PDA

View Full Version : Washington or Arkansas?

Zade
07-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Hi internet pals,

I have a question that I am having trouble with. I could definitely use some input from people here. I have two excellent job offers in hand, one in Little Rock, AR and one for Olympia, WA (near seattle). Two places I know NOTHING about.

The jobs, tit for tat, are nearly identical. It would be literally choosing which area I wanted to live in. I hate the snow, so I immediately dismissed Seattle area, but later found out it doesn't snow there. I moved forward with Little Rock, so far as entering a lease contract on an apartment. But, the more I look at it, Little Rock isn't so great as far as crime is concerned.

Has anyone lived/live in these areas? Opinions/comments? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks pals <3

Xaanka
07-16-2017, 11:05 PM
i live in washington but i'm basing my comparison off of what my friend who moved to AK had to say

AK is fucking boring and jobs are shit. but cost of living is dirt cheap and you can be buying what would be considered a mansion here for the cost of a shoebox apartment in seattle. there is nothing to do in AK and not very many people. seattle is being overtaken by h1-b street shitters and theres a lot of people but none of them speak any english or interact with anyone outside their insular communities. the seattle freeze isn't a meme and its the worst its ever been. most of the city is transplants now, don't expect any of the stereotypes or tropes about the city to be true anymore. everyone is a shut-in. weed is legal in washington, and way better. AK bud is trash they ended up having to overpay for inferior quality internet weed.

i would go for AK if the jobs are the same so i could live better and travel more, but i'm the type where i can make my own fun anywhere i go.

Xaanka
07-16-2017, 11:10 PM
oh here's what the gay scene is like in both states

ak: *crickets*

wa: the meth's good

Pokesan
07-16-2017, 11:17 PM
the weed is good but the people are bad, just like everywhere

if you like mountains/water and don't like blacks, WA is the clear winner. you'll pay more but the scenery can't be beat. it is 95% cloudy from october to march.

Reddit troll has a lot to say about Olympia (https://www.reddit.com/user/GrooverMcTuber/)

Zade
07-16-2017, 11:23 PM
oh wow, so I smoke weed but I don't do much else. big chicken. I love the mountains and fishing an shit, but not at the expense of half a year of rain. Is the weather really rainy or just overcast/cloudy? i do like the sun aspect of arkansas.

Xaanka the thing that sucks about travelling from arkansas as it that the airport is so small. every flight required a layover

Pokesan
07-16-2017, 11:32 PM
it rains alot but not heavily. like a steady or light rain but not a downpour. IT IS VERY CLOUDY

Haynar
07-16-2017, 11:34 PM
You learn to do stuff whether its raining or not.

Pokesan
07-16-2017, 11:36 PM
almost forgot - olympia has ALOT like ALOT of homeless/mental cases on the streets. there's one guy always jabbering to himself by the jack in the box and another guy i've seen multiple times dig out garbage and eat it.

Zade
07-16-2017, 11:57 PM
i knew this forum would come through. sounds like Ark is the better deal. obese people are better then junkies lol

Zade
07-17-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm not gay. I'm bi. I can blend :)

georgie
07-17-2017, 01:40 AM
Stay in california

skarlorn
07-17-2017, 01:33 PM
if you like the sun you should not live in washington

maskedmelonpai
07-17-2017, 02:55 PM
it true that Washington rain a lot, but rain not really the same as it is in other places. it very often liek a mist or sprinkle. it don't pour liek it do in florida or japan. also, there are lotta clouds. personally, i liek the clouds. i grew up with them though. cost of living is definitely higher, but that just means it's cheaper to travel because you going to make more on average. i can't speak to Olympia specifically because i live on the north end, but the cool thing about Washington is that you travel 1hr east of the I-5 corridor and you deep in the mountains :3 there lotta those. if you live in Olympia though when mt rainier erupt, you gonna be dead though. good luck!

Xaanka
07-17-2017, 03:02 PM
the weed is good but the people are bad, just like everywhere

if you like mountains/water and don't like blacks, WA is the clear winner. you'll pay more but the scenery can't be beat. it is 95% cloudy from october to march.

