PDA

View Full Version : Kunark beta server

nilbog
02-18-2011, 01:41 PM
As there hasn't been a patch on the p99 live server in quite some time, I'd like players to be aware that the beta server is a testing ground for not only the upcoming Kunark content, but also game mechanics and content for current live p99.

Issues which have been labeled as 'fixed, pending update' as well as new features such as disarm (thanks haynar) are implemented there.

Old man thorren can send you to any of the open Kunark zones, and Young Thorren can scribe your spells for free as well as summon kits to help you test.

Boxing is allowed
global chats are enabled
+500% exp
you may play p99 live as well as beta at the same time

http://i51.tinypic.com/1z6gsgn.jpg

A few features which could use testing before fully implemented:

Disarm
/who all count [class] [lvl]
consent/deny for offline characters
proper alchemy skill caps at GM trainer
Weapon Procs will no longer be interrupted by range or LoS checks after they have been triggered.
aggro/hatelist mechanics have been updated. Pulling, casting, sitting etc.
Pathing in old-world zones: There have been some Z (height) axis changes to improve functionality of a lot of things.

Runes:

Regular Runes will now absorb spell damage.
Bash damage absorbed by a rune, can still stun you.
Spellshields will absorb spells first. If they run out and any normal runes exist, then the normal rune will absorb the remaining spell damage until they are gone too.
Spell damage totally absorbed by a rune, will display as if normal damage was applied to attacker. Spell damage partially absorbed by a rune, will display the actual damage that occurs.

Spells:

Beta spells file. Download, highlights and instructions here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26504 (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26504)

It is far easier to fix bugs or tweak mechanics prior to them reaching the live server, so help test if you are able.

With Kunark a little over a month away, I'd like for its release to be as bug-free as possible.

Thanks!

tristantio
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
What is the best way to run multiple EQ clients?

Should each one run out of a separate install directory if running the live client and beta clients simultaneously?

nilbog
02-18-2011, 02:47 PM
What is the best way to run multiple EQ clients?

Should each one run out of a separate install directory if running the live client and beta clients simultaneously?

I use wineq 2.0 for running multiple clients. The free version works fine.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4

You can copy your current p99 directory to a new folder, and point your wineq profiles to whichever install you want to use.

Aternatively, if you do not want to use a different install, you can load multiple instances of the same client through wineq.

Otto
02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Is there any way we can contact a GM while testing the beta server? I'm on MIRC but it appears everyone is busy.

Just wait?

nilbog
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Is there any way we can contact a GM while testing the beta server? I'm on MIRC but it appears everyone is busy.

Just wait?

If it's related to a bug or mechanics issue, IRC or forums is the best place to reach a developer if they are not online. I'm not always at my keyboard, but IRC should always be running and I can respond when I return.

If it's a guide/GM issue, support on the beta server is very limited.

Omnimorph
02-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Do damage shields now work when runed? wasn't mentioned, but seeing as you've addressed the vast majority of rune issues, was wondering if this had been fixed also.

Uthgaard
02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Log onto beta and see!

BuzWeaver
02-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Boxing is allowed, nice!

Haynar
02-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Do damage shields now work when runed? wasn't mentioned, but seeing as you've addressed the vast majority of rune issues, was wondering if this had been fixed also.
I worked on runes ... and I don't know.

One of those things. So many things to fix, sometimes I can't remember if I got everything.

So get on, test it. See what I fixed. See what else I broke. Provide feedback.

THanks,

Haynar

Dantes
02-18-2011, 09:33 PM
So, um, if I talked to the old guy first and already went to Kunark, any way to get back? (as a melee) I've been wandering around slowly by myself exploring, but it would be nice to be able to go back to EC and pick another zone rather than walk it.

Beguiled
02-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Boxing is allowed
you may play p99 live as well as beta at the same time

Sorry, this ^^ made me wonder. Is it considered boxing to play on Project1999 as well as on a different server? For instance, playing on P99 and the EZ server at the same time?

Brad_mo123
02-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Sorry, this ^^ made me wonder. Is it considered boxing to play on Project1999 as well as on a different server? For instance, playing on P99 and the EZ server at the same time?

