the question.

Lol please tell me them all, I'd like to hear this...

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
it works fine, though every once in a while I will cast blind and have the mob run away because as im casting, someone will land a nuke and draw agro. mob steps towards nuker, out of melee range, and then blind lands and he runs. Although the post 4 situation hasnt happened to me, it's interesting. Chanter has agro, but mob is blind and pally is in melee range. pally breaks mez, mob apparently steps towards chanter, out of range of anyone else, and runs away. What SHOULD happen is that mob hits closest player with highest agro until blind wears off, then agros player with most agro overall. Is this right? It's how i remember it working. Gonna test when i can.

You're correct in the way it should work. Currently if someone outside of melee range is #1 on hate list, the mob will be feared, even with other PCs in melee range. Also, summoning mobs will still summon #1 on hate list.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Don't humor him. He doesn't seem too bright. There's only 3 ways to break mez as a paladin, and only 2 of those can be done outside of melee range.

guineapig
03-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Bow, throwing hammer, nukes... stuns with damage component.

Sorry but if a dev was actually going to bother to look at this thread he would want to know all these details.

I fail to see why you guys think it's so funny.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry but if a dev was actually going to bother to look at this thread he would want to know all these details.
A dev has already posted in this thread with an understanding of exactly what is going on is what makes it so funny.

guineapig
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't humor him. He doesn't seem too bright. There's only 3 ways to break mez as a paladin, and only 2 of those can be done outside of melee range.

Seeing as how you originally posted that blind in melee range is fear 100% of the time and since then you have backtracked on when exactly the fear occurs, I don't see why you are being so smug.

And I have already named 3 ways to break mez out of melee range.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Seeing as how you originally posted that blind in melee range is fear 100% of the time and since then you have backtracked on when exactly the fear occurs, I don't see why you are being so smug.

And I have already named 3 ways to break mez out of melee range.

Throwing weapons and bows are 2 different ways to break mez? Gtfo.

guineapig
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, one uses archery skill the other is throwing skill.

What ever dude, you obviously have an issue with me so I will ignore you from here on out.

Droxx
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Because I did more testing immediatley after and figured out exactly what situation blind acts as fear? Should I edit my original post to cover it up? I don't see what you're getting at. You've added absolutely nothing to this thread.

Harrison
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't get what he's getting at either.

I got the point right off and I thought it was clear.

Uthgaard
03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
You guys are arguing about posts that were made before the last update. If there's a current issue, start a new thread, and stop trolling the fucking bug forum.