Reddit troll has a lot to say about Olympia (https://www.reddit.com/user/GrooverMcTuber/)

this is pretty accurate if you take advantage of the outdoors washington is worth it, if you don't why are you paying to live here?

oh wow, so I smoke weed but I don't do much else. big chicken. I love the mountains and fishing an shit, but not at the expense of half a year of rain. Is the weather really rainy or just overcast/cloudy? i do like the sun aspect of arkansas.

Olympia is the 1 city where the crippling depression rain meme is 100% true i think its the highest rainfall city in the state. Don't listen to anyone saying the rain is a meme if you're moving to Olympia.

It's most notable for having a college and being the most batshit-leftie part of the state.

It's a pretty long drive to go to the populated parts of the state, expect an hour or two long drive to go to any notable population center.

But you're right next to some of the most beautiful parts of the state, particularly the Olympic national forest

Olympia cost of living isn't that bad for being a decently populated city in western WA. lower than Tacoma prices and you don't even get the free arsenic and lead in your soil!

You learn to do stuff whether its raining or not.

the problem is getting other people to do anything when its raining

Spyder73
07-17-2017, 03:42 PM
There are a lot of cooler outdoorsy things to do in AK. Really good fishing/hunting/canoeing/trail riding and what not. Cant say much about Seattle area but Bill Gates lives there so it cant be all bad.

skarlorn
07-17-2017, 03:58 PM
WA is cool and all but yowl basically perma depersd

Ppl say "it no so bad" but having come in and out of PNW to visit and also to live for a year or 2 at a time, I've noticed there's def depressive tendencies. People are nice sure, but also people are hollow shells fueled by nicotine, coffee, and craft beer, or sex perversions, or Elf Addiction.

There are also a lot more fat people than in Cali (cringe) though i'm sure AK gonna have a lotta obesers.

*steps outside and breathes in the ocean breeze half a mile away from hermosa beach*

ErlickBachman
07-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Man honestly, I think both places suck. But if I was forced to choose, I'd go with Arkansas for cost of living is dirt cheap and the ability to own virtually any firearm I could fathom.

Pokesan
07-17-2017, 04:04 PM

Ppl say "it no so bad" but having come in and out of PNW to visit and also to live for a year or 2 at a time, I've noticed there's def depressive tendencies. People are nice sure, but also people are hollow shells fueled by nicotine, coffee, and craft beer, or sex perversions, or Elf Addiction.

There are also a lot more fat people than in Cali (cringe) though i'm sure AK gonna have a lotta obesers.

*steps outside and breathes in the ocean breeze half a mile away from hermosa beach*

its mostly fat women tho, less so with dudes. lotta heffers up here.

Spyder73
07-17-2017, 05:02 PM

maskedmelonpai
07-17-2017, 05:02 PM

lol ^^

skarlorn
07-17-2017, 05:09 PM
lmao

chadtwoke
07-18-2017, 05:23 PM
bahaha

X MARX TEH SPOT

skwayb
07-19-2017, 02:17 AM
I live in a Suburb of Seattle (for 40+ years) and yes the sun disappears for months. Also there are times you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark because of it. If you have no Windows at work, you never see the sun

This should say it all for you.
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Washington/annual-days-of-sunshine.php

Olympia gets 52 days of Sunny, 84 days of partially sunny days for a total of 136 days of sun. So 229 days without sun.

Olympia
Sunny 52
Partially Sunny 84
Total Days of Sun 136

If you are super liberal like you think Bernie Sanders is too conservative, then this is the place for you. Also Seattle thinks heroin safe injection sites are ok for the government to provide, then this is your place. If you don't, then don't move here. I think that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of. Glad I am not in Seattle/King County and hope they come to their senses and never put them in place. Been to Vancouver Canada where they have them and it is a sad place to see.

Gatorsmash
07-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Also Seattle thinks heroin safe injection sites are ok for the government to provide, then this is your place. If you don't, then don't move here. I think that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.

FFS choose Washington.

