PDA

View Full Version : What would you be ready to pledge to see Luclin/PoP released on p99 ?

Prismaticshop
07-04-2017, 04:26 AM
This is a question from the community to the community.

branamil
07-04-2017, 04:56 AM
I am contempt with current content.

Hmm

Troxx
07-04-2017, 05:22 AM
I would love to see aa's and luclin spells added without luclin itself. Spells could be added to velious and kunark mobs of appropriate level.

AA's would give me something to do on my level 60s

Meep
07-04-2017, 08:57 AM
I would love to see aa's and luclin spells added without luclin itself.

why bother? just luclin aas?

username17
07-04-2017, 09:26 AM
This may just be rumor or poor recollection on my part but IIRC a large part of the Luclin (AA specifically) code was ripped out in order to make P99 more... P99.
Someone please expand on this or correct me if possible.

Jimjam
07-04-2017, 09:36 AM
"I am contempt" lol

Dulu
07-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Live TLP's have proven a few times now (via monitoring sub numbers) that Luclin and PoP are the most popular expansions. Numbers drop dramatically on the TLP's after LoY and LDoN.

Servers are dead once OoW and GoD hit.

Jimjam
07-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Live TLP's have proven a few times now (via monitoring sub numbers) that Luclin and PoP are the most popular expansions. Numbers drop dramatically on the TLP's after LoY and LDoN.

Servers are dead once OoW and GoD hit.

That's because the WoW TLP servers get released when the EQ TLP servers hit GoD!

GoD wasn't terrible as a fresh expansion, honest!

Doctor Jeff
07-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I would donate a lot of money to prevent Luclin content from being released on p99.

shuklak
07-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I pledge 15 a month and have your idea on agnarr...

Mytral
07-04-2017, 11:52 AM
I hold the current raid scene in contempt. I am content with the current content however.

Thanks for asking.....

EliteJackson
07-04-2017, 11:57 AM
X - I do not wish to see Luclin / PoP released on P99

fadetree
07-04-2017, 11:59 AM
I want the TRUTH!

skarlorn
07-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Server is perfect

Zal22
07-04-2017, 12:26 PM
After AA add rank 2 & 3 versions of every spell.

Give max -/+ level mobs a .00001% chance to drop BiS raid loot.

Make it liveĦ!

All joking aside the latter would be hilarious to see the "elite" player tears.

Tankdan
07-04-2017, 12:41 PM
$0 but id love to see Luclin/PoP on p99

Expediency
07-04-2017, 12:50 PM
I would probably retire from p99 if pop came here. Zero dollars from me. Many other options for players who want to see that content.

Siege_Turtle
07-04-2017, 02:46 PM
I would guess that we would likely get features from those expansions, as custom content, instead of the whole thing.

The main issues I see with Luclin would be the bazaar, which would kill the EC tunnels, and Paludal Caverns, which would need to be nerfed exp-wise if it ever made it in the game. I would be totally fine with Luclin, in general, getting in otherwise.

Planes of Power would likely kill the point of the server if Plane of Knowledge ever got in, as much as I would like the ease of travel. This was the expansion that killed what we call "Classic Everquest" because of it. I could see raid zones as custom content, however.

The only thing in particular I want from those expansions are Beastlords, as well as Berserkers from later expansions. It would make my day to see them playable on the server, although it would be a lot of work to implement. It would be interesting to see how they function in Classic Everquest, as well as working with others to figure out their epic quests, among other things. It would make for good custom content, in my opinion.

As far as code having been removed, I've only seen that mentioned once on here. I also saw a youtube video of someone who regularly makes P99 videos, where he talked about the issue of "copyright" being a barrier to adding Luclin raids as custom content to the server. Sadly, I can't find the specific video this was discussed, nor do I remember how old it was to determine if things may have changed. I also have not seen this discussed on the forums.

Croco
07-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Luclin would be a double win. All the curmudgeon elitists that would retire plus the extra content that would allow more guilds to thrive and the overall win of having more content to spread around.

skarlorn
07-04-2017, 09:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TfRAt5r.jpg

Baler
07-04-2017, 09:11 PM
http://imgur.com/Mqq06pX.gif
gif by drktmplr12

skarlorn
07-04-2017, 09:27 PM
^smiled and exhaled strongly thru my nose to indicate minor amusement

ZiggyTheMuss
07-04-2017, 09:39 PM
I will pay 50 for luclin but so not want PoP.

