PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite camp?

El Prez
06-15-2017, 01:12 PM
For me it might have been fungus. If doing it with a team you needed to find a way to keep everyone satisfied and the loot fair, a difficult task when pixel lust could plague the hearts and minds of even Norrath's most noble. This camp brought about some pretty interesting systems in effort to keep numbers strong and the loot flowing. Never a dull moment when opportunistic pre parked characters could jump you at the worst of times.

Duo/trio teams came up with some of the craziest ways of tackling this loot piņata. Sense corpse targeting, pacify hax, mob displacement, crazy new pull locations, unheard of game mechanics, warp points, sneak pulling madness. With all the innovation that came out of that camp I probably wouldn't have been that shocked if I saw someone killing the king in TT. This camp is one of the most awesome examples of how fun a game can become when you gave the players freedom instead of invisible walls. Well except for the Karanas, but what are you gonna do?

Even though this camp was an awesome way to explore the not so mind numbing blue side of EQ, the pvp was not lacking in the slightest. Your worst mistake was ever assuming you had it in the bag. Even with all your enemies plugged/dead and your force fully buffed and an easy single pull looking like the only obstacle between you and a fungi. There was no guarantee that the fight did not have another hour or two to go, at the end of which you might be on the rustled end of a fungi drop, or thanking whatever deity you subscribe to that it was just a robe.

Hope you bitches share some stories instead of telling me how much I suck.

Rick Sanchez
06-15-2017, 01:48 PM
get a job you loser

Doctor Jeff
06-15-2017, 03:31 PM
I feel bad for losers who work at mcdonalds and can't play EQ while getting paid.

Fungus is a very fun camp. My favorite, however, is bear pits. I have slewn literally over 70,000 bears/wolves according to my logs.

El Prez
06-15-2017, 03:46 PM
I feel bad for losers who work at mcdonalds and can't play EQ while getting paid.

Fungus is a very fun camp. My favorite, however, is bear pits. I have slewn literally over 70,000 bears/wolves according to my logs.

Never did this camp. I know there was always the occasional YT from permafrost which I can only assume came from the pits. What was the pvp dynamic? How many mobs were you generally rotating through? Did it involve entering any cool areas of the zone or just staying on the flat ground?

Rhuobhe
06-15-2017, 04:13 PM
I loved doing South Karana Treants and Solusek gnomes

El Prez
06-15-2017, 04:33 PM
I loved doing South Karana Treants and Solusek gnomes

Oh man, nothing like seeing the EXG roaming with the shield. Such a sweet camp. I absolutely loved Sol A, has to be one of my top 2 zones.

Ya momma
06-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Sad thread, move to loser

fan D
06-15-2017, 06:17 PM
crushbone throne room. it's the first stage for a new player to prove your worth. A group of lvl 10-14's or so can hold this down but it's quick respawns and theres always adds. You camp at the table and if shit hits the fan ya gotta hop out the window. You get 3 named, two item drops, and amazing exp. It is the final tier of Crushbone, you feel like you beat the dungeon if you hold the castle down.

oricalum
06-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Chef camp before circlet nerf as a shadowknight. Was an all star pro camp for exp and loot back then.

fan D
06-15-2017, 07:38 PM
your the queer right? i think i was invited to ur discord once and saw yiblaan dick pics

down to hell

no idea who u r and u maybe received an authorized invite, prob why u are upset

Tune
06-15-2017, 08:07 PM
best camp for me was locket of escape on kunark launch

and props to vladimir (i think) for comming at me with a wurmslayer (i duno how u did this) 1 hour into kunark

i still beat him 3v1 bc my wizard had like 5k in click damage and 4 insta cast golem wands

georgie
06-15-2017, 08:15 PM
Bugs ni**a

blammo
06-15-2017, 08:26 PM
what if I told you that wurmslayer was a goblin parrying spear

heartbrand
06-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Manastone

Kenzi
06-15-2017, 08:53 PM
fabled fbss, spent 27 hours in line

Ames1
06-15-2017, 11:02 PM

Lol I remember doing that shit when I was like 15. Parked my paladin in the spawn room and went to sleep, woke up 8 hrs later and there was still a line. When it was your turn they would give you 5 mins to respond or your place went to the next guy. Couldn't imagine waiting there 24+ hours and when its finally your turn you are dropping a deuce and forfeit the spot. Good times

Imago
06-16-2017, 12:37 AM
Dessicated Halfling Mask - spent 2 months on Fippy Darkpaw camping it solo on a rogue. I remember looting it after my 20 min alarm went off to log in and kill it, and not even being happy I got it, just relieved I could sleep for longer than a half hour at a time. Within 2 weeks I quit the server.