Technically it is boxing becuase you are running two clients but it's only illegal if the same person controls 2 or more characters at the same time on Project 1999. So yes you can play EZ server or whatever server while you play on Project 1999.

Alkorin
02-19-2011, 10:13 AM
/who all count [class] [lvl]

I believe this has had the inadvertant side effect of breaking /who for the SoF client. =/ It doesn't work at all anymore. Displays nothing, no matter what I type.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not just /who. A bunch of things no longer work properly. Guess SoF client is done working here... how disappointing. I tried sending you a tell or three, Nilbog, but I imagine you're quite busy. If I can give you a hand debugging these things, happy to do so -- I know this client is not supported, but I'll put the effort into this if you're willing.

Divarin
02-19-2011, 11:35 AM
consent/deny for offline characters

does this allow you to consent one of your other characters or does the offline character you consent need to be on another account?

Zarniwooop
02-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Edit: nm, my fiancee doesn't have a toon high enough to box.

Odeseus
02-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't know how the consent offline will work here, but on live I used it all the time. I'd park my rogue in a zone that one of my alts would be leveling in. When I'd die, I'd consent my rogue (same account so rogue is offline), log to rogue, drag the alt corpse to zone in for easy corpse runs.

Nuggie
02-20-2011, 08:04 AM
uhh, maybe not /corpsedrag but /corpse worked very early on.

hrafn
02-21-2011, 07:03 AM
so is the beta server gonna stay up after kunark is released or is it gonna come down?

odizzido
02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Pathing in old-world zones: There have been some Z (height) axis changes to improve functionality of a lot of things.

This is pretty vague so I am not even sure if what I tested was supposed to be changed or not.

Anyways the first bridge in paw with the pather that trains 1/2 the zone to you still does this.

astuce999
02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
This is pretty vague so I am not even sure if what I tested was supposed to be changed or not.

Anyways the first bridge in paw with the pather that trains 1/2 the zone to you still does this.

That's not a bug, it's his intended path, look at a map and you'll see why he does this.

The Z axis improvement have actually had a negative effect in kedge on beta server, mobs start hitting you before reaching you on the z axis, and if you don't swim around a bunch they never path up to you, staying below where you can't hit them but they hit you.

odizzido
02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
I know why, how, and where.....which is how I was able to go test it.

Anyways bug or not, it really makes the dungeon less usable which is why I thought it may have been changed.

nilbog
02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
So, um, if I talked to the old guy first and already went to Kunark, any way to get back? (as a melee) I've been wandering around slowly by myself exploring, but it would be nice to be able to go back to EC and pick another zone rather than walk it.

Have Old Man Thorren bind you, go to Kunark, die to return to EC, and use the adventuring kit to teleport back and res your body.

I believe this has had the inadvertant side effect of breaking /who for the SoF client. =/ It doesn't work at all anymore. Displays nothing, no matter what I type.

I believe this is being looked at by the source developers. I am not sure of the implications :T

does this allow you to consent one of your other characters

Yep, thats the way it should be functioning now.

Haynar
02-22-2011, 12:41 AM
That's not a bug, it's his intended path, look at a map and you'll see why he does this.

The Z axis improvement have actually had a negative effect in kedge on beta server, mobs start hitting you before reaching you on the z axis, and if you don't swim around a bunch they never path up to you, staying below where you can't hit them but they hit you.

Kedge sucks. Paths will be finished in kedge soon. I am trying to finish up testing source changes that were made to get them working. So hopefully can push them out soon, so that you can test too.

H

Alkorin
02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
I believe this is being looked at by the source developers. I am not sure of the implications :T

Awesome. If any source dev types are reading this, and need someone with some time on their hands who runs the SoF client, look me up. I will gladly assist in debugging these issues.

Banditfist
02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Will the server be brought back on line again?

Thetan
02-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Will the server be brought back on line again?

Been asking for 2 days and no one saying boo.

Sparkin
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
I guess its top secret infos. Or they can't take 10 seconds to let us know.

maegi
02-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess its top secret infos. Or they can't take 10 seconds to let us know.

Yeah being rude and disrespectful to the Devs is a great way to get a response. Might not be the one you wanted or expected though, just saying.