Raised in Calif, lived in NJ(x3),NYC,GA,KY,ME,and currently in PA for work over the last 20 years. DONT LEAVE THE WEST COAST and for fucks sak dont move to Arkansas. West Coast is more liberal because there is shit to do, year-round. East Coast only the major cities have any common sense, the rest of the area people are spread out and there are months of nothing to do ~hense they have a ton of time to worry about what other people are doing, religion, fucking with pep's, general bullshittery.

@Skway- wish every state had those, places without them mean they are dumping their shit everywhere, helping spread diseases. Thats why places you lived without them look 'cleaner', because its hidden.

skarlorn
07-19-2017, 11:41 AM
come find me at X, thicc bichs. u know wats in store. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY)

brightlights
07-19-2017, 05:21 PM
I have family in AK and have visited WA

if you are liberal id say go to WA if you are independent and open minded and like nature and working hard and having space go to AK

if you like seasons go to AK if u hate seasons and like rain only go to WA

if you like hiking go to WA if you like hiking and hunting and fishing, AK

if you like big city liberal life at all and need it to be a part of yours, do not go to AK

if you hate big city liberals then go to AK

both are wonderful places but you will be severely lacking in liberal outlets if you have the need to do lots of liberal activities, u know like music festivals, tech trade shows and shit, but if that shit isnt your bread and butter, I would recommend AK because liberals SUCK

Priceline
07-19-2017, 06:08 PM
... liberal activities, u know like music festivals, tech trade shows and shit

Wut

So them podunk country shows back in AK are liberal activities??

entruil
07-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Has anyone lived/live in these areas? Opinions/comments? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks pals <3

Since, I have not lived in either state i figured I'd enter an opinion... GL...

I would look into the various landlord/tenet laws in each state, I have heard about shady shit in AK when it comes to rent a day late.

Would definitely rent out property in AK though. Things may have changed.

If you have already made your decision by entering a lease and you have a good job with security then it's not much of a thing... *(would note that it's almost entirely dependent on the lease)

gratz on your opportunities...

Wut

So them podunk country shows back in AK are liberal activities??

I kinda wondered if it's meant more as being liberal with your activities... go to lot's of shows and events... or... participating in liberal activities like shows and events...

skwayb
07-20-2017, 12:11 AM
FFS choose Washington.
@Skway- wish every state had those, places without them mean they are dumping their shit everywhere, helping spread diseases. Thats why places you lived without them look 'cleaner', because its hidden.

That is not at all what it does. Go to Vancouver BC and you will see.

Here is a local special on it that news did. It is an hour long, very sad to watch.

http://komonews.com/news/videos/watch-demon-at-the-door-our-heroin-crisis

Basically since this program went into effect in Vancouver BC, more people overdose per year than before it was put in place. Yah, no one has died at the safe injection site but just outside of it. 1200 year.... That is crazy.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-opioid-crisis-136-people-died-of-suspected-drug-overdoses-in-april

Where in King County (Entire Seattle Area and Suburbs) there were Heroin responsible for 132 King County deaths in 2015, 2016 there where 350 Deaths. So it is only going to get worse if they make safe injection sites worse.

Samoht
07-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Why should it bother you that people are voluntarily killing themselves in a peaceful manner? Get over it.

Patriam1066
07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Yeah no one ever gets behind a wheel on heroin or opiates

Completely victimless crime

skarlorn
07-20-2017, 07:04 PM
heroin is an evil alien consciousness attacking humans

Mead
07-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Why should it bother you that people are voluntarily killing themselves in a peaceful manner? Get over it.

Spoken like a true opioid addict. Because these people have friends, family, and people who depend on them. It would be great if they could just kill themselves with narcotics if it didn't affect everyone around them. I thought that was obvious though.

Samoht
07-21-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah no one ever gets behind a wheel on heroin or opiates

Completely victimless crime

I don't think you know how heroin works...

Because these people have friends, family, and people who depend on them. It would be great if they could just kill themselves with narcotics if it didn't affect everyone around them. I thought that was obvious though.