Cecily
07-04-2017, 10:28 PM

You're rich enough you could just make a sizable bribe to see it happen and quite frankly I'm a little dissapointed you haven't done so yet. Voted zero dollars because Mr. Moneybags OP has it covered and I am contempt with current content.

bigsykedaddy
07-04-2017, 11:46 PM
I would donate a lot of money to prevent Luclin content from being released on p99.

^This

Spyder73
07-04-2017, 11:58 PM
If they implemented Luclin in a classic way (No Bazaar, No PoK) I think it would be really great. AA's, Beastlords, extra zones, more raids would all be really fun. I'd even say leave the level cap at 60. I have been hoping that some "custom" content that we may get in the future is in fact Luclin content that is de-bastardized and made classic.

Maliant
07-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Keep this as a museum piece. Hopefully 100 years from now P99 will be alive and kicking and HEB's will be 1 billion plat!

skarlorn
07-05-2017, 12:23 AM
You're rich enough you could just make a sizable bribe to see it happen and quite frankly I'm a little dissapointed you haven't done so yet. Voted zero dollars because Mr. Moneybags OP has it covered and I am contempt with current content.

*nods eagerly*

RagefootAngerhands
07-05-2017, 01:30 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but Luclin ruined the game for me. More specifically, AA ruined the game for me. Endless XP grinding is just not fun.

Luclin content (EXCEPT VEX THAL FUCK VEX THAL FUCK VEX THAL TWICE =(((((((((() was a lot of fun -- it was interesting, and a lot different from what existed before. Katta Castellum was the coolest city ever. Even the Bazaar was fine; as much as I enjoy the EC tunnel, I'd almost say that I preferred it. I never had to worry about where I was going to get my Grobb Liquidised Meat fix.

PoP, on the other hand, was terrible across the board. PoK portals took all the mystery out of the game. May as well add a WoW-style LFG/LFR system at that point.

Mead
07-05-2017, 01:36 AM
love these threads

Prismaticshop
07-05-2017, 01:41 AM

If it were down to this, I would have already invited them to E3 or GC and shown them that to me, they are a real player of this industry.

However I believe the P99 staff to be a special breed, their lore is sacred and money won't affect their opinion on the matter at all.

On top of that my 7 years on p99 has shown me they are keen to remain independent. Pledging money to have content released would put pressure on them I guess that's the exact opposite of how they have behaved so far with the project.

I would just like to know if their opinion on the matter have any chances to evolve.

Is Nilbog secretly dreaming of having guilds crushed by Emperor Ssra ?

Is Rogean having the guilty pleasure to imagine top guilds destroyed for hours in Vex Thal ?

Afterall, Sirken may have dirty fantasies about Akheva Ruins Aliens.

The community would like to know !

Mead
07-05-2017, 01:44 AM
If it were down to this, I would have already invited them to E3 or GC and shown them that to me, they are a real player of this industry.

However I believe the P99 staff to be a special breed, their lore is sacred and money won't affect their opinion on the matter at all.

On top of that my 7 years on p99 has shown me they are keen to remain independent. Pledging money to have content released would put pressure on them I guess that's the exact opposite of how they have behaved so far with the project.

I would just like to know if their opinion on the matter have any chances to evolve.

Is Nilbog secretly dreaming of having guilds crushed by Emperor Ssra ?

Is Rogean having the guilty pleasure to imagine top guilds destroyed for hours in Vex Thal ?

Afterall, Sirken may have dirty fantasies about Akheva Ruins Aliens.

The community would like to know !

The community already knows. It's the people who can't accept reality that create threads like this. It ain't happenin'

Prismaticshop
07-05-2017, 01:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wlmdyu3.jpg

skarlorn
07-05-2017, 02:22 AM

Hm nice post here. Best post in favor of expanded content I've seen since Jan 2013

Valura
07-05-2017, 02:30 AM
release luclin and PoP but you have to key for sraa/vt everytime you want to do them as well as re flag for time when you want to do time/quarm

Valura
07-05-2017, 03:15 AM
anyway, luclin and PoP look like ass on the titanium client

Croco
07-05-2017, 05:07 AM
The community already knows.

*Vocal Minority*

FTFY

Mead
07-05-2017, 05:45 AM
*Vocal Minority*

FTFY

The vocal minority are the only ones with reading comprehension skills then. Thanks for the fix.

Croco
07-05-2017, 06:01 AM
The vocal minority are the only ones with reading comprehension skills then. Thanks for the fix.

Or they use the forums a lot more/at all.

Glad I could help!

Cecily
07-05-2017, 07:52 AM

I miss Kingore. Glad he's not wasting his life here anymore tho.

Axlrose
07-05-2017, 11:15 AM
I would like to see if the twelve people (so far) that offered to pay over $15,000 each would actually fork over the cash if Rogean and company said, "Alright, let's see the green and we'll talk..."

