PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Necropotence

serberus
06-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Saw a WTB in EC thread at 330k.

What is this thing and why is it so expensive?

It just seems to be skelly form. So what?

What am I missing?

Muggens
06-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Its a rich boys toy

William_Munny15
06-24-2017, 02:57 PM
It's mainly a toy for the cool / vanity points. But with an AoN, Shrink pots, and an eye ball, (beads, stalking probes ect) any class can glitch themselves through any locked door. Just shrink, run face first into the door, click AoN, then click your beads / probe and pop your eye through door, click it off and you should pop to the other side of the locked door. So it has that possibility too, it's been really nice on my cleric to get through locked doors to rez in HS. If you're factioned in chardok you can get through all the locked doors as well, kinda nice =)

Baler
06-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Perception. People perceive it to be worth a lot.
supply and demand isn't really a thing on p99.

Doctor Jeff
06-24-2017, 03:11 PM
It removes your name tag and racial faction modifiers which offers a huge advantage in PvP.

mickmoranis
06-24-2017, 03:20 PM
It removes your name tag and racial faction modifiers which offers a huge advantage in PvP.

but on blue its a toy

toys are expensive in toy worlds.

skarlorn
06-24-2017, 04:12 PM
toys are expensive in toy worlds.

funny and true

Notaa
06-24-2017, 06:07 PM
Instant junk buff, global cooldown, and spam when rising with lev to float higher. Non kos in freeport, neriak.. and most importantly, get the cool flying kick as an iksar monk.

Jmcwrestling
06-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Dont forget the ability to not have have the iksar 2h animation on iksar

Would pay 350k for that alone

skarlorn
06-24-2017, 07:47 PM

honestly this is true, especially if you're the type to have logged a few hundred hours on your level 60 BiS iksar monk, you really wouldn't want to develop ocular cancer watching this animation (even as a young doctor with plenty of cash to throw at the problem)

radda
06-24-2017, 08:14 PM

I think the animation is cute in a crippled puppy sort of way

Tecmos Deception
06-24-2017, 08:27 PM

Amen.

Dulu
06-24-2017, 08:49 PM
Instant junk buff, global cooldown, and spam when rising with lev to float higher. Non kos in freeport, neriak.. and most importantly, get the cool flying kick as an iksar monk.

On p99 is the non-KOS portion all cities? Or just those specifically?

mickmoranis
06-24-2017, 08:51 PM
obligatory https://youtu.be/fFsvESLXqCE

Notaa
06-24-2017, 08:58 PM
I know it works in freeport and neriak, and not in felwithe / kelethin. Not sure about anywhere else, but I suspect if the city doesn't have a necro guild it won't work

Dulu
06-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Curious about oggok and grobb now. And what if you kill guards while a skeleton, can you stay indifferent? ��

skarlorn
06-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Hey guys I'd pay 490k for one of those hehe

What a the most plat you've ever had swish

??

Convict
06-24-2017, 09:24 PM
didn't see if mentioned but this allows medium-large races to see through walls for face tracking

Sonark
06-25-2017, 03:56 AM
It's mainly a toy for the cool / vanity points. But with an AoN, Shrink pots, and an eye ball, (beads, stalking probes ect) any class can glitch themselves through any locked door. Just shrink, run face first into the door, click AoN, then click your beads / probe and pop your eye through door, click it off and you should pop to the other side of the locked door. So it has that possibility too, it's been really nice on my cleric to get through locked doors to rez in HS. If you're factioned in chardok you can get through all the locked doors as well, kinda nice =)Wtf on p99 you need the extra steps of needing an Eye of Zomm?

They patched it out of Live a year or two ago, but I only ever needed (as an Iksar) to shrink first, autorun, then click my AoN to get through doors.

Tobius
06-26-2017, 05:31 PM
honestly this is true, especially if you're the type to have logged a few hundred hours on your level 60 BiS iksar monk, you really wouldn't want to develop ocular cancer watching this animation (even as a young doctor with plenty of cash to throw at the problem)

I've been away for a really really long time, I'm glad this young doctor meme is still around. Got a nice pang of 99 nostalgia, thanks for that.