PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually Roleplay

haaschnp
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello,

I grew up on Dungeons and Dragons-THAC0 and all. (And no, I never dressed like my character or spoke with a faux-british accent.) There was always something appealing about high fantasy and creating a story with a character you had a connection to.
Then came Everquest-a translation of something akin to D&D-to a 3D world. Now I didn't have to wait for those Friday nights to come along when my friends and I all had off of work and there was no football game or anything. It was great. That was 11 years ago and my Paladin, Llewyn, was soon left due to time constraints and college.
So, here I am, looking forward to bringing back the nostalgia. And so I have to wonder, does anyone Roleplay while playing Everquest? Or is that a thing in the past as well?
I'm fine with it either way. Just curious.

guineapig
02-16-2011, 03:42 PM
There definitely are a handful running around on this server. Some are more well known than others. But sadly it is more of a novelty to witness and definitely not the norm.

jtaddei
02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
a few friends and I used to roleplay satirically because a GM of another popular emu server tended to love it when people roleplayed their class/race. Nothing more than a "hither/thither" and "sire" etc, you know - surface renaissance fair chat.

/neckbeard

Versus
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Had some ogre shaman in my group in Oasis roleplay.

Was fun for 20 minutes or so, then I just got tired of straining to make out what the neckbeard was trying to say to me.

runlvlzero
02-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I occasionally RP but not in a strict sence, but if someone /emotes something or gives me a title or for, example there was an ogre talking in the 3rd person and i kept hiding around her and she kept looking around for me kind of thing... so ya i call that RP and its random and interspersed with my normal chatter. but I hardly let RP get in the way of XP! and lewtz

hedbonker
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
As a halfling, I give out pie. But that's it...

Myrkskog
02-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Ogres will be your biggest offenders, followed by trolls, and the very occasional gnome(Ninik has gnome roleplay down pat)

YendorLootmonkey
02-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Seek out.... The Shoveler. He wanders the lands of Norrath shoveling evil.*

* Except for that time where he was trying to save an entire guild raid force from a dry bones skeleton outside of the Fear portal and realized that his shovel is not magic and therefore stood there swinging his shovel uselessly in front of everyone in awkward, embarrassing silence.

Jenni D
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
me and yendor role play all the time offline....

azeth
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM

Yendor plays the role of a dead ranger, and Jenni also plays the role.. of ..a dead ranger.

Jenni D
02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
oh you meanie

Estu
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Yendor plays the role of a dead ranger, and Jenni also plays the role.. of ..a dead ranger.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZwQcLs3feQUkuG9FU1Mc85M32T2HOz KRODQQAx3DAAiNsIewP&t=1
ASS TO ASS

maegi
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
ranger gate ftw!

ukaking
02-17-2011, 03:11 AM
When kunark opens, we will have an all iksar guild. Maybe not full rp, but more than most. We will also do fun lore based events. Not always raids. Pvp battle royals in cabilis arena and what not. There is a rich history to the iksar race, we intend to take advantage of it.

haaschnp
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Interesting.
I'm glad people can have fun with it without going overboard.
I'm tempted to roll a halfing just to hand out pie now...

Ihealyou
02-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Not a lot of people roleplay, but from what I've seen, most people will play along, especially if you make your character funny or interesting. If you keep it lighthearted and fun, you'll find people are having a great time playing with you.

YendorLootmonkey
02-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Yes... about that... why am I always the one that has to wear the french maid outfit????

Hasbinbad
02-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes... about that... why am I always the one that has to wear the french maid outfit????
..because when you bend over to dust it makes her dick hard..
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

audacity
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
..because when you bend over to dust it makes her dick hard..
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

keep...going...almost....fini....shed.....