Alanus
07-05-2017, 11:53 AM
That's because the WoW TLP servers get released when the EQ TLP servers hit GoD!

GoD wasn't terrible as a fresh expansion, honest!

The content being tuned for level 70s (when the cap was 65) kind of ruined it, but there was some cool stuff in it.

Foxplay
07-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Luclin on a different server (Not blue obviously) Absolutely Id love to see that but we probably wont..... PoP yea no

Jimjam
07-06-2017, 02:30 AM
The content being tuned for level 70s (when the cap was 65) kind of ruined it, but there was some cool stuff in it.

This is a fair point, I went back to GoD when I returned to EQ around DoN era, and it was much more engaging then.

Prismaticshop
07-06-2017, 05:41 AM
I would like to see if the twelve people (so far) that offered to pay over $15,000 each would actually fork over the cash if Rogean and company said, "Alright, let's see the green and we'll talk..."

You'd be surprised.

The players on p99 range from social meth head misfits to hedge fund managers / millionaires.

I am utterly confident a crowdfunding for Luclin/PoP would be beyond successful.

Then again the question is if those expansions won't get released due to p99's staff personal opinions or due to lack of ressources.

Sallan
07-06-2017, 06:12 AM
You'd be surprised.

The players on p99 range from social meth head misfits to hedge fund managers / millionaires.

I am utterly confident a crowdfunding for Luclin/PoP would be beyond successful.

Then again the question is if those expansions won't get released due to p99's staff personal opinions or due to lack of ressources.

Or even restrictions in place which we don't know about from daybreak.

Baler
07-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Or maybe Nilbog doesn't want luclin. Have you ever stopped to think about that?

*sigh*, Get over it jeez.

Tann
07-06-2017, 09:00 AM
I would love to see aa's and luclin spells added without luclin itself. Spells could be added to velious and kunark mobs of appropriate level.

didn't read thread but 100% this. though I don't have any 60's, but if i did..

also this will never happen, stahp with these threads. TLP servers are that way. >>>

Bummey
07-06-2017, 07:12 PM

except that was the best part. Shit was brutal. GoD and Omens were the pinnacle of EQ raiding.

Achromatic
07-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Bout 350

mcoy
07-06-2017, 10:10 PM
This is painful for me. Luclin opened up the cleric class a *lot*. With the new Yaulp series and summoned hammer - I was able to actually DPS (ok yeah granted it was crap) while medding and being the only healer in a group. It really made the class a lot more interesting to play. I mean honestly, I comment in-game that my skill at Floor Tile Warming just went up.

However, PoK was bad. When a caster dinged - most of the fun was hunting down your new spells; even if you could look up where they were sold after a while. Plus the books totally killed my (then) main Wizzy's easiest source of income. It just became a different game when Luclin launched. Then PoP and IIRC that's when we got AA's and it just got stupid. I remember being a 65 cleric with 300+ AA getting turned down for a group because they only wanted people with a ton more.... Do you really want to see that here?

-Rambling Cleric (Mcoy)

whitebandit
07-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Bout 350

sad that Bush/towers/350 arent an option? wtf has happened to pnn

Mead
07-07-2017, 12:38 AM
so far we're up to a minimum of $298,100

Prismaticshop
07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
61,01% would like to donate

minimum 300K$ pledged.

kinda rad

Sonark
07-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Is "young doctor" slang for drug dealer?

skarlorn
07-09-2017, 05:11 PM
OP has failed to realize that many people voted 15,000+ because it is where the bush/towers options usually goes. People here don't actually read the text, they just emotionally react based upon the shape of polls and posts.

Jimjam
07-09-2017, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

for no luclin +

Sonark
07-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Is "young doctor" slang for drug dealer?I need closure.

Ohno
07-12-2017, 08:43 AM

This.

Lagaidh
07-12-2017, 08:43 AM
love these threads

Y'know what? So do I. :D

In the south where I'm from, there's this style of conversation, you see, where two folks just sorta, bitch and moan. It's not mean spirited in honesty, but it can sound that way. Pick some asshole at work, two folks can just bitch up a blue streak. I guess it's that way for all folks in some way.

I enjoy these threads the way I do a good bitch session.

ziffiz
07-12-2017, 09:04 AM

Agree with this, but it would be custom content.

Luclin/Pok in total would destroy the classic appeal of the server.

Travel becomes trivial, all home towns die to PoK, EC tunnel dies to Bazaar, classic zones empty out. We all saw it happen on live.