Ranndom
06-16-2017, 05:48 AM
ass/sup in Guk, fun until Chewie shows up at least

Ive never actually camped that. Or any mob in any Guk. besides raster, lmao

sespeedy
06-16-2017, 07:29 AM
Fishbone Earring.

Playing with the Canoe was fun.

At least until you get both of them stuck.

~cough~

El Prez
06-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Dessicated Halfling Mask - spent 2 months on Fippy Darkpaw camping it solo on a rogue. I remember looting it after my 20 min alarm went off to log in and kill it, and not even being happy I got it, just relieved I could sleep for longer than a half hour at a time. Within 2 weeks I quit the server.

Still can't get over this story. sick fuck

Ragnaros
06-16-2017, 11:20 AM
when i was new i camped pzjyn in qeynos hills on ragnaros when i was lvl 30 for over a week setting alarms and killing it, think i acquired and sold around 10 GBS and bought a full resist set and a crystalline spear

the memories of when the immersion of being new was a thing

Doctor Jeff
06-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Never did this camp. I know there was always the occasional YT from permafrost which I can only assume came from the pits. What was the pvp dynamic? How many mobs were you generally rotating through? Did it involve entering any cool areas of the zone or just staying on the flat ground?

PvP dynamic was that there could suddenly be a fully buffed and vp geared necro, wizard, etc, etc, popping in on you with 0 notice while you have 12+ mobs aggroed.

When I solo'd on my druids, I usually had about 6 aggroed at a time, and when I was duoing sometimes we would pull all 18ish bears/dogs/spiders at the same time.

I usually had about 5-10 minutes of downtime to succor out, resow, and med up. Usually never went below 60% mana on my druid when I was PL'ing down there.

In a full group, it was afk-easy. No chance of death from pve, plenty of space to pvp, and tons of consistent xp.

Got about 20%/hr at level 59 soloing.
Less in groups, of course, even with the xp bonus on red, you are still sharing mobs that you don't need help to kill.

At 52, I think I only kept about 10 mobs down, but it gets very easy very fast.

SK's and Rangers also have a great time fear kiting down there, can usually keep about 5 or 6 down around level 55 without going below 80% mana.

Biggest thing about bear pits is that you will go 8 hours with no interruption gaining tons of xp for no effort and then suddenly someone will gate in and start luring you down and pelling your dots, roots, pets.

It's pretty easy to handle if you are prepare though, just like anything in Everquest.

I remember one time, I caught Trauer (revy) down there on his enchanter (moron) and he was too dumb to run to Vox and get a free succor so he just stood there trying to mez me while I slashed him to pieces, lol.

Don't be dumb and its a great spot where nothing bad can happen to you.

Side note: I see tons of people boxing down there, like Make/Opps. Druid/monk is a very popular box down there but it's always super obvious when the monk fd's whatever is on him and the druid fights you 1v1 then when the druid dies the monk fights you 1v1, lol. Free YT's generally if you see a pair like that down there.

My favorite duo down there was a dw helm pally + a shaman. Pally just aggroes every single mob, runs in circles around the sham while he roots them up, then spams dw helm while the shaman cannis and root rots 18ish mobs at a time

It's slower than a druid soloing but it's a good time.

Quiet
06-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Highpass Gnolls, then Orcs. Old school Tallon Zek camping. Also Giant Fort in Warslik Woods. OT/FM ramp in Overthere. Spider Queen in Crystal Caverns.

Ya momma
06-16-2017, 01:14 PM
PvP dynamic was that there could suddenly be a fully buffed and vp geared necro, wizard, etc, etc, popping in on you with 0 notice while you have 12+ mobs aggroed.

When I solo'd on my druids, I usually had about 6 aggroed at a time, and when I was duoing sometimes we would pull all 18ish bears/dogs/spiders at the same time.

I usually had about 5-10 minutes of downtime to succor out, resow, and med up. Usually never went below 60% mana on my druid when I was PL'ing down there.

In a full group, it was afk-easy. No chance of death from pve, plenty of space to pvp, and tons of consistent xp.

Got about 20%/hr at level 59 soloing.
Less in groups, of course, even with the xp bonus on red, you are still sharing mobs that you don't need help to kill.

At 52, I think I only kept about 10 mobs down, but it gets very easy very fast.

SK's and Rangers also have a great time fear kiting down there, can usually keep about 5 or 6 down around level 55 without going below 80% mana.

Biggest thing about bear pits is that you will go 8 hours with no interruption gaining tons of xp for no effort and then suddenly someone will gate in and start luring you down and pelling your dots, roots, pets.