You are not the people police; you have no right to intervene in their lives. Here's something you didn't consider: they're going to do the stuff, anyway. That's the whole point of this to begin with. You give them a safe space to do it while keeping it out of sight of their family. Who would you rather find the remains? Children or social workers? I'm going to go with social workers.

Mead
07-21-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think you know how heroin works...

You are not the people police; you have no right to intervene in their lives. Here's something you didn't consider: they're going to do the stuff, anyway. That's the whole point of this to begin with. You give them a safe space to do it while keeping it out of sight of their family. Who would you rather find the remains? Children or social workers? I'm going to go with social workers.

If you believe people don't get behind a wheel after shooting up heroin or popping prescription pain killers then you have no idea what's going on in the world. It's on the news every single day where I'm at. Although I'm sure you meant most people don't shoot heroin up while literally driving.

Opioid dependency is a disease process and requires education, intervention, and treatment. It's what educated healthcare professionals get paid to do. The majority of people with narcotic addictions typically do not fall into the category of being able to educate on the matter. The freedom to destroy your life is not a good argument in light of those scientific facts. And unfortunately, as already stated, it's not just your life you're destroying.

Sorry for the derail. Had to educate our fellow forumquester. Let's get back on topic.

Samoht
07-21-2017, 10:30 AM
If you believe people don't get behind a wheel after shooting up heroin or popping prescription pain killers then you have no idea what's going on in the world. It's on the news every single day where I'm at. Although I'm sure you meant most people don't shoot heroin up while literally driving.

Why did bring up prescription pain killers? Is that because you have to in order to support your point of view since it otherwise wouldn't apply? They're not the same. The delivery method and the concentration matter.

Opioid dependency is a disease process and requires education, intervention, and treatment. It's what educated healthcare professionals get paid to do. The majority of people with narcotic addictions typically do not fall into the category of being able to educate on the matter. The freedom to destroy your life is not a good argument in light of those scientific facts. And unfortunately, as already stated, it's not just your life you're destroying.

Quit pretending that everybody with what you perceive as a problem wants your help. Maybe they just want to escape. Maybe they just want out. What you see as a problem, they see as a solution. People like you with your holier-than-thou attitude are the disease.

Pokesan
07-21-2017, 10:36 AM

Sorry for the derail. Had to educate our fellow forumquester. Let's get back on topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMr5baMC7Q

Mead
07-21-2017, 10:39 AM
GET WOKE

Samoht
07-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Wow. The IQ level in this thread just went down a few hundred points.

Pokesan
07-21-2017, 10:48 AM
brb driving to hogwarts on heroin

Zade
07-21-2017, 11:04 AM
thread degradation.

thanks everyone for all the input, signing off of this thread

<3

Samoht
07-21-2017, 11:31 AM
It's 2017. I can't believe that people are still wholly indoctrinated by Nixon's "War on Drugs" propaganda. Almost 50 years later, people still think usage is the cause of strife in their communities and not an effect.

Mead
07-21-2017, 11:49 AM
It's 2017. I can't believe that people are still wholly indoctrinated by Nixon's "War on Drugs" propaganda. Almost 50 years later, people still think usage is the cause of strife in their communities and not an effect.

Scientific evidence vs political propaganda. You're just ignorant and uneducated. You aren't alone though. We have a lot of work to do.

skarlorn
07-21-2017, 12:12 PM
HEROIN IS BAD 4 HUMAN BEANS

BUT BETTER THEY SHOOT UP N SAFETY SAFELY N HAVE SAFE DREAMS

Samoht
07-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Scientific evidence vs political propaganda.

Rofl. If you think there's a difference, you're the ignorant one. The people who pay for studies have a goal and enough money to make sure the research ends at their goal.

Mead
07-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Rofl. If you think there's a difference, you're the ignorant one. The people who pay for studies have a goal and enough money to make sure the research ends at their goal.