Im ok with the zones/races/classes if somehow they could exclude PoK, and Bazaar.
Give druids and wizards portals to Plane of Tranquility and Nexus to get access to those zones.

Lhancelot
07-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Y'know what? So do I. :D

In the south where I'm from, there's this style of conversation, you see, where two folks just sorta, bitch and moan. It's not mean spirited in honesty, but it can sound that way. Pick some asshole at work, two folks can just bitch up a blue streak. I guess it's that way for all folks in some way.

I enjoy these threads the way I do a good bitch session.

Nothing wears me out more spiritually than whining and complaining about something that will not or cannot be changed. Whether it's about people, a game, a food, whatever it may be.

I also hate when people start crying and bitching about things that aint even happened yet. Utter waste of energy creating drama over things that aint happened yet.

I always cross bridges when I get to them.

***Now if you whine or cry about something stupid to troll, then it's a different ball game.

Is this a troll thread?

Or is it a veiled whine thread pretending to open discussion on what could be/would be if only they opened up Luclin/PoP?

Snaggles
07-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Luclin and PoP ruined EQ for me. I'd donate to avoid that from ever happening...

Prismaticshop
07-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Just a thread to gauge interest.

Also measuring how much dough we could get Brogean

skarlorn
07-13-2017, 12:05 AM
I need closure.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22465

it's a super old p99 meme dating back from when some nerd freaked out and claimed to be a young doctor.

he was likely a drug addict, it's a common typo.

Daldaen
07-13-2017, 09:14 AM
P99 definitely needs Luclin/PoP.

But before those the following changes/fixes would be incredible:

Removal of ToV Bind Points
Permarooting relevant NToV Lord/Ladies
Implementation of Ring of Vulak script, complete with 4-Loot Vulak and 2 Ancient Spells each kill.
Addition of Idol of Rallos Zek in the AoW Script
Shawl 8 Quest Added
Iksar Shaman Cudgel / Necro DemiLich Skullcap / Monk Whistling Fists quests added
Focus Effects Added

Then once all of those are added in we can talk about Luclin. It would be a really good addition to P99. Beastlords creations would revitalize the low level game/grouping scene. AAs give purpose to continually play your main and balance out classes quite nicely. New spells balance out classes much better. Plus it actually adds a few decent group EXP zones like Ssra, Grey, and the Deep for grouping beyond Seb/HS/Velks that people currently use. Tradeskillers would actually be able to turn a profit with the addition of the Earring of Solstice quest. The BD Cultural armor would Breath some life into the cultural armor market. Leatherfoot Haversacks would provide another non-TinkBag path to large low weight baggage.

A+ Idea adding Luclin to start. PoP would make it even better.

maskedmelonpai
07-13-2017, 09:21 AM
lotta contempt with current content. i don't understand it really, but i don't want luclin neither:

Sonark
07-13-2017, 02:12 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22465

it's a super old p99 meme dating back from when some nerd freaked out and claimed to be a young doctor.

he was likely a drug addict, it's a common typo.Hahaha not as good as I hoped, but better than I expected. Thanks.

There's some Star Wars website called stardestroyer.net or something, and the guy who runs the place claimed that he was a respectable member of society and completely trustworthy...because he had two computers.

The shit some people say

Sonark
07-13-2017, 02:17 PM
P99 definitely needs Luclin/PoP.
Iksar Shaman Cudgel / Necro DemiLich Skullcap / Monk Whistling Fists quests added
Warrior pike Pride of the Legion.

Greenmist seems to be on the far horizon, someday, so that's nice, but all the Iksar classes should have their epics.

Apparently, all the code was already in-game when Kunark launched, just never implemented until later on. I think Pride of the Legion was the last one to make it into the game.

I would actually like it if the Iksar epics were Iksar exclusive, but with the caveat that they couldn't get the proper 1.0s

dude
07-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Just say NO to portal books Just say NO!

Nimmanu
07-14-2017, 07:06 PM
I do not want to see either of these. At all. Ever.

I don't care what anyone says, aliens + high fantasy EQ = just hell no.

And PoP did little beyond destroying guilds en masse as people couldn't progress together.

I hope they never implement either of these, or make a server with them instead of destroying the 'main' P99 server with them.

Sear
07-14-2017, 07:22 PM

This.

Is it cardinal sin to suggest an eventual [every 5 years] type of reset to classic (or is this not allowed due to Daybreak)?