It's pretty easy to handle if you are prepare though, just like anything in Everquest.

I remember one time, I caught Trauer (revy) down there on his enchanter (moron) and he was too dumb to run to Vox and get a free succor so he just stood there trying to mez me while I slashed him to pieces, lol.

Don't be dumb and its a great spot where nothing bad can happen to you.

Side note: I see tons of people boxing down there, like Make/Opps. Druid/monk is a very popular box down there but it's always super obvious when the monk fd's whatever is on him and the druid fights you 1v1 then when the druid dies the monk fights you 1v1, lol. Free YT's generally if you see a pair like that down there.

My favorite duo down there was a dw helm pally + a shaman. Pally just aggroes every single mob, runs in circles around the sham while he roots them up, then spams dw helm while the shaman cannis and root rots 18ish mobs at a time

It's slower than a druid soloing but it's a good time.

Yikes don't think a single person read this

hurt
06-16-2017, 01:18 PM
All of Dalnir, at level. Love that zone.

Probably the most unforgiven zone full of undercons.

Jazzy
06-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Got to be anywhere in lguk pre-kunark on live

Lucille
06-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Yikes don't think a single person read this

I read it. My druid is 48 and I'll be headed there soon.

El Prez
06-16-2017, 06:59 PM
read it, I now understand a camp I never knew much about. thanks

georgie
06-17-2017, 12:40 AM
What's your stance on strawberries + sour cream + sugar

Xaanka
06-17-2017, 01:36 AM
haha what kind of loser has a favorite camp

Xaanka
06-17-2017, 01:36 AM
my favorite camp was the last time i camped out of everquest

bestovv
06-20-2017, 05:05 AM
Lol I remember doing that shit when I was like 15. Parked my paladin in the spawn room and went to sleep, woke up 8 hrs later and there was still a line. When it was your turn they would give you 5 mins to respond or your place went to the next guy. Couldn't imagine waiting there 24+ hours and when its finally your turn you are dropping a deuce and forfeit the spot. Good times

yup did this too, my first real socking

Might have to go pained soul because it's utter shit, but you can watch movies and it feels amazing when you get it. It's not like "yes i got it!" it's "it's fucking over :cool:"

https://i.imgur.com/IpC6RMQ.png

I've also grown very fond of doing ragefire, tranix, and efreeti because i like training through sol b to check things or drag people with evasive and swimming through lava tunnels, just makes you feel like a badass on a warrior.

Sirbanmelotz
06-20-2017, 01:09 PM
get a job you loser

Sirbanmelotz
06-20-2017, 01:12 PM

I just ninja'd mine on fennin ro. I didnt get banned and that shit was hilarious

Genedin
06-20-2017, 05:40 PM
efreeeti in solb, such a fun zone to pvp in, and soloing that camp with a chanter or shaman is always exciting

KEWLGET
06-20-2017, 05:46 PM
the petition forum

heartbrand
06-20-2017, 09:48 PM
the petition forum

Good one

El Prez
06-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Favorite zones: Sol B and Unrest.

Camp wise Hag tower in UR - can get 10-12 levels here if you good.

Not many people know this but the hags respawn ~ every 6.5 mins and you can sit yourself in a spot on the edge of the window so you dont get agro from any pop up there. Great camp for most classes but you do need to split it for classes that cant i.e rogues/warriors and then keep it split.

The named ph is on a 27min timer so you gotta be carefuk of that. The hags have like 600-700 hp if you catch em before they rune+major shield so they die soooo quick.

On red99 was getting about 4-6% of a level every 6 mins from 28-38 here afking with a timer set. Also most pvpers were in the low range so never once got pvped here on multible toons.

Leveled many alts theu unrest, one of the best 10-40 zones if you're twinked and can split.

pretty cool.

HippoNipple
06-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Final pro tip that I NEVER fucking EVER saw anyone do but myself when vrsing caster mobs:

When you fight caster mobs i.e hag's in Unrest, save your bash till they start to cast, then quickly strafe thru the mob as it starts to cast and hit your bash from behind it....if you miss and they continue to cast then quickly cast your fast stun nuke, if you're good then 95% of the time you will interrupt their casting.... unless you get a resist and bash doesn't land.

Why does this work?

Because when a mob casts it stands stationary facing the way it was facing when it began casting, therefore you can step thru it and bash it from behind and it has less chance of missing.

(Sorry you lost basic 101 EverQuest)

You forgot the part about begging for gear and not returning it after someone allowed you to borrow it, then leeching by raiding for 1+ years wasting every item given to you while adding nothing to the raid.