Yeap. We're done here.

maskedmelonpai
07-21-2017, 12:26 PM
there something wrong with people who habitually inject theyselfs with toxic substances, indulge deviant interests or post sincerely on 18+ elfsim forums. Society be better off without any these people, but in the name of self preservation, the one ambition for which nobody be faulted, i exempt mymelonself from the wanton disregard i here advocate for with regard to heroin addicts.

maskedmelonpai
07-21-2017, 12:32 PM
pretty heavy ship. i know. also,

Samoht = rtl Thomas = that blue train thing = SFP

Samoht
07-21-2017, 12:33 PM
I've (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funding_bias) got (https://explorable.com/research-bias) scientific (https://www.livescience.com/8365-dark-side-medical-research-widespread-bias-omissions.html) evidence (https://phys.org/news/2017-03-scientific-bias-problems.html) to (https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/10/most-animal-research-studies-may-not-avoid-key-biases) prove (http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/196846) it. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16505391)

Rader
07-21-2017, 12:41 PM

No sh!t, the "scientific consensus" on you name it is bought and paid for. Your tax dollars at work.

skarlorn
07-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Don't worry about what Rader thinks. In another thread he voiced an opinion that "There Will Be Blood" is one of the most idiotic movies ever made. It's not a movie that will appeal to everyone, but sheer inability to grasp the even the fringes of mastery exhibited in that particular piece of cinema is more alarming than the klaxons of London c.a. 1940. Clearly, this is a man of shallow thought in the extreme. Let's not even get into the thot he has unironically chosen for his project 1999 elf simulator forums avatar.

loramin
07-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Just as a general statement on human nature, it's easier to blame the victim than it is to have empathy for them.

Mead
07-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Don't worry about what Rader thinks. In another thread he voiced an opinion that "There Will Be Blood" is one of the most idiotic movies ever made. It's not a movie that will appeal to everyone, but sheer inability to grasp the even the fringes of mastery exhibited in that particular piece of cinema is more alarming than the klaxons of London c.a. 1940. Clearly, this is a man of shallow thought in the extreme. Let's not even get into the thot he has unironically chosen for his project 1999 elf simulator forums avatar.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I'm guessing he thinks No Country For Old Men was shit too.

maskedmelonpai
07-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Just as a general statement on human nature, it's easier to blame the victim than it is to have empathy for them.

that really depend on the individual ^^ there lotta people who experience just the opposite. I am regularly forced to beat my empathy into submission when it run wild in opposition of reason. even so, reason still lose the battle if i allow the condition to get too close. whether you feel that way or not though, it not your fault and it have no bearing on what should be done.

it all come down to what is best. for me, the best outcome possible is the one which minimize suffering, because we is feeling creatures. compassion and contempt cloud one's ability to clearly identify that most best of outcomes. neither have no place in the search for truth.

it important to remember that the outcome which minimize suffering may not always be the one we feel best about. people generally wanna do what right, what make them feel good, but they too often do not realize that what make them feel good is not necessarily right and very often is destructive.

just as someone find they self addicted to heroin, many many more, having ceded they intellectual sovereignty to others, find theyselfs addicted to placating they own conscience. instead of feeling bad about it though, the latter sing piously of they destructive acts. it not they fault neither though, because they never been taught, nor have they invested they own mental energy in sufficient quantities to arrive at the correct conclusion :c

Rader
07-21-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I'm guessing he thinks No Country For Old Men was shit too.

NCFOM was total garbage. Lost me at the start, completely unrealistic, the cop had a gun, why wouldn't he use it?!?

Rader
07-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Let's not even get into the thot he has unironically chosen for his project 1999 elf simulator forums avatar.

Be proud to be an admirer of constipated cats. I happen to prefer looking at other things. To each his own.

Mead
07-21-2017, 03:19 PM
NCFOM was total garbage. Lost me at the start, completely unrealistic, the cop had a gun, why wouldn't he use it?!?

I saw that coming a mile away

Rader
07-21-2017, 10:39 PM
I saw that coming a mile away

I understand, as a libturd you view being grounded in reality a character flaw. Since we are talking movies, let me make a prediction myself. You probably thought The Day After Tomorrow was brilliant cinematic genius.

A_Bomb
07-27-2017, 10:04 PM
I tried to read this thread but the people calling Arkansas Alaska (AK). Killed it for me. Do better next time.