I think Luclin ruined EQ on live. There were just too many zones by that point, the automated features (AH) sucked the life/community out of the game, the zone design was uninspired & ugly, the new models sucked (human proportions and super serious aesthetic for every race), and the grind + gear gap just alienated the casual gamer who did not want to invest 9000 rl hours into grinding 400 AA points.

lochrin
07-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Just make a new p1999 server (luclin)
Restart from classic through to luclin
It could be implemented on a faster roll out (staff/devs have all the code/info from this shard)
Those folks who want to, can start over there, and work towards Ssra/vexthal/aa's and some folks really long for their precious AH ;)
Those who don't can stay here and watch as the server grinds to a full stop at Chardok2.0 ( the last piece of content )
Some will like. some will hate and some will meh.

bigsykedaddy
07-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Just make a new p1999 server (luclin)
Restart from classic through to luclin
It could be implemented on a faster roll out (staff/devs have all the code/info from this shard)
Those folks who want to, can start over there, and work towards Ssra/vexthal/aa's and some folks really long for their precious AH ;)
Those who don't can stay here and watch as the server grinds to a full stop at Chardok2.0 ( the last piece of content )
Some will like. some will hate and some will meh.

In addition to that I would also like to see them implement a new blue server starting at classic progressing through Velious with the proper timing on patches this go around. I would start over on a new Classic - Velious server in a heart beat :)

mickmoranis
07-15-2017, 10:17 PM

incorrect, this is a question from a retard to see how many other retards there are that play on p99

mickmoranis
07-15-2017, 10:20 PM
In addition to that I would also like to see them implement a new blue server starting at classic progressing through Velious with the proper timing on patches this go around. I would start over on a new Classic - Velious server in a heart beat :)

yeah and in addition to that I would like to see them add a VR simulator server where you can only play with people who have VR headsets and I would also like for THEM to do all this work for me

IN ADDITION I would laso prefer an a server that is up to date with current expansions on live but run by the P99 staff becuse Im a huge fucking retard.

mickmoranis
07-15-2017, 10:21 PM
I would also like to see a portal open to an alternate universe that IS everquest and I can walk through it and say good bye to everyone IRL forever.

bigsykedaddy
07-15-2017, 10:39 PM
I would also like to see a portal open to an alternate universe that IS everquest and I can walk through it and say good bye to everyone IRL forever.

Avatar to posts check out :cool:

stormlord
07-15-2017, 11:26 PM
I'd rather see a server wipe, whilst retaining classic + kunark + velious. I don't think it's good to have two blue servers. It splits the population too much. Wiping wouldn't remove all the mudflation or age problems and some won't like, but I think it'd help.

A sort of character lookup or server history lookup on the p1999 website would be fun. So you could search players or guilds by name and get a list of players. It might show some information about them. My character might have a "Got the killing blow on Grandmaster R`Tal." Server history might show who's looted what first or similar. It might also keep a running tally on how many times named have been killed. It may not seem worthwhile to some of you, but it could be fun to open up the server firsts and historical events so we all can get a feel for what has happened and what's currently.

Ultimately we have to accept these servers have a limited lifespan and the game popularity itself is fated to decay.

Looking forward to Pantheon. I hope it takes the baton somewhat. Best wishes to them.

EDIT: If a server wipe was mandated, I think it'd be fun to save all the prior characters (and guilds) and later create a lookup on the website so players could view their old characters and guilds. It of course would require time to make the lookup.

bigsykedaddy
07-16-2017, 03:46 AM
I'd rather see a server wipe, whilst retaining classic + kunark + velious. I don't think it's good to have two blue servers. It splits the population too much. Wiping wouldn't remove all the mudflation or age problems and some won't like, but I think it'd help.

A sort of character lookup or server history lookup on the p1999 website would be fun. So you could search players or guilds by name and get a list of players. It might show some information about them. My character might have a "Got the killing blow on Grandmaster R`Tal." Server history might show who's looted what first or similar. It might also keep a running tally on how many times named have been killed. It may not seem worthwhile to some of you, but it could be fun to open up the server firsts and historical events so we all can get a feel for what has happened and what's currently.

Ultimately we have to accept these servers have a limited lifespan and the game popularity itself is fated to decay.

Looking forward to Pantheon. I hope it takes the baton somewhat. Best wishes to them.

EDIT: If a server wipe was mandated, I think it'd be fun to save all the prior characters (and guilds) and later create a lookup on the website so players could view their old characters and guilds. It of course would require time to make the lookup.

Is that part of their agreement with Daybreak (mandated server wipe, if they release another progression server?)

skarlorn
07-16-2017, 03:58 AM
no one knows the truth

Tone23
07-16-2017, 10:00 AM
I'd rather see a server reset

Sk00ba5t3v3
07-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Game is dead. Try some Albion Online. It launches live tomorrow 6am PST.

Use this link.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=YGTLXSLDS5

Leiker
07-16-2017, 10:38 AM
I'd pay to avoid Luclin content. No Luclin is the primary reason to play P99 over any other server.

Removal of hideous Luclin models was the best day of the server. Just the thought that someone was viewing my characters with those hideous graphics pissed me off.

Fuck Luclin.

zodium
07-16-2017, 11:21 AM
I'd pay to avoid Luclin content. No Luclin is the primary reason to play P99 over any other server.

Removal of hideous Luclin models was the best day of the server. Just the thought that someone was viewing my characters with those hideous graphics pissed me off.

Fuck Luclin.

second

Crust
07-16-2017, 12:59 PM
This is basically a poll for Luclin to be added... 155 for and 100 against at my vote.

Also Books were added with PoK in Planes of Power expansion.

Luclin had bazaar, nexus, bst lords, flowing thought items, SSRA, VT, Umbral Plain, earring of the solstice, shawl 8, better trade skills, and paudal caverns. Lots of great stuff for the 60's as there is no level increase. Luclin is a content patch, i vote for content.

I liked luclin and would play.

Ashintar
07-16-2017, 01:13 PM
I signed up years ago knowing that there was a set end... what did you sign up for?

loramin
07-16-2017, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see Luclin (and/or PoP for that matter) on a server with P99's level of accuracy, quality staff, friendly community, etc. ... I just wouldn't want that server to be Project 1999.

Here's hoping that someday someone finds a way to buy, beg, borrow, or steal the P99 code/data necessary to start and progress a server from day one until to the end of Velious ... and then takes the same amount of time and care that Nilbog/Rogean did in adding every Luclin/PoP patch that comes after.

Sadiki
07-16-2017, 04:07 PM
Velious here is pretty bad when you look at the toxicness over Lodi/scout/rings/NToV, I can't even imagine what this crew being set loose in Luclin would be like. Probably have 9 shaman permacamping all the key shards and selling loot rights for the next 3 years.

Prismaticshop
07-16-2017, 11:53 PM
60% + still ready to donate

Hear us almighty Brogean !

Silken
07-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Like some others, I would pay to keep Luclin/PoP off of P99.

Things I didn't like about Luclin: The Furries and all of the incredibly poor lore associated with cats on the moon. The way that the teleportation spires made the game world so incredibly small. The way that PC basically made all the other zones obsolete with a huge exp bonus and the ability to level most of the way up in one zone, and the start of the 'one-path' system that we see on live today, where 99% of the zones are empty and useless. The Bazaar that removed any shred of social interaction that was left in the game.

What I liked about Luclin: Nothing. It was a nightmare of an expansion. Well, maybe mounts...

What I didn't like about PoP: PoK, and all the books, which made the game world even smaller yet, and almost non-existant.

What I liked about PoP: Alternate Advancement system, to some extent.

I already played the EQ where Luclin and all of it's successor's ruined the game, so I have no real desire to relive that. I am however excited to see what sort of custom content they could add to the game, when it is 'finished'.

skarlorn
07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
sorry prismatic but the bologna cops are in town and they say "35 people will not donate 15k those are just stay-at-home-sons with undergrad degrees and no gf"

zodium
07-17-2017, 01:44 PM
i just wanna play classic-velious, hope that's ok with everyone

impact
07-21-2017, 05:38 AM
This is called Project 1999 for a reason. It was designed for those who feel that everything after Velious transformed EQ into a different game. Go play a live TLP or something else if you aren't happy with the classic EQ experience that this server is providing.

Sonark
07-23-2017, 08:27 AM
There's a very real kind of irony with the people that love the original EverQuest trilogy and love to talk about what's classic and what's not and what makes this game what and what doesn't

And at the end of the day they're all self-serving motherfuckers so it's like...k.

Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptions.

The outside kind are not the kind that are good.

It's like "I am part of the guild/poop sockers that ruin the high end (the only possible goal for anyone ever because that's literally the point) for everyone else, but godamn if I'm ever going to let the game change or evolve enough where I lose my firm grip on this thing that I don't actually control"

It's like a weird sort of substitute for actually having a life they enjoy. Which is relatable

Godamn these young doctors, is what I'm saying.

Sonark
07-23-2017, 08:28 AM
And to be fairererer, we're all self serving motherfuckers.

loramin
07-23-2017, 11:11 AM
It's like "I am part of the guild/poop sockers that ruin the high end (the only possible goal for anyone ever because that's literally the point) for everyone else, but godamn if I'm ever going to let the game change or evolve enough where I lose my firm grip on this thing that I don't actually control"

You seem to have a distorted view of who controls the server. The lack of Luclin (or anything else about this server) has nothing to do with who the current top dog guild is, and everything to do with what the people running the server want ...

... and they don't want Luclin.

JurisDictum
07-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Agnarr is really all you need. Its true there is some unclassic stuff there....very little of it impacts PoP or Luclin.

This server is a museum to classic. If they just got rid of the hardcore raid scene, that would be the best thing for p99. But it wont happen.

The server staff never really understood that what they had was a casual server held hostage by a tiny group of fanatics.

At least I had the excuse that TLP basically sucked until Phinny (too many mage bot armies and unclassic shit). I really don't understand why you would want to put a bunch of effort into raiding this server anymore -- even from a fan of classic EQ that spent a ton of time on p99.

Silken
07-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptionsI think that you may be missing the point. People don't want Luclin+ because they are interested in disrupting things--they don't want it because it is where the game started to go downhill quickly. There are people like you describe, but guess what? There will always be those people, and they would exist if the server continued on to PoP, and they would exist on a fresh version of the current server.

JurisDictum
07-23-2017, 12:10 PM
There's a very real kind of irony with the people that love the original EverQuest trilogy and love to talk about what's classic and what's not and what makes this game what and what doesn't

And at the end of the day they're all self-serving motherfuckers so it's like...k.

Basically they want their sandbox (which is the point of this server to my understanding, so they're not wrong to be here and to want it) and they only want disruptions if they are the ones either benefiting or causing those disruptions.

The outside kind are not the kind that are good.

It's like a weird sort of substitute for actually having a life they enjoy. Which is relatable

Godamn these young doctors, is what I'm saying.

If only there was a rational third party that could step and say "lol, no I'm not going to let 10 hardcore guys make it impossible for most the server to ever see a Dragon."

I just wonder why a guy that has nothing to gain from hardcore guilds and doesn't play the game takes a look at the train fest that is NToV and the racing etc..and thinks to themselves "yea that looks classic to me -- this is what I was going for."

I never really been able to figure that out without tin foil hatting myself.

impact
07-24-2017, 05:13 AM
It seems pretty clear to me, and this poll is showing thus far, that the majority of people's classic experience doesn't rely on end game content. There is a lot of content aside from end game, and chilling with friends playing the game is good enough. To most people, the game is more about friends and people than it is content. Take away the people, and the end game content becomes empty and meaningless, am I wrong? A minority seem to want the majority of people that aren't completely focused on end game to cater to them. Are you upset that casual, non end game players have enough fun without being obsessed with end game?

I played this other game that came out in 1999 called Starsiege Tribes, some might have heard of it. My personal all time favorite game, still play that one too. Back in it's heyday, there were online ladders and leagues that teams would compete in. There was always one team that would dominate the #1 spots on those ladders. It's the way life fucking is. Did teams just quit the server, or demand that special rules or changes be put into place so that one team didn't dominate the top? Fuck no.

In the end, it makes much more sense for the server to be catered to the majority, even if they don't even care about end game, and just want a trilogy experience, than to implement things just for a small minority who are butt hurt because the top is dominated and they can't do anything about it.

Sadiki
07-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Consider donating directly to Daybreak Games
This should never be a thing.

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 02:50 PM
DBG should just buy p99 then legalize RMT but take 70% of profits.

Amyas
07-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Post level 60 exp packs would kinda break the point of p99?

Naethyn
07-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Stop at Pop!

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 04:11 PM
just had a revolutionnary idea... if they release luclin it could actually be fun.

Grief so hard make the server unplayable. the Paludal Caverns Train wars. Screaming slurs in the bazaar, Dial a Port boycotting the Nexus and putting scouts there so they could monitor who takes nexus ports and then blacklisting those people.

the opportunities here are AMAZING

Silken
07-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Screaming slurs in the bazaar,The chat windows in bazaar are irrelevant, as there would no longer be any communication. Most would probably even have their chat windows minimized.

Dial a Port boycotting the Nexus and putting scouts there so they could monitor who takes nexus ports and then blacklisting those people.With free ports to every continent, I would think that the need for ports would drastically decrease to the point where Dial a Port probably wouldn't be a thing anymore. (I know that when Luclin was introduced on live, people would still pay for ports, but you certainly couldn't make a living of it anymore like you can on P99).

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 05:49 PM
got any other ideas for how we could ruin the p99 experience if luclin dropped then Silken? thanks for poking holes in my strategem, we need a solid plan in case of the worst.

Silken
07-25-2017, 07:37 AM
DaP is far faster than Luclin era fast travel options. Lol.Obviously. People would still use druids for porting, I just don't believe that they would enough to sustain an enormous guild full of people, that solely exists to port people.

Not quite the death of Social Life as some people have made it out to be.It actually was though. I know this because I was actually playing the game when Luclin was released.

mcoy
07-25-2017, 09:22 AM
I was a 50's Wizard when Luclin came out. Yes, my primary source of income was destroyed. I had to switch to camping spawns until I was high enough to quad in CS for gem money (by then PoP was out). I left myself at lvl 55 (switched to aa) and just used that char to farm money for my cleric.

It's not just about income though - it's about feeling useful. At least druids could still buff/heal/PL. I had O'Keil's radiation...

Hence the switch to cleric.

-Mcoy

talian21
07-25-2017, 02:52 PM
I know no one cares and this is probably a dead thread, but it sounds to me, after reading 6 pages, that Luclin/PoP would be just fine if you just disabled the PoK stones, (instead of /who all LFG... wtf...) normalized the Paludal Caverns ZEM, and removed spell vendors from PoK, three very quick n easy things to do. SOE went with PoK stones b/c they couldn't keep the boats running after the oldboys left. We don't have that problem here, so...

mcoy
07-25-2017, 03:03 PM
How does one get to Luclin in the first place? Put the Scions back at the Combine portals and "wish to travel"?

Sonark
07-26-2017, 08:04 AM
You seem to have a distorted view of who controls the server. The lack of Luclin (or anything else about this server) has nothing to do with who the current top dog guild is, and everything to do with what the people running the server want ...

... and they don't want Luclin.My post wasn't about actual control.

I made that clear

Sonark
07-26-2017, 08:05 AM
I think that you may be missing the point. People don't want Luclin+ because they are interested in disrupting things--they don't want it because it is where the game started to go downhill quickly.In their opinion, yup.

I said that. There are people like you describe, but guess what? There will always be those people, and they would exist if the server continued on to PoP, and they would exist on a fresh version of the current server.Also something I said.

I don't have to guess what.

bigsykedaddy
07-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Luclin can't be much worse than this shitty Velious content.

I personally think that's when the game started to go down hill quickly.

Silken
07-26-2017, 07:49 PM
I personally think that's when the game started to go down hill quickly.When a company begins to dumb down their game, it is always the beginning of the end for it.

I have never been able to find many redeeming qualities, in regards to Luclin as an expansion. Out of curiosity, for those that would like to see Luclin, what exactly is it about Luclin that you enjoyed back in the day?

Siege_Turtle
07-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Primarily, what I liked about Luclin was the Beastlord class. Not so much that it was considered an overpowered class, though being able to solo is great, but it was the concept of the class itself I loved. Having an alligator pet was also awesome, and the primary reason I went with Troll. My Beastlord was my favorite character.

As for other features of Luclin, I don't remember a lot of them. I remember leveling in zones, but none of them struck me as memorable compared to classic zones. Vah Shir were, in my opinion, a good addition as a race. I liked the concept of AA's, as it gave me something to work towards. The bazaar was useful, though I understand why we'd likely never see it on the server. I was not fond of the majority of the Luclin models, and the only use I had for mounts was for medding while standing. That is about all I remember.

As I mentioned before, I'm fine with Luclin, but I do see parts of it as custom content more likely. I would not be against Luclin, however.

Sonark
07-26-2017, 10:44 PM
When a company begins to dumb down their game, it is always the beginning of the end for it.

I have never been able to find many redeeming qualities, in regards to Luclin as an expansion. Out of curiosity, for those that would like to see Luclin, what exactly is it about Luclin that you enjoyed back in the day?The game only got more intricate as time went on.

Jimjam
07-27-2017, 02:35 AM
I really enjoyed Paludal Caverns. That was a cool zone, finding hidden lakes, breaking up smuggler holds, navigating knife edge pathways, discovering bizarre creatures in the darkness... really felt I was spelunking!

Lagaidh
07-27-2017, 02:41 AM
I would pledge departure.

Croco
07-27-2017, 10:44 AM
When a company begins to dumb down their game, it is always the beginning of the end for it.

I have never been able to find many redeeming qualities, in regards to Luclin as an expansion. Out of curiosity, for those that would like to see Luclin, what exactly is it about Luclin that you enjoyed back in the day?

The bazaar, more leveling zones, shissar temple, easier access to the karanas, more plentiful weight reduction bags, more/better monk itemization, more clickies to collect/camp, more raids, MORE CONTENT!

xtraball
07-27-2017, 10:49 AM
The main advantage of Luclin was easy transportation. But I've never been found of the mounts.

Second : Beastlord and Vah Shir